Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

Nigeria Without Igbos - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigeria Without Igbos (3650 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by macof(m): 10:15am On Aug 12, 2015
nwanlecha:
You know you actually nailed your self while you were in a haste to validate your viewpoint, by saying that the Igbos started the home video craze, because you just agreed to the fact that the Igbos invented Nollywood and still dominate it till this day. The Igbo home videos as you rightly said, kick started the movie industry which we know today as Nollywood, not some obscure drama on celluloid your yoruba grandfathers were making in the 1800's.
Secondly, it will be foolish of me to burden myself with listing the many Igbo musicians who are making waves around the world. That is what YouTube is there for.
Then when it comes to sports, the list of our world acclaimed sports stars are endless. Take football for example, the names Okocha and Kanu ring a bell all around the world.
Need i say more?

You seem to not comprehend my simple words. .. while u deluded folks want to believe only igbos make progressive efforts, I believe all other groups have made just as much efforts notably the yoruba

Imagine a Nigeria without igbo...it cannot be worse than a Nigeria without hausa, fulani, Yoruba, Edo, Ijaw, Efik

When ethnic bigotry has fried someone's Brain you find then making silly statements like "Igbos dominate every field"

As to this movie industry. ..the notion that igbos dominate filmmaking is just a big lie that has gradually become truth to the gullible
I have to state that igbos contributed well with the innovation of home videos... I am that truthful and it doesn't nail my arguement in any way
Unless you think home videos are all there is to Nollywood and not only igbos participate in home videos. . Taking note that since 2000 most movies with high budgets, publicity and quality have had no or few igbos involved (igbos seem to be stingy in filmmaking. ..hence the poor quality and repeated plot due to low budgets and rush)

FYI cinema productions with celluloid were big in the 80s, tourists couldn't but visit the cinema...some of this even aired on TV. . The only difference with what we have now is the availability of home videos. .. movie making in Nigeria began long before home videos. .. and even with home videos it would be silly to believe in all Nigeria igbos alone are involved in home videos.. not to mention yoruba language movies

Pls nobody wants musicians with little following, if not we can just list any Tom Dck and Harry from other ethnicities too

Legends of Nigerian football cannot be mentioned without Ike shorunmu, Rasheedi Yekini

Ahmed Musa, Obafemi martins, Osaze, Onazi, Ambrose, Enyeama must be igbos right?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 12, 2015
Of course i can beat my chest and say that nigeria without the Igbos will be non-existent. Why wouldn't i say that, when nigeria fought desperately for over three years to keep us with them? That act alone shows that the Igbos are indispensable to your existence as nigerians.
Secondly, i can see that you yorubas are so desperate to attach by force to the success of Nollywood which the Igbos invented. That is certainly not a problem because it's normal to want to attach to an already successful venture, especially if you do not know how to build one yourself. But my advice to you guys is that you had better start building your oduawood now, just as the hausas have established their own called kannywood. We Biafrans will be leaving nigeria soonest, and we will definitely be living with all our inventions, including Nollywood which you yorubas have so shamelessly been lusting over.

macof:

You seem to not comprehend my simple words. .. while u deluded folks want to believe only igbos make progressive efforts, I believe all other groups have made just as much efforts notably the yoruba

Imagine a Nigeria without igbo...it cannot be worse than a Nigeria without hausa, fulani, Yoruba, Edo, Ijaw, Efik

When ethnic bigotry has fried someone's Brain you find then making silly statements like "Igbos dominate every field"

As to this movie industry. ..the notion that igbos dominate filmmaking is just a big lie that has gradually become truth to the gullible
I have to state that igbos contributed well with the innovation of home videos... I am that truthful and it doesn't nail my arguement in any way
Unless you think home videos are all there is to Nollywood and not only igbos participate in home videos. . Taking note that since 2000 most movies with high budgets, publicity and quality have had no or few igbos involved (igbos seem to be stingy in filmmaking. ..hence the poor quality and repeated plot due to low budgets and rush)

FYI cinema productions with celluloid were big in the 80s, tourists couldn't but visit the cinema...some of this even aired on TV. . The only difference with what we have now is the availability of home videos. .. movie making in Nigeria began long before home videos. .. and even with home videos it would be silly to believe in all Nigeria igbos alone are involved in home videos.. not to mention yoruba language movies

Pls nobody wants musicians with little following, if not we can just list any Tom Dck and Harry from other ethnicities too

Legends of Nigerian football cannot be mentioned without Ike shorunmu, Rasheedi Yekini

Ahmed Musa, Obafemi martins, Osaze, Onazi, Ambrose, Enyeama must be igbos right?

Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 12, 2015
And i also noticed that you have this wrong notion of claiming that only the yorubas had cinema houses in the 60's, 70's, and 80's. Dude, cinema houses were all over nigeria not just your lagos. And we all know that Nollywood did not start with showing homemade movies or foreign movies as the case may be, in cinema houses which we Igbos were also doing. So please stop with that line of argument, 'cause it makes you look so naive and desperate to prove a non-existent point.

macof:

Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by macof(m): 9:02pm On Aug 12, 2015
nwanlecha:
Of course i can beat my chest and say that nigeria without the Igbos will be non-existent. Why wouldn't i say that, when nigeria fought desperately for over three years to keep us with them? That act alone shows that the Igbos are indispensable to your existence as nigerians.
Secondly, i can see that you yorubas are so desperate to attach by force to the success of Nollywood which the Igbos invented. That is certainly not a problem because it's normal to want to attach to an already successful venture, especially if you do not know how to build one yourself. But my advice to you guys is that you had better start building your oduawood now, just as the hausas have established their own called kannywood. We Biafrans will be leaving nigeria soonest, and we will definitely be living with all our inventions, including Nollywood which you yorubas have so shamelessly been lusting over.

undecided I hope you know that Ojukwu instigated the war and brought all that on his people with the way he went about things yet when push came to shove for him he ran away to Abidjan

I don't want it to seem as if I am making anti igbo statements but clearly yyou aren't so intelligent, there's a wild lie spreading trying to discredit people. ..now trying to set things straight is desperste attachment to igbos? undecided are you kidding me?

You are dumb indeed. ..I really don't mean this as an insult but an honest opinion of you
So in ur bigoted mind you think A Biafran movie industry will have nothing to do with other west africans? Even in Nigeria, Ghanaians are involved
Pls use ur head
Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by macof(m): 9:09pm On Aug 12, 2015
nwanlecha:
And i also noticed that you have this wrong notion of claiming that only the yorubas had cinema houses in the 60's, 70's, and 80's. Dude, cinema houses were all over nigeria not just your lagos. And we all know that Nollywood did not start with showing homemade movies or foreign movies as the case may be, in cinema houses which we Igbos were also doing. So please stop with that line of argument, 'cause it makes you look so naive and desperate to prove a non-existent point.

If other nigerians were involved in Cinema during the 60s through to the 80s that's good. ..more honor to Nigeria

Although I'll like to know your source to the information and the names of contributors and years active, titles of movies

Actually most cinema actions were in Ibadan...I had Ibadan in mind all along not lagos

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Without Igbos by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 12, 2015
Of course Ojukwu was the one that invaded Biafran territory and Killed over six million Biafrans including the one million children that were starved to death. Listen Mr. man, i am done with you 'cause i can't stand people that are crude enough to hurl insults at someone they hardly know, during a mild argument. Bye!

macof:

undecided I hope you know that Ojukwu instigated the war and brought all that on his people with the way he went about things yet when push came to shove for him he ran away to Abidjan

I don't want it to seem as if I am making anti igbo statements but clearly yyou aren't so intelligent, there's a wild lie spreading trying to discredit people. ..now trying to set things straight is desperste attachment to igbos? undecided are you kidding me?

You are dumb indeed. ..I really don't mean this as an insult but an honest opinion of you
So in ur bigoted mind you think A Biafran movie industry will have nothing to do with other west africans? Even in Nigeria, Ghanaians are involved
Pls use ur head

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian American Question: Are Igbo's Hated? Why? / Is It A Yoruba Tradition For The Groom To Buy Clothes For The Bride's Family? / Common Mistakes People Make While Discussing Igbo Peole.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.