Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Ooni Of Ife: Abobaku Allegedly On The Run - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ooni Of Ife: Abobaku Allegedly On The Run (1137 Views)

•hoodlums Shut Down Facility Allegedly On Iyaloja General’s Order / Boko Haram Terrorists On The Run Abandoning Foodstuffs And Vehicles (photos) / Oni Of Ife: Abobaku Must Be Buried Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ooni Of Ife: Abobaku Allegedly On The Run by CuteMaryJ: 5:02pm On Aug 12, 2015
The death of the Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade, has brought up many controversies.

First, there were disputes about whether he had really died, then disagreement over the curfew in the state and now the ‘Abobaku’. The Abobaku has reportedly run away after the death of the prestigious Oba. If the tweet below is to be believed, it means the final rites on behalfof the deceased Ooni of Ife might be stalled.

"Breaking: The Final burial rite for Late Oba Sijuade the Ooni of Ife, may be stalled as the “Abobaku” reportedly on the run. Story developing— Daily Alert Nigeria (@DailyAlertNg) August 11, 2015"

According to Yoruba tradition, a king does not die alone. His burial rites include being buried with other people. This is when an Abobaku comes into the picture. An Abobaku lives his life for the king and he is buried alongside the king. In the authentic tradition, just as there is a lineage that become king, there is also always a family dedicated to the ancient beliefof dying with the king. An Abobaku also enjoys great benefits while he is still alive.

As expected the Nigerian twitter interface has gone up the flames with a lot of Nigerians reacting to the incident. See some tweets after the cut:

“I, formerly known as Abobaku now wish to be known as Tanfeku (who wandie?). Ile-Ife kingmakers please take note” #Classified— Femi Longe (@femilonge) August 12, 2015"

"I tire o. Culture wiv shedding unnecessary blood sah “@tosinadeda: A dead king or oba is damn lifeless body, wt is all this abobaku madness?— Burnt Dodo (@toluzbaba) August 12, 2015"

"The bros can run to MFM prayer city or redeem camp. Not everytime fly jet. Sometimes deliver Abobaku’s life.— Ûgö (@Sir_Fin) August 12, 2015"

"We need to upgrade these gods that still require human sacrifices in 2015. I bet they haven’t tried pizza or shawarma. #Abobaku— B. (@zebbook) August 12, 2015"

"This has to be the funniest news today, Abobaku has absconded lol… to which I ask “Ta’n fe ku?” Who wants to die? pic.twitter.com/MepxCLizgE— Wale Gates (@walegates) August 12, 2015"

"The Abobaku will use his legs to go back to Ile Ife.. the Orunmilas in Ile Ife willforce him to come back— Demo Khaleel (@tkb417) August 12, 2015"

"Wait. 1. He wasnt forced to be Abobaku 2. He enjoyed d perks dat came with d office. 3. Now he doesnt want to die? Who forced him before?— AYOKUNLE Odekunle (@Oddy4real) August 12, 2015"

"So i read the Abobaku flee. Forget loyalty; If it were you, will you bobaku? AbobaFlex is the new cool.— Wale Adetona ® (@iSlimfit) August 12, 2015"

"If I were the Abobaku, I will by now be on an overloaded boat enroute Europe. Can’t come and go and die with Oba and neverwatch EPL again— HENRY Okelue (@4eyedmonk) August 12, 2015"

"You yoruba acting like you dont know about this abobaku stuff is cute. You didnt study in sec school? Yoruba history and all? Lol. Cute— Miss Thomas (@OmokhenieThomas) August 12, 2015"

{Source: http://9jatopaz..com/2015/08/ooni-of-ife-abobaku-allegedly-on-run.html}

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Abobaku Allegedly On The Run by boman2014: 5:03pm On Aug 12, 2015
wetin we no go hear
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Abobaku Allegedly On The Run by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 12, 2015
Not for sale
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Abobaku Allegedly On The Run by paulperry(m): 5:08pm On Aug 12, 2015
[s][/s][b][/b]LWKMD......
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Abobaku Allegedly On The Run by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 5:57pm On Aug 12, 2015
Honestly if na me.... Na Europe I go dey presently and I go change my name George Washington
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Abobaku Allegedly On The Run by bubbllie(m): 6:10pm On Aug 12, 2015
They have to get the C!A, FB! and every security agency around the world to find the punk. What effrontery!!! So after all the flexing in the palace, this nigga now wants to double cross the gods?? Abeg, don't kindle the wrath of Orunmila ooo. grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

We’ve Committed $2.2m To Second Niger Bridge – NSIA / Another Nigerian Shines In London / Photos: Traffic Lockdown As VP Osinbajo Visits Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.