Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,932 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

Anthony Oke Bus-Stop Is No Longer A Bus-Stop? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anthony Oke Bus-Stop Is No Longer A Bus-Stop? (2596 Views)

Okija Shrine: No Longer A Bee-hive Of Activities For Politicians (photos) / Securing A 2nd Term In Office Is No Longer A Birth Right – Obasanjo Tells Buhari / Ijaye Bus-Stop Is No Entry: New Trap For Lagos Motorists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anthony Oke Bus-Stop Is No Longer A Bus-Stop? by aimans: 2:02pm On Mar 23, 2009
Beware Lagos Motorist Anthony Oke Bus Stop Is Not A Bus Stop-says Fashola's Corp

Fellow Lagosians, let me use this medium to inform you that a popular Bus Stop at Anthony village called Anthony Oke is no more a bus stop. This was said by a LASTMA officer & his co-worker (Omage Ewanle with Mopol No: 430584) when a private bus was arrested @ the bus stop in morning of last saturday (21/03/09). The LASTMA officer pulled off his uniform so that he can not be identified while the mopol hided some where in the course  of their arrest. Asking them to justify the arrest, they said "there in no bus stop @ Anthony Oke".

Surprisingly, commercial buses pupolarlly known as Danfo are all stopping to drop & carry passengers without being arrested. It was so obvious that these LASTMA agents have been settled by the Danfo drivers. They later drove the private bus to their office in Oshodi where the driver settled them with "SOMETHING".

On this incident, I would like to ask the following questions:
1. When was Anthony Oke bus stop becomes a place where vehicles are not allowed to stop?
2. Why would LASTMA schedule their arrest to saturday @ the bus stop & not during the week-days, when there will be alots of vehicles to be arrested?
3. Is it allowed within the law that governs LASTMA for its officers to operate without being in uniform?
4. And finally, when are we going to be off from the abitrary use of power?

Eko oni baje o!

1 Like

Re: Anthony Oke Bus-Stop Is No Longer A Bus-Stop? by viperman: 3:36pm On Mar 23, 2009
I love this that you did. If these corrupt officials are not publicly disgraced they wont stop their misbehavior.
I'm even thinking of creating a website where people will be uploading hidden camera pics or videos of police, mopol and lastma officials collecting bribe.
That will keep them in check a bit.
Re: Anthony Oke Bus-Stop Is No Longer A Bus-Stop? by Carlosein(m): 3:54pm On Mar 23, 2009
aimans:

Beware Lagos Motorist Anthony Oke Bus Stop Is Not A Bus Stop-says Fashola's Corp

Fellow Lagosians, let me use this medium to inform you that a popular Bus Stop at Anthony village called Anthony Oke is no more a bus stop. This was said by a LASTMA officer & his co-worker (Omage Ewanle with Mopol No: 430584) when a private bus was arrested @ the bus stop in morning of last saturday (21/03/09). The LASTMA officer pulled off his uniform so that he can not be identified while the mopol hided some where in the course  of their arrest. Asking them to justify the arrest, they said "there in no bus stop @ Anthony Oke".

Surprisingly, commercial buses pupolarlly known as Danfo are all stopping to drop & carry passengers without being arrested. It was so obvious that these LASTMA agents have been settled by the Danfo drivers. They later drove the private bus to their office in Oshodi where the driver settled them with "SOMETHING".

On this incident, I would like to ask the following questions:
1. When was Anthony Oke bus stop becomes a place where vehicles are not allowed to stop?
2. Why would LASTMA schedule their arrest to saturday @ the bus stop & not during the week-days, when there will be alots of vehicles to be arrested?
3. Is it allowed within the law that governs LASTMA for its officers to operate without being in uniform?
4. And finally, when are we going to be off from the abitrary use of power?

Eko oni baje o!

omo, yawa don gas!!!
Re: Anthony Oke Bus-Stop Is No Longer A Bus-Stop? by favcom(m): 4:00pm On Mar 23, 2009
I still pass that bus-stop this morning and no one harrased me wink
Re: Anthony Oke Bus-Stop Is No Longer A Bus-Stop? by slyk2(m): 4:23pm On Mar 23, 2009
taa-ta-fooooooooooo!
Re: Anthony Oke Bus-Stop Is No Longer A Bus-Stop? by aimans: 5:34pm On Mar 23, 2009
Viperman, pls go ahead and do that. It will put them on check a bit.
Re: Anthony Oke Bus-Stop Is No Longer A Bus-Stop? by dwonder(m): 6:25pm On Mar 23, 2009
Re: Anthony Oke Bus-Stop Is No Longer A Bus-Stop? by walesmann: 7:28pm On Mar 23, 2009
this is a story about an atm fraudster , we need to catch the guy . please circulate
Re: Anthony Oke Bus-Stop Is No Longer A Bus-Stop? by sleekp1: 11:46am On Mar 24, 2009
dwonder:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=244161.msg3559554#msg3559554

What has your GW Bush topic to do with naija?
Re: Anthony Oke Bus-Stop Is No Longer A Bus-Stop? by deor03(m): 6:25pm On Mar 24, 2009
viperman:

I love this that you did. If these corrupt officials are not publicly disgraced they wont stop their misbehavior.
I'm even thinking of creating a website where people will be uploading hidden camera pics or videos of police, mopol and lastma officials collecting bribe.
That will keep them in check a bit.

Please how soon are you starting this. We need to help ourselves,

N.B
The naval guys will have gone free if NOT for the video recordings.
Re: Anthony Oke Bus-Stop Is No Longer A Bus-Stop? by Mustay(m): 2:15pm On Mar 26, 2009
What would be the duty of CCTV Lagos state government wants to install?

Same purpose.
Re: Anthony Oke Bus-Stop Is No Longer A Bus-Stop? by agabaI23(m): 9:49pm On Mar 27, 2009
The CCTV footages will not be available for public view. The website will be there for any akara seller to look into
Re: Anthony Oke Bus-Stop Is No Longer A Bus-Stop? by abes(m): 2:21pm On Mar 28, 2009
We can create a special thread for picture posting in the crime section on NL. Lets start from there until we have a dedicated website.
Re: Anthony Oke Bus-Stop Is No Longer A Bus-Stop? by lexdino: 10:20am On Mar 29, 2009
Uploading pictures depicting our policemen collecting "kola"? hmmmmm, good.
Re: Anthony Oke Bus-Stop Is No Longer A Bus-Stop? by Christino(m): 12:56pm On Mar 31, 2009
I'm interested o! Big time, infact, I'm compiling a long report on similar issues. Read: http://www.LagosMet.com/blog.

As for pictures, the only problem i have is the hosting of pictures and people linking to it without reference. I use watermarking so that even if you link and use up my bandwidth, I have no problem. If no one volunteers, then I'll dedicate a sub domain, e.g. /reality to this cause.

For videos however, the best places are youtube - facebook - dailymotion - esnips e.t.c.
Re: Anthony Oke Bus-Stop Is No Longer A Bus-Stop? by Christino(m): 1:47pm On Mar 31, 2009
I'm interested o! Big time, infact, I'm compiling a long report on similar issues. Read: http://www.LagosMet.com/blog.

As for pictures, the only problem i have is the hosting of pictures and people linking to it without reference. I use watermarking so that even if you link and use up my bandwidth, I have no problem. If no one volunteers, then I'll dedicate a sub domain, e.g. /reality to this cause.

http://lagosmet.com/blog/2009/03/nigeria-lagos-police-frsc-viu-lastma-ka/

For videos however, the best places are youtube - facebook - dailymotion - esnips e.t.c.
Re: Anthony Oke Bus-Stop Is No Longer A Bus-Stop? by angel101(f): 3:14pm On Mar 31, 2009
hmm, interesting! I'm all for it
Re: Anthony Oke Bus-Stop Is No Longer A Bus-Stop? by 4real(m): 11:38am On Apr 02, 2009
ok guys if you guys are for real i will do the domain and web hosting, don't worry for now i think that i have about 20gb of space to play around with so what will be the name of the website and who will design it i really hope you guys are not joking oh, cause if we come up with a domain name today it will be up the next day the site i mean

(1) (Reply)

Former President Of Nigeria - Umaru Musa Yar'adua's Legacy - BBC / Meet The Men Behind The New Aviation College / The Jonathan Disaster: Hard Facts Vs. Sentiments – By Frisky Larr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.