Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,283 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Nigeria Without Igbos - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigeria Without Igbos (3651 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Without Igbos by kanaleke(m): 10:45am On Aug 07, 2015
It is a known fact that wherever you go,you must definitely see an igbo man/woman......We have this spirit of unquenchable hustling and we are super intelligent too.Just take Nigeria for instance,we dominate virtually all the fields:WITHOUT IGBOS I WONDER WHAT WOULD HAVE BECOME OF NOLLYWOOD,MUSIC INDUSTRY,FOOTBALL,BUSSINESS,POLITICS....Yes!.politics,We dictate the pace and you all follow suit.I wonder why people call for our heads despite our massive input in the country.IGBO KWENU!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 07, 2015
soon
Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by Visocrate(m): 11:00am On Aug 07, 2015
Nigerian without Igbos is like river without fish the country will collapse
Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by Teekrayne(m): 11:53am On Aug 07, 2015
Take it or leave it, the Igbos are really doing us good in Nigeria!!!! I'm a YoruBAHD buoy though(we aren't as business oriented as they are)........ Our own na how to re-do the burial ceremony Baba Safu wey don dey since 1958
Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by scholes0(m): 2:30pm On Aug 07, 2015
Teekrayne:
Take it or leave it, the Igbos are really doing us good in Nigeria!!!! I'm a YoruBAHD buoy though(we aren't as business oriented as they are)........ Our own na how to re-do the burial ceremony Baba Safu wey don dey since 1958

You are always on every thread repeating this... 'I am a YoruBAHD" buoy thing, and ceaselessly throwing blanket and/or shallow but also stupi.d statements around......
I doubt you are a very smart person in real life.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by Teekrayne(m): 2:59pm On Aug 07, 2015
scholes0:

You are always on every thread repeating this... 'I am a YoruBAHD" buoy thing, and ceaselessly throwing blanket and/or shallow but also stupi.d statements around......
I doubt you are a very smart person in real life.

.............................. Wao! A wiseman does not attack people in a foolish manner as you just did. He rather sits back, digests other peoples view, reasons along with them and at the end, pulls the "trigger" with wisdom!!! Now, tell me your needs? Are you out of drugs? Is your keypad sick that you can't post yours You wanna be popular?? I could bring out the "celebrity" in you anyway. However, the major snag that I observe in you is SIMPLE and LIMPID; there is no similarity between you and Human....... I posted the "yoruBhad buoy" of a tin to bring out the wereyness and stupidity in a group of certain animals! E.g, Baboons on Nairaland, the slowpokes etc! Guess what You just volunteered to represent the group by showing up. Big up

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by scholes0(m): 3:01pm On Aug 07, 2015
Teekrayne:
.............................. Wao! A wiseman does not attack people in a foolish manner as you just did. He rather sits back, digests other peoples view, reasons along with them and at the end, pulls the "trigger" with wisdom!!!

I have been watching you closely.
You are a lost cause.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by Teekrayne(m): 3:04pm On Aug 07, 2015
scholes0:

I have been watching you closely.
You are a lost cause.
........ I love the fact that you have been watching me closely!!!! Sit back and enjoy the best of "a lost cause"....... You are sincerely noticed Mr. Dolt
Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by scholes0(m): 3:10pm On Aug 07, 2015
Teekrayne:
........ I love the fact that you have been watching me closely!!!! Sit back and enjoy the best of "a lost cause"....... You are sincerely noticed Mr. Dolt

I couldn't avoid it, you are all over the place typing the same disparaging comments.
This thread is about Igbos, so I don't see the need of you denigrating your own ethnic group with sordid comments, just to appreciate others...... I can appreciate Igbos while being also proud of my own.
Unless of course, you have anther agenda... so go on, "YoruBAHD" boiy, keep marauding round NL.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by Teekrayne(m): 3:13pm On Aug 07, 2015
scholes0:

I couldn't avoid it, you are all over the place typing the same disparaging comments.
This thread is about Igbos, so I don't see the need of you denigrating your own ethnic group with sordid comments, just to appreciate others...... I can appreciate Igbos while being also proud of my own.
Unless of course, you have anther agenda... so go on, "YoruBAHB" boiy, keep marauding round NL.
......... I agree with you sir!!!!! You are noticed once more
Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by scholes0(m): 3:15pm On Aug 07, 2015
Teekrayne:
......... I agree with you sir!!!!! You are noticed once more

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by Teekrayne(m): 3:16pm On Aug 07, 2015
scholes0:

Unless of course, you have anther agenda... so go on, "YoruBAHD" boiy, keep marauding round NL.
....... I insist, I appreciate it! Though you were foolishly foolish ab initio. But I am happy to tell you that you are back to normal and ready to go!!!! You are noticed once again
Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by Teekrayne(m): 3:20pm On Aug 07, 2015
scholes0:

...................... Why were you foolish initially You started bad and ended well oooo..... Do you type/talk before you boot, think and then digest?
Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by scholes0(m): 3:23pm On Aug 07, 2015
Teekrayne:
...................... Why were you foolish initially You started bad and ended well oooo..... Do you type/talk before you boot, think and then digest?

Don't you have a baba Safu burial ceremony to re-enact or what??
air-head.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 07, 2015
don't be silly Mr yorubahd boy have u no morals or ethics what so ever respect ur tribe its ur dignity ah ah ki lo de
Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by Emilokoiyawon: 8:10pm On Aug 07, 2015
kingsolex:
don't be silly Mr yorubahd boy have u no morals or ethics what so ever respect ur tribe its ur dignity ah ah ki lo de

grin Another useless Igbo boy pretending to be Yoruba? Or a worthless Yoruba boy who has lost ALL dignity? Which is it? grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by Teekrayne(m): 9:22pm On Aug 07, 2015
scholes0:

Don't you have a baba Safu burial ceremony to re-enact or what?? air-head.
............ Lol.... I'll take dat as a joke
Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 07, 2015
Emilokoiyawon:

grin Another useless Igbo boy pretending to be Yoruba? Or a worthless Yoruba boy who has lost ALL dignity? Which is it? grin
Noted #deal.
Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by Emilokoiyawon: 1:34am On Aug 08, 2015
kingsolex:

tell that to ur father who forgot to use condom wen twerking ur lose mother idiot

grin kingsolex you fall my hand o - I was referring Teekrayne (in support of your efforts to correct his errors), take am easy now. grin
Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by Teekrayne(m): 7:20am On Aug 08, 2015
Emilokoiyawon:

grin kingsolex you fall my hand o - I was referring Teekrayne (in support of your efforts to correct his errors), take am easy now. grin
....................... Make una no fight because of me!!!! una food don dey on top table.....
Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 08, 2015
kanaleke:
It is a known fact that wherever you go,you must definitely see an igbo man/woman......We have this spirit of unquenchable hustling and we are super intelligent too.Just take Nigeria for instance,we dominate virtually all the fields:WITHOUT IGBOS I WONDER WHAT WOULD HAVE BECOME OF NOLLYWOOD,MUSIC INDUSTRY,FOOTBALL,BUSSINESS,POLITICS....Yes!.politics,We dictate the pace and you all follow suit.I wonder why people call for our heads despite our massive input in the country.IGBO KWENU!!!!

NOLLYWOOD- NOW CRAP but remember there are two sides to nollywood . the kunle afolayan type and the aki and pawpaw type. the aki and paw paw type is the one you dominate so sharap.

MUSIC INDUSTRY- grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

FOOTBALL- YES

BUSINESS- if i give you e-slap from here. you're traders not businessmen so sharap and stop packaging it. there's difference between the two. How many companies or conglomerates do you own. you've sold this lie for so long. you don't own businesses you own 2x2 shops

POLITICS- grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by Emilokoiyawon: 3:43pm On Aug 08, 2015
Teekrayne:
....................... Make una no fight because of me!!!! una food don dey on top table.....

grin No worry na for your own good...wetin u cook sef? grin
Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by Teekrayne(m): 4:33pm On Aug 08, 2015
Emilokoiyawon:

grin No worry na for your own good...wetin u cook sef? grin
......... I cook poison...
Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by Emilokoiyawon: 4:40pm On Aug 08, 2015
Teekrayne:
......... I cook poison...

grin Eeeyah, na de same poison wey you dey chop wey dey cause dis your retardation - next time chop normal food, biko grin
Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by Teekrayne(m): 5:17pm On Aug 08, 2015
Emilokoiyawon:

grin Eeeyah, na de same poison wey you dey chop wey dey cause dis your retardation - next time chop normal food, biko grin
........ Hehehe! Yeye human beans
Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by Emilokoiyawon: 5:26pm On Aug 08, 2015
Teekrayne:
........ Hehehe! Yeye human beans

grin Nna na Human BEINGS no be BEANS - you carry illiteracy join? grin
Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by Teekrayne(m): 5:40pm On Aug 08, 2015
Emilokoiyawon:

grin Nna na Human BEINGS no be BEANS - you carry illiteracy join? grin
....... Heheheh! Yeye human rice. You should know I was only kidding with the "beans" stuff na!!! Haba, if I go fall my hand, I go fall am big time na. I no go fall my hand cheaply.
Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by Emilokoiyawon: 5:47pm On Aug 08, 2015
Teekrayne:
....... Heheheh! Yeye human rice. You should know I was only kidding with the "beans" stuff na!!! Haba, if I go fall my hand, I go fall am big time na. I no go fall my hand cheaply.

grin Na so? You sef sabi play like this? See me o I been dey think say na Maroko night school you go grin Nothing do you - na joke thingz we dey grin
Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 08, 2015
watin dey happen here leave that stingy guy come make we stroll go shoprite
Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by Emilokoiyawon: 3:33pm On Aug 09, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

NOLLYWOOD- NOW CRAP but remember there are two sides to nollywood . the kunle afolayan type and the aki and pawpaw type. the aki and paw paw type is the one you dominate so sharap.

MUSIC INDUSTRY- grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

FOOTBALL- YES

BUSINESS- if i give you e-slap from here. you're traders not businessmen so sharap and stop packaging it. there's difference between the two. How many companies or conglomerates do you own. you've sold this lie for so long. you don't own businesses you own 2x2 shops

POLITICS- grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Bros, FOOTBALL? Not so fast. Lets look at the facts.

A. Based on number of goals - who are the top Nigerian strikers?
1. Rashidi Yekini
2. Yakubu Aiyegbeni
3. Obafemi Martins
4. Ikechukwu Uche
grin So Igbo guy comes at No.4 - so tell me why shouldn't the tribes of No.1, 2, and 3 BEAT their chest? grin

By the way where is Emenike? Was he not suppose to surpass Yekini's record? He has not even reached Martins record not to talk of Yakubu's. grin Don't get me wrong. Emenike is a good player and Igbos can brag about him all the want. However, he seems not to have the prolific staying power of either Yekini, Yakubu and Martins. Yekini's goals (single handedly) took Nigeria to her FIRST World Cup - maybe his tribe should start beating their chest too grin

B. Based on stats and achievements best goalkeepers:
1. Vincent Enyeama.
2. Ike Shorunmu.
3. Peter Rufai.
grin Again, no Igbo guy here - why are the tribes of these people not beating their chest and claiming to control Nigerian football? grin
What about the worst goalkeeper of the last 2 decades - Mr. Chigozie Agbim? grin Who wants to brag about Agbim?

C. First Nigerian goal at the world cup scored by Rashidi Yekini

D. Best winger of the last 40 years is Finidi George.

E. Best aerial ball player EVER in Nigerian history - Mutiu Adepoju.

None of these 3 guys are Igbos.

F. Nigeria's last world cup Goal scorers.
1. Ahmed Musa
2. Osaze

None of these guys are Igbos.

G. Now to be fair lets look at a possible state where Igbos can beat their chest.
1. Mikel Obi is the most successful Nigerian player in European football by far. He is Igbo so Igbos can beat their chest here grin
2. He is closely followed by Nwankwo Kanu (Papillo - one of my favorite players grin).
3.Okocha (Anioma man but he has never denied being Igbo) is one player the Igbos may brag about any day any time until he denies being Igbo . grin
4. Key players at the last won nations cup
1. Emenike -Igbo
2. Sunday Mba - Igbo
3. Victor Moses - Bini
4. Enyeama - Ibibio
5. Onazi - Igalla (Benue for sure)
So 1 and 2 are Igbos so Igbo can brag here. grin

H. Sunday Oliseh is arguably one of the best midfielders of all time - but we just learnt he is NOT Igbo so the Igbos can't brag about him. grin

Now here is my point: The success of Nigerian football cannot be attributed to one tribe. Players from so many tribes have contributed to bring glory to the country. Tribal chest beaters are not needed in our football, they are toxic and are totally unhelpful. And I will continue to lamblast them wherever they poke their ugly heads grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by macof(m): 1:11am On Aug 12, 2015
kanaleke:

I don't know why some igbos stoop to this level of delusions
So you actually believe other ethnic groups have nt offered Nigeria anything important? You think other people haven't suffered in Nigeria?

You won't admit the importance of the food coming from the north, or oil coming from SS

You talk of Nollywood. .. is it not this same Nigeria that Yorubas began making theater drama and running cinemas with celluloid in the 60s before many igbos knew what a cinema or filmhouse is
Yorubas ruled African film making displaying culture and African values. The same yoruba controlled TV in Nigeria, with NTA Ibadan being the first TV station in Africa...yoruba still control TV and filmhouses in Nigeria.Tunde Kelani, Afolayan, Adenuga are just few men doing Nigerian movie industry proud...
Wasnt until 1992 that Igbos entered the business of film making with pathetic plots of brothers using juju to silently kill each other for money, or woman using juju to snatch someone's husband.
igbos are only dominant in home videos..this however is not an igbo only feet we have countless non igbos contributing

Music? Fela Should be an Igbo man. . Or Davido - africa's brightest star is from Aba
Apart from Psquare who again has international following?
The way yorubas dominate music in nigeria has made non yorubas fix in yoruba words into their lyrics as yoruba is such a sweet language for music

I believe the person above me has dealt on the football and Business part...owning kiosks and shop in ladipo(which you pay rent to yorubas) isn't being a business man

We all know the north are masters of politics in Nigeria. ..igbo don't come close
Even in the 1st and 2nd republic igbos had to camp with the northern hausa and fulani which still met difficult challenge from yorubas

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by Nobody: 3:25am On Aug 12, 2015
You know you actually nailed your self while you were in a haste to validate your viewpoint, by saying that the Igbos started the home video craze, because you just agreed to the fact that the Igbos invented Nollywood and still dominate it till this day. The Igbo home videos as you rightly said, kick started the movie industry which we know today as Nollywood, not some obscure drama on celluloid your yoruba grandfathers were making in the 1800's.
Secondly, it will be foolish of me to burden myself with listing the many Igbo musicians who are making waves around the world. That is what YouTube is there for.
Then when it comes to sports, the list of our world acclaimed sports stars are endless. Take football for example, the names Okocha and Kanu ring a bell all around the world.
Need i say more?
macof:

I don't know why some igbos stoop to this level of delusions
So you actually believe other ethnic groups have nt offered Nigeria anything important? You think other people haven't suffered in Nigeria?

You won't admit the importance of the food coming from the north, or oil coming from SS

You talk of Nollywood. .. is it not this same Nigeria that Yorubas began making theater drama and running cinemas with celluloid in the 60s before many igbos knew what a cinema or filmhouse is
Yorubas ruled African film making displaying culture and African values. The same yoruba controlled TV in Nigeria, with NTA Ibadan being the first TV station in Africa...yoruba still control TV and filmhouses in Nigeria.Tunde Kelani, Afolayan, Adenuga are just few men doing Nigerian movie industry proud...
Wasnt until 1992 that Igbos entered the business of film making with pathetic plots of brothers using juju to silently kill each other for money, or woman using juju to snatch someone's husband.
igbos are only dominant in home videos..this however is not an igbo only feet we have countless non igbos contributing

Music? Fela Should be an Igbo man. . Or Davido - africa's brightest star is from Aba
Apart from Psquare who again has international following?
The way yorubas dominate music in nigeria has made non yorubas fix in yoruba words into their lyrics as yoruba is such a sweet language for music

I believe the person above me has dealt on the football and Business part...owning kiosks and shop in ladipo(which you pay rent to yorubas) isn't being a business man

We all know the north are masters of politics in Nigeria. ..igbo don't come close
Even in the 1st and 2nd republic igbos had to camp with the northern hausa and fulani which still met difficult challenge from yorubas

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It A Yoruba Tradition For The Groom To Buy Clothes For The Bride's Family? / Common Mistakes People Make While Discussing Igbo Peole. / Traditional Marriage Rites/bride Price In Obowo, Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.