Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Bode George Was Right On The Selection Of The New Ooni Of Ife - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bode George Was Right On The Selection Of The New Ooni Of Ife (915 Views)

PDP Chairmanship: Bode George, Agbaje Divide Governors / Saraki, Atiku, Others Are Tenants In APC – Bode George / Buhari's Article: Buhari Was Right On Obama's Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bode George Was Right On The Selection Of The New Ooni Of Ife by emmasege: 5:08pm On Aug 11, 2015
Although political undertone may easily be read from George's assertion on the selection of the new ooni, it's still important to realize some elements of truth in what he said. After all, no one throws away a baby with its bath water.
The choice of certain traditional rulers could be influenced by politics, but some should be a no-go area for politicians of all divide. The choice of oba of lagos may be politically influenced as it is of no great significance to the Yoruba culture & heritage, but the traditional stool of Ooni as the most revered in our Yoruba land should not be politicized. An attempt to politicize the selection could spell doom for our culture.
The new Ooni must be a father to all Yoruba sons & daughters, irrespective of sectoral differences.
O'odua a gbe wa o!
Re: Bode George Was Right On The Selection Of The New Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 11, 2015
True talk! Baba asiwaju should allow them select their king! He musnt be involved in everything

1 Like

Re: Bode George Was Right On The Selection Of The New Ooni Of Ife by Ciscogod(m): 6:13pm On Aug 11, 2015
My brother, it will be hard to get a technocrat as the new ooni. It will work both ways, its either the person belong to APC or the person belong to PDP.

The late ooni was a supporter of PDP. He owns the highest stake in RCC.
It has always been political. Its not the first time and won't also be the last.

If either tinubu wins or bode George wins.
Re: Bode George Was Right On The Selection Of The New Ooni Of Ife by 7lives: 7:27pm On Aug 11, 2015
Ciscogod:
My brother, it will be hard to get a technocrat as the new ooni. It will work both ways, its either the person belong to APC or the person belong to PDP.

The late ooni was a supporter of PDP. He owns the highest stake in RCC.
It has always been political. Its not the first time and won't also be the last.

If either tinubu wins or bode George wins.

Don't mind Bode George, Awolowo influence Sijuade's selection and everyone was aware of it, much as i wouldn't want Tinubu's involvement in this new Ooni's selection, Bode George cannot dictate to Tinubu, everyone is aware of this too.
Re: Bode George Was Right On The Selection Of The New Ooni Of Ife by Ciscogod(m): 7:59pm On Aug 11, 2015
7lives:

Don't mind Bode George, Awolowo influence Sijuade's selection and everyone was aware of it, much as i wouldn't want Tinubu's involvement in this new Ooni's selection, Bode George cannot dictate to Tinubu, everyone is aware of this too.

My bro, we are saying the same thing. It will be hard to get a technocrat as public figure. It will be influenced.
Aregbe preferred candidate will emerge as new Ooni.
Just as we just saw in ekiti. The ogoga of ikere is fayose preferred candidate.

(1) (Reply)

I Still Miss Abiola, Says IBB @ 74 / We’ll Defeat Fayose Without Federal Might- Ex- Speaker / [PHOTO] Patience Jonathan Refuses To Use Buhari's Portrait In Her Yenagoa Hotel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.