Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

I Remain ‘partyless’, But A Statesman – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Remain ‘partyless’, But A Statesman – Obasanjo (635 Views)

I Remain Committed To Opposing The Buhari administration And APC- Fani Kayode / I Remain ‘partyless’, But A Statesman - Obasanjo / I Remain ‘partyless’, But A Statesman – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Remain ‘partyless’, But A Statesman – Obasanjo by ishowdotgmail(m): 12:06am On Aug 11, 2015
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has said he remains a ‘party-less Nigerian’ and will continue to be a statesman.

He said this on Monday at his Abeokuta Hilltop residence when a delegation from Kogi State, led by the state Governor, Captain Idris Wada (retd.), paid him a courtesy call.

The former President, who was the a chairman, Board of Trustees, Peoples Democratic Party, said despite not playing active partisan politics anymore, he would continue to work with any Nigerian with capabilities of good intention and leadership traits.

Obasanjo publicly tore his PDP membership card in February this year to renounce his membership of the then ruling party.

He noted that personality and performance would normally rank above the party platform.

He said, “We should understand first that not the party makes the person, but the person makes the party. It is who you are that you bring into the party.

“For now, I remain a partyless Nigerian, but I will continue to welcome any Nigerian with good leadership qualities.

“It does not matter which party you are, either PDP, APC, Labour, APGA or any party at all; as long as you are a committed, sincere and a purposeful leader, I am ready for you.”

Obasanjo, who commended Wada for engendering peace in Kogi State, said he was providing purposeful leadership.

He said, “Everybody is welcome, but they must be with good leadership traits, with genuine intention to improve the country.”

Wada described Obasanjo as a father of the nation, stressing that those who believed in him, would continue to learn from his commitment and dedication to the growth of the country.

The governor added, “Everywhere we meet Baba, we learn a lot and we shall continue to learn from him. He is a father of the nation. He is a figure we admire.

“We pray that we all will be like him because he is a committed Nigerian, who has devoted himself to the growth of the country. So, why not, if some of us decide to emulate him, be with him and appreciate him?”
Among those who accompanied the governor was a frontline women leader of the PDP in Kogi State, Olori Margaret Orebiyi, who also described Obasanjo as the landlord of the Nigerian nation.

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-remain-partyless-but-a-statesman-obasanjo/

Cc:Lalasticlala
Re: I Remain ‘partyless’, But A Statesman – Obasanjo by ibkgab001: 12:11am On Aug 11, 2015
baba ooooo

logun ofe oooo

Aare ona kakanfo Nigeria
Re: I Remain ‘partyless’, But A Statesman – Obasanjo by wapSmart(m): 12:19am On Aug 11, 2015
It is too dangerous to be with a man who in is ignoble quest is to keep diverting money and the good things that comes with life to himself alone.

I am not trying to rubish the fact that Obasanjo is one of the political juggernaut we have in the country but he tends to always want to be in control of everything which is not possible.

The last time i check every leaders that the country keep recycling do have good intention when they are still aiming to get the sweet fruit but the moment they get it they loose sight of those that help in getting that sweet fruit.

That said, all this people having a tete-a-tete with Obasanjo telling us to be like him have they ever have a meeting with him to discuss extensively on how the hoi-polloi will be elevated. The last time i check they are only having a clandestine meeting with him for their political interest.

By the way i will bury the hatchet with him on been party-less because Baba is getting older he needs not to keep hoping from one "owanbe" to another but on him been a statesman, i think been a local-governmentsman will be better......
Re: I Remain ‘partyless’, But A Statesman – Obasanjo by DrLee(m): 12:21am On Aug 11, 2015
He should just pick one party jor undecided as if he's better than them
Re: I Remain ‘partyless’, But A Statesman – Obasanjo by Miracle4Sure: 1:02am On Aug 11, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: I Remain ‘partyless’, But A Statesman – Obasanjo by KanwuliaJara: 1:07am On Aug 11, 2015
You belong to the GORILLA PARTY OF OTTA!
Simple!!!! kiss
Re: I Remain ‘partyless’, But A Statesman – Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:12am On Aug 11, 2015
Useless man undecided. He should go and make peace with his God. The statesman that sleeps with his son's wife. The statesman without a family.

Life must be hell for him. While his mates are enjoying their old age and reaping the fruits of their labour with their grandchildren, he goes about castigating those better than him and plays ludo after writing letters and self eulogy books cheesy.
Re: I Remain ‘partyless’, But A Statesman – Obasanjo by ZKOSOSO(m): 1:16am On Aug 11, 2015
The Motor Park Tout General of Nigeria does not need a party to operate!

The ebora owu!! The only president that can create darkness with $16.2 Billion in Nigeria.

Pls start preparing to meet thy Lord o!
Re: I Remain ‘partyless’, But A Statesman – Obasanjo by Nobody: 3:02am On Aug 11, 2015
OBJ leave it for others to declare you a statesman. This self declaration makes you delusional.
Re: I Remain ‘partyless’, But A Statesman – Obasanjo by Flets: 3:20am On Aug 11, 2015
Its a pity a man who had the opportunity of writing his name in gold will be joining his ancestors an absolute nuisance.

Obj is a waste of opportunity.
Re: I Remain ‘partyless’, But A Statesman – Obasanjo by prospero5(m): 3:36am On Aug 11, 2015
k
Re: I Remain ‘partyless’, But A Statesman – Obasanjo by kliq(m): 4:10am On Aug 11, 2015
Baba we are together on this #TeamPartylessNigerian

All we want is a better Nigeria

God bless Nigeria!
Re: I Remain ‘partyless’, But A Statesman – Obasanjo by kennyman2000(m): 5:18am On Aug 11, 2015
Hmmmm.. 2moro, baba will say, he belongs to APGA as he can see a brighter future in APGA..
Re: I Remain ‘partyless’, But A Statesman – Obasanjo by 1love4all: 6:42am On Aug 11, 2015
Ikira fun baba....
Re: I Remain ‘partyless’, But A Statesman – Obasanjo by Cutehector(m): 7:02am On Aug 11, 2015
He is just confused in life... Wasn't he the same person who reiterated the apc governors befor d presidential election dat he will forever remain a member of the pdp....
Re: I Remain ‘partyless’, But A Statesman – Obasanjo by Chykeboss(m): 7:05am On Aug 11, 2015
this man should shut his trap and go get a life , OH he already got one cheesy
Re: I Remain ‘partyless’, But A Statesman – Obasanjo by Whois(m): 6:56pm On May 18, 2018
If I hear

(1) (Reply)

Caption These Pictures!!!! / INVESTIGATION: Nigeria Earned $11.8bn From LNG; Not $5.6bn Claimed By Fomer Govt / Breaking: Borno Deputy Gov. Zannah Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.