Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,984 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

10 Most Expensive Cities To Live In In The World In 2015 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Most Expensive Cities To Live In In The World In 2015 (2407 Views)

Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 / Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In / 10 Most Expensive Cities In Africa 2015 [photos] (2) (3) (4)

10 Most Expensive Cities To Live In In The World In 2015 by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 11:36am On Aug 09, 2015
The cost of living is an important factor when seeking for a place to live. Here in Nigeria, we believe things are very expensive but there are many cities where the cost of living is much higher. The cost of a purchasing food items, accommodation etc determines the cost of living of an area. According to Mercer Quality of Living report (click here to view the report), Vienna in Austria tops the list of the most expensive cities in the world to live in in 2015. Note that the exchange rate used here is the rate as at 9 August, @015. See below the list of top 10 countries to live in:

Vienna, Austria:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-JW6so-wh-LI/VccJqVxup0I/AAAAAAAAA20/qXdmnTP4Lfw/s320/vienna-buildings-2-1489055.jpg[/img]
Vienna has been listed as the most expensive city in the world in 2015. An inexpensive meal in a restaurant in this city costs an average of 9€, a litre of milk costs an average of 1.08€, an apple costs 2.27€ and a packet of Marlboro cigarettes cost an average of 4.90€, basic amenities such as electricity, water, heating and garbage collection costs an average of 148.88€. More details on the cost of goods and services in this city can be found here.

Zurich, Switzerland
[img]http://3.bp..com/-JnPKb5VgBKw/VccN-ySEnhI/AAAAAAAAA3A/AyyrUqXDO5E/s320/zurich-1501617.jpg[/img]
Zurich was listed as the second most expensive city in the world to live in. Zürich is an important commercial and manufacturing center and is the financial capital of Switzerland. An inexpensive meal in a restaurant in this city costs an average of 23.18€ (#1568.66), a litre of milk costs an average of 1.40€ (#235.85) and basic amenities such as electricity, water, heating and garbage collection costs an average of 174.20€ (#32514). More details on the cost of goods and services in this city can be found here.

Auckland, New Zealand
[img]http://4.bp..com/-N0kQaE5YbS4/VccQrbX-njI/AAAAAAAAA3M/eJML5ylJsTU/s320/auckland-new-zealand-5-1550745.jpg[/img]
Auckland, city in northern New Zealand, situated on an isthmus joining northwestern North Island and the North Auckland Peninsula. It borders on Manukau Harbour (an arm of the Tasman Sea) and Waitemata Harbour (an arm of the Pacific Ocean). An inexpensive meal in a restaurant in this city costs an average of 9.66€ (#1568.66), a litre of milk costs an average of 1.52€ (#235.85) and basic amenities such as electricity, water, heating and garbage collection costs an average of 119.94€ (#32514). More details on the cost of goods and services in this city can be found here.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-f5HAnRx3sw0/VccWbn2zY5I/AAAAAAAAA3k/DqiJeUtLWtU/s320/oktoberfest-munich-1565106.jpg[/img]
Munich, Germany
city in south central Germany, the capital of Bavaria, on the Isar River. It is an important industrial, cultural, and transportation center, and attracts many tourists with its elegant shops, fashionable nightclubs, great breweries, and lively festivals such as the Oktoberfest festival shown in the picture above. An inexpensive meal in a restaurant in this city costs an average of 10.00€ (#1568.66), a litre of milk costs an average of 0.77€ (#235.85) and basic amenities such as electricity, water, heating and garbage collection costs an average of 260.89€ (#32514). More details on the cost of goods and services in this city can be found here.

Vancouver, Canada
[img]http://2.bp..com/-U9VYDGLm2VI/VccU6KXj12I/AAAAAAAAA3Y/HW2qxGP7x1g/s320/vancouver-1447420.jpg[/img]
Vancouver is a province in western Canada, bounded on the north by Yukon Territory and the Northwest Territories; on the east by Alberta; on the south by the states of Montana, Idaho, and Washington; and on the west by the Pacific Ocean and Alaska. An inexpensive meal in a restaurant in this city costs an average of 9.72€ (#1568.66), a litre of milk costs an average of 1.38€ (#235.85) and basic amenities such as electricity, water, heating and garbage collection costs an average of 78.05€ (#32514). More details on the cost of goods and services in this city can be found here.

Dusseldorf, Germany
[img]http://2.bp..com/-h_eqGc_xQqs/VccaXdmI3VI/AAAAAAAAA4A/0n0QnWjUDPI/s320/2072368858_f9bf6836f1.jpg[/img]

Dusseldorf is the second German city on this list. It is a city in west central Germany, capital of North Rhine-Westphalia (Nordrhein-Westfalen), a port at the confluence of the Rhine and Düssel rivers. The city is an important manufacturing, financial, and transportation center and is the seat of several major corporate headquarters. An inexpensive meal in a restaurant in this city costs an average of 11.00€ (#1568.66), a litre of milk costs an average of 0.78€ (#235.85) and basic amenities such as electricity, water, heating and garbage collection costs an average of 168.32€ (#32514). More details on the cost of goods and services in this city can be found here.

Frankfurth, Germany
[img]http://2.bp..com/-yyrW6LO3zRE/VcccDEqsYvI/AAAAAAAAA4M/27WyHLK-FLA/s320/fran.jpg[/img]
Frankfurth is a city in west central Germany, in Hessen, a port on the Main River. It is a major manufacturing, financial, commercial, and transportation center, served by rail lines and the Rhine-Main Airport, the most important in Germany. An inexpensive meal in a restaurant in this city costs an average of 9.00€, a litre of milk costs an average of 0.82€ and basic amenities such as electricity, water, heating and garbage collection costs an average of 222.30€. More details on the cost of goods and services in this city can be found here.

Geneva, Switzerland
[img]http://2.bp..com/-9q6ckb8aJCo/VccefBKlJtI/AAAAAAAAA4Y/xjOrO5qUyuM/s320/genev.jpg[/img]
Geneva is a city in western Switzerland, the capital of Geneva Canton. The city is located at the western extremity of Lake Geneva, where the Rhône River issues from the lake. The Rhône divides Geneva into two almost equal parts. An inexpensive meal in a restaurant in this city costs an average of 23.18€, a litre of milk costs an average of 1.46€ and basic amenities such as electricity, water, heating and garbage collection costs an average of 234.88€. More details on the cost of goods and services in this city can be found here.

Copenhagen, Denmark
[img]http://4.bp..com/-3TNs8dDGUVU/VccfOOjaJAI/AAAAAAAAA4g/y1MtcRuhUn8/s320/cope.jpg[/img]
Copenhagen is the capital city of Denmark and of Copenhagen County, and a major seaport and commercial center. The greater part of Copenhagen is on the eastern coast of Sjælland Island. The smaller part, called Christianshavn, is on Amager Island. An inexpensive meal in a restaurant in this city costs an average of 14.74€, a litre of milk costs an average of 0.94€ and basic amenities such as electricity, water, heating and garbage collection costs an average of 168.66€. More details on the cost of goods and services in this city can be found here.

Sydney, Australia
[img]http://4.bp..com/-Zjb7GgWLjfc/Vcck2RQDJwI/AAAAAAAAA4w/-uM5u4l4KMs/s320/sydn.jpg[/img]
Sydney is Australia’s most populous and economically important state. The city is a dynamic cultural center with a diversified economy focused on service industries, tourism, manufacturing, and international commerce. Its port is one of the leading centers of intercontinental trade in the Asia-Pacific region. An inexpensive meal in a restaurant in this city costs an average of 10.15€, a litre of milk costs an average of 4.07€ and basic amenities such as electricity, water, heating and garbage collection costs an average of 127.56€. More details on the cost of goods and services in this city can be found here.

As a footnote, Lagos, Nigeria and Abuja Nigeria got 211 and 213 respectively according to the report.
Do you feel your city should be one of the top 10 most expensive cities? Let me know in the comments section below

source: http://listernaija..com/2015/08/10-most-expensive-cities-in-world-in.html
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cities To Live In In The World In 2015 by majamajic(m): 11:41am On Aug 09, 2015
Where's Singapore
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cities To Live In In The World In 2015 by justwise(m): 11:42am On Aug 09, 2015
I'm surprised that London is not in the top 10

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cities To Live In In The World In 2015 by Swaggzkid: 11:45am On Aug 09, 2015
And some of our politicians have seeds in either of those countries
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cities To Live In In The World In 2015 by mayorkyzo: 11:45am On Aug 09, 2015
Fake list I must say...no london,singapore...
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cities To Live In In The World In 2015 by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 09, 2015
OP, where is oshogbo
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cities To Live In In The World In 2015 by Swaggzkid: 11:52am On Aug 09, 2015
elego1:
OP, where is oshogbo

No be only Oshogbo

Na Daura

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cities To Live In In The World In 2015 by Supermiy: 12:01pm On Aug 09, 2015
Where Is Borno? smiley
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cities To Live In In The World In 2015 by Teeboy22(m): 12:11pm On Aug 09, 2015
noted
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cities To Live In In The World In 2015 by goodmorning40: 12:18pm On Aug 09, 2015
This is not true. Where is Abuja Nigeria
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cities To Live In In The World In 2015 by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 12:39pm On Aug 09, 2015
majamajic:
Where's Singapore
Singapore didn't make it to the top 10 this year
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cities To Live In In The World In 2015 by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 12:40pm On Aug 09, 2015
justwise:
I'm surprised that London is not in the top 10

me too. i even expected them to be number one
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cities To Live In In The World In 2015 by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 12:41pm On Aug 09, 2015
mayorkyzo:
Fake list I must say...no london,singapore...

ain't fake. i posted the source of the info there but the nairaland bot removed it, only left one link which is at the bottom. you can check the link and get all the websites from where the info was gotten
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cities To Live In In The World In 2015 by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 12:43pm On Aug 09, 2015
elego1:
OP, where is oshogbo

lols. unfortunately, only lagos and abuja made the list from Nigeria
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cities To Live In In The World In 2015 by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 12:43pm On Aug 09, 2015
Supermiy:
Where Is Borno? smiley

borno made the list of places no-one would wanna live grin grin grin unless u would like to live there. i heard houses are very very cheap there
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cities To Live In In The World In 2015 by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 12:44pm On Aug 09, 2015
goodmorning40:
This is not true. Where is Abuja Nigeria

check the footnote at the end of the post
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cities To Live In In The World In 2015 by famousdad(m): 12:45pm On Aug 09, 2015
If sydney is not der its fake.....
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cities To Live In In The World In 2015 by Harmony222(m): 4:21pm On Aug 09, 2015
Lol this is just a random pick! Wheres Norway?? Wheres London?? Source or no source tis fake bro...
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cities To Live In In The World In 2015 by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 7:11pm On Aug 09, 2015
famousdad:
If sydney is not der its fake.....

Which means you didn't read the post. Sydney is number 10 on the list
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cities To Live In In The World In 2015 by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 7:13pm On Aug 09, 2015
Harmony222:
Lol this is just a random pick! Wheres Norway?? Wheres London?? Source or no source tis fake bro...

london and norway didn't make the top 10 this year but i'm sure they'll be on the full list. check the source at the bottom of the post, a link to the full list is provided there. i tried to upload the link to the full list but i dunno why it disappears when i post it
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cities To Live In In The World In 2015 by Supermiy: 12:26am On Aug 11, 2015
PerfectlyPerfect:

borno made the list of places no-one would wanna live grin grin grin unless u would like to live there. i heard houses are very very cheap there
after You grin
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cities To Live In In The World In 2015 by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 11, 2015
Please the link you got your info from when was it updated?and what is the name of your source.because I just checked google and the ones that I saw were either updated in march or july 2015 and none mentioned anything about germany or canada. Cities in france,asia like japan,china.majority mentioned singapore as the leading city.and some mentioned london also cities in norway.
There is a big problem on this list,how you will say sydney is the most expensive city in australia?melbourne is the most expensive.so sydney can't be on this list.
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cities To Live In In The World In 2015 by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 6:15pm On Aug 12, 2015
crazydove:
Please the link you got your info from when was it updated?and what is the name of your source.because I just checked google and the ones that I saw were either updated in march or july 2015 and none mentioned anything about germany or canada. Cities in france,asia like japan,china.majority mentioned singapore as the leading city.and some mentioned london also cities in norway.
There is a big problem on this list,how you will say sydney is the most expensive city in australia?melbourne is the most expensive.so sydney can't be on this list.

visit the website at the bottom of the post, the link to the source of the info was posted there
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cities To Live In In The World In 2015 by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 12, 2015
PerfectlyPerfect:

visit the website at the bottom of the post, the link to the source of the info was posted there

So that naija blog is the source?smh total failure.no name sef...lols that's why there is no date sef.nothing
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cities To Live In In The World In 2015 by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 7:46pm On Aug 13, 2015
crazydove:

So that naija blog is the source?smh total failure.no name sef...lols that's why there is no date sef.nothing

You don't understand.
It's dated 2015.
The source of the info was pasted on the blog. I'm sure there was a direct link pasted there. I tried putting it with the post but it isn't showing up on Nairaland
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cities To Live In In The World In 2015 by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 13, 2015
PerfectlyPerfect:

You don't understand.
It's dated 2015.
The source of the info was pasted on the blog. I'm sure there was a direct link pasted there. I tried putting it with the post but it isn't showing up on Nairaland

Lol 2015?what month?I just stated the month and year the links I went through was updated in my first comment.I don't believe as long the info has no name and the internet says another then something is wrong.I can state five top international news website that discussed this topic.and you are talking about just one link?that shows that your research is not changible
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cities To Live In In The World In 2015 by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:11pm On Aug 13, 2015
crazydove:

Lol 2015?what month?I just stated the month and year the links I went through was updated in my first comment.I don't believe as long the info has no name and the internet says another then something is wrong.I can state five top international news website that discussed this topic.and you are talking about just one link?that shows that your research is not changible

https://www.imercer.com/uploads/GM/qol2015/h5478qol2015/index.html
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cities To Live In In The World In 2015 by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 13, 2015
PerfectlyPerfect:

https://www.imercer.com/uploads/GM/qol2015/h5478qol2015/index.html

The link you just posted is qulality of living city not most expensive?cuz if you check the internet something else will come out.you are confusing us here.

Please liviable and expensive are two different things na...Justwise
Singapore is the most expensive city in the world while Vienna is the most liviable city in the world.

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cities To Live In In The World In 2015 by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:49am On Aug 15, 2015
crazydove:

The link you just posted is qulality of living city not most expensive?cuz if you check the internet something else will come out.you are confusing us here.

Please liviable and expensive are two different things na...Justwise
Singapore is the most expensive city in the world while Vienna is the most liviable city in the world.

Thanks for pointing that out
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cities To Live In In The World In 2015 by TravelSabi: 2:41pm On Aug 17, 2015
In my opinion there is definitely missing Istanbul!!

Went there on holidays one time and even if I was able to find something affordable to stay here http:///1N6s6CW, everything else was soo expensive!! I'd never go there even if it's such a beautiful city....

And I also thought Sydney would be more expensive than all the German cities..from my point of view it's a strange list.
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cities To Live In In The World In 2015 by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 18, 2015
TravelSabi:
In my opinion there is definitely missing Istanbul!!

Went there on holidays one time and even if I was able to find something affordable to stay here http:///1N6s6CW, everything else was soo expensive!! I'd never go there even if it's such a beautiful city....

And I also thought Sydney would be more expensive than all the German cities..from my point of view it's a strange list.

I guess you did not read the thread well before getting confused.sorry the op confused you

Desperate Cross Border Migrants Freeze In Bondage / Stay Away From Green Africa Airline. Their Promos are illegal soft LOANS! / Flight Ticket To Cape Verde

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51