Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial (39397 Views)

Courts Nullifies 81 Elections, Upturns 15 Others, Says INEC / Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial / Nobody Will Escape Justice, Not Even Corrupt APC Members - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial by byteHead(m): 11:31pm On Aug 09, 2015

President Muhammadu Buhari has reacted to claims by the 49-member Senate Caucus of ‎the Peoples Democratic Party which on Thursday kicked against the current administration’s war against corruption, claiming it was selective and lacked transparency and fairness.
In a statement Sunday night, Mr. Buhari described the claims by the Godwill Akpabio-led caucus as “false, baseless and totally unjustifiable”.
Mr. Akpabio and his colleagues had at a press conference in Abuja Thursday alleged that the administration’s anti-graft war was mainly targeted at opposition politicians.
“The [PDP] caucus is not happy with the current trend that seems to suggest that the war against corruption is selective and targeted at PDP stalwarts and states,” the group said at the briefing.
“The current war lacks transparency, fairness to all and appears to be aimed at political adversaries.”
But in a statement via his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, on Sunday, Mr. Buhari said it was regrettable that “wild allegation of bias and partisanship” could come from respected and distinguished members of the Nigerian Senate.
Mr. Buhari said, “We have noted with regret, the allegation by members of the PDP Senate Caucus that the present administration is being selective and partisan in its prosecution of the war against corruption.
“We state without equivocation that the allegation is false, baseless and totally unjustifiable.
“For the avoidance of any doubt whatsoever, we affirm that having made his zero tolerance for corruption clear to all and sundry, President Muhammadu Buhari does not micro-manage or interfere in the daily work of Nigeria’s anti-corruption agencies.
“The wild allegation of bias and partisanship in the fight against corruption shouldn’t have come therefore from respected and distinguished members of the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
“That claim belongs to the past and not the present. Public officials and other leaders accused of corruption by relevant agencies should plead their innocence, not malice.
“President Buhari’s unwavering stance is that whosoever is charged with corruption should face the law irrespective of whether they are members of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), or any other political party.

“As far as the President is concerned, corruption has no political party, no religion and no ethnic group.
“It is important to remind the PDP Senate Caucus and all Nigerians that right from 2003 when he started campaigning for the Presidency of Nigeria, President Buhari consistently promised to do his best to curb corruption in the country.
“The President remains wholly committed to fulfilling that promise and will not be deterred from the relentless prosecution of the war against corruption because he remains convinced that, as he has said, “unless Nigeria kills corruption, corruption will kill Nigeria”.

The President also dismissed the claim by the caucus that he and his party were meddling in the ongoing cases at election tribunals and using the State Security Service to harass electoral officials believed to have sympathy for the PDP.
“The claim by the PDP Senate caucus that President Buhari and his administration are meddling in election petition cases through the Department of State Services (DSS) is also untrue,” Mr. Buhari said.

“The duties of the DSS and other security agencies are clearly spelt out in the laws establishing them. The Federal Government led by President Buhari does not give them instructions regarding their daily operations.
“Election Tribunals and the Independent National Electoral Commission in Rivers, Abia and Akwa-Ibom States do not operate under the guidance of the President.

“Any individual or group of individuals who think that their legitimate political and civil rights are infringed upon by the DSS or any institution is advised to seek protection and redress under our constitution and laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria instead of resorting to baseless allegations against the Buhari Administration.
“On President Buhari’s watch, the rule of law, not impunity, shall govern every aspect of life in Nigeria and there will be no room for sentiments, bias and corruption in the application of the laws of the land.
“President Buhari also wishes to re-assure all Nigerians that his administration will not discriminate against individuals or groups in the performance of its duties and that favours or patronage will not be dispensed on the basis of votes.
“The President remains committed to his Oath of Office and the letters and spirit of the constitution.
“He calls on all Nigerians to join hands with him in the fight against insecurity, corruption and impunity in Nigeria so that we can have a country that will prosper for the benefit of all of its citizens and future generations of Nigerians.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/188091-buhari-blasts-akpabio-others-says-corrupt-apc-pdp-members-must-face-trial.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial by megamank(m): 11:33pm On Aug 09, 2015
Yes at last I got it for the first time.

FTC thing be like say I be ambode now.

The general has spoken o

If them like make them continue...,this man is seriously waiting for whom to start with.

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial by INTROVERT(f): 11:34pm On Aug 09, 2015
okay

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial by jaykaylegend(m): 11:37pm On Aug 09, 2015
God bless the General

God bless the federal republic of Nigeria

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial by Rilwayne001: 11:38pm On Aug 09, 2015
Baba don yarikanle.

Jail anyone jailable. We dey your back.

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial by simeonii(m): 11:40pm On Aug 09, 2015
In Summary....
As far as the President is concerned, corruption has no political party, no religion and no ethnic group.

120 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial by jaymejate: 11:40pm On Aug 09, 2015
What is the man planning again.
Oga presido with wise sayings and brain work shaa.
#Oga at work#

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial by agoadiv(m): 11:41pm On Aug 09, 2015
Akpabio e don happen hehehehehehehe

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial by kestolove95(m): 11:42pm On Aug 09, 2015
Akpaz..the uncommon transformer..hahahaha

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 09, 2015
I'm waiting to see PMB jail Tinubu and amaechi

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial by Nobody: 11:50pm On Aug 09, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Baba don yarikanle. Jail anyone jailable. We dey your back.

asin this yarikanle no be for here, i so much respect people who don't compromise with their principle, irrespective and regardless of whoever they are. my greatest fear now is that GMB may turn his back on amaechi and tinubu...

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 09, 2015
Jail all of them,since that's the only thing you are good at.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial by SimpleVili: 11:55pm On Aug 09, 2015
Nice one!

Place your orders for long-lasting solar power banks. See my signature.
Re: Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial by Rilwayne001: 12:05am On Aug 10, 2015
Dharniel:

asin this yarikanle no be for here, i so much respect people who don't compromise with their principle, irrespective and regardless of whoever they are. my greatest fear now is that GMB may turn his back on amaechi and tinubu...

I don't see any reason why he would turn his back at the duo. Infact, I don't pray it happens o. O fè fi ojú olorè gugi niyen kè.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial by tomakint: 12:05am On Aug 10, 2015
I hope a law can be convoked soon which can strip a convicted serving Senator of his immunity clause so that rogues who want to hide behind the Senatorial status would be discouraged!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial by not4sure(m): 12:06am On Aug 10, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
You will wait eheh. Maybe you need to know that most case you see EFCC tackling is case petition under Jonathan and because Oga at the top did not believe stealing is corruption so the just need to drop it and now that the EFCC chairman knew this new President is no nonsense man he quickly took up the whole case ( even during previous administration they can invite talk-less arresting ).

On Tinubu case forget about that Man for now he can be jail, why

1. PDP has everything in their power to arrest him they can't arrest him.
2. Tinubu has not yet been petitioned with EFCC last time I Checked, unless you have done it.

I used to say no Governor in Nigeria did not have anything for them not to be jailed but these guy are smart, very smart the only person that can get Amechi Arrested is Wike, if he found something wanting in Rivers Account, Because as Governor he has the evidence to nail him
, but as i have said they are too smart including Wike(because he don't know the next morning he will no longer be the governor) a

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial by Nobody: 12:08am On Aug 10, 2015
I hope wailers are now happy

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial by rottennaija(m): 12:19am On Aug 10, 2015
kestolove95:
Akpaz..the uncommon transformer..hahahaha

The uncommon forger

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial by Swaggzkid: 12:31am On Aug 10, 2015
The daura dulllard is trying to bite what he won't be alive to chew to the end.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial by sammyj: 1:01am On Aug 10, 2015
We trust you baba you can do let the wailing wailers wail no shaking! ! grin

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial by Nobody: 1:29am On Aug 10, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Baba don yarikanle. Jail anyone jailable. We dey your back.
Buhari Zombie

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial by adoinem(f): 1:46am On Aug 10, 2015
If you have nothing to hide, you should not be bothered if you are investigated!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial by JudgeWilson(m): 2:04am On Aug 10, 2015
Them wailers are wailing louder dis days. If you are found wanting you will dance d music. Bubu has been giving TANoid nd SATanist HBP since 2003

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial by Nobody: 2:45am On Aug 10, 2015
It's only in Nigeria that a "corrupt politician" will be caught and instead of him (and his supporters) to prove his innocence, he will be asking if he is the only one committing such crime.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial by Christonjnr(m): 2:51am On Aug 10, 2015
Good move PMB.
But you said this simply because of the critics you got from it.
Next time try to suspend Zakari as the INEC share person,because the world have head she is your cousin..
And tell Amechi(ur frnd) to return back the money he rooted from Rivers treasury

1 Like

Re: Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial by Jackrich: 3:05am On Aug 10, 2015
megamank:
The general has spoken o

If them like make them continue...,this man is seriously waiting for whom to start with.
In a system that is awashed with corruption and someone that rose on the mantra of anti corruption is still waiting for whom to start with is a joke of the century my friend.

BUHARI rode on the backs of thieves to land in Aso Rock - Sometimes it is difficult to bite the finger that fed you or abandon friends that knows your secret.
Buhari is putting up a show for gullible Nigerians and it would soon be obvious and when he's done with his 4yrs ,the system will come back to status quo until Nigerians begin to understand that our problem is ourselves.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial by Jackrich: 3:06am On Aug 10, 2015
kingsolex:
I hope wailers are now happy
If being dumb was a crown , you already got for yourself a mighty one .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial by henchamb(m): 3:09am On Aug 10, 2015
Metuh have been silent of recent. The wailers.
What a way to wail into a new week

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial by Jackrich: 3:11am On Aug 10, 2015
Rilwayne001:

I don't see any reason why he would turn his back at the duo. Infact, I don't pray it happens o. O fè fi ojú olorè gugi niyen kè.
Sometimes I wonder if you comment from your anus ? Oops! I forgot you lost your mind jerking off on Marky's pix.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial by scribble: 3:14am On Aug 10, 2015
ECOTERRORS:

dont forget timipre

the cocaine sniffer

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Blasts Akpabio, Others, Says Corrupt APC, PDP Members Must Face Trial by Nobody: 4:03am On Aug 10, 2015
This is why Nigerians voted him; to fight corruption irrespective of party inclination.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hilarious Pictures From #babawhileyouweregone Trend On Twitter / Hon. Chike John Okafor In The Kitchen (Photo) / Yemi Osinbajo's Three Children: Damilola, Kiki And Fiyin Osinbajo (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.