Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,506 members, 7,854,166 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 11:54 AM

Ooni: Aregbesola Finally Speaks On Monarch’s Status - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ooni: Aregbesola Finally Speaks On Monarch’s Status (951 Views)

Ooni, Aregbesola Launch Cashew Plantation In Osun / Photo: When Aregbesola Finally Pays Your Salaries After Three Years. / Ooni: Aregbesola, Ife Chiefs Meet In Oshogbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ooni: Aregbesola Finally Speaks On Monarch’s Status by ope2711(m): 12:21pm On Aug 09, 2015
Osun State Governor, Mr. Rauf Aregbesola on Saturday spoke in public for the first time on the health status of the Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade, since the monarch reportedly died in London hospital recently.
The governor noted that the last short text message he received from Oba Sijuwade was touching and promised to share the content of the message with the people of the state when the situation becomes ripe to do so.
Speaking at a special sitting at the Osun State House of Assembly to mark the 50th birthday of the Speaker of Osun Assembly, Hon. Najeem Salaam, the governor stressed that he discussed the message with the Ife Royal Traditional Council during his meeting with them in Osogbo over Ooni’s issue.
Aregbesola contended that a traditional ruler does not die in Yoruba-land and prayed for long life for all the traditional rulers present at the assembly to felicitate with the Speaker on his golden jubilee birthday anniversary.
Aregbesola commended the Speaker for providing effective leadership for the House of Assembly through passage of various laws and other oversight functions for the smooth and unhindered progress of the state.
Meanwhile THISDAY has gathered from sources that the body of Oba Okunade was said to have been moved from ‘Ilegbo’ to Obatala house called ‘Ile Ase’ in Yoruba-land, meaning ‘House of Authority’.
THISDAY recalled that the monarch’s corpse had earlier been given a local embalment at ‘Ilegbo’ before being transferred to ‘Ile Ase’ where he got the spiritual decree he used to assert authority during his life-time.
It was noted that when the corpse of the monarch first arrived the ‘Ilegbo’ one of the deities’ shrines in the palace, the traditionalists were said to have invoked spirits to appease gods of the land.
The sources also disclosed that the traditionalists move to ‘Ile Ase’ where the second rite will be performed after that of ‘Ilegbo’ has been satisfactorily carried out.
It was further gathered that a few days would be used at ‘Ile Ase’ by the fraternity members who would not release the monarch’s body until they finish with the expected rite to be performed at the inner sacrificial house.
The house is said to be unique and symbolic in the sense that all acquired authorities from these gods must be re-claimed from the dead body before being finally laid to rest.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ooni-aregbesola-finally-speaks-on-monarch-s-status/216982/
Re: Ooni: Aregbesola Finally Speaks On Monarch’s Status by ladyF(f): 12:23pm On Aug 09, 2015
Eeyah
Re: Ooni: Aregbesola Finally Speaks On Monarch’s Status by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 09, 2015
ladyF:
Eeyah
nawa for you o
Re: Ooni: Aregbesola Finally Speaks On Monarch’s Status by jamesharryson(m): 12:27pm On Aug 09, 2015
I don't know why I just hate this name
Re: Ooni: Aregbesola Finally Speaks On Monarch’s Status by Niyinficient(m): 12:27pm On Aug 09, 2015
Abeg, if d oba die or survive, electricity go improve abi petrol go be 20card per litre? wetin concern us sef! If he survives good, if he dies, (RIP) enuf of dis shii!
Re: Ooni: Aregbesola Finally Speaks On Monarch’s Status by ibkgab001: 12:34pm On Aug 09, 2015
LadyF is another name of introvert
Re: Ooni: Aregbesola Finally Speaks On Monarch’s Status by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 09, 2015
All these rites they are performing is why people are being killed too often in the south west for silly rituals
Re: Ooni: Aregbesola Finally Speaks On Monarch’s Status by ibkgab001: 12:35pm On Aug 09, 2015
Think twice before you tYpe on here
Re: Ooni: Aregbesola Finally Speaks On Monarch’s Status by kestolove95(m): 12:47pm On Aug 09, 2015
11kobo to 11 special people true talk...na u go talk talk talk talk talk u go yan dey goo dat na true talk
Re: Ooni: Aregbesola Finally Speaks On Monarch’s Status by shaddoww: 1:02pm On Aug 09, 2015
kestolove95:
11kobo to 11 special people true talk...na u go talk talk talk talk talk u go yan dey goo dat na true talk
U don too watch the T. V advert, kai see wetin wan turn u too, n if I hear say everybody loves u ehn, no b u dey love ooo, na dat ur factory fitted b**bs
Re: Ooni: Aregbesola Finally Speaks On Monarch’s Status by SimpleVili: 1:05pm On Aug 09, 2015
Finally

Place your orders for long-lasting solar power banks. See my signature.
Re: Ooni: Aregbesola Finally Speaks On Monarch’s Status by kestolove95(m): 1:51pm On Aug 09, 2015
shaddoww:
U don too watch the T. V advert, kai see wetin wan turn u too, n if I hear say everybody loves u ehn, no b u dey love ooo, na dat ur factory fitted b**bs
hahahahaha, na my advert of d year bdat o
Re: Ooni: Aregbesola Finally Speaks On Monarch’s Status by shaddoww: 2:06pm On Aug 09, 2015
kestolove95:
hahahahaha, na my advert of d year bdat o
I wish there is an award for advert of d year though, I would vote for it anytime too
Re: Ooni: Aregbesola Finally Speaks On Monarch’s Status by ZeezaRapture(m): 2:09pm On Aug 09, 2015
The truth is now obvious but it wont come out from my mouth firstlipsrsealed

ladyF:
Eeyah

surprised u didnt add your childish "Its LadyF again"undecided

(1) (Reply)

Robbers Of Mohammed Babangida’s Wife’s Car Arrested In Katsina / FG Plans To Make Money With 13 Products / (photo) Can You Eat This Adam & Eve Carrot?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.