Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,047 members, 7,852,567 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:26 PM

DIVERSION 2020 - The 1 Point No Agenda - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DIVERSION 2020 - The 1 Point No Agenda (737 Views)

EFCC Shuts Obat Oil’s Tank Farm OverN1.2b Subsidy Cash Diversion / Allegations Of “Illegal Diversion” Of Abacha's Loot Baseless – Okonjo-Iweala / Alleged N1trn Diversion: Senate Committee Walks Out EFCC Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DIVERSION 2020 - The 1 Point No Agenda by vigasimple(m): 9:35pm On Mar 21, 2009
Rebranding, repackaging, recolouring, new slogan, new anthem, new song without
re-orientation and repogramming the brains of our  visionless 'servant leader' with 7 -100 NO POINTS AGENDA.

' IF YOU PUT LIPSTICK ON A PIG, IT'S STILL A PIG'

Until our leaders stop their corrupt 'show offs' and disrepect for rule of honest engagement and become sensitive to the needs of the people they serve, we can repaint all the landscape of Nigerians with yellow or rainbow it won't make it any better.

My fellow Nigerians what do you think is the best way to give Nigeria a better name and good image other than 'money laundering' rebranding and repackaging, which in my opinion is a diversion from VISIONLESS 2020 AND 7 NO POINT AGENDA.

THE  AGENDA IS 2011 ELECTION 2ND TERM FOR YAR A'FAILURE. JUST A DIVERSION

President Yar A'dull has no clue on how to lead Nigeria, and with great sympathy for his health, he is not fit physically and maybe mentally to lead Nigeria at this point in Nigeria history.

NO MATTER THE TALK TALK, THE WALK WALK OF OUR LEADERS ARE THE BEST BRANDING FOR NIGERIA.  A father that smoke weed cannot stop his children from smoking cigarette. Bad leadership breeds bad followership. it is that simple as ABC.

Guys and gals up to you for your thoughts and contributions.
Re: DIVERSION 2020 - The 1 Point No Agenda by vigasimple(m): 12:51am On Mar 23, 2009
I noted people on this site has not see the challenges, raise it and profer solutions before all the rebranding, repackaking excercise.

The concept or idea is laudable but the Head of the school is not a credible man, and any reasonable and sensible man will know that it is a gimmick.

Let us put it into context, if  FASHOLA  was talking of rebranding, repackaging in Lagos State will people not take him serious? of course people will take him serious because he's doing things to alleviate the suffering of the ordinary people.

Now. let  us compare that with Yar A'dull's record. He is no different from OBJ.  He 'campaigned'  on VISION 2020 and 7 POINT AGENDA.

Most dishonestly he said that ' I will declare emergency on power within 100 days of assunming office'. It is about 700 days, he has not declare any emergency. It is either he does not know the meaning of emergency or being economical with the truth.( what a white man will call bold face lying)

Next is the Vision 2020 and 7 point agenda. It has now become a popular comedian joke to say, if only Mr. President should just do a 1 POINT AGENDA. and once comedians start to makes anything a joke , it becomes a joke. PDP is  PAPA DECEIVEING PIKIN. PDP  MEANS NO POWER.  It is now 10 years since PDP have been in office they have not being able to fix electricity. IF THEY ARE THERE FOR 100 YEARS THEY WILL NOT FIX IT. MARK MY WORD.

Our challenges are to some extent structural and you need to be young, bold, and have no godfather to take on the establishment. Think about it for a minute we don't have any credible opposition party to give PDP a fight to think that they can lose an election if they don't deliver.

Our present political parties are based on personality. Even ATIKU is rumoured to want to go back to  PDP only because his interest is solely to become President not because he has a credible agenda either.

NOW, solutions -

1. we need a good debate as what kind of leaders we want to lead this country, do we want a leader without any track record of achievement or the ones that can articulate his plans, his own personal vision  and very crucially  TIMELINE AND HOW HE/SHE IS GOING TO PAY FOR HIS PROGRAMME.

2. We, the followers should encourage each others to refuse N500 note during election and asked about policies and how they are going to carry it out.

I can go on and write a book on the solutions, but until we cry aloud together sufficiently, it will be thief come thief go looting continues.

I dare say that over 90% + of those leading us are outright crook and we all knows it and we care less and even celebrate a man who has not work in his lifetime that becomes a billionaire once he is elected office.

Are we part of the FOOLISH Plc- buying into illusion as opposed to a vision? we should search our heart.

I like to hear from everyone on how to build a better Nigeria, and rebranding and repackaging will follow. You do not put a cart before the horse. Build electricity, good road, stop stealing govt monies, stop promising a lie during election campaign. Thats how you rebrand with the TRUTH.

LET US HEAR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS ON BUILDING A BETTER NIGERIA AND STOP WASTING OUR TIME AND MONEY ON 'BRANDING'.
Re: DIVERSION 2020 - The 1 Point No Agenda by Nobody: 4:00am On Mar 23, 2009
Has the National Anthem been changed too? Pls post d link on d new one.

If u put a lipstick on a pig it is still a pig
now dats funny! grin
Re: DIVERSION 2020 - The 1 Point No Agenda by vigasimple(m): 3:43pm On Mar 27, 2009
PDP saying their man Yar a'dull will contest 2011 elections when they know fully well that his only legacy will be Rebranding, repackaging, and 7 NO POINT AGENDA.

can anyone tell me what his rule of law achieved in the last 2 years. EFCC is now doing plea bargaining for corrupt politicians not to go to jail, example Lucky Igbinedion of EDO state.

'YOU CAN PUT LIPSTICK ON A PIG, IT'S STILL A PIG'

until we rebrand and repackage the heads and minds of those leading us, it is will just be another money 'laundary' excercise. 'money for the boys'

NIGERIANS should say NO to rebranding, YES to our leaders telling the truth and fixing basic infrastructures.

when our leaders keep their promises to the electorate and to Nigerians we would have succeded in REBRANDING AND REPACKAGING OUR NATIONS. until then pay no attention.

If our leaders continue to do corruption as if there is no tommorow, i can assure you comedians business will increase in turnover.

Have your say about this waste of money excercise.
Re: DIVERSION 2020 - The 1 Point No Agenda by comfort3: 4:56pm On Mar 27, 2009
Re: DIVERSION 2020 - The 1 Point No Agenda by jamace(m): 7:43pm On Mar 27, 2009
Ah ah. Aunty Comfort, what is wrong with you today? Your responses to threads by my observation dare mere commas like above. I hope nothing de paa?
Re: DIVERSION 2020 - The 1 Point No Agenda by blacksta(m): 7:58pm On Mar 27, 2009
jamace:

Ah ah. Aunty Comfort, what is wrong with you today? Your responses to threads by my observation dare mere commas like above. I hope nothing de paa?

as they say " she is short of words"
Re: DIVERSION 2020 - The 1 Point No Agenda by FrankC3: 10:26pm On Mar 27, 2009
It is so unfortunate that i am( i don't know where you are) in a country like this.

I look at it this way, Mr 'Serpent Leader' saw an action oriented, disciplined woman who remains a symbol to what African women can achieve if given the chance and guess what he did, he asked her to be the mouth piece of an incompetent government. Hey guys, it runs in her blood- getting something done. With the kind of portfolio she has and her person, she want to make an impact and she thought about re-branding Nigeria, if not for anything, to get Nigeria talking about her image. I think that Mrs Dora is too smart to think that she can rebrand Nigeria. I just think that she want to get us to look inwards and talk about ourselves, maybe it will help.

This Umoru guy is incompetent, period. Forget his health, we know that Roosevelt was physically challenged, yet he led US through recession.

On the way forward, i think in the words of Obama, change technically cannot come from Abuja, change can only go to Abuja. Unfortunately, there is presently no grass root structure on ground for any 'outsider' to bring that change to the way Abuja works. I am still hoping, but i have no illusions.

(1) (Reply)

Danger Looms In Nigeria’s Financial Sector - Soludo / Ijaw Women Appeals To Turai Yaradua Over Jtf Action In Delta State / Presidential Debate In Iran? Why Not In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.