Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,590 members, 7,958,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:39 AM

What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water (39446 Views)

Help! My Phone Fell Inside Water / My Power Bank Fell Inside Water. What Can I Do / What To Do When Your Phone Drops Into Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by shadowripper(f): 9:39am On Aug 11, 2015
Mshewwwww

Stale....

Dehumidifier lobatan
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by kelvine(m): 9:40am On Aug 11, 2015
How did you discover this bag of rice thing ?
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by labamo07(m): 9:40am On Aug 11, 2015
INTROVERT:

are u new on NAIRALAND cos that's old news grin
You don kolo true true...........
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by filaris07(m): 9:40am On Aug 11, 2015
Nice One (y)
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by jamesbridget13(f): 9:44am On Aug 11, 2015
So everyone shld get a bag of rice incase ....... grin grin grin but op can't bag of garri serve? grin
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by adedayourt(m): 9:44am On Aug 11, 2015
AM GOIN TO DROP MY TAB IN WATER ASAP

i must try dis
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 11, 2015
Anoda solution is to put d fone inside a microwave 4 2hrs...its very effective o
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by hadura29(m): 9:44am On Aug 11, 2015
tohpahz:
Noted..

Phone oya fall into water jare..

Am no more scared grin

Op..if this thing no work ehh.. gather money oo.. angry

T baby I pity you... How many bags of rice you get for house?
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by justi4jesu(f): 9:45am On Aug 11, 2015
INTROVERT:

You are so hilarious cheesy grin
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 11, 2015
cupsofxo:
Hello Nairalanders, I just learnt this now... Without waisting time lets get down to real business
So your fall fell inside a pool of water,, ow too bad, it can happen to anyone, do not panic just apply the following steps...

STEP 1: Take the phone out of the water immediately
STEP 2: Wipe the surface of the phone with a paper towel
STEP 3: If its an iphone, do not remove the battery, because doing that would void the warranty, after wiping the surface of the phone just place the phone in a bag of uncooked rice for 24 hours, it will absorb the water, bring it out afterwards and u can now switch on
If its not an iphone, ensure to remove the b3 and any oda detachable part of d fon before putting in a bag of uncooked rice...

another method. Cover with eba and soak in soured Egusi soup over night. IT WORKED FOR ME AS UNCOOKED BAG OF RICE DID FOR OP.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by Jamesrock(m): 9:46am On Aug 11, 2015
INTROVERT:

VISIT THE JOB TREND
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by Jamesrock(m): 9:46am On Aug 11, 2015
INTROVERT:

VISIT THE JOB TREND
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by Rilwayne001: 9:46am On Aug 11, 2015
INTROVERT:

Lool.
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by abworld6deep(m): 9:47am On Aug 11, 2015
This is really a nice piece....

Thanks OP
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by goshen26: 9:47am On Aug 11, 2015
toideve:
So what happens to the rice afterwards?

throw it away
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by Gmekx(m): 9:47am On Aug 11, 2015
Some people go boil their phone now
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by justicejay(m): 9:47am On Aug 11, 2015
Ok thanks. But what do I do when I am in farm and it fell inside water. Cos I don't have a bag of rice in farm.
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by africanpea: 9:47am On Aug 11, 2015
Ok oo...learned one today.

www.diaryofanaijamom..com
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by Demrich(m): 9:47am On Aug 11, 2015
Congrats to THOSE male nairalanders who knowingly or otherwise pressured LadyF to change to (m). God is watching all of you because you don't like women being on top of your heads. angry[/quote] Transgender issue on Nairaland too.
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 9:48am On Aug 11, 2015
so we should being looking for a bag of rice grin
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by justi4jesu(f): 9:49am On Aug 11, 2015
kelvine:
How did you discover this bag of rice thing ?

It has been tested and trusted, it's true because my blackberry phone once fell into the pool, i brought it out and dipped it into a bag of Uncle Bens rice for 24hours, brought the phone out and switched it on and booooommm like magic the phone worked without any fault. cheesy
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by Ignyte(m): 9:49am On Aug 11, 2015
Seen....
Next!!!....

Abeg OP write the remaining life hacks or recommend them to crazy russian hacker's youtube page...
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by shamecurls(m): 9:52am On Aug 11, 2015
Simply use the micro-wave oven to dry it up for 10 minutes.
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by viktor01(m): 9:52am On Aug 11, 2015
NICE ONE OP BUT THE METHOD IS NOT ECONOMICAL NA. A WHOLE BAG OF RICE?
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by GudluckIBB(m): 9:53am On Aug 11, 2015
how can you remove iPhone battery
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by nonichuks: 9:55am On Aug 11, 2015
I thought everyone knew about the rice thing. and are iPhone batteries removable?
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by ignis: 9:56am On Aug 11, 2015
Nice one. ..
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 11, 2015
Ok noted
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by tbadejo25: 9:57am On Aug 11, 2015
First thing I wondered.
GudluckIBB:
how can you remove iPhone battery
Re: What To Do When Your Phone Drops Inside Water by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 11, 2015
cupsofxo:
Hello Nairalanders, I just learnt this now... Without waisting time lets get down to real business
So your fall fell inside a pool of water,, ow too bad, it can happen to anyone, do not panic just apply the following steps...

STEP 1: Take the phone out of the water immediately
STEP 2: Wipe the surface of the phone with a paper towel
STEP 3: If its an iphone, do not remove the battery, because doing that would void the warranty, after wiping the surface of the phone just place the phone in a bag of uncooked rice for 24 hours, it will absorb the water, bring it out afterwards and u can now switch on
If its not an iphone, ensure to remove the b3 and any oda detachable part of d fon before putting in a bag of uncooked rice...

remove battery, clean phone, keep under d sun for 1 - 3 hours den put back battery n on d phone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The type of phone you use is a reflection of who you are. / Could My Phone Be Monitored Or Hacked?(pics) / MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.