Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

Narrow Escape And Scary Moments. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Narrow Escape And Scary Moments. (1363 Views)

Six Ways Men Can Escape Poverty / Nigerian Man Dies Moments After Announcing His Wife's Death On Facebook. Photo / The Scary Thing A Couple Received As Wedding Gift (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Narrow Escape And Scary Moments. by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 13, 2015
Narrow escape moments are those moments in your life that you narrowly escape certain situations or occurences which ordinarily would have turned nasty or deadly.

Scary moments are times you are scared out of your wits and you couldn't come to terms with or believe what just happened.

I actually found myself in such situations. Some of them are thus;
1. When I was seven years old, I went to spent two weeks of my holiday with my grandma. After spending a week with her, I begged grandma to allow me to go to the well to get water in the company of the girl that used to fetch water for her. The girl was just some months older than I was then so I believed if she could do certain things I should be able to do them also. On getting to where the well was, she drew up water from the well into her bucket and wanted to fill my bucket also but I refused. I told her I would do it myself. She reluntantly agreed and the well was positioned in such a way that you have to stand at the tip to draw up water. As I attempted to draw up the water I slipped and fell inside the well. The girl shouted and ran for help but before people came to rescue me, I was out of the well. How I got out was unexplainable till today.

2. On this fateful night I went to read as usual as I assimilate better when I read in a quiet place. On my way back to the hostel I saw a big tree in the shape of a man walking into a nearby tree. I immediately felt such heaviness on my head like a swell. I ran to my hostel that night.

3. My brother's friend recounted how the bus he boarded went inbetween two tankers and you could see the scratches of both tankers on the sides of the bus.

More to be shared. Please let's hear yours.
Re: Narrow Escape And Scary Moments. by Paschal001: 10:25am On Aug 13, 2015
Ok
Re: Narrow Escape And Scary Moments. by Mbkite(m): 10:25am On Aug 13, 2015
following

paschal001

1 Like

Re: Narrow Escape And Scary Moments. by blank(f): 2:08pm On Aug 13, 2015
Mine was in secondary school. We were preparing for inter house sports so i was practicing javelin, discus and high jump. Since we were still preparing for the try-outs, there were a lot of people waiting to use the stuff so we were rotating. The rule is, "if you throw it, you go and pick it up".

So, i threw the discus and went to pick it up. As i bent down to pick it, the javelin swooshed past my head as per even went through my hair and landed in front of me. I went into shock straight. Couldn't believe that i could have died or been seriously injured.

1 Like

Re: Narrow Escape And Scary Moments. by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 13, 2015
4. After prep when I was in secondary school, there was this bushy path we had to pass to get to the dormitory, on getting to a particular spot there I felt I stepped on something which quickly crawled into the bush. I ran away from the spot immediately. On getting to the spot the next morning I saw the cut tail of a very big snake. I am having goose pimples recalling the incident.
Re: Narrow Escape And Scary Moments. by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 13, 2015
5. Still typing
Re: Narrow Escape And Scary Moments. by Artistree: 4:23pm On Aug 13, 2015
About 5years ago, I closed from work and was waiting to cross to the other side of the road where I live. After about 10 minutes of waiting for the road to clear up, I walked into the road. Suddenly from no where, a red van raced towards me. I stood, thinking the driver would slow down haven seen me in the middle of the road but alas, the guy was driving towards me like he saw nothing!
I was confused, I didn't know whether to run or stand. Then like lightning, I fled backwards! The driver simply drove on like nothing happened and for all he cared, he saw nothing on his way. I would have been crushed to death that day and the thought of it still gives me jitters.

1 Like

Re: Narrow Escape And Scary Moments. by prettyangel10(f): 5:22pm On Aug 13, 2015
About a month ago, I was going out as early as 5.30 am one day, I got to one major bus stop (2nd rainbow) anybody living around Festac and its environs will know how that bus stop is. I had crossed the first major expressway, as i cross the other road, i did not know the car was so close to me, i felt the speed of the car and the driver was blasting the horns, i thought to myself: you don enter am today. I don't know how it happened, may be I intensified my speed or something, i just saw myself at the end of the express, the car brushed part of my native flowing skirt. I just went to sit at the edge of the road for about some minutes gasping for breath, until I was able to get myself back. That was when I realise that going out and coming back home safely is not automatic. Its's just the grace of God. wink

3 Likes

Re: Narrow Escape And Scary Moments. by pacino26(m): 5:29pm On Aug 13, 2015
Plateau State 2010, what between me and death was the central lock and 4*4 ride. The usual religious crisJosin Jos and I was caught in it wiLt my Lt friend in the army. We left the barracks for town just to buy groundout oil When it broke out trailers have already closed the route to the Christian axis to maximise their onslaught in the Muslim side. In other words no way home, driving up was to their den trying to reverse had these hungry looking retards trying to force open our doors and hitting hard on the window. Na God make am no break. The rest na history as the said groundnut oil was bought in the barracks. Lol

1 Like

Re: Narrow Escape And Scary Moments. by glimpse(f): 6:06pm On Aug 13, 2015
shocked following

cc: lalasticlala, ishilove

seun come and see something

1 Like

Re: Narrow Escape And Scary Moments. by nicerod(m): 8:26pm On Aug 13, 2015
4lowin
Re: Narrow Escape And Scary Moments. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 13, 2015
Okay let's go there.
Re: Narrow Escape And Scary Moments. by Pidggin(f): 8:58pm On Aug 13, 2015
At some point in school, water was scarce so we used to get up early to get it. One morning, i went wiith a few friends as usual. We were gisting and I was carried away, but I felt something cold and slippery moving on my feet, I impulsively kicked it off, just in time to see that it was a big light brown snake. I was shocked, the snake was big! I was so relived after checking that I wasn't bitten.

1 Like

Re: Narrow Escape And Scary Moments. by zexzy(f): 9:10pm On Aug 13, 2015
Mine happened like 3days ago, I was going to work in the morning and i normally leave home by 5.40am, while i was walking to wards the junction where i could board a keke I saw a man wearing plain white flowing gown, his hands where in the pocket and he was swinging them. My first thought was to turn back, but because i didn't want to be late for work i kept walking, by the time i got to where he was standing all i could feel was cold from head to toe. I just quickly walked past and i was singing one gospel song to give me courage.
Re: Narrow Escape And Scary Moments. by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 13, 2015
Mine happened 2years ago while I was still working with a popular firm on contrast basis. That day we had a job on the Island, lekki to be precise and we ended up leaving late cos of some network issues. We all left in a colleague's car, I missed my bustop and had to take public bus to my bustop.

I got to ojuelegba around past 11 and decided to take a bike home. I took the bike, on getting to the other end of my street (still on d bike), it was dark ( no light) but I noticed some guys were bent over something, maybe someone , and as d bike guy was about entering, the guy said 'no match my thing o, better look me well well' (whatever that means).

The speed I used in jumping off the moving bike amazes me till today. I jumped off and ran forward till I got to another end of the road that was well lited. I waited for the bike guy nd paid him, funny thing is the guy made no mention of the incident.

PS: it could have been nothing but survival mode kicked in. Plus I keep thinking that the fact I missed my bustop earlier was a blessing.
Re: Narrow Escape And Scary Moments. by breadplanets(f): 1:52pm On Aug 14, 2015
My first year in school with my roommates was horrible. So i decided to stay alone in my second year. Where my school was is riddled with snakes and scorpions. They said its because of the cashew trees that grew in abundance there. Me i dont know. Anyway one night i was hearing one noise like dat on the part of my room that was covered with carpet instead of rug. But i was too scared to get up and check. The noise continued till i slept off. When i woke up i remembered the noise and stood up and collected the big stone i use in holding my door open. Then the noise started again and i beheld a large scorpion racing towards where i was standing on my bed! I threw the stone at it and God gave me perfect aim and it scattered. I still get goosebumps when i remember the incident cos if not that God held it captive all through the night it would have bitten me to death na.
Re: Narrow Escape And Scary Moments. by Nobody: 4:44am On Sep 20, 2015
Really scary.
Re: Narrow Escape And Scary Moments. by Nobody: 6:53am On Sep 20, 2015
Mine happened last night..
As I dey waka for my area, na eem one orobo gal with big yansh come dey chase me... Na em I come dey run.. Na em I come fall cry
Na em I come stand up dey run again...Na em I come fall again cry
Na em the orobo come catch me, come grab me for neck... Na em I come tell am say..."orobo you get big yansh o"
Na em I come grab her yansh dey press am... Na em the orobo come tear me slap cry
Na em I come wake up see say I dey press my pillow cry

1 Like

Re: Narrow Escape And Scary Moments. by haftob(m): 11:24am On Sep 20, 2015
topsychoppy:
Narrow escape moments are those moments in your life that you narrowly escape certain situations or occurences which ordinarily would have turned nasty or deadly.

Scary moments are times you are scared out of your wits and you couldn't come to terms with or believe what just happened.

I actually found myself in such situations. Some of them are thus;
1. When I was seven years old, I went to spent two weeks of my holiday with my grandma. After spending a week with her, I begged grandma to allow me to go to the well to get water in the company of the girl that used to fetch water for her. The girl was just some months older than I was then so I believed if she could do certain things I should be able to do them also. On getting to where the well was, she drew up water from the well into her bucket and wanted to fill my bucket also but I refused. I told her I would do it myself. She reluntantly agreed and the well was positioned in such a way that you have to stand at the tip to draw up water. As I attempted to draw up the water I slipped and fell inside the well. The girl shouted and ran for help but before people came to rescue me, I was out of the well. How I got out was unexplainable till today.

2. On this fateful night I went to read as usual as I assimilate better when I read in a quiet place. On my way back to the hostel I saw a big tree in the shape of a man walking into a nearby tree. I immediately felt such heaviness on my head like a swell. I ran to my hostel that night.

3. My brother's friend recounted how the bus he boarded went inbetween two tankers and you could see the scratches of both tankers on the sides of the bus.

More to be shared. Please let's hear yours.
How did u get out of dat well? Did u really fall inside dat well or it's just imagination? Were u wet wen u came out?

(1) (Reply)

My 9month Old Wont Eat Am Gonna Run Mad. / His Wife Chat Till 1-3am , Kindly Provide A Reason / 13 Pictures That Describe Morning Devotions In Nigerian Homes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.