Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,329 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Prof Soyinka Has Said It All; Obj Should Be Probed. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof Soyinka Has Said It All; Obj Should Be Probed. (637 Views)

Buhari's Panel Reveals When Jonathan Can Be Probed / Amaechi And Prof Soyinka At The N82Million Dinner Party - Photos / Amaechi Spent N82million To Host Prof Soyinka To A Dinner - Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prof Soyinka Has Said It All; Obj Should Be Probed. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 11, 2015
The present anti corruption campaign of the new government will not be complete if some elder statesmen are not investigated. Ranging from the halliburton sleaze to the privatisation of national assets to mention but a few.
The erudite professor just gave us a tip of the iceberg in his interview that is currently trending on this forum.
https://www.nairaland.com/2517017/ribadu-later-realised-obasanjo-using

A part of it went like this: ....
Soyinka said that a leader dedicated to the fight against corruption should ensure that the agencies entrusted with the responsibility to fight the scourge were strengthened.

According to him, he told pioneer Chairman of the EFCC, Ribadu, that he was being used by Obasanjo but he did not believe it.

He stated that the former EFCC boss admitted to him when he was sent on exile in the UK that he did realise very late that OBJ was using him.

Soyinka stressed that it was imperative to remove the link between power and corruption in Nigeria.

He said, “Why should a President involve himself in what is already structurally established and dedicated to that purpose?

“I warned your former boss, Ribadu, I told him that, your task will be done when in the course of your investigation; you discover that the source of the problem is the very person who appointed you.

“He looked shocked a bit, and eventually he and I met in London, after he was removed and (the current Governor of Kaduna State Mallam Nasir) el-Rufai was also in exile after they tried to kill him. We met and Ribadu refused to sit down. I asked him to sit but he said no, that until I accepted his apology, he won’t sit down. I asked what apology? And he said ‘I should have listened to you. I failed to listen to you.

“Something you have said to me and I failed to listen’ Ribadu admitted that he realised very late that Obasanjo was using him.

“So we have to destroy that link between power and corruption. Audu Ogbeh confirmed what I am telling you. Then, it was ‘go after this one, go after that one, ahh you did not arrest him? Arrest his mother! I am challenging Obasanjo to deny it.

So, when you are looking for corruption, you should look at the entire stratum of the society, while some forms of corruption are direct, others are indirect.

1 Like

Re: Prof Soyinka Has Said It All; Obj Should Be Probed. by Hawlahscho(m): 1:37pm On Aug 11, 2015
Re: Prof Soyinka Has Said It All; Obj Should Be Probed. by frankay430(m): 1:38pm On Aug 11, 2015
cum and probe him na
Re: Prof Soyinka Has Said It All; Obj Should Be Probed. by ELTON123(m): 1:40pm On Aug 11, 2015
Re: Prof Soyinka Has Said It All; Obj Should Be Probed. by feemi: 1:47pm On Aug 11, 2015
udordike:
The present anti corruption campaign of the new government will not be complete if some elder statesmen are not investigated. Ranging from the halliburton sleaze to the privatisation of national assets to mention but a few.
The erudite professor just gave us a tip of the iceberg in his interview that is currently trending on this forum.
https://www.nairaland.com/2517017/ribadu-later-realised-obasanjo-using

A part of it went like this: ....
Soyinka said that a leader dedicated to the fight against corruption should ensure that the agencies entrusted with the responsibility to fight the scourge were strengthened.

According to him, he told pioneer Chairman of the EFCC, Ribadu, that he was being used by Obasanjo but he did not believe it.

He stated that the former EFCC boss admitted to him when he was sent on exile in the UK that he did realise very late that OBJ was using him.

Soyinka stressed that it was imperative to remove the link between power and corruption in Nigeria.

He said, “Why should a President involve himself in what is already structurally established and dedicated to that purpose?

“I warned your former boss, Ribadu, I told him that, your task will be done when in the course of your investigation; you discover that the source of the problem is the very person who appointed you.

“He looked shocked a bit, and eventually he and I met in London, after he was removed and (the current Governor of Kaduna State Mallam Nasir) el-Rufai was also in exile after they tried to kill him. We met and Ribadu refused to sit down. I asked him to sit but he said no, that until I accepted his apology, he won’t sit down. I asked what apology? And he said ‘I should have listened to you. I failed to listen to you.

“Something you have said to me and I failed to listen’ Ribadu admitted that he realised very late that Obasanjo was using him.

“So we have to destroy that link between power and corruption. Audu Ogbeh confirmed what I am telling you. Then, it was ‘go after this one, go after that one, ahh you did not arrest him? Arrest his mother! I am challenging Obasanjo to deny it.

So, when you are looking for corruption, you should look at the entire stratum of the society, while some forms of corruption are direct, others are indirect.

Obj just forgot a popular saying that when you point a person with one finger, the remaining four are pointing at you.
His failed third tenure amBition and the billions of nigerian money that went down the drain with that has not been forgotten as well. He help to enshrine corruption into our democratic era, he is not and never a saint.

1 Like

Re: Prof Soyinka Has Said It All; Obj Should Be Probed. by feemi: 2:02pm On Aug 11, 2015
frankay430:
cum and probe him na

So he cannot be probed if cannot account for abacha's loot that was repatriated to his government.
Some people have been taken ewedu ati amala that they now think with their anuses.
Let's continue to watch PMB, I pray he heals that which has been dealling with us the poor masses in this our beloved country.

1 Like

Re: Prof Soyinka Has Said It All; Obj Should Be Probed. by hinwazaka: 2:05pm On Aug 11, 2015
The conduct and character of both men in recent times is an aberration to the status they both claim to have attained. Engaging in petty attacks and squabbling on the pages of newspapers is unbecoming of a statesman and respected elder in the community. The problem with both men is the fact that they are entirely alike. They are both selfish, inconsiderate, unethical, egotistic, narcissistic, arrogant and downright ridiculous. They both need to speak less and appear to do more. Because right now they are acting like market women

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof Soyinka Has Said It All; Obj Should Be Probed. by KanwuliaJara: 2:07pm On Aug 11, 2015
Now we are TOKING!
Someone PASS MY THE BOOOOZE!!!!! grin

As for RIBADU? Karma has taken care of "it"! grin
Back to political irrelevance for ever!!!!
Ibori dey LAFF LAST!!!!!! cheesy

(1) (Reply)

FG Designates 6 Hospitals As Oncology Centres Of Excellence / Buhari Goes After Jonathan’s Men For Fg’s Looted Assets / Paed0philia 'culturally Accepted In South Afghanistan'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.