Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,555 members, 7,837,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Re: UNILAG RAPE CASE: Playing The Devil's Advocate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: UNILAG RAPE CASE: Playing The Devil's Advocate (1461 Views)

You Sacrificed Your Left Leg To The Devil To Become Governor - FFK Fires Rochas / Alex Ekwueme, Prof. Gana, Others Advocate True Federalism, Power Devolution.. / The Unilag Rape Case - I Think It Was Consensual - My Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG RAPE CASE: Playing The Devil's Advocate by contactwale: 1:27pm On Aug 08, 2015
I refer to the trending rape case involving a Unilag Lecturer and the 18-year old prospective student and submit as below.

( In case you have not read the story, please, click here to do that
http://www.punchng.com/news/why-i-raped-my-friends-teenage-daughter-unilag-lecturer/ )

The issue of rape, in Nigeria today, has become an everyday crime that it is high time government at all levels took drastic action against the perpetrators. Despite the fact that capital punishment is becoming outlawed throughput the world, some people are still advocating its imposition for whoever is found guilty of rape.

That is an indication of the extent the criminal act is viewed. It is wrong, morally, spiritually, legally and what have you.

Parents also have a greater role to play in educating their wards about sex education as well as on the need to earn their trust. There is no other time than now, that children have to be free to confide on their parents.

The case of the 18-year old lady in the story above is that of someone who is either naive, mischievous or got carried away by the promise of an admission by a randy university lecturer.

There are many areas in her story that did not add up and these may be as a result of the three reasons itemised above.

Let us considered some plots of the story.

1. Many opportunities had presented themselves as to the aim of this lecturer prior to their arrival at the ground zero. Or how would you describe a situation where your dad's friends was touching you, having an intimate discussions with you and even volunteering to take you to places of interest in Lagos?

This supposed to have served as a warning to the innocent girl as to the intention of the lecturer.

2. She confessed that the man kept standing and moving around the office and was practically restless. Do you need an angel to tell you that such a man has evil intention?

3. Later, he went outside and when he came back inside, he locked the door and kept the key on his table. Yet, she claimed "I did not know what was happening" Next time you see such a man, he is about to teach you how to prepare amala and ewedu with abula. #yeyenatu

4. The lecturer added "I realised that I needed to lie down a little and did not want my shirt to be rumpled. When I pulled it off, she even told me not to mind her presence that since it was my office, I could do whatever I wanted"

Haba, someone removed his cloth having padlocked the door and you still did not juba-ehoro. Infact, this lady 'na suegbe' (apologises to Baba 70)

5. “A moment later, he told me to pick up a paper for him beside the couch. As I bent down to pick up the paper, he pushed me into a corner of the couch and held me down as he forcibly removed my trousers and underwear.”

O'boy, this girl don watch Nollywood taya, I swear.

6. The lecturer claimed "The truth is that, while I was putting on a condom, she stood by and waited"

If indeed this lecturer had the luxury of putting on condom before committing the act, then I will "comment my reserve" here.

7. She claimed that she actually screamed but that the way he held her down did not allow her voice to be as audible as she had wanted it to be.

“If people were around the office, they would have heard me shout. He held me down, and pulled down my trousers and underwear."

Talk true, you no shout. Ok. OK.. you shout, but na small small. We are talking of a time of around after 8am. Why can't you turn his office upside down? You be gbewudani ni ndan? Chexooox of Ebute-Metta! Na grade A omogo be dis 18-year old nah!

8. For nine days after the incident, she was in pain. She was scared but she had no choice but to endure the pain since she couldn’t imagine telling her parents the unimaginable trauma she had been subjected to that led to the pains she was going through.

“How could I face them? How could I tell them that the man they handed me over to, to help process my admission, had raped me?”

What is the big deal in confiding on your parents? Agreed that rape victim are usually afraid of the stigma associated with it, but this should be about your parents, dear.

9. Her parents eventually got to know what their daughter had passed through....

So if they had not found out or the pains had not become unbearable, it wouldn't have been reported?

Most people engage in crimes because they think they will not be caught/reported. As long as rape victims continue to hide it because of the fear of the associated stigma, this criminal act will continue unabated.

I rest my case!

(Source: http://www.Facebook.com/wale.olayanju )

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: UNILAG RAPE CASE: Playing The Devil's Advocate by ladyF(f): 1:27pm On Aug 08, 2015
U can't be serious!!!! undecided
Re: Re: UNILAG RAPE CASE: Playing The Devil's Advocate by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 08, 2015
Re: Re: UNILAG RAPE CASE: Playing The Devil's Advocate by donholy28(m): 1:44pm On Aug 08, 2015
The girl's story get so many holes in it

2 Likes

Re: Re: UNILAG RAPE CASE: Playing The Devil's Advocate by Jorussia(m): 2:03pm On Aug 08, 2015
As far as i am concerned,the lecturer didnt rape her.the girl,is only trying to blackmail the lecturer.the girl is an adult,she willingly allowed the man have sex with her.

1 Like

Re: Re: UNILAG RAPE CASE: Playing The Devil's Advocate by koolpal(m): 2:05pm On Aug 08, 2015
LOOSE END PLENTY FOR HER TORY JARE
Re: Re: UNILAG RAPE CASE: Playing The Devil's Advocate by powerfulsettingz: 2:49pm On Aug 08, 2015
if the lady in quest is on trouser then it's not a rape, even to pull off my girl trouser who willing wanted me to go down with her cost me a lots of stress talk less of forcing to pull a lady trouser

3 Likes

Re: Re: UNILAG RAPE CASE: Playing The Devil's Advocate by themilanway(m): 3:07pm On Aug 08, 2015
What if this man worked his magic and the girl got admission.Will she have tell?
Re: Re: UNILAG RAPE CASE: Playing The Devil's Advocate by BishopMagic: 3:08pm On Aug 08, 2015
Why will the 18 year old girl claim to be raped by this useless lecturer?

All of you fools defending this useless lecturer who took undue advantage of this young girl should have your mothers, sisters and daughters raped by him and let's see whose side you will take.

Fools.

2 Likes

Re: Re: UNILAG RAPE CASE: Playing The Devil's Advocate by BishopMagic: 3:10pm On Aug 08, 2015
powerfulsettingz:
if the lady in quest is on trouser then it's not a rape, even to pull off my girl trouser who willing wanted me to go down with her cost me a lots of stress talk less of forcing to pull a lady trouser

Fool, the lecturer probably weighs twice her and is far stronger than her.

1 Like

Re: Re: UNILAG RAPE CASE: Playing The Devil's Advocate by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 08, 2015
We the jury find the defendant not guilty
Re: Re: UNILAG RAPE CASE: Playing The Devil's Advocate by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:23pm On Aug 08, 2015
As far as I'm concerned, before the law, she was not raped. Universities, especially office areas, are always quiet; did she shout when being "raped" or kept quiet because it was consensual?
Re: Re: UNILAG RAPE CASE: Playing The Devil's Advocate by san316(m): 3:39pm On Aug 08, 2015
If d man goes down for rape, i wouldnt pity him. However, i also think the girl was lying. Though the man should have fought off the konji by leaving the office.
Re: Re: UNILAG RAPE CASE: Playing The Devil's Advocate by DoTheNeedful: 4:35pm On Aug 08, 2015
There are too many holes in the girls statement. So she waited for a purported rapist to wear his condom Lets be logical. I personally feel that the lady got disappointed after doing the man only to discover that the man could not help her secure the admission. I think she may have felt used afterwards
Re: Re: UNILAG RAPE CASE: Playing The Devil's Advocate by Raiders: 5:33pm On Aug 08, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
As far as I'm concerned, before the law, she was not raped. Universities, especially office areas, are always quiet; did she shout when being "raped" or kept quiet because it was consensual?
Stop being ignorant. So because she didn't shout for help that means it wasn't rape to you. what if she was threaten by the rapist not to scream? Anyway, most rape victims don't scream when they are being raped because they are scared of their life

1 Like

Re: Re: UNILAG RAPE CASE: Playing The Devil's Advocate by Rexology: 5:55pm On Aug 08, 2015
Raiders:
Stop being ignorant. So because she didn't shout for help that means it wasn't rape to you. what if she was threaten by the rapist not to scream? Anyway, most rape victims don't scream when they are being raped because they are scared of their life
Are you talking from experience?
Re: Re: UNILAG RAPE CASE: Playing The Devil's Advocate by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:00pm On Aug 08, 2015
Raiders:
A person being raped in an office in the university can easily shout and get helped unlike a person being raped on a bush path.
Re: Re: UNILAG RAPE CASE: Playing The Devil's Advocate by chimsimdindu: 6:03pm On Aug 08, 2015
SICK !
Re: Re: UNILAG RAPE CASE: Playing The Devil's Advocate by Raiders: 6:48pm On Aug 08, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

A person being raped in an office in the university can easily shout and get helped unlike a person being raped on a bush path.
We are talking about a teen girl that just finish secondary school. The rapist is over over 40 yrs old and probably bigger than her and he probably threaten to kill her if she screamed. most rape victims are scared. According to the original news article, It was the first time the victim was meeting the rapist. why would she have sex with a man she is meeting for the first time? The lecturer is a serial rapist and needs to be locked up in jail because tommorow it might be my sister or your daughter that he will rape

2 Likes

Re: Re: UNILAG RAPE CASE: Playing The Devil's Advocate by TRUTHTOPOWER: 6:58pm On Aug 08, 2015
ladyF:
U can't be serious!!!! undecided

The lecturer deserves double punishment as a strict liability for what he did to his charge - the girl. having said that, the girl's story shows some shocking naivety. the man had shown he was a devil an hour before the deed. but the girl thought she had a long spoon. lesson: flee all appearances of evil!
Re: Re: UNILAG RAPE CASE: Playing The Devil's Advocate by hinwazaka: 7:02pm On Aug 08, 2015
Raiders:
We are talking about a teen girl that just finish secondary school. The rapist is over over 40 yrs old and probably bigger than her and he probably threaten to kill her if she screamed. most rape victims are scared. According to the original news article, It was the first time the victim was meeting the rapist. why would she have sex with a man she is meeting for the first time? The lecturer is a serial rapist and needs to be locked up in jail because tommorow it might be my sister or your daughter that he will rape
The OP, like most percentage of the male population believe all women want it and are just afraid to ask. He actually believes he is just being funny, but the real truth is that subconsciously he is pleased she got what she deserved. Its pointless to argue with him on it. That's the way he is wired
Re: Re: UNILAG RAPE CASE: Playing The Devil's Advocate by mrsmith11(m): 7:05pm On Aug 08, 2015
Raiders:

Go and read her statement

She was not threatened, her clothes were not reaped off, she was not hit and she claim she screamed and wasn't loud enough

The man is bigger than her.........do you know the size of the man who dis-flower her?

She is experience and cannot claim ignorance that she doesn't know the man intention right from the car

Why did she follow the man back to the office after the other female lecturer told her her admission is impossible

When the man was going out ,coming in and been restless then y didn't she ask the man she was leaving since she done ?

Abeg a lot of questions for her
Re: Re: UNILAG RAPE CASE: Playing The Devil's Advocate by Rexology: 7:06pm On Aug 08, 2015
Both the" Raped" and the 'Rapist' obviously lied at equall proportion, however, the man has no justification whatsover to have had canal knowledge of that girl.
Re: Re: UNILAG RAPE CASE: Playing The Devil's Advocate by mrsmith11(m): 7:10pm On Aug 08, 2015
Rexology:
Both the" Raped" and the 'Rapist' obviously lied at equall proportion, however, the man has no justification whatsover to have had canal knowledge of that girl.

In as much I condemn the man action for betraying the trust of the girls parents
The girl in question is not a virgin and she is an adult (18)
Re: Re: UNILAG RAPE CASE: Playing The Devil's Advocate by Rexology: 7:19pm On Aug 08, 2015
mrsmith11:

In as much I condemn the man action for betraying the trust of the girls parents
The girl in question is not a virgin and she is an adult (18)
You are right she is not a virgin, however, the circumstances surrounding the action and the place the action took place called for a concern, even if the girl is a commercial sex worker.
Re: Re: UNILAG RAPE CASE: Playing The Devil's Advocate by Raiders: 8:31pm On Aug 08, 2015
mrsmith11:

Go and read her statement

She was not threatened, her clothes were not reaped off, she was not hit and she claim she screamed and wasn't loud enough

The man is bigger than her.........do you know the size of the man who dis-flower her?

She is experience and cannot claim ignorance that she doesn't know the man intention right from the car

Why did she follow the man back to the office after the other female lecturer told her her admission is impossible

When the man was going out ,coming in and been restless then y didn't she ask the man she was leaving since she done ?

Abeg a lot of questions for her
There is no lots of questions for her to answer. The man is a rapist and belongs to jail. it doesn't matter if the young lady scream or not as long as she said NO and the lecturer force himself on her. Why are you defending the rapist when even admitted of having sex and raping the victim?
Re: Re: UNILAG RAPE CASE: Playing The Devil's Advocate by mrsmith11(m): 8:56pm On Aug 08, 2015
Raiders:
There is no lots of questions for her to answer. The man is a rapist and belongs to jail. it doesn't matter if the young lady scream or not as long as she said NO and the lecturer force himself on her. Why are you defending the rapist when even admitted of having sex and raping the victim?

The man never agreed he raped her but consensual sex

You are just been sentimental ......read the girl story again

Every human has a defensive potential when face with danger

The man was flirting with her in the car,restless in his office and she didn't plan a defence even when she perceive danger

Or are you telling me this is the first time a man is making sexual advances towards her when she is not a virgin

Facts prove case and not sentiments
Re: Re: UNILAG RAPE CASE: Playing The Devil's Advocate by ifeegee(f): 9:06pm On Aug 08, 2015
I just pray this poor girl is not on this forum. Reading all these follow up threads could push the victim to the edge.
Re: Re: UNILAG RAPE CASE: Playing The Devil's Advocate by Raiders: 9:11pm On Aug 08, 2015
mrsmith11:

The man never agreed he raped her but consensual sex

You are just been sentimental ......read the girl story again

Every human has a defensive potential when face with danger

The man was flirting with her in the car,restless in his office and she didn't plan a defence even when she perceive danger

Or are you telling me this is the first time a man is making sexual advances towards her when she is not a virgin

Facts prove case and not sentiments
Bro, I'm being logical here. According to the young lady, She told him NO and to stop. it doesnt matter if she flirt with him or not. It doesn't matter if she scream or not. Once a lady says NO, the man should have stopped. Besides, why would an 18 yrs old teen have consensual sex with a 40s yrs old man she is meeting for the first time.

Anyway, That man is a serial rapist and there are other women now accusing him of rape. I don't believe this is the first time he has rape a lady and I am glad he has been caught.
Re: Re: UNILAG RAPE CASE: Playing The Devil's Advocate by bumblebees: 9:13pm On Aug 08, 2015
@ OP, did u read were she said she felt drowsy after drinking his coffee? he drugged her and raped her! castration without anaesthesia, thats what i prescribe for all rapist!! angry

(1) (Reply)

Stop Calling Tinubu A Corrupt Man(To the wailing wailers) / We Can’t Establish N1tr Theft By Lamorde, Says Reps Panel / Atlast Nigeria Is Finally Enter Into The Change Era.....you Are Welcome!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.