Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Gloflat Configuration Settings For My Omnia. . .how? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gloflat Configuration Settings For My Omnia. . .how? (12064 Views)

Opera Mini 4.2 Configuration|settings / Mtn Configuration Settings For Nokia 6233 / MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gloflat Configuration Settings For My Omnia. . .how? by freshp(m): 1:59pm On Apr 20, 2011
@All

Please i want to know how to go about configuring my Omnia I900 for browsing on the glo n/w using the gloflat settings.
i was browsing on the network using the glowap/glogwap setting with the resulting proxy setting that come along with it.

i later decided to subscribe to one of their data bundle and i sent 13 to 127.
the resulting reply was that i have subscribed to the always max and that my bundle will become active when i connect.
fine i decided to browse that day and to my surprise the little 300 naira left on my phone was exhausted.

in anger i wrote to their customer care and reply given to me was that i can only subscribe to such bundles using their usb stick. . . . . now my 1000 naira is hanging somewhere.

It was when i now read through one of the threads in this forum that i was made to realise that i had to be on the gloflat setting.

This is why i had to ask the gurus of the forum to please guide me on how to go about inputting the gloflat settings on my samsung I900 phone.

BTW
i recently upgraded my phone from WM6.1 to WM6.5 and was somehow able to still connect with the old setting[glogwap] using opera mini-internet explorer did not connect.

i hope that someone out there will her my plea and help me.
Re: Gloflat Configuration Settings For My Omnia. . .how? by naijatoday: 8:36pm On Apr 21, 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-553710.0.html

hope this helps or hopefully someone that knows can help
Re: Gloflat Configuration Settings For My Omnia. . .how? by lynxnoon(m): 9:28pm On Apr 21, 2011
@poster
change settings to:
apn : 'gloflat'
username and password : 'flat'
cheers wink
Re: Gloflat Configuration Settings For My Omnia. . .how? by freshp(m): 11:28pm On Apr 21, 2011
@lynxnoon and naijatoday,

thanks guys i almost thot that i wont get any replies o. smiley

i will try what you guys have suggested.

1nce again thanks grin
Re: Gloflat Configuration Settings For My Omnia. . .how? by freshp(m): 12:09am On Apr 22, 2011
@lynxnoon and naijatoday
@All,
well i tried using the gloflat settings but the error i get is this:

first it says connecting to glo1 (the name i gave the connection)
then this:
"cannot connect for unknown reasons,check your connection setting and change them if needed,tap settings.If the problem continues reset your mobile device according to your manufacturer's documentation and try again"

is it that my 1k is gone or what ? cos i was told [then] that it will b'come active when i connect.
do i have to load another 1k2(just to have 200naira extra) before trying again.

i really need a solution.
Re: Gloflat Configuration Settings For My Omnia. . .how? by lynxnoon(m): 1:23am On Apr 22, 2011
@fresh
i forgot to add. . . . u need to have some credit on ur line. . at least like #100 (don't worry it wont be deducted)
then switch off ur fone n put it on again. . . it should start browsing
lets know how it goes
cheers wink
Re: Gloflat Configuration Settings For My Omnia. . .how? by freshp(m): 8:54am On Apr 22, 2011
@lynxnoon,
as @ the time i tried it yesterday,that was around 11.30 pm, i still had about 340 naira credit on my phone.i have since decided that the initial 1k i used the 1st time is gone.
my plan is to load another 1k today this morning then try it again. . .if the thing no work i swear i go fight glo o o o.
one other thing I'm suspecting is that i may not be doing process rightly.
Please anyone who has once used an omnia or still using one. . .kindly help a brother.there are usually two fields there when you go to "connections>settings.
each of them have:
-add a new modem connection
-add a new vpn server connection
-setup my proxy server
-manage existing connection.

What i want to know is do i set the two of them with the gloflat setting. I'm just confused.and i cant seem to find a manual anywhere. . .i love this phone to bits and i need to get it to work.
Thanks all once again.
Re: Gloflat Configuration Settings For My Omnia. . .how? by lynxnoon(m): 10:31pm On Apr 22, 2011
@fresh
i'd advice u not to go ahead to suscribe to anoda data plan cos it wont work since u r already on a data plan.
i suggest u check manage existing connections and edit any of d apns. . . . . . .dont boda tempering wit vpn or proxy settings
cheers wink
Re: Gloflat Configuration Settings For My Omnia. . .how? by freshp(m): 2:11pm On Apr 23, 2011
@lynxnoon,
Thanks once again for the brotherly assistance you've been giving me.
i will still try. . .cos i already did what you have suggested without success.

@All
do we have any glo employee here to give a brother some help? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Gloflat Configuration Settings For My Omnia. . .how? by lynxnoon(m): 10:18pm On Apr 23, 2011
@fresh
ok no probs,
u knw wat?. . . . y dont u insert a mtn sim n wait for d settings to come in or send 'SETTINGS' to 3888 n den try to locate where its saved on d fone; from dere u can edit it to glo's gloflat settings

dont boda waiting for any help frm glo cc dey dont knw JACK!!!
cheers wink
Re: Gloflat Configuration Settings For My Omnia. . .how? by freshp(m): 11:28pm On Apr 24, 2011
@lynxnoon,
thanks man will do that asap.
i will get back to you whne the whole process is complete. . .thanks once again. smiley
Re: Gloflat Configuration Settings For My Omnia. . .how? by twinskenny(m): 8:04am On Apr 25, 2011
Freshhp make sure your apn is gloflat and both the user name and password are flat
Re: Gloflat Configuration Settings For My Omnia. . .how? by freshp(m): 1:35pm On Apr 25, 2011
@twinskenny,
Omo i don try tire jare.

everything is as you all have suggested. . . .i just dont know what else to do.the only recourse is to use an MTN sim as lynx as adviced.

im just a little tied up now. . .i would have done so since.

if it was the glogwap settings no wahala but this flat thing is just annoying.

all the same thanks All
Re: Gloflat Configuration Settings For My Omnia. . .how? by lynxnoon(m): 8:15pm On Apr 25, 2011
freshp:

@twinskenny,
Omo i don try tire jare.

everything is as you all have suggested. . . .i just dont know what else to do.the only recourse is to use an MTN sim as lynx as adviced.

im just a little tied up now. . .i would have done so since.

if it was the glogwap settings no wahala but this flat thing is just annoying.

all the same thanks All

did u get a confirmation dat u r now on a data plan. . . . to check send INFO to 127?
if u can locate d glogwap settings . . . . .edit it and put in d gloflat data, set it as default, exit, switch off n on ur fone n try it again
let's see how it goes
cheers wink
Re: Gloflat Configuration Settings For My Omnia. . .how? by freshp(m): 11:06pm On Apr 26, 2011
@lynx,
sorry for the late reply,i sent INFO to 127 today (again) and i only got a blank reply.
what does it mean?
Re: Gloflat Configuration Settings For My Omnia. . .how? by lynxnoon(m): 10:54am On Apr 27, 2011
freshp:

@lynx,
sorry for the late reply,i sent INFO to 127 today (again) and i only got a blank reply.
what does it mean?
send the text again; and if u still get the same response then call 444 (dats glo 3G help desk) to confirm if u hv a data plan and also request dey send d gloflat settings to ur fone . . . . if dey dont have d exact 1 for ur fone tell dem to send one compartible wit ur fone OS. . . .in dis case windows mobile i believe wink
cheers
Re: Gloflat Configuration Settings For My Omnia. . .how? by freshp(m): 6:49pm On Apr 27, 2011
@ LYNX
thanks my man i will do just that this nite i only hope that they respond to my calls.

BTW
i hope that the fact that i have not registered my Sim is not the cause of this stress? grin
Re: Gloflat Configuration Settings For My Omnia. . .how? by freshp(m): 8:50am On Apr 28, 2011
@ Lynx,
well i tried to dial 444. . . no i dialed 444 and the next thing i was told after the welcome was that "your call cannot be processed on this line"!!! please dial 121.Okay so i dialed 121. . . and the story was so long i eventually had to hang up.

Na wa for Glo o o o!
Re: Gloflat Configuration Settings For My Omnia. . .how? by lynxnoon(m): 9:57am On Apr 28, 2011
freshp:

@ Lynx,
well i tried to dial 444. . . no i dialed 444 and the next thing i was told after the welcome was that "your call cannot be processed on this line"!!! please dial 121.Okay so i[b] dialed 121. . . and the story was so long i eventually had to hang up.[/b]

Na wa for Glo o o o!

it may likely be dat u need to register ur line cos it seems it has not been activated yet and calling 121,. . . . my guy u go need alot of patience oh!!!!! grin grin
i suggest u go to a gloworld office, d data help desk should clarify issues for u. . . .cos as long as u can browse wit d fone wit anoda network den am very sure dey hv not activated ur line due to 1 reason or d oda
Cheers wink
Re: Gloflat Configuration Settings For My Omnia. . .how? by chakaz(m): 11:24am On Apr 28, 2011
@Poster, let me add this to what others 'd suggested. Ur APN must be GLOFLAT, user name & password must be FLAT, Important thing is that; No Ip and No Port. That was how set it when I used it and it worked, thou I use nokia.
Re: Gloflat Configuration Settings For My Omnia. . .how? by twinskenny(m): 2:24pm On Apr 28, 2011
@freshp

come on man you are not burning credit now its freee, you dont need to hang up just put it on speaker and wait til they respond to you, lol grin grin grin grin

hope its solved now?
Re: Gloflat Configuration Settings For My Omnia. . .how? by freshp(m): 4:16pm On Apr 28, 2011
@All,
do you that we have a Gloworld Office right under my nose and all these while i have been bordering you guys?
i always thot it was a bank until i was told it serves a dual purpose.

i will definitely go there and whatever the outcome i will let you guys in on it.

@twinskenny,
o boy you also no say na my battery go suffer am. . .especially that Omnia is not generally known to be good at battery /power management.
Re: Gloflat Configuration Settings For My Omnia. . .how? by freshp(m): 10:10pm On May 14, 2011
@lynxnoon,twinskenny,

i finally got it to work after a lot of tweaking the d**mned mobile phone

Okay in the first place the APN: gloflat . . . both user name and password:flat in small letters not capital letters.
then the most important thing was my GPRS authentication. . . it has to be PAP.
after i did that i immediately received a message from them welcoming me to my data bundle.

Thanks guys for all your effort.
peace.
Re: Gloflat Configuration Settings For My Omnia. . .how? by lynxnoon(m): 5:06pm On May 15, 2011
freshp:

@lynxnoon,twinskenny,

i finally got it to work after a lot of tweaking the d**mned mobile phone

Okay in the first place the APN: gloflat . . . both user name and password:flat in small letters not capital letters.
then the most important thing was my GPRS authentication. . . it has to be PAP.
after i did that i immediately received a message from them welcoming me to my data bundle.

Thanks guys for all your effort.
peace.
enjoy wink
Re: Gloflat Configuration Settings For My Omnia. . .how? by deesaphire: 2:50pm On Sep 27, 2011
Plz and plz can someone help me on this issue, i recently got a Yes Optus 3g router, i got a sim 2 but whn i try to connect using glo,it does not connect, the mode light keeps blinkin, even when u get a package(Always day)it does not lock.then i changed the seetings from gloflat to glosecure,It locks(Mode light gets stable but im being charged, Plz can someone assist me on this issue, Plus i got a new glo sim,went to their office to change it to glofat for me,but yet only glosecure wrks for me, Pl wat do i do?Thanks a Lot, Deee

(1) (Reply)

My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% / How Long Have You Used Your Current Smart Phone ? / Help! I Can't Attach Files From My Yahoo Mobile!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.