Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,967 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

What Happened To National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Happened To National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)? (1997 Views)

FG Registration Of Unemployed Citizens: What You Need To Know (Screenshots) / FG Begins Online Registration Of Unemployed Youths / FG Begins Online Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened To National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 11, 2015
www.nairaland.com/1390376/national-association-unemployed-graduates-naug

Well, the above link reminds us of an association that was formed sometimes ago to supposedly be in favour of the countless unemployed graduates in the country roaming the street with no obvious direction. The association was piloted by one ehixking? We have not heard of such movement anymore. This however leaves us to ask some questions concerning the whereabout of the association which primarily was to salvage the pathetic situation of unemployed graduates across the states of the federation. Well, possibly, the Nigerian factor must've taken its course on the purported group. The pioneers must've been invited to L.G.A headquarter, government house or possibly house of assembly complex to wine and dine with the Ogas on same table which they later left with some brown envelopes and that was the end of the story....the Nigeria factor. No wonder people were emphatically criticising that the group would not see the light of the day, and behold, they were right.

Not like i care though but was suddenly bumped into the thread and i thought to bring it to our reminder.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)? by Aitee1: 7:13pm On Aug 11, 2015
sad sad sad
Re: What Happened To National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)? by AdeniyiA(m): 7:50pm On Aug 11, 2015
Simply "kill" the shepherd and the flock will scatter...

Nigeria factor has come into play as you correctly pointed out, such association is a big headache to corrupt politicians who would do anything to nip their activities in the bud... But a time is coming ... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: What Happened To National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 11, 2015
AdeniyiA:
Simply "kill" the shepherd and the flock will scatter...

Nigeria factor has come into play as you correctly pointed out, such association is a big headache to corrupt politicians who would do anything to nip their activities in the bud... But a time is coming ... lipsrsealed

Most definitely. Ehixking must've collected at least small percentage of the national cake and boom, he zoomed off. Na real Naija freedom fighter be that.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 11, 2015
Aitee1:
sad sad sad
U na wetin? Why u dey follow me up and down?
Come o, Na Uyo abi na Ik u dey?
Re: What Happened To National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)? by jashar(f): 7:27am On Aug 12, 2015
they got jobs and abandoned ship
Re: What Happened To National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)? by In4matic: 7:38am On Aug 12, 2015
Sorry for your pessimism. The likes of you who have sound intellectual capabilities yet refused to put in your quota to the young mans effots at improving the lot of the Nigerian graduate is thE reason responsible for the groups seeming silence. When they were going round the country recruiting members, granting interviews and churning out developmental plans guys like you sit on your haunches, doing armchair analysis. He has done what you could not do, the least you can do is show some respect. By the way, who told you its dead?
Re: What Happened To National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)? by UlqU3(m): 8:22am On Aug 12, 2015
The head must've gotten a job.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)? by Aitee1: 11:00am On Aug 12, 2015
RedBenson:

U na wetin? Why u dey follow me up and down?

Come o, Na Uyo abi na Ik u dey?

Calabar tongue
Re: What Happened To National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 13, 2015
Aitee1:

Calabar tongue
Since when u dey Calabar? I for don straff u since naw.
Re: What Happened To National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)? by mubarak001(m): 3:33pm On Aug 14, 2015
so, what is the intent behind the resurrection of the thread again?
Re: What Happened To National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)? by onioladele(m): 9:32am On Sep 16, 2015
I must first say a very big thank you to the writer of this piece, I see it as a catalyst to open the eyes of many that have been sleeping with their eyes closed.
Nevertheless, it is also important to inform for sake of clarity so as not to mislead many that are quick to come to conclusion that the factor that the writer missed out here is concentrated information and unfortunately when man is misinformed , he will be deformed .
I repeat again, for the sake of clarity, the association have not been sleeping to ensure ends meet. And in our efforts, more states have been inaugurated to get to the grassroot, The Executives have refused to privately get any offer but make it public in accordance to our mission statement.
for the writer and many that are not social media friendly , let meet quickly say this that series of meeting have been conducted and minute is always made available on this platform.
You may not appreciate the Association effort not until you vehemently push your support around us to fight this common and generational enemy.
ANGAU P.R.O
com omowealth.
Re: What Happened To National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)? by ehixking(m): 11:24am On Sep 16, 2015
I sincerely wish all of you could understand our struggle....from the outside, all most people see is our weaknesses but they can't really see the pains.
An association built on the ground of honesty and truth, our incorruptible nature has never been compromised and I think am proud of that! We have never for once received funds from any individual, organization, political party or groups.

Just last week we our organization was able to get 10 slots for some of our member for better job opportunities at St. Augustin college in epe, lagos state.

Without support from anyone we've successfully inaugurated chapters and appeared on so many radio and TV stations. Please tell me what else to do.

We have organized meetings with stakeholders to find way to solve this problems but the government that's supposed to provide the enabling environment have been cripple after campaigning with funds from the government coffers.

Hope you all can remember when we tried the protestation strategy, those pointing fingers how many of you showed up?

What can the executives do on their own....

It's not been easy....but what else can we do

Even as the coordinator I have threatened to bail out several times, so many people left along the way.
Please if you feel you know or have an idea on how to go about it, let's meet in ibadan on the 26th of this month. That's our next meeting.

3 Likes

Re: What Happened To National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)? by 100Whykay(m): 6:21pm On Sep 16, 2015
@ OP, it's a shame that you were expecting the association to fail, pessimists like you is the reason there are no new victories to be won. Well, the association is not about Ehix neither is it about the national executives who have given their all for the movement even at the point of death, but for the hapless youths and over 40million unemployed and under employed Nigerian graduates.

The national executives have spent and been spent for the association. They have achieved a lot without collecting a kobo from any political, religious or traditional ruler as the case may be. Even during the last election when the pressure was much they refuse to compromise. Some of us were unconstitutionally questioned by the SSS, harassed, thrailed and our phone numbers monitored. At various town hall meetings with both the APC and PDP, our demand was very simple and plain: "An enabling environment for young aspiring entrepreneurs to thrive and creation of jobs, jobs and more jobs".

The association shall no longer be called NAUG but ANGAU(Association Of Nigerian Graduate Against Unemployment).
The association has since inaugurated state chapters in Lagos, Ogun, Oyo etc. We planned inaugurating Edo, Delta, Anambra, Abuja and Kogi state chapters this year but limited funds have made it very difficult for us.

To get regular update on the activities of ANGAU,
Follow us on facebook: facebook.com/naugnigeria
Twitter: @naijagraduates
Call: 07030717445, 08083536004, 08063141854

ANGAU: Together We Shall Win Through Absolute Victory!

1 Like

Re: What Happened To National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)? by Awolowo86: 9:42am On Sep 29, 2015
@ Omowealthy, I see you. . .
@ Ehiz, I see you too. . .
But perhaps choice of words should be more streamlined. . .
I sha see you sha. . .
Re: What Happened To National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)? by step16(m): 11:29am On Sep 29, 2015
Dem Don see job na, wetin concern person wey dey work with person wey dey find job, abi una want make dem sack dem. Lol
Re: What Happened To National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)? by kemtol(f): 3:01pm On Oct 17, 2015
Nigerian youth never ceazes to amaze me, @ op, u were called to join d baton, u refused. they went ahead doing their thing their way, u start to run mouth, haba.

ANGAU, is very much alive. and work is going on.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Post Cross River Jobs Here / 2 Sales Girl Need In Portharcourt / Very Very Neat Hp Probook Laptop @ 30k (lagos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.