Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,024 members, 7,821,562 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Judge's Allegations Are Baseless - Aregbesola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Judge's Allegations Are Baseless - Aregbesola (500 Views)

Disregard Baseless Rumours About Buhari's Death - Garba Shehu / N400bn Fraud: Fayemi Replies Ekiti Assembly: "Allegations Are Mere Fabrication" / Oyegun Formally Replies Tinubu: "Your Allegations Are Reckless And False" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judge's Allegations Are Baseless - Aregbesola by Stamfordking(m): 2:14pm On Aug 10, 2015
Osun State Governor, Mr. Rauf Aregbesola, has described the allegations contained in Justice Folahanmi Oloyede’s petition against him as deliberate falsehood fabricated to tarnish his image and set the people against him.

Aregbesola said this in Osogbo on Saturday while speaking at the 50th birthday of the Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Mr. Najeem Salaam.

Although the governor stopped short of saying the judge was used by the opposition, he said the petitioner and those using her had failed woefully.

The governor said it was condemnable for a judge to peddle lies, adding that one lie was enough to rubbish the image of any judge.

He said his administration did not collect N538bn contrary to the claim by the judge that N538bn was the total amount the governor collected on behalf of the state and its local government councils and not N204bn which Aregbesola disclosed to the lawmakers during the inauguration of the Assembly in June.

Aregbesola said, “After examining the petition written by the judge, I asked myself if she had any point but I found none. It was a tissue of lies. There was no iota of truth in it. They said Osun government collected N538bn.

“The judge knows the code of conduct of judicial officers. She dabbled into what she should not have dabbled into.

“For those thinking her allegations are true: assuming without conceding that Osun collected N10bn in a month and we have 48 months in four years: the total money collected in 48 months would be N480bn. That is not even up to the N538bn she claimed but we did not collect N10bn a month, we did not even collect N5bn.

“That fact deflates one of the lies. If the judge was telling lies why couldn’t journalists check how much Osun was collecting from the records? If I collected N538bn, Osun would have been far better than how it is.”

He blamed former President Goodluck Jonathan for the nation’s current economic woes. He said the United States confirmed that one million barrels of crude oil were stolen on a daily basis.

Aregbesola also said that he did not rule the state from outside. He said he wasn’t travelling all over the world, insisting that he had not gone on leave since he became governor.

He said, “I used to travel to Cuba before I became governor. That was where my child attended school. But I travelled to Cuba last in 2005.”

He promised to pay salary arrears before the end of the month.

“We will be free before the end of the month,” he said.

He said he would ‘talk’ after he might have paid the outstanding salaries.

Aregbesola had stopped the musician invited from singing for him which is his usual style anytime he was called to make his speech. He said he would not dance because of the backlash his administration had received because of the non-payment of salaries.

Meanwhile, the Chairman, Civil Societies Coalition for the Emancipation of Osun State, Mr. Adeniyi Sulaiman, has said that the group will not allow the petition of the judge against the governor to die.

Sulaiman, who said this in a statement on Sunday, stated that the group would ensure that relevant agencies took necessary actions on the petition.
Re: Judge's Allegations Are Baseless - Aregbesola by bobbiekrantz: 2:34pm On Aug 10, 2015
This Shameless and useless 1diot should be impeached ASAP!!! angry

1 Like

Re: Judge's Allegations Are Baseless - Aregbesola by boujaye: 2:38pm On Aug 10, 2015
Stamfordking:
Osun State Governor, Mr. Rauf Aregbesola, has described the allegations contained in Justice Folahanmi Oloyede’s petition against him as deliberate falsehood fabricated to tarnish his image and set the people against him.

Aregbesola said this in Osogbo on Saturday while speaking at the 50th birthday of the Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Mr. Najeem Salaam.

Although the governor stopped short of saying the judge was used by the opposition, he said the petitioner and those using her had failed woefully.

The governor said it was condemnable for a judge to peddle lies, adding that one lie was enough to rubbish the image of any judge.

He said his administration did not collect N538bn contrary to the claim by the judge that N538bn was the total amount the governor collected on behalf of the state and its local government councils and not N204bn which Aregbesola disclosed to the lawmakers during the inauguration of the Assembly in June.

Aregbesola said, “After examining the petition written by the judge, I asked myself if she had any point but I found none. It was a tissue of lies. There was no iota of truth in it. They said Osun government collected N538bn.

“The judge knows the code of conduct of judicial officers. She dabbled into what she should not have dabbled into.

“For those thinking her allegations are true: assuming without conceding that Osun collected N10bn in a month and we have 48 months in four years: the total money collected in 48 months would be N480bn. That is not even up to the N538bn she claimed but we did not collect N10bn a month, we did not even collect N5bn.

“That fact deflates one of the lies. If the judge was telling lies why couldn’t journalists check how much Osun was collecting from the records? If I collected N538bn, Osun would have been far better than how it is.”

He blamed former President Goodluck Jonathan for the nation’s current economic woes. He said the United States confirmed that one million barrels of crude oil were stolen on a daily basis.

Aregbesola also said that he did not rule the state from outside. He said he wasn’t travelling all over the world, insisting that he had not gone on leave since he became governor.

He said, “I used to travel to Cuba before I became governor. That was where my child attended school. But I travelled to Cuba last in 2005.”

He promised to pay salary arrears before the end of the month.

“We will be free before the end of the month,” he said.

He said he would ‘talk’ after he might have paid the outstanding salaries.

Aregbesola had stopped the musician invited from singing for him which is his usual style anytime he was called to make his speech. He said he would not dance because of the backlash his administration had received because of the non-payment of salaries.

Meanwhile, the Chairman, Civil Societies Coalition for the Emancipation of Osun State, Mr. Adeniyi Sulaiman, has said that the group will not allow the petition of the judge against the governor to die.

Sulaiman, who said this in a statement on Sunday, stated that the group would ensure that relevant agencies took necessary actions on the petition.

Aregbese why won't your mouth be sharp, now that buhari has squeezed some money into your pocket for workers salaries bail out,
before this time you were as dumb as a dead bone. cool

1 Like

Re: Judge's Allegations Are Baseless - Aregbesola by merry02(m): 2:54pm On Aug 10, 2015
Nigeria is a country where thief speaks and innocent,poor citizen applaud him.....this man should just keep quiet

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan And His Royal Bewitchment / Futminna Post Utme Results Is Out. / Trump Prepared To Spend $1b On Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.