Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Help! Honda Pilot AC Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! Honda Pilot AC Issues (2363 Views)

The All New 2019 Honda Pilot Is Finally Here (photos) / Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? / HELP HONDA CIVIC Break And Quench Or Engine Drop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Honda Pilot AC Issues by FlyboyZee: 5:37pm On Aug 08, 2015
I bought a 2009 Honda Pilot Touring January this year and it developed AC issues in February. I took it to a technician in Port Harcourt who discovered that the AC's coil was burnt, so we replaced the coil, refilled the refrigerant and the AC started working properly again.

Sometime in May, the AC stopped cooling again, so I took it to another technician in Yenagoa, who insisted that I change the AC hoses to stop d leakage he detected. That we did and refilled up with refrigerant again and it started cooling again.

A week later, the AC stopped cooling again, so I took it to the technician in Bayelsa who worked on it last and he said non-challantly that I should change the compressor. At that point I flared up on him and drove off to another technician who check and brought out the burnt-out coil, which he then replaced. We refilled with refrigerant and it was okay again.

Last week, the AC stopped working again. Today, I took it to the last technician that worked on it and he proved to me that the AC stopped cooling as a result of a leakage in the compressor and that the only solution is for me to change the compressor. I left him and went to another technician who also checked it and proved to me that the truck has a leaking compressor which I have to change if I want AC in the car.

At this point, I made enquiries and was told that the compressor is sold for N40,000.00 and that if I feel like that's expensive, I should buy that of an Acura MDX which goes for N25,000.00. That it would fit in and work properly.

Please, I'm sorry for the long post, but I have to narrate my ordeal, so that you can understand where I am coming from and how far I have gone. I know many people would suggest I scan the car. I have a scanner, but it ain't detecting nothing. Moreover, the truck is self-diagnosing and has not shown anything on the in-car screen where it shows and tell you of the faults the truck has.

Now, my questions are:
1. Is it really a leaking compressor that's causing the problem?
2. Is the AC compressor of a 2009 Honda Pilot Touring really as expensive as N40,000.00?
3. Should I buy the AC compressor of the Acura MDX and allow them to fit it into a Pilot?
4. How do I know a bad compressor from a good one, when am buying a replacement for the old one?

Please, I need advice so as to know what line of action to take on Monday.

Thanks all and God bless you in advance. Lol...
Re: Help! Honda Pilot AC Issues by fckmn24seg(m): 6:28pm On Aug 08, 2015
When the condenser is getting blocked,it affects the compressor, don't allow them use blue gum on the rubber o rings. Let them replace any weak rubber,
Insist on its own compressor don't use alternatives

40k is just too much for a tokunboh compressor, it's in the range of 15k to 20k

another issue how is to get good technical personnel to handle the repairs over there
Re: Help! Honda Pilot AC Issues by FlyboyZee: 8:19am On Aug 09, 2015
fckmn24seg:
When the condenser is getting blocked,it affects the compressor, don't allow them use blue gum on the rubber o rings. Let them replace any weak rubber,

another issue how is to get good technical personnel to handle the repairs over there
Thanks bro...

Guys! Please, keep it coming...
Re: Help! Honda Pilot AC Issues by FlyboyZee: 5:48pm On Aug 09, 2015
Any more suggestions, please?
Re: Help! Honda Pilot AC Issues by youngchopper(m): 9:25pm On Aug 09, 2015
FlyboyZee:
Any more suggestions, please?
if u are in ph go to stadium road and repair your compressor for as low as 5k
Re: Help! Honda Pilot AC Issues by mrcoolautofix(m): 2:28pm On Nov 02, 2017
fckmn24seg:

nah bro in Abuja is around 30 to 32k

(1) (Reply)

12 Coolest Cars You’ll Never Drive. / SUZUKI Alto 2012 All Key Lost,what Programmer? / FIRST Time Car User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.