Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,297 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano (41877 Views)

Man Teaches His Daughter How To Drive In Kano As They Crash Into A Pole / Jeep Hangs On An Electric Pole In Kano After Horrible Accident. Photos / Ahmet Ali-Çelikten, The First Black Pilot In History Was From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano by adaxxy: 2:53pm On Aug 08, 2015
azimibraun:
Somebody must be first... I don't see any big deal about being first. It's a given. Anything that we do as humans must always have somebody that did it first. Every naija governor will build something and say it's the first of its kind in west Africa. It just kills my interest in whatever is being sold to me.
dont mind the idio..ts she's not even the first nor neither the second nor the third.
Mcheew.
Re: Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano by ovo4u(m): 2:53pm On Aug 08, 2015
I will never fly with that flight no offence
Re: Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano by Teeboy22(m): 2:54pm On Aug 08, 2015
RickRichards:
My signature.
There is no Gain there...

U know
Re: Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano by Teeboy22(m): 2:55pm On Aug 08, 2015
shalomm:

OP, why did you change the heading na? i guess its conscience abi? rubbish

go sleep abeg...or go kill ur sef
Re: Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano by shalomm: 2:56pm On Aug 08, 2015
Teeboy22:

go sleep abeg...or go kill ur sef

the truth is bitter Mr. Muslim

1 Like

Re: Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano by noblegrex: 2:57pm On Aug 08, 2015
How will she cope if she's married + I bet u I'll pray additional prayer with her onboard
Re: Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano by Ayameze2015(m): 2:59pm On Aug 08, 2015
shalomm:

OP, why did you change the heading na? i guess its conscience abi? rubbish
stop blaming 0p, you and i know that its un-usual in the north. So seeing it probably was like a suprise to 0p which was why he tagged her religion on the heading.
Re: Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano by shalomm: 3:03pm On Aug 08, 2015
Ayameze2015:
stop blaming 0p, you and i know that its un-usual in the north. So seeing it probably was like a suprise to 0p which was why he tagged her religion on the heading.

un-usual in the north? really?

so there are no northern female pilot right?
Re: Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 08, 2015
shalomm:
first Muslim female pilot

and she is not a Nigerian right? cause she is the " first female muslim pilot"
u r on point
Re: Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano by egopersonified(f): 3:06pm On Aug 08, 2015
I am really beginning to consider looking for a female driver
Re: Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 08, 2015
Boko Haram has probably gotten a pilot. Next is for them to attack an airforce base and steal a fighter jet. undecided
Re: Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano by adaxxy: 3:06pm On Aug 08, 2015
[quote author=laudate post=36741029]This issue has been discussed extensively on another thread. It is old news. There have been several female pilots in the past. There are now 127 female pilots in Nigeria, according to informed sources.

Aero Contractors has one of the largest female crew in West Africa. undecided undecided http://www.jetlifenigeria.com/2013/07/aeros-fly-girls/

Read the story here: https://www.nairaland.com/a2158816/fatima-abba-gwadabe-first-muslim[/aquote]@laudate God bless you for the pictures, first female was mrs agbelusi she was with aero but now with carverton helicopters,so the first picture is Tolu ita,then the twins hassana and husenaa,then faith odushola and her youger sister too is mercy odushola is a captain on dash 8 not in the picture,then my sexy imoleayo is now a captain on dash 8 aswell and you need to see her ..ohh Lord of mercy ,humbleness is her first name and her smile is contagious. Hmmmm.
we also have another Tolu but in Arik now ,florence,joan abasi, indidi ,Yop wals,olufunmi sanni but now in carverton helicopters trust me they are all aero Contractors of Nigeria female breeds.

1 Like

Re: Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 08, 2015
Na waaah for the person wey hammer this Tory woooo! shocked shocked shocked

SHE WAS NOT TRAINED IN SOUTH AFRICA.

SHE WAS TRAINED IN JORDAN ( MEA)

SHE WAS AMONGST THE 100 PILOT THE FORMER GOV. NOW
SENATOR RABIU KOWNKOWSO SPONSORED ............................. ( State Sponsored)

Abeg get your facts Right
Re: Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano by Easy1401(m): 3:07pm On Aug 08, 2015
Congrats ooo wishing the best in your choosing career, But will u Marry me?I can see that U pretty... LoLz
Re: Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano by mightycrown1(m): 3:08pm On Aug 08, 2015
THE NORTH GRADUALLY PROVING THE HATERS WRONG
MORE OF THAT FROM THAT REGION ABEG
Re: Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano by shalomm: 3:09pm On Aug 08, 2015
General3620:
u r on point

Abi? some people no see am like that oooo. The op has changed the heading...guilty conscience i guess
Re: Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano by AnanseK(m): 3:09pm On Aug 08, 2015
May be the first in Kano but there are a number of Nigerian female Pilots who are Muslims already and a signicant proportion of them are from the North. So what's the post about?

1 Like

Re: Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano by laudate: 3:12pm On Aug 08, 2015
adaxxy:
@laudate God bless you for the pictures, first female was mrs agbelusi she was with aero but now with carverton helicopters,so the first picture is Tolu ita,then the twins hassana and husenaa,then faith odushola and her youger sister too is mercy odushola not in the picture we also have another Tolu but in Arik now ,florence,joan abasi, indidi ,Yop wals,olufunmi sanni but now in carverton helicopters trust me they are all aero Contractors of Nigeria female breeds.

Thanks. I had even written about them a few months back on another thread. Please see the link here: https://www.nairaland.com/2158816/fatima-abba-gwadabe-first-muslim/2#30987755

Captain Tolulope Ita, is a 37 years old lady from Ogun State married to an Akwa Ibom State man. They have a family of seven. She schooled in Lagos & attended Igbobi Girls High School and later proceeded to the University of Ilorin, where she got a degree in Computer Science after which she proceeded to the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology (NCAT) Zaria for flying courses and graduated as a pilot and started working with Aero Contractors.

While in Aero, she did her Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL) in the United States; that is a prequalification before becoming a captain and it costs a lot of money; between $5,000 and $10,000. And also did some training in auditing as well as a course in Flight Operations Management and she is presently the Fleet Manager of the Dash-8 aircraft in Aero Contractors.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/05/mysteries-surrounding-flying-made-become-pilot/

Captain Faith Odushola-Boegheim (the first and youngest female to become a captain on Aero’s Boeing 737 jet), started flying in 2000 after studying in South Africa for three years and began her career with Aero Contractors in 2002.

She is married to a pilot with a little girl.

Senior First Officers Hassana and Huseina Edili-Ogaji, have a combined total flying experience of seven years, nearly five of them with Aero Contractors.
http://www.jetlifenigeria.com/2013/07/aeros-fly-girls/

Imoleayo Adebule age 23 years, is one of Nigeria’s youngest female pilots. Intelligent, daring, and confident are three words that best describe the tenacity with which she passed through one of the most complex schools in the world – Flying School, to obtain her license as a Commercial Pilot.

Imoleayo has excelled in a profession that is not only averse to people of her gender, but quite difficult even to people of the opposite sex. Having graduated at the top of her class at the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology, Kaduna, she now works with Aero Contractors where she is making giant strides
. http://www.bellanaija.com/2012/01/05/a-young-woman-soaring-with-wings-meet-nigerian-commercial-pilot-imoleayo-adebule-flying-the-skies-at-23/

Blessing Liman was commissioned as a Combat Flying Officer alongside 126 others who finished the Direct Short Service Course 2010/2011 Cadets of the 325 Ground Training Group at the Nigerian Air Force Base, Kaduna. Present at the winging ceremony (badge decoration) was the then Chief of Air Staff, Air Vice Marshal Mohammad Dikko Umar who described her training as a 'very laudable achievement'.

Before her winging on Friday, 27th of April, 2012, she and other pilot officers (she was the only female) went for 12 months intensive flight training in various nations of the world -United States, Greece, Belarus, United Kingdom, Pakistan and Egypt. The Federal Government spent billions of naira on the training as $650,000 was spent on each trainee. The team came up with 14, well-trained fighter jet pilots. She enlisted into the Nigerian Air Force in July 2011 and was commissioned on the 9th of December, 2011. After her commissioning, she was nominated for the 2012 THISDAY Award for Excellence.

http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/21780/33/blessing-liman-nigerias-first-female-military-pilo.html

Captain Bolaji Agbelusi undoubtedly is a woman of history. She is the 8th woman pilot produced in Nigeria, the 5th female captain in Nigeria aviation industry and the first female pilot in Africa to fly an all female crew. She started nursing the ambition of flying at age seven. Married to an Anglican priest for over a decade, she still keeps her home while actively flying.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200904280616.html

Captain Chinyere Kalu former MD of NCAT began her career in 1978; she obtained her private pilot license from the nation’s premier aviation college. She had, before this, attended the prestigious Leadership and Citizen Course (SS88) Sea School, Lagos in 1973. burning with passion for excellence and self-development, Kalu, who is a member of the African Women Leaders Think Tank Group, has over the years, undergone so many leadership training programmes at home and abroad. She is also a Member of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (MFR) 2006; Member, Nigerian Women Achievers HALL OF FAME; African International Achievers’ Merit Award 2007; Rare Gems Professional Achievements Award 2007; Member, Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Women of Democratic Administration of Ghana 2012. http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/captain-chinyere-o-kalu-nigerias-first-female-pilot/

She was also trained as a Private and Commercial Pilot, SP.12 Batch, NCAT, Zaria in 1978. She later qualified for her Air Transport Pilot License (ATPL) Course with Bolivia Aviation, Memphis, and Tennessee in USA. She was also trained in Aircraft Accident Investigation and Prevention Course, at Federal Aviation Administration, Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA. She was also trained as Flight Instructor’s Rating, Civil Aviation Authority, Oxford, United Kingdom. And then she was also at Commercial Pilot License (CPL/IR), NCAT, Zaria.

- See more at: http://www.mynewswatchtimesng.com/day-became-pilot-onyenucheya-kalu/

Women from different parts of Nigeria have performed well in aviation.
Re: Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 08, 2015
shalomm:

Abi? some people no see am like that oooo. The op has changed the heading...guilty conscience i guess
lol,na im na

1 Like

Re: Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano by angelberton(f): 3:14pm On Aug 08, 2015
Age of equal rights
Re: Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano by discusant: 3:30pm On Aug 08, 2015
What is news about this?

Well, until she removes the hijab, it is unbelievable that she is a truly liberated woman who can also do what a man can do.

Wives of Mubarak of Egypt, Hussein of Jordan, and other liberated big time Muslims do not wear hijab.
Re: Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano by Jose35(m): 3:33pm On Aug 08, 2015
quite a beautiful woman. I would board her flight any day.
Re: Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 08, 2015
ok... congrats to her.
Re: Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano by Spybradd: 4:16pm On Aug 08, 2015
sammyyoung2:
Must religion be tagged on her

yes o,so we know who is who and which plane to board...abi you wan enter plane wey somebody go blow ya means to shreds and pieces and rain them over town
??!?!!
grin
Re: Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano by LastProphet: 4:35pm On Aug 08, 2015
The real muslims might try to recruit her now and get her to down her jet with all onboard one day in the future, quote me!

1 Like

Re: Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano by frankobobby(m): 4:48pm On Aug 08, 2015
wait wait no be INI EDO be dat
Re: Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano by OGAMINANA: 4:49pm On Aug 08, 2015
Allahu Akbar
Re: Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano by Ninilowo(m): 4:53pm On Aug 08, 2015
sammyyoung2:
I wonder oooooo
Re: Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 08, 2015
sammyyoung2:
yes brother! Because every small thing being done secularly is haram to them. They seem backward in their view about life, hence surprising when you see one of them doing something they'd ordinarily tag 'haram'. Left to some, they'll still prefer she remains in puddah. I'm amazed actually?

1 Like

Re: Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano by limamintruth: 5:41pm On Aug 08, 2015
Teeboy22:
Meet The First Muslim Female Pilot In Kano

In order to reach her goal and become a top-ranked pilot, a Muslim woman has completed piloting Programs at Mid East Aviation Academy Jordan. She was among 100 of students who were sponsored by Kano Kwankwasiyya Government to study piloting at the Academy.

But it would be noted that Fatima hasn’t become a female pioneer in this difficult and challenging profession.

Two months ago all media reports exploded with the news about Nigeria’s first female helicopter captain, Abimbola Jayeola (Captain AB), emerged and made history that day.

Moreover, a female pilot has recently appeared in Katsina state. Ruqayya Suleiman was in the group of 15 other pilots trained in South Africa under a full Petroleum Trust Development Fund scholarship as international-certified commercial pilots.

The young woman not only got a unique profession, but managed to break the cultural barrier by acquiring a higher education which is quite unusual for girls from her area.

www.naij.com/387425-meet-the-first-muslim-female-pilot-in-kano.html

Congrats Fatima.
But why mention her religion if I may ask? undecided
Re: Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano by farukuwadata00: 6:00pm On Aug 08, 2015
good news

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mikel Obi & Babymama Olga Loved Up In New Photo With Their Twin Babies / Beautiful Christmas Decoration In New York / Daylight Corruption In Immigration Office, Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.