Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Ethnic Groups And Physical Appearance - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ethnic Groups And Physical Appearance (26448 Views)

List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria / Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People / Some Nigerian Ethnic Groups And Their Dressing Styles (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethnic Groups And Physical Appearance by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 19, 2017
Wulfruna:

Go and get an education, child.

By the way, I am not Sahelian. I am from Southern Nigeria. Southern Nigerians are not Sahelians; and we do not feel the need to claim Sahelian. Why the hell should we?

But if you think the the people who live in the Northern Nigerian plains - people like the Fula, the Hausa, the Kanuri - are not as every bit Sahelian as their next-door neighbours in Niger and Chad, you are uneducated, very uneducated.

I don't care what political organisations you have that do not include Northern Nigerians - the Sahel is not a political entity; it is a geographical zone, pure and simple.

Did you ever think that Africa's colonial history and the separation of brother from brother by the colonial boundaries drawn by the Europeans accounts for these fictitious lines you've drawn up in your head about who is Sahelian and who isn't? No you haven't thought about that.

Do you think it is a coincidence that all the countries you recognise as Sahelian are Francophone?

The Francophone Hausa in Niger is Sahelian, but the Anglophone Hausa of Northern Nigeria is not, despite the fact that they share the same customs, follow the same religion, and live in the same geographical zone. The Francophone Fulani spread from Senegal to Mali are Sahelian, but the ones in the plains of Northern Nigeria are not? Kanuri sub-groups are in Niger and Chad; they are Sahelian there, but the ones in Borno State, Northeastern Nigeria are not?

Your world view is too, too narrow. Everything you know about Nigeria probably come from associating with Southern Nigerians, or watching Southern Nigerian films and music videos. If you knew the first thing about the far north of Nigeria you wouldn't be embarrassing yourself so. Go and get an education.

I don't know what I like more, this post or fried chicken.

2 Likes

Re: Ethnic Groups And Physical Appearance by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 19, 2017
Lol. I've figured it out, this lady is a troll. Has to be.

2 Likes

Re: Ethnic Groups And Physical Appearance by annieruok: 5:15pm On Aug 19, 2017
Ersan:

Are you going to take the easy way out or are you going to answer this:

if it's common knowledge that Nigerians are indeed Sahelians how come we are totally indifferent when it comes to you? Why is there no reciprocity if we're indeed the same and everyone knows that?
Re: Ethnic Groups And Physical Appearance by Fulaman198(m): 5:16pm On Aug 19, 2017
annieruok:

You sure are. And you should own it instead of clinging to something you'll never be.

I see no one answered this: if it's common knowledge that Nigerians are indeed Sahelians how come we are totally indifferent when it comes to you? Why is there no reciprocity if we're indeed the same and everyone knows that?

Write in Tamashaq Toubab

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups And Physical Appearance by Fulaman198(m): 5:16pm On Aug 19, 2017
Ersan:

Obviously ROFLLLL, it could also be Axum or some Somali troll that hates Nigerians ROFLLL

2 Likes

Re: Ethnic Groups And Physical Appearance by annieruok: 5:18pm On Aug 19, 2017
Fulaman198:

Write in Tamashaq Toubab

I can't write in Tamasheq. Je ne suis pas blanche cheesy so stop embarrassing yourself.

Are you going to answer this:

if it's common knowledge that Nigerians are indeed Sahelians how come we are totally indifferent when it comes to you? Why is there no reciprocity if we're indeed the same and everyone knows that?
Re: Ethnic Groups And Physical Appearance by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 19, 2017
Fulaman198:

Obviously ROFLLLL, it could also be Axum or some Somali troll that hates Nigerians ROFLLL

LMAO you just mentioned him. He's about to derail this thread I'm sure.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups And Physical Appearance by annieruok: 5:19pm On Aug 19, 2017
Fulaman198:

Now I'm Somali? You're too pathetic grin

Re: Ethnic Groups And Physical Appearance by annieruok: 5:20pm On Aug 19, 2017
Ersan:

I've answered everything directed at me, why can't you answer this? Because you know it's true and you're ashamed!

Re: Ethnic Groups And Physical Appearance by Fulaman198(m): 5:23pm On Aug 19, 2017
annieruok:

I can't write in Tamasheq. Je ne suis pas blanche cheesy so stop embarrassing yourself.

Are you going to answer this:

That's why I know you are lying. You do realise on a yearly basis there is a Fulani meeting called KJPF where Fulani people from many countries meet up and have discourse. Fulani from Mali, Chad, Niger, Nigeria, Sudan, Senegal, Gambia, Mauritania, Burkina Faso, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau all attend. Not one denies the fact that the Nigerians there are from the Sahel and I have been to some of those meetings.

If you are able to write a simple sentence claiming you are not white (which you are) in Français then you should easily be able to write out Tamashaq in the Latin alphabet. I am not even asking you to do it in the Tiffinagh alphabet (which I am sure you can not do because you are not Kel-Tamasheq anyways).

I have seen a lot of white people claiming various African cultures when they are none of those things, so this would not be the first time. Typically speaking it's a white woman who goes to a remote part of Africa hoping to be integrated into the Africans' culture.

I am no fool, you think you can come and troll it is not working.

3 Likes

Re: Ethnic Groups And Physical Appearance by Fulaman198(m): 5:24pm On Aug 19, 2017
Ersan:

Yah this thread is about to go from already hilarious to extremely baboon hilarious. He will come on here making claims that Somalis are more beautiful than Fulani and more beautiful than Hausa. Then start posting pictures of Somali women to try and prove his incorrect point.

2 Likes

Re: Ethnic Groups And Physical Appearance by annieruok: 5:29pm On Aug 19, 2017
Fulaman198:

That's why I know you are lying. You do realise on a yearly basis there is a Fulani meeting called KJPF where Fulani people from many countries meet up and have discourse. Fulani from Mali, Chad, Niger, Nigeria, Sudan, Senegal, Gambia, Mauritania, Burkina Faso, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau all attend. Not one denies the fact that the Nigerians there are from the Sahel and I have been to some of those meetings.

If you are able to write a simple sentence claiming you are not white (which you are) in Français then you should easily be able to write out Tamashaq in the Latin alphabet. I am not even asking you to do it in the Tiffinagh alphabet (which I am sure you can not do because you are not Kel-Tamasheq anyways).

I have seen a lot of white people claiming various African cultures when they are none of those things, so this would not be the first time. Typically speaking it's a white woman who goes to a remote part of Africa hoping to be integrated into the Africans' culture.

I am no fool, you think you can come and troll it is not working.

What you think is not going to change anything girly.

I want to know why you're ashamed to reply to this:

Re: Ethnic Groups And Physical Appearance by annieruok: 5:31pm On Aug 19, 2017
Fulaman198:

Yah this thread is about to go from already hilarious to extremely baboon hilarious. He will come on here making claims that Somalis are more beautiful than Fulani and more beautiful than Hausa. Then start posting pictures of Somali women to try and prove his incorrect point.

Girl, that's your inferiority complex speaking. No one is more beautiful than my Sahelian people but nice to know that you think of yourself as ugly.

You played yourself.
Re: Ethnic Groups And Physical Appearance by Fulaman198(m): 5:32pm On Aug 19, 2017
annieruok:

Girl, that's your inferiority complex speaking. No one is as beautiful as my Sahelian people but nice to know that you think of yourself as ugly.

You played yourself.

Nice troll, notice the name, I'm a man. Ok Toubab woman, I'm officially done. What you are doing is not even funny anymore. If you were truly a Kel Tamashaq I would have welcomed you to Nairaland. Now I know you are another Westerner trying to spew trash.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups And Physical Appearance by annieruok: 5:34pm On Aug 19, 2017
Fulaman198:

Nice troll, notice the name, I'm a man. Ok Toubab woman, I'm officially done. What you are doing is not even funny anymore. If you were truly a Kel Tamashaq I would have welcomed you to Nairaland. Now I know you are another Westerner trying to spew trash.

Re: Ethnic Groups And Physical Appearance by Fulaman198(m): 5:39pm On Aug 19, 2017
annieruok:

Look here my Troll, I answered your question. You are not even from Africa let alone the Sahel. You are a European white woman.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups And Physical Appearance by annieruok: 5:45pm On Aug 19, 2017
Fulaman198:

Look here my Troll, I answered your question. You are not even from Africa let alone the Sahel. You are a European white woman.

No you haven't and you can't because you're embarrassed. Here you are making all these we are the world claim about my people knowing good and well that we don't eff with your ilk like that and for good reasons, we're not the same.

Don't quote me again unless you're ready to answer this: if it's common knowledge that Nigerians are indeed Sahelians how come we are totally indifferent when it comes to you? Why is there no reciprocity if we're indeed the same and everyone knows that?
Re: Ethnic Groups And Physical Appearance by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 19, 2017
annieruok:

Girl, that's your inferiority complex speaking. No one is more beautiful than my Sahelian people but nice to know that you think of yourself as ugly.

You played yourself.

First of all who are your sahelian people?

Secondly you do realise sahelian phenotypes vary do you not? grin

2 Likes

Re: Ethnic Groups And Physical Appearance by Wulfruna(f): 5:27am On Aug 20, 2017
Wait, she can't even make a simple statement in her language (assuming she is even West African - which at this point looks very unlikely)? And she thinks she is the authority on who is Sahelian and who isn't?

Ignorant, troll, or both.

2 Likes

Re: Ethnic Groups And Physical Appearance by annieruok: 3:42pm On Aug 20, 2017
Wulfruna:
Wait, she can't even make a simple statement in her language (assuming she is even West African - which at this point looks very unlikely)? And she thinks she is the authority on who is Sahelian and who isn't?

Ignorant, troll, or both.

I'm not west African you idiot, I'm Sahelian.

You people and your deep inferiority complex cheesy .

If it's common knowledge that Nigerians are indeed Sahelians how come we are totally indifferent when it comes to you? Why is there no reciprocity if we're indeed the same and everyone knows that?
Re: Ethnic Groups And Physical Appearance by annieruok: 3:44pm On Aug 20, 2017
Ersan:

First of all who are your sahelian people?

Secondly you do realise sahelian phenotypes vary do you not? grin

You have a deep inferiority complex and that's not surprising since you're Nigerian. You hate the way you and your people look and you think Somali people are more beautiful than you which is why you mentioned them. My people don't think about Somalis AT ALL (we have no link to them just as we have no link to your ilk), you're the one who brought them up, not me.

Everyone can see that you won't touch this simple question cheesy :

If it's common knowledge that Nigerians are indeed Sahelians how come we are totally indifferent when it comes to you? Why is there no reciprocity if we're indeed the same and everyone knows that?

Are you ashamed? It should be easy since you claim that "Niger and Nigeria are the same" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin .

Stop being desperate, stop claiming my people and our histories and I'll stop bothering you, simple. I'm sorry you hate who you are but it's not up to us to give you the confidence you lack.
Re: Ethnic Groups And Physical Appearance by Wulfruna(f): 5:01pm On Aug 20, 2017
annieruok:

I'm not west African you idiot, I'm Sahelian.

You people and your deep inferiority complex cheesy

What manner of troll-goat is this? grin

Name your country, let's see whether it's West African or not. Sahel and West Africa are not mutually exclusive - the bulk of the Sahel (not all of it, of course) is in West Africa. Even the countries you listed as Sahel are all West African countries, with the exception of Algeria and Chad. Did you skip Geography class, or did you skip getting an education alltogether?

Name your country.

Are you a bot stuck on repeat or something? Your indifference is of no consequence as far as facts are concerned.

2 Likes

Re: Ethnic Groups And Physical Appearance by annieruok: 5:21pm On Aug 20, 2017
Wulfruna:

Name your country, let's see whether it's West African or not. Sahel and West Africa are not mutually exclusive - the bulk of the Sahel (not all of it, of course) is in West Africa. Even the countries you listed as Sahel are all West African countries, with the exception of Algeria and Chad. Did you skip Geography class, or did you skip getting an education alltogether?

Name your country.

Are you a bot stuck on repeat or something? Your indifference is of no consequence as far as facts are concerned.

It's sad that you are so obsessed with claiming people who want nothing to do with your asses. I'm embarrassed for you. I keep seeing Nigerians like yourself claim and discuss people from Niger and Mali but how come the opposite never occurs?

One sided "brotherhood" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin .
Re: Ethnic Groups And Physical Appearance by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 20, 2017
Please refrain from responding to this troll. grin

3 Likes

Re: Ethnic Groups And Physical Appearance by annieruok: 5:37pm On Aug 20, 2017
Ersan:

grin cheesy grin grin cheesy wink smiley

I'm glad that you all finally admitted that you're nothing but obsessed impostors by dodging my simple question.

I'm sure it hurts you to know that "nairaland" is the only place where your delusions are tolerated. We're not your brothers and we will continue to pay you obsessed freaks dust.

It was fun but I'm done talking with self hating Nigerians grin .
Re: Ethnic Groups And Physical Appearance by Wulfruna(f): 6:19pm On Aug 20, 2017
Ersan:

Advice taken. grin

3 Likes

Re: Ethnic Groups And Physical Appearance by Fulaman198(m): 10:15pm On Aug 20, 2017
Wulfruna:

Name your country.

ROFLLLLL

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi Celebrates 25th Wedding Anniversary With Wife As They Cut Their Cake / Oyinbo Lady Speaks Nigerian Local Dialect And Cooks Our Dishes Better(video) / Ooni Ogunwusi And Gowon Worship At Cathedral Church Of Christ In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.