Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,254 members, 7,953,949 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:38 AM

For Nigerians Abroad: Will You Send Your Child To A Nigerian Boarding School? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Nigerians Abroad: Will You Send Your Child To A Nigerian Boarding School? (5266 Views)

Is It By Force To Take Your Child To Santa? (Photo) / Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years / Think Before You Send Your Kids Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: For Nigerians Abroad: Will You Send Your Child To A Nigerian Boarding School? by Ndipe(m): 2:50am On Oct 22, 2014
". . . He said, “Mr. Adepegba told me his wife had just left him and that he could not afford to take care of them, being a jobless man. The children were very little. Seyi was two, while Titilola was five.
“Mr Adepegba had pleaded with me to accept them in the boarding school. Mr Adepegba’s sister promised to bear the cost of their upkeep. They paid an initial N150, 000 for the three children for the first term.”
But according to the proprietor, Adepegba never kept his promise. He said after the first term, the school expected him to come and take his children home for holiday but he never showed up until four years later. He said the school had expended over N7m on the upkeep of the children since 2007.
The proprietor said efforts to reach the parents’ families had proved abortive, adding that calls to Adepegba’s phones were not always answered.
He said, “Whenever we called him and he realised who was talking on the phone, he would switch off his phones and for the next two weeks, the numbers would not be available. . . "

http://odili.net/news/source/2014/oct/21/849.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Will Like My Wife To Be Slim How Do I Tell Her / Happy Mothers' Day 2012 / Are You Honest With Your Spouse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.