Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,549 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

Cyber-cafe Operators in Festac Having Problems With Police (419) - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Cyber-cafe Operators in Festac Having Problems With Police (419) (9947 Views)

Cyber-theft Prompts Search For Nigerian Bank IT Worker / Good News For ISP and Cyber-cafe Operators / Problems Of Cyber-cafe Computers (And Solutions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Cyber-cafe Operators in Festac Having Problems With Police (419) by BlakkBoi(m): 5:36pm On Apr 05, 2010
This whole thing bows to to understanding your business environment. Don't let these home-made saints with no idea of how things works in the jungle ruin your business with their crazy advice and suggestions.
I bet you that:

Reporting those police to other police, will bring you more trouble and possibly endanger your life.
Shutting down customers you suspect of suspicious activities will get you out of business as quick as the shutdown's.
using firewall to block contents will only harm the average computer user not the pro's. Cos for someone like me, i don't stumble on blocks cos i am too familiar with the word bypass!.

You ever wonder why mobile ISP like MTN and co make more money than their VSAT counterparts?. Because they understand that their primary aim of establishing that business is to provide services and maximize profit. they don't give a heck what you do with the service. they don't do the policing, if yawa gas for any of the customer, they will humbly pass any information they have on the person jeje and still continue their business.

Even the churches has lost moral taste in it's businesses. Or you want to talk about our sacred presido Yar'adua who is a preacher of the rule of law still compromised on Ibori. Not because it is morally justifiably but because he is in the business of politics and certain compromises needs to be made.

My friend you must learn to accept the compromises that comes with business . But if you want to engage your customer's and the police in a fight to finish. Then good luck!.
Re: Cyber-cafe Operators in Festac Having Problems With Police (419) by Ezenwenyi(m): 8:05pm On Apr 06, 2010
EFCC is just a political entity that have decided to ignore the so called YAHOO BOYS. Anyway, if u are very sure of what you are saying, then find a way to get me the police officer's name, and as for the yahoo boy, monitor him to know how often he comes around, then let me know, i will personally report him to EFCC and order for his immediate arrest.
Re: Cyber-cafe Operators in Festac Having Problems With Police (419) by BlakkBoi(m): 10:05pm On Apr 06, 2010
Ezenwenyi:

EFCC is just a political entity that have decided to ignore the so called YAHOO BOYS. Anyway, if u are very sure of what you are saying, then find a way to get me the police officer's name, and as for the yahoo boy, monitor him to know how often he comes around, then let me know, i will personally report him to EFCC and order for his immediate arrest.

I love the spirit. Gives me joy seeing patriotic Nigerians. I know about 20 yahoo boys in my area 6 of them live in my compound. How can you help me arrange for their arrest?. I suspect my landlord is into the business too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Easiest Way To Install Blackberry Messenger BBM On PC Using Bluestacks / Apple Got Patent Approval For Folio Keyboard With Smart Gesture. / Can A Laptop Be Overcharged?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.