Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,321 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation (22905 Views)

Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant / Amaechi: PDP Senators Reject Confirmation / Pro-saraki Senators Reject Lawan, Akume As Senate Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by bewla(m): 8:25am On Aug 13, 2015
The most
Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by focus7: 8:27am On Aug 13, 2015
As long as the pdp played a major role in the emergence of the senate presidency, the country should not anything difference in this senate and the previous ones.
Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by hinwazaka: 8:27am On Aug 13, 2015
Let's be honest, if you were one of the 109 members sitting in the senate, would you not do likewise. How do we expect the paymaster to reduce their pay. Let's focus on other issues and leave this closed road of payment reduction
Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by chigoizie7(m): 8:29am On Aug 13, 2015
Were the phuck is that ben bruce? This is time for him to act, empty barrels that makes the loudest noise.
Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by Mekky05(m): 8:38am On Aug 13, 2015
mrking3:
[b]Ben Murray Bruce has suddenly gone deaf and dumb with all his publicity stunt over pay cut of Senators. Unfortunately, Gullible and Brainwashed Nigerians have been scammed with this "CHANGE" mantra! There's nothing new about this administration! Same old criminals, thieves, kleptomaniacs or what have you? We all forgot so soon that the sames old thieves that made up the Defunct PDP are still the same thieves in APC! So ask yourself where's the change you brainwashed folks keep chanting up and down? What's new about this administration? All these APC big wigs were part of those that ruined this country under PDP but decamped to APC just for their selfish Interest! our supposedly honourable lawmakers ranks among the Highest paid in the entire world! Yet, they can't comfortably accept a paltry 10 percent pay cut! Truth is, for Buhari to successfully curb corruption in this country, charity must begin at Home! Yes! We agree that there are bad eggs that needs to be eradicated! But how about the Hens laying this eggs? That's the problem with this country![/b]
.Your write up is okay,but your biased of mind. What we all seek is "good governance" ,PDP put us in this present mess that we are trying to clean up. So its either you bring new and young politicians into the fold, and form a political party that has the "masses welfare" at heart. So bro,call a SPADE a SPADE.
Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by wiseoneking: 8:38am On Aug 13, 2015
wapSmart:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/saraki-in-quandary-as-senators-reject-pay-cut/

lalasticlala
I think PMB should show a clear cut eg in this by cutting his allowances etc and not just his salary of 14mill that he reduced to 7mill. Again, he should take the bull by the horn by declaring his assests. I learnt my a reliable source that his assests are just a little below #1 bill. He is afraid of letting the public know the true state of his wealth since he made naija people believed that he is a poor man. I think mr president should show eg. He is not serious in this corruption fight. Unfortunately, the past generals who are having all incrementary doc on his past administration esp as petroleum minister in which $2.5 bill got missing and the ptf are still monitoring him closer to strike at any attempt to expose him. Buhari hurriedly limited his probe to joe's admin. Shame to all that ever saw Buhari as a saint. He is never better off than any. I hope he will do his best but we should know that it is a matter of thief probing a thief or recent big thieves.
Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 13, 2015
owobokiri:
The easy money going to these senators for doing nothing is so much that if there are no massive protests at the national assembly, they will never bulge. .

My boss, you've suddenly forgotten how docile Nigerian masses are! These guys don't believe in anything, and aren't willing to sacrifice the minutest of comforts for a higher cause.

Mental slavery is real sir.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:42am On Aug 13, 2015
jomoh:
Where is Ben Murray Bruce

he is in the MINORITY! why u no call person wey rep CHANGE?
Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 13, 2015
wapSmart:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/saraki-in-quandary-as-senators-reject-pay-cut/

lalasticlala
Obj. E nor go better for you..... all this mess started from your regime. Now it will be difficult to reduce cos normal Nigerian is a thief.
Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by Ghandi12: 8:47am On Aug 13, 2015
hinwazaka:
Let's be honest, if you were one of the 109 members sitting in the senate, would you not do likewise. How do we expect the paymaster to reduce their pay. Let's focus on other issues and leave this closed road of payment reduction

Sorry brother not everyone is greedy and unscrupulous. I and many other Nigerians will not be feeding fat on public fund when the nation is in dire economic situation.

How do you want us to focus on other issues while the poverty level in the system has increased? The first thing a man think of is food then other things.

In case you dont know. The Senate comprises of 109 Nigerians with a budget of 150 Billion naira - this budget is first-line and more than the budget of about 20 states in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by stevkc: 8:48am On Aug 13, 2015
For your solar panel and inverter installation and maintenance:
For your building
Solar borehole
Solar street light and any appliances.
Contact us ENERGY WORLD on 08146756422, 08069487971. Or stevkc2007@yahoo.com . We have first hand Engineers that will give you what you want ,we are in owerri, Portharcourt,enugu,abia anywhere everywhere.
Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 13, 2015
Nothing the average black person does actually take me aback. I've studied them long enough to know most of them have no values, principles or empathy. He hardly thinks beyond his personal comforts, and is vastly engrossed with his own ease and aggrandisement. Shameful!

While the average Nigerian worker goes home with an insulting N18000 monthly, these established thieves and insensitive morons go home with obscene amount of wealth. The rulers came from the common person on the street who's largely corrupt, extremely greedy and totally insensitive to the needs of others and the society at large.

This was an opportunity for these lawmakers to try and salvage their battered image before the Nigerian masses, but alas, the primitive nature of the average black person prevailed over common sense and hence the rejection of a reduction I'll still consider grossly inadequate, given the prevalent economic realities.

I watched in amazement back in 2009 when the American congress voted against increase in emoluments due to dire economic situations.

I pity Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by victor70137: 8:54am On Aug 13, 2015
In the first place why should this set of people be the one to determine their salary ....,,,,, embarassedI fear o
Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by mbulela: 8:56am On Aug 13, 2015
“All of us have people in our constituencies and financial requests from them keep pilling up on daily basis, the reality of which made steps to be redirected, otherwise, some of us may stop coming here.”

As if their coming to the chambers of the assembly adds anything positive to the polity. Their absence will actually be more productive. Better still, their extinction.
Heartless swines.!

2 Likes

Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by Dragonking: 8:59am On Aug 13, 2015
hinwazaka:
WHat are you saying?? So they cant even reduce their pay by just 10%? Na wa for this country. we are really doomed. angry angry
Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 13, 2015
pedel:
Some of these senators are suppose to be paying back money to the country.
There is, may be, none of them that hasn't stolen enough money for their next three generation.
Among them we have 2 to 4 - term senator, former governors, former members of house of rep., former ministers of the federation.
I am not sure of there is any of them that worth less than 1 billion naira.
Why cant they give something back?
They all bled the country into coma and for them to donate a pint of blood to keep the country alive, it is a problem.

On the judgement day, God will not allow Nigerian politicians to say a word before he send them into hell.

We don't need to wait till that judgment day because we may have suffered worse then even Hell. We're not just ready for these thieves. When we are ready, we know what to do.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by codedguy1(m): 9:01am On Aug 13, 2015
To think that N18000 was approved by these bunch as minimum wage and they collect N42000 monthly for ward robe allowance.

God have Mercy.

The truth is it will be hard to significantly reduce the monies these guys collect if the have to be the ones to deliberate on it. Why would I as a new senator agree to reducing my pay when returning senators have been enjoying this crazy salaries since.

Who told them that part of the new senators ambitions was not tied to the juicy emoluments received, now they want to vote reduce it in my time.

We keep deceiving ourselves in this country.

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 13, 2015
kenedy175:
The committee recommended just 10% cut of there salaries and allowance when it should be like 50% cut and they still refused.
We are doomed in this country. All I need is one Napalm bomb to drop in NASS to free my country from the hands of those old selfish greedy armed robbers there!

What Nonsense!
nah wah oh. They formed loyal b4 but now their real nature is been revealed. This is y I'm comfortable as PMB has not appointed ministers.
Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by abbeyty(m): 9:07am On Aug 13, 2015
While british mps earn less than £70,000 per year before tax.

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by alexvatt(m): 9:12am On Aug 13, 2015
kenedy175:
The committee recommended just 10% cut of there salaries and allowance when it should be like 50% cut and they still refused.
We are doomed in this country. All I need is one Napalm bomb to drop in NASS to free my country from the hands of those old selfish greedy armed robbers there!

What Nonsense!
if we tell u that buhary is the best man to rule this country, some people will be opening maggot mouth saying no. buhary has willingly cut his salary up to 50%. yet these idiot call senators can t even cut just 10%. Nigeria will be a better country if we can do away with religion and ethnicity.

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by coolzeal(m): 9:21am On Aug 13, 2015
The biggest jokers of the world are the Nigeria legislative arms of government. Bunch of spineless jellyfish.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by gerald09(m): 9:23am On Aug 13, 2015
My fellow Nigerians we most not stand and watch these old farts drain us, all these English dey are speaking is so we can keep dancing to dere crap while eat our money until dey time ends n dey pass the wahala to the next NASS. 469 people want us to believe the they need clothes allowance as if dey came in naked, 150billion was budgeted for only approx 469 people what wicked souls. we most fight to stop this. if the Senate can't stop these ridiculous spending den it tym Nigerians #occupytheSenate. we most get our own share of the 150billion every Nigerian.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by gerald09(m): 9:28am On Aug 13, 2015
i for one have refuses to be made a fool by spineless whip calling demselves NASS we will occupy the street of Abuja until they reduce dere salary and allowance or share with every Nigerian. does days were we sit and say "God dey" has pass for fu*k sake we removed PDP we can check mate dese thieves.

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by hinwazaka: 9:32am On Aug 13, 2015
Dragonking:
WHat are you saying?? So they cant even reduce their pay by just 10%? Na wa for this country. we are really doomed. angry angry
We have to be realistic and not idealistic. No one is ready to really pile up pressure on the house to reduce their salaries
Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by gerald09(m): 9:33am On Aug 13, 2015
they treat us like fools cos they fink we are our fathers that had no balls to stand for their ryt. we will not be made to watch our children suffer cos 469 men want 150billion for doing Nothing. these men are equal to us they have No supernatural human power, we most say no to oppression. lets help GMB change Nigeria. Not sit n watch like our fathers did. dats y we youths can't afford three square meal for our families.

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by gerald09(m): 9:36am On Aug 13, 2015
these men aint gods they are less human dan a day dog. we can stop them by standing together n fight the way we did "EBOLA" the way we did "GEJ" the way we did "BOKO HARAM" the way we did" PDP".

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by gerald09(m): 9:39am On Aug 13, 2015
if the Senate ad hoc committee cannot act then we most take laws into our hands collectively. we all share the 150billion or they have a 50% pay n allowance cut. its dat simple.

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by muh4lyf(m): 9:42am On Aug 13, 2015
Why is it that these senators are the ones dictating the amount they would collect,is Nigeria their fathers company or what... Then talking about people demading from their constituencies I'd say that's a blatant lie cos they don't even go there,they sit down in abuja enjoying,with these senators Nigeria is still in a big trouble....
Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by PStacks(m): 9:53am On Aug 13, 2015
grin

grin

This part got me laughing out loud.

“All of us have people in our constituencies
and financial requests from them keep
pilling up on daily basis, the reality of
which made steps to be redirected,
otherwise, some of us may stop coming
here.”

Let them stop coming naaa! Only people with genuine love for Nationhood should be found in that complex, people there shouldn't even be paid in the first place, such works should be done out of love for country and hence considered Philantrophic jobs.

Senators should never even be paid if truly they love this country.

Such positions should be reserved only exclusively for the super wealth who have vowed to give back to the society. Look at all of them. Super rich, but yet wants bogus salaries up on their stupendous wealth. That's the greed that fuels corruption.

Nigeria is a country that people from different regions comes to milk the country dry, instead of people from different regions bringing to the center what can grow the country. A society in reverse.

The days of impunity are over.

The british Police describes Nigeria's impunity steming from a culture of "Nothing for Something" culture..

The police man does nothing for you on the high way, yet you give him something.

A senator goes to his village and people haven't worked for him, he gives them something for doing nothing.

Anyway. The true meaning of Austerity as Always recommended by tactical technocrats like Christian largard, is squzing all lope holes where funds escape without accountability.

Every single Naira Appreciated.

Buhari would not only collect stolen funds, he would work real hard to make sure non is stolen in this regime and also nothing drops without being accounted for.

That is the only way the international community can know we are ready for business.

I just pray God should give Baba Buhari Long Long Long Life because the man "MUST" do Second term

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by kaykay1980: 9:54am On Aug 13, 2015
“All of us have people in our constituencies and financial requests from them keep pilling up on daily basis, the reality of which made steps to be redirected, otherwise, some of us may stop coming here.”[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by davidque007(m): 9:58am On Aug 13, 2015
We lack selfless leaders in Nigeria
Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by Ghandi12: 10:03am On Aug 13, 2015
I raise my hand for a protest at the NASS. If there is anyone who can mobilize us here I promise a minimum of 10 of my friends to be in Abuja.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CJTF Member Dies After Being Injured By Boko Haram In Sambisa Forest. Photos / 'Asa Arokolo' Statue Unveiled By Lagos State Govt @Ogolonto Ikorodu Yesterday / Kemi Adeosun To World Bank: "We Don’t Need Your Help On Our Debts"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.