Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,503 members, 7,823,172 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline (55341 Views)

Kanu: Why FG Can’t Hold Abaribe, Others Responsible - NewTelegraphOnline / Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Consider PDP Return - NewTelegraphOnline.com / Court Seizes Peter Nwaoboshi's 12-Storey Building Over N1.5bn Contract Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline by chronique(m): 5:53pm On Aug 10, 2015
I'm sorry to say but if that is what you call smart,then you really need to invest on eating foods,reading books and engaging in activities that would actually make you smart cos you're far from being one. Let those who have stolen and returned money,be named(with the amount they returned). Let those who decide not to return what they stole,be prosecuted according to the laws of the land. Give them an option of voluntary return of stolen funds with the consequence being the shame that they'd face for stealing,or hide from shame,be prosecuted,funds recovered, and sent to jail on conviction(which would be more shameful). Nigeria belongs to 170m people and we deserve to know who and who amongst us are theives. Those who stole and are "secretly returning the funds",already know that there's no guarantee that their names would not be released to the public at the end of the day. So quit being smart by half cos your point holds no water.
sukkot:
if they post the names, other thieves will be scared of the negative publicity and will not return their loot. this is called strategy. once you have recovered all the loots is when you go ahead and publish all their names. its called being smart. something you and many commenters here lack.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline by neocortex: 5:53pm On Aug 10, 2015
APC how far ?

Did the aid returned the money in a "ghana must go" bag or
he chartered a private jet.

No wonder Buhari and emefiele didn't sleep at home yesterday Night, they
were busy counting the billions of returned loot. undecided

1 Like

Re: Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 10, 2015
The best way to seduce minds according to Robert Greene is to tell people what they want to hear. Tell ugly girl you are beautiful, she ll smile.
Who brought money?

Why keep his name anonymous?

If any, Does it mean that person will not be punished so that it ll serve as deterrent to others?

The idea of saturate public with empty news is not best for a country.
We need jobs. We need constant electricity fixed. We need portable water supply, good roads etc.

1 Like

Re: Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline by neocortex: 5:55pm On Aug 10, 2015
chronique:
I'm sorry to say but if that is what you call smart,then you really need to invest on eating foods,reading books and engaging in activities that would actually make you smart cos you're far from being one. Let those who have stolen and returned money,be named(with the amount they returned). Let those who decide not to return what they stole,be prosecuted according to the laws of the land. Give them an option of voluntary return of stolen funds with the consequence being the shame that they'd face for stealing,or hide from shame,be prosecuted,funds recovered, and sent to jail on conviction(which would be more shameful). Nigeria belongs to 170m people and we deserve to know who and who amongst us are theives. Those who stole and are "secretly returning the funds",already know that there's no guarantee that their names would not be released to the public at the end of the day. So quit being smart by half cos your point holds no water.

Don't mind that APC mouthpiece who believes he can turn
logic on his head unchallenged.

3 Likes

Re: Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline by neocortex: 5:56pm On Aug 10, 2015
Redoil:
typical of u APC believing anything from kwestionable source

That is why they are called Zombies.

RIP to fela wherever he is.

1 Like

Re: Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline by sukkot: 6:00pm On Aug 10, 2015
chronique:
you make so much noise but make no point. you think buhari wants to spend 4 years prosecuting and chasing down thieves who have decided not to return their loot for fear of bad publicity after the first people who returned loots names were published ? he would have to take them to court and fight court cases throughout the whole 4 years. see thats the problem, you lack foresight. this thing I mentioned is very prevalent in civilized countries where they dont want to waste resources time and money prosecuting you so they offer you a deal if you return the money and they will not name and shame you. its called being SMART. its called PLEA BARGAIN. if buhari had to listen to people like you he will need about 100 years in office chasing down thousands of kleptocrats who will have absconded because of fear of being named and shamed
Re: Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline by sukkot: 6:02pm On Aug 10, 2015
neocortex:

Your argument doesn't hold.

Are the thieves more scared of publicity than jail times ?

Do you think anyone will return money just for returning sake
when he can pocket if the only penalty for doing so is bad publicity.
people have already returned billions since he has been in office. diezani returned a couple of billion last month. so your point is mute.
Re: Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline by Seawhy(m): 6:03pm On Aug 10, 2015
But why are Nigerians greedy.
These acquiring of wealth, where will it end.
Billions of naira, every day and one has forgotten that N1, will not be added to ones grave.
Haba, Nigerians, please let us have a change of heart.
I just dey ask myself,weda it is possible to sleep on two foams at once, or be on two cars at once.
Just one at a time and funny enough, this wealth will not be added into ones grave and the living will squander the wealth.
Nigerians should thank God for bring somebody like Buhari, otherwise this would have continue unabated.
Poor masses will be suffering while the rich get richer.
More money will be returned because the fear of Buhari is the return of the looted money.
SAI BUHARI
Re: Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline by Nkemdilim2014(m): 6:06pm On Aug 10, 2015
I personally does not like these secrets of hiding their names.Please release it and let d whole country know them. Or else, we will start thinking that bribery and collection is involved.
Re: Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline by neocortex: 6:08pm On Aug 10, 2015
sukkot:
people have already returned billions since he has been in office. diezani returned a couple of billion last month. so your point is mute.

How was the meeting like ?
How much was your share of Diezani's "couple of billions" ?

If politicans returned billions and Buhari keeps mum
it means he plan to re-loot everything.

"Anti-corruption" thieves everywhere.
Re: Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline by Ybnm4life(m): 6:09pm On Aug 10, 2015
If and only if all the sources in this article were true, I guess then PMB is the best thing to have ever happened to Democracy.
Re: Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline by osimataylor(m): 6:12pm On Aug 10, 2015
Re: Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline by sukkot: 6:13pm On Aug 10, 2015
neocortex:

How was the meeting like ?
How much was your share of Diezani's "couple of billions" ?

If politicans returned billions and Buhari keeps mum
it means he plan to re-loot everything.

"Anti-corruption" thieves everywhere.
its good that you are not in government. you are not a master strategist. in issues like this you keep your cards close to your chest till the last minute. then the last minute is when you reveal your ace. this is a game. it is chess not checkers. its a game of cat and mouse and you sir will make a lousy cat if you were buhari
Re: Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline by olayinkaj2(m): 6:14pm On Aug 10, 2015
We are getting there. More to be recovered, awon thieves gbo gbo.
Re: Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline by Abbey24(m): 6:15pm On Aug 10, 2015
Elslim:

http://newtelegraphonline.com/jonathan-in-night-visit-to-buhari/
now we have a reasonable govt a govt dat is not advocating for corruption rather it moving against the bad act! Unlike the past shitttttt
Re: Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 10, 2015
Why can't the Telegraph mentioned the name of the minister who refund his loot?I don't know who lie most between lair mohammed and some nigerian media.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline by tolayemi: 6:23pm On Aug 10, 2015
emmalexabl:
This govt is impressing me on daily basis.
But PMB shouldn't stop at that.
He should go ahead and prosecute them and send them to their destined destination......kirikiri maximum prison.
i think we should let bygone be bygone for past leader that stole our common wealth as long as they repented and return all the money they are accused of stealing back to the federal pulse. Hence, any other fresh looters should be made to make refund AND go to jail at the same time
Re: Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline by tno4real(m): 6:32pm On Aug 10, 2015
JN1:
Waiting for Rotimi Amechi to return his N10Tr loot to FG or Rivers State Governement, anything else is 'ojoro'.

I think is time for people like u to start thinking like responsibly human being...the way u talk sometime show u are notin but a baby
Re: Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline by tno4real(m): 6:33pm On Aug 10, 2015
tolayemi:
i think we should let bygone be bygone for past leader that stole our common wealth as long as they repented and return all the money they are accused of stealing back to the federal pulse. Hence, any other fresh looters should be made to make refund AND go to jail at the same time

Ur father is part of them abi? Nonsense talk
Re: Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline by ollyruffy: 6:34pm On Aug 10, 2015
Buhari. All these remain mere propaganda until you publicly prosecute all those thieves as you promised.
Re: Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline by willyede(m): 6:34pm On Aug 10, 2015
sukkot:
its good that you are not in government. you are not a master strategist. in issues like this you keep your cards close to your chest till the last minute. then the last minute is when you reveal your ace. this is a game. it is chess not checkers. its a game of cat and mouse and you sir will make a lousy cat if you were buhari
After i read all your post here i pray that you just keep quiet as you sound like a kid

1 Like

Re: Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline by sukkot: 6:36pm On Aug 10, 2015
willyede:

After i read all your post here i pray that you just keep quiet as you sound like a kid
make your point or forever hold your peace. we dont need your emotions please. lets deal like men. you are a man aint you ?
Re: Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 10, 2015
What are the names of those who return their loots,please?
Re: Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline by Ofeakwu(m): 6:40pm On Aug 10, 2015
All I Av to say is that am ;[img][/img]

Re: Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline by fctboy: 6:44pm On Aug 10, 2015
Interesting, we still expecting those indicted in the Haliburton bribery to return the bribe asap. Also those beneficiaries of NIPP unexecuted contract probed by Hon. Elumelu committee, over bloated PTF project by Afri-Project consortium, unaccounted utilization of recovered Abacha loots e.t.c. should be recovered because Nigeria is broke.
Re: Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline by OpeDwarroir: 6:46pm On Aug 10, 2015
Until I hear from Shehu Garba or Femi Adesina, other stories are fake. Tomorrow you will hear the presidency refuting such claims. We've heard enough of all these speculations from these cheap media houses. Since the Nation carried this news, all other media outfit have been qouting them.

The initial news was that Obasanjo went to intercede for Yar'adua's daughter, the news has changed to Obasanjo asking PMB to prosecute Jonathan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline by lumeneng22: 6:46pm On Aug 10, 2015
Men see how PDP squandered our money and pensioner de hungry for here. That na only one aid o Reuben Abati self still de there o. Na God go judge these people.
Re: Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline by chronique(m): 6:51pm On Aug 10, 2015
I actually knew you were not smart from your previous post but I didn't know it was this bad. I'm sure you heard the word "plea bargain" somewhere where it was used,without actually finding out what and what it entails. This is what plea bargain is:

Plea bargain(citing wikipedia)
A plea bargain (also plea agreement, plea deal, copping a plea, or plea in mitigation) is any agreement in a criminal case between the prosecutor and defendant whereby the defendant agrees to plead guilty to a particular charge in return for some concession from the prosecutor. This may mean that the defendant will plead guilty to a less serious charge, or to one of several charges, in return for the dismissal of other charges; or it may mean that the defendant will plead guilty to the original criminal charge in return for a more lenient sentence.[1]

A plea bargain allows both parties to avoid a lengthy criminal trial and may allow criminal defendants to avoid the risk of conviction at trial on a more serious charge. For example, in the U.S. legal system, a criminal defendant charged with a felony theft charge, the conviction of which would require imprisonment in state prison, may be offered the opportunity to plead guilty to a misdemeanor theft charge, which may not carry a custodial sentence.

In cases such as an automobile collision when there is a potential for civil liability against the defendant, the defendant may agree to plead no contest or "guilty with a civil reservation", which essentially is a guilty plea without admitting civil liability.

Plea bargaining can present a dilemma to defense attorneys, in that they must choose between vigorously seeking a good deal for their present client, or maintaining a good relationship with the prosecutor for the sake of helping future clients.[2]

In charge bargaining, defendants plead guilty to a less serious crime than the original charge. In count bargaining, they plead guilty to a subset of multiple original charges. In sentence bargaining, they plead guilty agreeing in advance what sentence will be given; however, this sentence can still be denied by the judge. In fact bargaining, defendants plead guilty but the prosecutor agrees to stipulate (i.e., to affirm or concede) certain facts that will affect how the defendant is punished under the sentencing guidelines.

Now,understand that under plea bargain,the relationship between the prosecutor and the defendant must have been established,before it can be referred to as plea bargain,and it must go through a legal procedure. Plea bargain doesn't mean that when a person steals,he is at liberty to secretly return the money stolen without the public knowing his identity. Plea bargain is meant to lesson the conviction or punishment to be given to the defendant,and not to shield the identity of the defendant from the public. When you go to school,try to study well and know why you're in school. Don't just get carried away with the worthless certificate to be presented to you after 4/5 yrs. What you learn and know,is more important than that piece of paper you're struggling for.
sukkot:
you make so much noise but make no point. you think buhari wants to spend 4 years prosecuting and chasing down thieves who have decided not to return their loot for fear of bad publicity after the first people who returned loots names were published ? he would have to take them to court and fight court cases throughout the whole 4 years. see thats the problem, you lack foresight. this thing I mentioned is very prevalent in civilized countries where they dont want to waste resources time and money prosecuting you so they offer you a deal if you return the money and they will not name and shame you. its called being SMART. its called PLEA BARGAIN. if buhari had to listen to people like you he will need about 100 years in office chasing down thousands of kleptocrats who will have absconded because of fear of being named and shamed

1 Like

Re: Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline by Splashme: 6:56pm On Aug 10, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
And am telling you that i saw a paper this morning on STV (MONDAY 10th August 2015) clearing stating that an aide to ex-president has returned that sum of money..
Which is more recent, 7th or 10th? Typical of PDPians if '16>19' according to you guys; why wont you claim 7th Aug is more recent than 10th..

Who is this maggot sef? Your paper doesn't have a name?
Re: Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline by Antoinne: 6:58pm On Aug 10, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
And am telling you that i saw a paper this morning on STV (MONDAY 10th August 2015) clearing stating that an aide to ex-president has returned that sum of money..
Which is more recent, 7th or 10th? Typical of PDPians if '16>19' according to you guys; why wont you claim 7th Aug is more recent than 10th..
Are you educated at all? The young man is delivering a tenable argument, while you are prancing about with a newspaper you heard read. What's wrong with you sef? Where's the paper's source? Where are the names? Just don't talk about a newspaper that might as well have done junk journalism for all we know!

1 Like

Re: Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline by omooba969(m): 7:13pm On Aug 10, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
Who received the returned looted money ??
The gateman of CBN ??
The CBN don't work on weekends.
I guess he packed the money he looted in a big traveling bag & gave it to the CBN gateman to keep so can deposit it on Monday morning.

APC, abeg. Make Una fear God.

Does d CBN av to be in full work/operations to receive d said looted funds, abeg try use d tiny brain wey d ur black skull. Or do u mean contingency plan/arrangement can't be put in place to deposit such amount of money, FYI huge amount of money change hands even on sunday mornings; only d big players can tell u.

U wud be surprised to learn dat some of dis stolen money (some of which might av been fraudulently withdrawn even from CBN) were withdrawn on weekends! Like u av forgotten so quickly d level of impunity dat was so rife in jona-daft's govt.

Shiooor. cool
Re: Ex-president Jonathan’s Aide Returns N1.5bn Loot To FG - Newtelegraphonline by ojnnaco(m): 7:14pm On Aug 10, 2015
nobody holy pass.... so pot shouldn't call kettle black thuo Jona administration nearly crippled d nations economy ...
Shout out to Baba

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. / Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance / Six Campaign Promises Buhari Will Never Fulfill - Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.