Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,585 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Nokia 5800 Xpress Musiv Vs Samsung I900 Omnia - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia 5800 Xpress Musiv Vs Samsung I900 Omnia (4827 Views)

Gloflat Configuration Settings For My Omnia. . .how? / Exclusive S60v5 5800 N97 Apps / Download All Games For S60v5 5800 N97 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia 5800 Xpress Musiv Vs Samsung I900 Omnia by ExInferis(m): 5:58pm On Apr 02, 2009
thegame:

Emails is what made the blackberry its name today just as ease of use made nokia its rep. On this case, i wouldnt get a blackberry with an e71 sitting next to it. C'mon, we jst want the basic tasks.wat the hell is my biz with push and unpush.my email is just retrievable whenever i log on to yahoo or gmail.i think that is cool with me so far.
I think i will have to try some other phone os also like the touchscreen microsofts but i jst get scared of touchscreens and find comfort in traditional buttons. Is it just me or what?in the meantym, my e71 rocks

funny you mention ease of use and still think push technology is not your cup of tea. push email makes email easy, no need to log on.
Re: Nokia 5800 Xpress Musiv Vs Samsung I900 Omnia by thegame(m): 6:13pm On Apr 02, 2009
Well, i never for once rily thot i shd knw the meaning of push email. Wel, if thats it,thanks. I know i just go in without havin to re-log in.neva had an idea thats d meaning.just thot it has to do wit cookies and sessions cheesy
Funny enuf, its been rily cool. Not knowing ant gud but at the same time, u cant knw everythin now.
Re: Nokia 5800 Xpress Musiv Vs Samsung I900 Omnia by ExInferis(m): 8:01am On Apr 03, 2009
true, even wikipedia doesnt contain EVERYTHING. but still, when a new word is bandied about carelessly in a forum it makes good sense to look it up. it gives you good grounds to argue and make your opinions solid.

something Flyuche just cant do. he cant afford to burn the few calories he has. grin

anyway, PUSH technology constantly monitors your mail box and immediately "pushes" your mails to your device the instant the mails arrive in realtime (like in Exchange, BlackBerry Enterprise Server etc).

FETCH, which most people use for Gmail and other POP mail services (also used in Yahoo Go) is scheduled mail delivery where the client on your device checks for new mails based on time schedule (ie "check inbox every 15 minutes" etc) and either notifies you of the new mails so you download at your convenience, or downloads the mails and then notify you, depending on how you chose your poison.

so there you have it; PUSH "pushes" mails automatically the second they arrive, FETCH fetches based on time schedule.

obviously PUSH falls under ease of use, and is what Blackberrys are known for. just about every other phone can do Fetch.
Re: Nokia 5800 Xpress Musiv Vs Samsung I900 Omnia by ExInferis(m): 1:11pm On Apr 03, 2009
@Texazz

here are a few things you might find interesting courtesy of RipDev (the team behind installer).

1. JuiceDrop: drag and drop files to iphone via USB direct, no need for wifi. windows and mac.

2. InstallerApp: desktop client version of Installer allowing you to install apps via USB connected to PC. Mac only (yay! Get a Mac)

3. Icy: lightweight efficient alternative to Cydia and Installer. extremely fast refreshes of repo sources.

Re: Nokia 5800 Xpress Musiv Vs Samsung I900 Omnia by flyuche(m): 1:50pm On Apr 03, 2009
is this now an iphone thread?
Re: Nokia 5800 Xpress Musiv Vs Samsung I900 Omnia by Juror: 11:20am On Apr 06, 2009
chinko-s cool
Re: Nokia 5800 Xpress Musiv Vs Samsung I900 Omnia by thegame(m): 12:32am On Apr 07, 2009
just stay off the ihpone no matter what inferis thinks,
Re: Nokia 5800 Xpress Musiv Vs Samsung I900 Omnia by texazzpete(m): 10:31am On Apr 07, 2009
thegame:

Yeah, stay off this ihpone. Do like i did and get and iPhone instead grin
Re: Nokia 5800 Xpress Musiv Vs Samsung I900 Omnia by ExInferis(m): 12:15pm On Apr 07, 2009
thegame:

dude, it aint what i SAY that gets anyone buying anything, most of what i say on the iphone is directed towards people who already own one.

you can keep your cherished E71 or whatever till hell freezes over, it only implies you love status quo, rehashes and are resistant to change. like i keep saying, when Nokia does something-anything-remotely interesting about its interface, apps, gaming etc i may reconsider. for now, im content sitting back and watching dumb nitwits make poor choices based on hype and overfamiliarity.

Nokia can change themes and update a few icons but deep down symbian is dated, outdated and out featured.
Re: Nokia 5800 Xpress Musiv Vs Samsung I900 Omnia by thegame(m): 12:27pm On Apr 07, 2009
I am bored of symbian.no doubt. But iphone is not for those that want something apart from symbian.its only gonna make them go for more stupid symbian nokias. What rily pisses me off is the bluetooth and music. I cant send or receive thru bt,, i cant get songs xcept thru sync, hen also 2 megapixel camera for that amount.that is bulls h i t.
Nokias got the best design rite now,tho repitition.which other ffone rite now is beta.check out the new keybord designs of upcoming phones like e75, 5730, n97.
Bytheway,whats the blackberry storm got to offer?
Re: Nokia 5800 Xpress Musiv Vs Samsung I900 Omnia by texazzpete(m): 4:17pm On Apr 07, 2009
thegame:

I am bored of symbian.no doubt. But iphone is not for those that want something apart from symbian.its only gonna make them go for more stupid symbian nokias.

Try speaking for yourself only for a change grin

thegame:

What rily pisses me off is the bluetooth and music. I cant send or receive thru bt,, i cant get songs xcept thru sync, hen also 2 megapixel camera for that amount.that is bulls h i t.

Is syncing really that stressful for you? Whip out your laptop and plug the darn thing in! It is extremely strange to see someone complain about the Multimedia aspects of the iPhone.
the bluetooth is a real downer, but it's not essential for me. It depends on you, though. As for me, the need for bluetooth file transfer hardly arises. I'm much too old now to monkey around exchanging ringtones and wallpapers.

With the iPhone, it's more of the Pros outweighing the Cons.

How many people above 20 do you know that still take photos with their camera phones? And why, really, is 2 MP inadequate for basic photography? get a cheap digital camera and stop being fooled by the megapixel stickers on the back of phones.

thegame:

Nokias got the best design rite now,tho repitition.which other ffone rite now is beta.check out the new keybord designs of upcoming phones like e75, 5730, n97.
Bytheway,whats the blackberry storm got to offer?

I disagree. The N-series are known for their boring, industrial designs. In contrast the iPhone has won numerous design awards. And don't even get me started on the keypad. Have you ever used a HTC slider phone before?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Iphone Oem? / Iphone 12 Pro Max Vs Tecno Phantom X Camera Comparison / MTN 5G Speed Test On My Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.