Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,654 members, 7,827,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Who Is D Best Eto'o Or Drogba? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Is D Best Eto'o Or Drogba? (3453 Views)

Win The Cup For Us" - Drogba To Eagles / [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? / Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is D Best Eto'o Or Drogba? by mannyem(m): 4:15pm On Sep 29, 2006
who do yu think is the best african striker etoo or drogba or martins?
Re: Who Is D Best Eto'o Or Drogba? by IroroRoyal(f): 3:46am On Sep 30, 2006
eto'o fils,
Re: Who Is D Best Eto'o Or Drogba? by Akolawole(m): 4:29am On Sep 30, 2006
Samuel Etoo of course.

but if any team needs a workhaholic player, its Didier.
Re: Who Is D Best Eto'o Or Drogba? by passy: 4:24pm On Oct 07, 2006
massa!!!! eto'o is in the world class so Drogba is not even arround the class of eto'o. ecept in the Arican level where he can manage to measure up. all the same didier can can always make accidental goals at any moment. so that makes him not a bad player.
Re: Who Is D Best Eto'o Or Drogba? by sidnazious(m): 6:22pm On Oct 07, 2006
Omo!! eto'o is about the best striker in the World not 2 talk of africa, he has a very high affinity for goals, and a player of his class gives his team confidence,support and courage at all times so they go on winning. too bad he's going to miss most of the season cos of injury.

Eto is better than drogba clean and clear by all standards, Thats my view folks
Re: Who Is D Best Eto'o Or Drogba? by tosinadeda: 9:25pm On Oct 08, 2006
Put a drogba in barcelona he would b world class.but put an eto in chelsea,and see the bad side of him, eto is only lucky 2 play in a club where he is allowed to play wants, and gets good passes 4rm dinho,deco,guily etc, unlike drogba who is often called a defensive striker,cos he has to play what the coach wants, see what is happening2 shevi now
Re: Who Is D Best Eto'o Or Drogba? by LanreDaMan(m): 9:38pm On Oct 08, 2006
EToo is a better player and striker
Re: Who Is D Best Eto'o Or Drogba? by tosinadeda: 9:38pm On Oct 08, 2006
Put a drogba in barcelona he would b world class.but put an eto in chelsea,and see the bad side of him, eto is only lucky 2 play in a club where he is allowed to play wants, and gets good passes 4rm dinho,deco,guily etc, unlike drogba who is often called a defensive striker,cos he has to play what the coach wants, see what is happening2 shevi now
Re: Who Is D Best Eto'o Or Drogba? by tosinadeda: 9:40pm On Oct 08, 2006
Re: Who Is D Best Eto'o Or Drogba? by mukina2: 11:06pm On Oct 08, 2006
tosinadeda:

Put a drogba in barcelona he would b world class.but put an eto in chelsea,and see the bad side of him, eto is only lucky 2 play in a club where he is allowed to play wants, and gets good passes from dinho,deco,guily etc, unlike drogba who is often called a defensive striker,because he has to play what the coach wants, see what is happening2 shevi now

did you read ur post properly?

@topic Eto kiss
Re: Who Is D Best Eto'o Or Drogba? by tosinadeda: 10:49am On Oct 10, 2006
Really dnt understand u mukina2
Re: Who Is D Best Eto'o Or Drogba? by tosinadeda: 10:49am On Oct 10, 2006
Really dnt understand u mukina2
Re: Who Is D Best Eto'o Or Drogba? by strongest(m): 4:31pm On Oct 18, 2006
As a chelsea fan I have to be objective here Samuel Eto'o Fils is high and above Drogba but looking at Drogba's recent form and play style of defending and scoring at the same time is second to non in Europe but all said and done Eto'o is the best
Re: Who Is D Best Eto'o Or Drogba? by yemmydavid(m): 8:39pm On Oct 18, 2006
ETO, ETO, ETO,
Drogba is still has so much to learn frm eto
Re: Who Is D Best Eto'o Or Drogba? by ayinla2005: 10:32am On Oct 19, 2006
sentiment apart its drogba.even rijkaad acknowledge this "Drogba is the difference btw barca and chelsea" so be realistic drogba is the man of the moment and u aint see nothing yet,eto`o is dead ( rip ).Africa footballer of the year belongs to non but drogba. grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Is D Best Eto'o Or Drogba? by sucess001(m): 2:52pm On Oct 20, 2006
lets analyse, with eto being rated the third best player in the world and being the only striker amongst the three(ronnie, lampard and etoo), it means one thing, winning the pichichi last season(with 26 goals), means one thing, winning the best forward award in europe(beating henry and ronnie) only means one thing, currently, etoo is the best striker in the world!!!chikena! so how does drogba come into the issue?
Re: Who Is D Best Eto'o Or Drogba? by ogidz: 4:39pm On Oct 20, 2006
I honestly think Eto'o is better than Drogba but let's put in some yard sticks and broaden our criticism. If I had a star studded squad and i need someone just to poach for goals I will pick Eto'o over Drogba but on the contrary if I have a low profile team and still need to do the damage I will most def go for Drogba.I also think Drogba will perform in any team he finds himself in but i cannot say the same thing about Eto'o.Let's be frank Eto'o is better at scoring goals.Eto'o can be outshone by his team mates in most teams(Barcelona, cameroon etc) he plays for but he still does his job of scoring goals.On the other hand Drogba is not often outshone by his team mates (Chelsea, Ivory coast), rather he enforces a form of responsibility on himself to do the scoring. These are different attitudes about these players I want us to consider.I think Eto'o is spectacular but I also think I have seen all of Eto'o.It's likely there's is nothing new except a few spectacles here and there but you must agree with me that Drogba is now in a class of his own.He now scores goals with reckless abandon and magnificent goals too.A good point to note is also the consistency at which he scores these great goals. If Eto'o is better than Drogba then i'm sure we can all say that drogba is not far behind him at all.Eto'o is a typical striker (one of the best pure strikers in the world) an adaptation that is hardly used in modern football - that's why he needs very good players around him or a type of free flowing fluent kind of football (not the type of games played by Chelsea).See how much they miss him in Barca now. He is known for his quick pace and agility on the ball and an ability to score equally well with both feet as well as his head. His style of play is characteristically daring and he often runs at defenders and goalkeepers with total confidence in his ability to get the ball past them. Because of his slight frame, Eto'o relies on nimbleness and timing rather than strength to score, and he frequently scores on the first touch after running onto well-placed through balls. Drogba scored nine goals in eight qualifying games en route Germany 2006 - statistically one of the best records in international football.Drogba does not have a particular way he comes at defences of opponents - He does it anyhow. I will like to end with this note: Eto'o is a pure striker while Drogba is a forward. Eto'o is a normal team member while Drogba is a leader(u will make him a captain b4 Eto'o). Eto'o is sleek and non-physical while Drogba is robust and very physical. The comparism goes on and on
Re: Who Is D Best Eto'o Or Drogba? by abiodunade(m): 5:09pm On Oct 20, 2006
drobga is far beta than eto'o
Re: Who Is D Best Eto'o Or Drogba? by Echidime(m): 6:29pm On Feb 28, 2007
How can you ever compare ETO'O with Drogba are you blind?
Re: Who Is D Best Eto'o Or Drogba? by kitaun(m): 7:10pm On Feb 28, 2007
Yeah, they are blind! But Drogba would in the next 24hrs be African footballer of d yr, anyone wanna bet?
Re: Who Is D Best Eto'o Or Drogba? by star01(m): 7:17pm On Feb 28, 2007
wanna bet wiv ur soul?
Re: Who Is D Best Eto'o Or Drogba? by kitaun(m): 7:29pm On Feb 28, 2007
Ignored
Re: Who Is D Best Eto'o Or Drogba? by star01(m): 10:04pm On Feb 28, 2007
hisses

(1) (Reply)

Moment Kim Jong Un's Sister Arrives South Korea For The Winter Olympics(Photos) / Tennis: Masters Series! / Killing The Bookies Since 1801

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.