Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

The Big Question: Is Jonathan The Only Former President Of Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Big Question: Is Jonathan The Only Former President Of Nigeria? (1868 Views)

Arms Deal Scandal: Where Was Jonathan? -the Sun / Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday / Insurgency War: Cameroun Indicts Jonathan-the Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Big Question: Is Jonathan The Only Former President Of Nigeria? by InglishTeechar(m): 4:44pm On Aug 07, 2015
I write this post without any party affiliation but it seems some Nigerians just lack short memory or they chose to ignore the administration of past leaders, as a Nigerian ask yourself this very honest question. Is the former president of Nigeria Goodluck Ebele Jonathan the beginning of Nigeria's problems? Is he the cause of Nigeria's problem? So why so much fuss about him alone why not other leaders, we must be very careful in our criticism so as not to invite God's anger.

Cc Barcanista, Lalasticlala, ishilove

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Big Question: Is Jonathan The Only Former President Of Nigeria? by alexlee50: 4:56pm On Aug 07, 2015
If the criticism is objective then it is okay but when it is biased and tainted with lies then it has become something else.In the case GEJ, the president has attributed every evil that has befallen nigeria from economy to those wives left them to him.is it to cover for their inability to meet the high expectations of nigerians or is Jonathan really the worse president nigeria ever had? Time will tell.
Re: The Big Question: Is Jonathan The Only Former President Of Nigeria? by socialmediaman: 4:58pm On Aug 07, 2015
OP you seem not to understand peoples' anger with Jonathan

Previous corrupt presidents are regarded as failed leaders who contributed to Nigeria's problems, and GEJ was no exception.

But in GEJ's case, even in the clarity of his failed leadership, people were hired to portray him as an excellent leader, that's very irresponsible and it's like a slap on the faces of Nigerians.

GEJ's praise singers need to understand that he did nothing more patriotic than the previous leaders who plunged this nation into problems, he added to Nigeria's numerous problems. They just have to stop praising him in order not to continue inviting the wrath of Nigerians.

Thank you

6 Likes

Re: The Big Question: Is Jonathan The Only Former President Of Nigeria? by soaktoto4garri: 5:02pm On Aug 07, 2015
he was unfortunate to come when technology, information and dispersal of fact is at an all time high. The youth of his generation became more knwoledgeable with happenings and copled with i.t which was nt present as it is in obj time down. Yaradua case was understandale and he still got the fair shair. Majority of nairalanders are youth so u see info and quest to knw what is happening around who govern them is high nw, even pmb

1 Like

Re: The Big Question: Is Jonathan The Only Former President Of Nigeria? by hakeem4(m): 5:03pm On Aug 07, 2015
Why didn't GEJ probe others?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Big Question: Is Jonathan The Only Former President Of Nigeria? by itiswell247: 5:04pm On Aug 07, 2015
alexlee50:
If the criticism is objective then it is okay but when it is biased and tainted with lies then it has become something else.In the case GEJ, the president has attributed every evil that has befallen nigeria from economy to those wives left them to him.is it to cover for their inability to meet the high expectations of nigerians or is Jonathan really the worse president nigeria ever had? Time will tell.

good comment, time will tell, I comment my reserve.
Re: The Big Question: Is Jonathan The Only Former President Of Nigeria? by socialmediaman: 5:12pm On Aug 07, 2015
soaktoto4garri:
he was unfortunate to come when technology, information and dispersal of fact is at an all time high. The youth of his generation became more knwoledgeable with happenings and copled with i.t which was nt present as it is in obj time down. Yaradua case was understandale and he still got the fair shair. Majority of nairalanders are youth so u see info and quest to knw what is happening around who govern them is high nw, even pmb

GEJ's problem is that he wants to take the glory of a successful president while being a Failed president like his predecessors, it doesn't work that way. He remains in the same list where we kept OBJ, IBB, ABacha etc. Simple!
Re: The Big Question: Is Jonathan The Only Former President Of Nigeria? by ibkgab001: 5:17pm On Aug 07, 2015
Op I think you understand the series of test and exams you might have passed through to become a PhD holder?

Jonathan is a disgrace to all academicians

He failed everyone including his mother that strived so hard to make sure he had a quality education by al means
Re: The Big Question: Is Jonathan The Only Former President Of Nigeria? by Rilwon: 5:19pm On Aug 07, 2015
YES, the only fomer disastrous president of this country.
Re: The Big Question: Is Jonathan The Only Former President Of Nigeria? by mikolo80: 5:26pm On Aug 07, 2015
InglishTeechar:
I write this post without any party affiliation but it seems some Nigerians just lack short memory or they chose to ignore the administration of past leaders, as a Nigerian ask yourself this very honest question. Is the former president of Nigeria Goodluck Ebele Jonathan the beginning of Nigeria's problems? Is he the cause of Nigeria's problem? So why so much fuss about him alone why not other leaders, we must be very careful in our criticism so as not to invite God's anger.
we criticised all of them
but
shagari only stole 10%, J stole 1000%
babangida was charismatic, J like wet soup
abacha was feared, J...... Hahahahahaha
abdulsalam gave us democracy, J .......cassava bread?
his failure was Just epic cos he the only one we voted for and expected so much from him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Big Question: Is Jonathan The Only Former President Of Nigeria? by Nokiax2(m): 5:45pm On Aug 07, 2015
socialmediaman:

Previous corrupt presidents are regarded as failed leaders who contributed to Nigeria's problems, and GEJ was no exception.

But in GEJ's case, even in the clarity of his failed leadership, people were hired to portray him as an excellent leader, that's very irresponsible and it's like a slap on the faces of Nigerians.

GEJ's praise singers need to understand that he did nothing more patriotic than the previous leaders who plunged this nation into problems, he added to Nigeria's numerous problems. They just have to stop praising him in order not to continue inviting the wrath of Nigerians.

Thank you

may God bless u 4 dis wonderful narration. Even de past leaders were terrify about the condition of dis country under gej then, that man bring total hardship 2 Nigerians, education were shut down completely because of bad governance. We buy fuel now @ de rate of 120 during d@ man time, of which it never happened in de time of past leaders, for over sixteen yrs of pdp rule things have not gone worst dey way it was during gej time. Much blood shaded and alot of things go very bad. Let i forget Buhari takeover from gej so he has de right to ask about some looted fund. Buhari did not takeover from obj or ibb, so we shld be sincere all times.
Re: The Big Question: Is Jonathan The Only Former President Of Nigeria? by DrOkoroafor(m): 6:16pm On Aug 07, 2015
socialmediaman:

Thank you
One question sire. Why is GEJ a failed president?
Re: The Big Question: Is Jonathan The Only Former President Of Nigeria? by oghenetega100(f): 7:07pm On Aug 07, 2015
Nobody stopped GEJ from probing his predecessors, but because of his tolerance for corruption he didn't see the need , he simply delved into office and it was business as usual .
Re: The Big Question: Is Jonathan The Only Former President Of Nigeria? by Moheat(m): 7:17pm On Aug 07, 2015
socialmediaman:

GEJ's problem is that he wants to take the glory of a successful president while being a Failed president like his predecessors, it doesn't work that way. He remains in the same list where we kept OBJ, IBB, ABacha etc. Simple!

GMB too.
Re: The Big Question: Is Jonathan The Only Former President Of Nigeria? by Moheat(m): 7:18pm On Aug 07, 2015
socialmediaman:

These set of leaders were refer to as the failed generation GMB inclusive.
Re: The Big Question: Is Jonathan The Only Former President Of Nigeria? by socialmediaman: 8:14pm On Aug 07, 2015
DrOkoroafor:
One question sire. Why is GEJ a failed president?

Highest level of impunity and corruption witnessed in any democratic government since 1999

High level of unemployment, corruption, delapidated infrastructure, continued rot in the health and education system despite increased budget, high poverty, embarrassingly high insecurity and insurgency rate etc etc etc

All these happening despite the biggest oil boom in Nigeria's history.

I know you'll refer me back to previous governments when all the problems started, thank You. Like those previous governments, he did very little to improve on what he met on ground. so like them, he also failed, woefully. The major glaring difference being that he left the country more insecure, more broke, more divided than the rest failed leaders
Re: The Big Question: Is Jonathan The Only Former President Of Nigeria? by orisa37: 8:25pm On Aug 07, 2015
David used God given Power to kill a Lion and to defeat Goliath. With Prayers, Gej should gather up PDP in the 6 zones and motivate them somehow to come together confidently, courageously and commitingly to formulate democratic strategies that will bring them in come 2019.
Re: The Big Question: Is Jonathan The Only Former President Of Nigeria? by DrOkoroafor(m): 8:59pm On Aug 07, 2015
socialmediaman:

Highest level of impunity and corruption witnessed in any democratic government since 1999

High level of unemployment, corruption, delapidated infrastructure, continued rot in the health and education system despite increased budget, high poverty, embarrassingly high insecurity and insurgency rate etc etc etc

I know you'll refer me back to previous governments when all the problems started, thank You. Like those previous governments, he did very little to improve on what he met on ground. so like them, he also failed, woefully. The major glaring difference being that he left the country more insecure, more broke, more divided than the rest failed leaders
Hmmm. . . I see.
Re: The Big Question: Is Jonathan The Only Former President Of Nigeria? by omogin(f): 9:24pm On Aug 07, 2015
GEJ enshrined corruption into every facet of the Nigerian nation that were free of this.
He told us that stealing was very different from corruption, I'm still trying to get his motive for this.
He gave Pple the liberty to loot the treasury. Even EFCC could not be effective under him.
I thank God he lost, I thank God Anenih is gone for good. Nigeria can now begin to breathe
Re: The Big Question: Is Jonathan The Only Former President Of Nigeria? by DMerciful(m): 9:27pm On Aug 07, 2015
So you think the Fulani man will save you.....Niger deltans are celebrating cleanup of ogoni land and amnesty payment when the oil money is gotten from your fathers land! Niger deltans....wake up from your servitude! undecided
oghenetega100:
Nobody stopped GEJ from probing his predecessors, but because of his tolerance for corruption he didn't see the need , he simply delved into office and it was business as usual .
Re: The Big Question: Is Jonathan The Only Former President Of Nigeria? by omogin(f): 9:29pm On Aug 07, 2015
socialmediaman:

Succinctly put! My exact thoughts. When the world doesn't need oil anymore the Niger deltans will stone anyone called GEJ
Re: The Big Question: Is Jonathan The Only Former President Of Nigeria? by Duru1(m): 9:33pm On Aug 07, 2015
InglishTeechar:

Most Nigerians are irreversibly bankrupted in the memory department. Nigeria is not called zoo for nothing.
Re: The Big Question: Is Jonathan The Only Former President Of Nigeria? by Ojiofor: 9:46pm On Aug 07, 2015
GEJ has been made scapegoat for all Nigeria problems simply because he was defeated by opposition party.Don't expect Apc to be nice to him.He should have known better.
Re: The Big Question: Is Jonathan The Only Former President Of Nigeria? by abagoro(m): 10:02pm On Aug 07, 2015
InglishTeechar:

I can vividly remember when Abacha family were singled out by Abdulsalami and Obasanjo between 1998 and 2001. Then the entire country focused on the Abacha regime. Jonathan refused to probe Yar'Adua for his own reasons.

1 Like

Re: The Big Question: Is Jonathan The Only Former President Of Nigeria? by denko(m): 10:20pm On Aug 07, 2015
Even those that cannot prove to me have posses primary school cert are opening their mouth Jonathan don suffer
ibkgab001:
Op I think you understand the series of test and exams you might have passed through to become a PhD holder?

Jonathan is a disgrace to all academicians

He failed everyone including his mother that strived so hard to make sure he had a quality education by al means

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Big Question: Is Jonathan The Only Former President Of Nigeria? by Omololu007(m): 10:27pm On Aug 07, 2015
Ojiofor:
GEJ has been made scapegoat for all Nigeria problems simply because he was defeated by opposition party.Don't expect Apc to be nice to him.He should have known better.
what stopped gej from prosecuting obj?
Re: The Big Question: Is Jonathan The Only Former President Of Nigeria? by Ojiofor: 11:02pm On Aug 07, 2015
Omololu007:
what stopped gej from prosecuting obj?
I don't know.Ask Ruben Abati or GEJ himself.
Re: The Big Question: Is Jonathan The Only Former President Of Nigeria? by cy4cent(f): 1:02am On Aug 08, 2015
hakeem4:
Why didn't GEJ probe others?

Thank you jare, you took the word out of my mouth !!!!

why didn't he probe those before him? to him stealing was not corruption. Now that stealing is corruption, PMB wants to probe the fresh facts before him.

some people are so supportive of nonsense ,in the name of brother, that is why we are here today

SMH.

1 Like

Re: The Big Question: Is Jonathan The Only Former President Of Nigeria? by Holluwatarhyor(m): 2:49am On Aug 08, 2015
No o,na the only former accident of nigeria tongue lobatan
Re: The Big Question: Is Jonathan The Only Former President Of Nigeria? by ibkgab001: 2:52am On Aug 08, 2015
Take heart
Re: The Big Question: Is Jonathan The Only Former President Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:50am On Aug 08, 2015
It's mostly a tribal supremacy thing. They have to condemn your Goodluck so they can praise their Buhari, even when their Buhari is yet to accomplish ANYTHING and is still in the honeymoon period according to Tinubu.

Even when Buhari has said he doesn't know anything about the recent improvement in power supply nor the repairs of the refineries, his tribal warriors insist they're all his doing just so no credit will go to the man they hate so much

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Wike Meets With Pastor Lazarus Mouka At State House,Port Harcourt(pics) / #what Would Have Been Naijas Fate Today If Jonathan Had Won? / Top Achievements Of Gov. Ayodele Fayose In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.