Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

I’m Recovering Govt Lands, Not Demolishing Structures – El-rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Recovering Govt Lands, Not Demolishing Structures – El-rufai (489 Views)

Amaka Osakwe Blasts Ambode "For Demolishing Her Shop Without Notice" / Fayose Paying Compensation Before Demolishing Illegal Structures (picture) / We’re “recovering” Govt Lands, Not “demolition” – El Rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I’m Recovering Govt Lands, Not Demolishing Structures – El-rufai by BMZK: 11:32am On Aug 10, 2015
By Juliet Oyoyo Kaduna

Kaduna State Governor, Malam Nasir El-Rufai has said that he was recovering government lands from those that acquired them illegally and not demolishing houses in Kaduna.

Governor El-Rufai said that his government was not all about demolition, and as such, people of Kaduna State should not entertain any fear that he was out to demolish their houses.

The Governor who spoke through his Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Samuel Aruwan while addressing journalists at the Government House on Tuesday said that the government has also embarked on recovery of schools and hospitals lands from illegal occupants.

According to him, “since after the town hall meeting in Zaria on Sunday, some people have started campaign of calumny that El-Rufai has come with his demolition ideology, but to set the record straight, we are only asking those who illegally occupied government owned institutions’ lands to vacate the lands.

“This government cannot allow encroachment into schools and hospitals lands to continue. For instance, when we visited the state wLibrary in Zaria and Alhudahuda College, private buildings have almost taken over the institutions. This has serious effect on the learning atmosphere of such institutions.”

He added that “Alhudahuda College for instance is over a decade in existence, but if we allow the type of encroachment going on there to continue, the school might go into extinction in the next 30 years. We have given them notice; we will only recover the lands for the future of our children. The public lands belong to the good people of Kaduna state and we must recover it before it is too late,” he said.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/08/im-recovering-govt-lands-not-demolishing-structures-el-rufai/
Re: I’m Recovering Govt Lands, Not Demolishing Structures – El-rufai by boboLIL(m): 11:43am On Aug 10, 2015
Its a good move though
Re: I’m Recovering Govt Lands, Not Demolishing Structures – El-rufai by maziyo(m): 12:22pm On Aug 10, 2015
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Apc Crisis Deepens, / 'dead Man' Testifies At Delta Election Tribunal / APC Says Jonathans Government Looted 11trn Naira. PDP Kicks Back.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.