Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? (28613 Views)

Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? / At What Age Did You Marry / When Did You Stop Bed Wetting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? by YINKS89(m): 7:57am On Aug 14, 2015
oluwasegun007:
part 2 second semester...... kiss part 2 second semester......
sewiously dats a long tym.
Re: What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? by YINKS89(m): 7:58am On Aug 14, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Wait, I'm supposed to stop shocked
continue den.
Re: What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? by YINKS89(m): 7:59am On Aug 14, 2015
hvq229:

when I was 18 and went away to university. I didn't the other children in the dorm to ridicule me for it
dats courage nd determination.
Re: What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? by jerry46: 8:00am On Aug 14, 2015
18 years, when i got baptized in water in May 5, 2007. That was the day it stopped. I just noticed that any time i wanted to wet bed, something would come and wake me up until i got used to it, that was when i started waking up myself. Before i gave my life to Christ i where i went to, i was told to bring a fowl that they would use to prepare drug for me which i would be taken but everything was to no avail until i met Christ and he did it for me without collecting anything. Praise the Lord!

2 Likes

Re: What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? by Febby9(m): 8:00am On Aug 14, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Do you inspect your joysticks regularly? If you do, how regular? Your joystick might still catch up!!!
.. bro he could also jelq ...it works...nd he could just hit google on jelqing.....
Re: What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 14, 2015
13+,SS2 cheesy grin that feeling as if u re on a football pitch and u wanna just take a lil leak...next thing u knw is that u re swimming in Orange sea
Re: What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 14, 2015
jerry46:
18 years, when i got baptized in water in May 5, 2007. That was the day it stopped. I just noticed that any time i wanted to wet bed, something would come and wake me up until i got used to it, that was when i started waking up myself. Before i gave my life to Christ i where i went to, i was told to bring a fowl that they would use to prepare drug for me which i would be taken but everything was to no avail until i met Christ and he did it for me without collecting anything. Praise the Lord!
Not again
Re: What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 14, 2015
YINKS89:
I was going out this morning and saw an SS1 student been scolded for bed wetting, and i thought to my self that can someone still be bed wetting at this age? so i tried to remember when i stopped and that was like when i was 7yrs old.

So am putting it to my fellow nairalanders when did you stop bed wetting?

If I could stil remember vividly, I signed out of dat awkward situatn wit my SSCE @ 17+
It was no fun drying up ur pee wit even clean wears. Lots of wakeful nites!

Anyways, Glory b 2 HIM!
Re: What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? by vickie1900(f): 8:08am On Aug 14, 2015
November last year. I'm presently 25. I had weak pelvic muscles, so the doctors said. As soon as I got married, it stopped. I guess regular sex did it for me.
Re: What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? by bettercreature(m): 8:09am On Aug 14, 2015
STARSHYNE:
11..When I was in JSS 2

Stopped when mum called all my friends and showed them the wet bed grin
You suppose to call out your mum for allowing you to bedwet,i never bed wet for a day,because my mum always wake us to toilet twice during the night and always spread nylon under our bed cloths
Mother of this days should learn from this
Re: What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? by ceejayluv(m): 8:12am On Aug 14, 2015
covers face... 14!!... Those awkward days... My Lil cousin at 10 still wets and I've never scolded him for once... Even feels normal to me kinda...
Re: What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? by IYANGBALI: 8:13am On Aug 14, 2015
Tedassie:
tongue
congrats tongue
congrats
thank you
Re: What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? by ceejayluv(m): 8:14am On Aug 14, 2015
bettercreature:
You suppose to call out your mum for allowing you to bedwet,i never bed wet for a day,because my mum always wake us to toilet twice during the night and always spread nylon under our bed cloths
it's not by that one.... Some severe cases even require surgery to correct. I guess the pelvic muscle "matures " at different ages (in layman terms )
Re: What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? by bettercreature(m): 8:16am On Aug 14, 2015
ceejayluv:

it's not by that one.... Some severe cases even require surgery to correct. I guess the bladder "matures " at different ages (in layman terms )
Mothers contributes a lot to it,wake up your kids 2-3 times to toilet every night then see if they are not going to change
Re: What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 14, 2015
bettercreature:
Mothers contributes a lot to it,wake up your kids 2-3 times to toilet every night then see if they are not going to change
like its that easy
Re: What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? by ceejayluv(m): 8:19am On Aug 14, 2015
bettercreature:
Lol... That $hit defies such logic, man.... been there.
Re: What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? by Aminat508(f): 8:21am On Aug 14, 2015
Kazrem:
I want to see aminat508 comment on this.
grin I go ask my mama

2 Likes

Re: What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? by bettercreature(m): 8:22am On Aug 14, 2015
BlueRat:
like its that easy
Depends anyway as most mothers are lazy
Re: What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? by apprentist(m): 8:25am On Aug 14, 2015
If by 'bed wetting', you mean to pee on the bed, then I can't remember.
but if u mean waking up to see ur legs wet wt sperm, then yes. Vividly I can tell u when last.
Re: What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? by bettercreature(m): 8:25am On Aug 14, 2015
ceejayluv:

Lol... That $hit defies such logic, man.... been there.
Well most mothers are very lazy so you are right it's not easy,you just need to do it for 6 months and the kid would do it by himself
Re: What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 14, 2015
bettercreature:
Depends anyway as most mothers are lazy
most mothers are lazy? Hasty generalization...trust me,mothers also try,but that shii z beyond anyone,its on the part of the kids and it aint easy
Re: What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? by JoeCutie(m): 8:34am On Aug 14, 2015
STARSHYNE:
wetin u wan use am do undecided
He wan use am do ritual. undecided

Finally, you say make we see you small? cheesy
Re: What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? by temitope014: 8:35am On Aug 14, 2015
i am close to 30 and i am still bedwetting...halleluyah
Re: What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? by Ealiserwest(m): 8:36am On Aug 14, 2015
I stopped at a technical age ... I was in SS3 in sch hostel.. Menh fowl yarnsh open as den they compulsry hostel for SS3 students..
I cant even rememba how it stops..

2 Likes

Re: What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? by Aipete2(f): 8:53am On Aug 14, 2015
i stopped when i was in SS1, the stewpidt bedwetting didnt allow me to attend a boarding school. When twas getting out of hand mum started disgracing and dad started beating daylight outta me, i became the laffin stock in my street but no time to check time.
Re: What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? by sweatlana: 9:00am On Aug 14, 2015
About 14. But it happened once again when I was 16
I pray non of my kids would suffer same
Re: What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? by brownsug(f): 9:02am On Aug 14, 2015
I'm happy u don't have it,cause u wld have fepanko u know wo a mean?
Lexusgs430:

Nah vuvuzela u like, trumpet, harmonica or clip?
Re: What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? by DedeNkem: 9:02am On Aug 14, 2015
About 1 in 7 children aged 5, and 1 in 20 children aged 10 wet their bed at night. Bedwetting (nocturnal enuresis) is still considered normal in children under the age of 5 years.

A child who has never been dry at night has primary nocturnal enuresis. A child who has had a good period of dry nights, but then develops bedwetting has secondary nocturnal enuresis. Bedwetting is twice as common in boys as it is in girls.

[size=14pt]What causes bedwetting?[/size]
In most children there is no specific cause. Bedwetting is not your child's fault. It occurs because the volume of urine produced at night is more than your child's bladder can hold. The sensation of a full bladder does not seem to be strong enough to wake up your child at night.

Some factors are thought to make bedwetting worse or more likely. They may tip the balance in some children on some nights. These include the following:

- Times of stress may start up bedwetting again after a period of dryness. For example: starting school, arrival of a new baby, illness, bullying, abuse.
- Drinks and foods that contain caffeine. These include tea, coffee, cola and chocolate. Caffeine increases the amount of urine made by the kidneys (it is a diuretic).
- Constipation. Large stools (faeces) in the back passage (rectum) may press on and irritate the back of the bladder. In particular, children who have persistent (chronic) constipation are more likely to have a bedwetting problem.
- Children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) have an increased risk of having a bedwetting problem.

Other specific medical causes of bedwetting are rare. For example, a urine infection, pauses in breathing whilst asleep (sleep apnoea) due to an obstructed airway, diabetes and rare disorders of the bladder may cause bedwetting. A specific medical cause is more likely if daytime wetting occurs in addition to bedwetting. A doctor can usually rule out these causes by examining the child and testing a urine sample. Occasionally, more tests are done in children who have daytime wetting to check for rare bladder problems.

[size=14pt]The following are some general tips that may help[/size]
Nappies
If you decide 'now is the time' then stop using nappies. Some older children are still put in nappies at night when trying to be dry. This gives them little motivation or need to be dry. The risk without nappies is wet beds for a while. However, in younger children, if a trial period without nappies does not work out, then go back to nappies for a while and try again at a later date.

Patience, reassurance and love
As mentioned above, if trying without nappies fails at age 3, it may be wise to give up for a while and then try again a few months later. Treatments are not normally needed or advised for children under the age of 5 years. Keep trying every few months until successful. Even if your child is bedwetting when he or she starts school, there is a high chance that it will stop soon. There is a great variation in when children become naturally dry at night.

Do not punish children for bedwetting. It is not their fault. Rather, they should be praised and made a fuss of if you notice any improvement. Try to be sensitive to any family or school disruption that might be stressful to your child. If bedwetting appears after a period of dryness, it may reflect a hidden stress or fear (such as bullying at school, etc).

Explaining to children
It needs your child's co-operation to be dry at night. As soon as your child is old enough to understand, a simple explanation on the following lines can be helpful. 'The body makes wee (water) all the time and stores it in the bladder. The bladder is like a balloon which fills up with water. We open the bladder's tap when the bladder gets full. The bladder fills up at night when we are asleep. However, the bladder tap should not go to sleep, and should wake us up when the bladder is full.'

Child's responsibility
When old enough (about age 5 or 6), encourage your child to help change any wet sheets. It may be quicker for parents to do it, but many children respond to being given responsibility. It might also give extra motivation for them to get out of bed and go to the toilet to avoid the chore of changing the sheets. Try to make it a matter-of-fact routine with as little fuss as possible.

Getting up
Make sure there are no hidden fears or problems about getting up at night. For example, fear of the dark, getting up from a top bunk, etc. Try leaving the bathroom light on.

Drinks
Restricting drinks sounds sensible, but it does not help to cure bedwetting. The bladder has to get used to filling up and holding on to urine. If you limit drinks all day then the bladder cannot be trained to hold on to larger amounts of urine. A sensible plan is only to give drinks to your child if he or she is thirsty in the 2-3 hours before bedtime. Do not restrict drinks for the rest of the day. Most children should drink about 6-8 cups of fluid a day.

Also, as mentioned above, caffeine in tea, coffee, cola and chocolate may make bedwetting worse. These are therefore ideally avoided, especially in the few hours before bedtime.

Lifting
It is common practice to wake children up to take them to the toilet several hours after they go to sleep. However, this lifting is of little use, and may even prolong the problem. Your child has to get used to waking up when their bladder is full. Children often do not remember being lifted, and it usually does not help to achieve their own bladder control.

However, make sure your child goes to the toilet just before bedtime. If your child does wake in the night then you should encourage him or her to go to the toilet then.

Constipation
If your child is constipated, see a doctor for advice and treatment. Treatment of constipation often cures bedwetting too.

Nights away
A common worry is that staying with friends or relatives will be embarrassing. However, it is not uncommon to find that the bedwetting stops for the nights away in a strange bed. A few days away with an understanding relative or friend may result in dry nights. This may be a very positive experience and encouraging for your child.

Practical measures
Use waterproof covers for mattress and duvet, and use absorbent quilted sheets. A moisturiser cream is useful to rub on the skin that is likely to become wet, to prevent chaffing and soreness.

[size=14pt]What are the treatment options for bedwetting?[/size]
Not using any treatment is an option, as most children will eventually stop bedwetting. The older a child becomes, the more likely that bedwetting will stop. However, treatments often work to achieve dryness sooner rather than later. Treatment options include the following:

Bedwetting alarms
A device called a pad and bell or a similar alarm device is a common treatment. There is a good chance of cure, particularly for children aged 7 and older (when up to 8 in 10 children are cured). An alarm is usually needed for 3-5 months to condition the child to wake and empty their bladder when it is full. Briefly, the alarm goes off as soon as wetting starts. This wakes the child and prompts him or her to go to the toilet. In time, the child is conditioned to wake when their bladder is full before they begin to wet. Alarms can be borrowed from your local continence advisor. Your doctor can advise about this. See separate leaflet called Bedwetting Alarms for more details.

Medicines
Desmopressin is the common medicine used for bedwetting. It works by reducing the amount of urine made at night by the kidneys. It usually works well (in about 7 in 10 cases), and straightaway. If it works, a common plan is to take it for three months and then try without it. However, when it is stopped, the bedwetting often returns. (A permanent cure following treatment is more likely with bedwetting alarms than with desmopressin.) Desmopressin can also be useful for short spells. For example, during holidays or for times away from home. See separate leaflet called Desmopressin for Bedwetting for more details.

Reward systems
Briefly, you agree a reward with your child if he or she achieves a goal. Often the goal is not a complete dry night (as most children who wet the bed have no control over their wetting). An agreed goal could be: going to the toilet before going to bed, getting up and telling the parents they are wet, helping to remake the bed, etc. A goal of a dry night may be appropriate in some cases when the situation is improving. A common example of a reward system is a star chart. This is simply a calendar with a space for each day. A child places a sticky star on each day following a good night (where the goal was achieved). For a poor night (where the goal wasn't achieved), the day is left blank. You may agree a reward for a number of stars. The aim is to give the child motivation to become dry. See separate leaflet called Reward Systems for Bedwetting for more details.

1 Like

Re: What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? by Lexusgs430: 9:04am On Aug 14, 2015
brownsug:
I'm happy u don't have it,cause u wld have fepanko u know wo a mean?

If fepanko can be mixed with your brownsugar, we can make a perfect blend!!!
Re: What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 14, 2015
lekjons:
chai!! ladies deceiving men since 0001BC

Back to d topic

make i no lie, i tink i stopped at 9-10,

all those days after rough/hard play during d day, u go dey dream at night say u don dey outside the house(or inside toilet) and someone(in d dream) go dey tell u say make u weewee!!..the following day.. na swimming things! gringrin

niqqaz, am i d one 1 on dis??
I dreamnt exactly same when I was small and the end point was me titrating on my bed... grin....play no for kill us when we small...cheii..
Re: What Age Did You Stop Bed Wetting? by STARSHYNE(f): 9:15am On Aug 14, 2015
bettercreature:
She did all that but me ehn lipsrsealed.Even if I sleep on d floor for a minute lipsrsealed,u can't expect her to decorate the whole house with nylon just na

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas / Santa Thread / 57-Year-Old Man Impregnates His Wife's Sister In Ebonyi State

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.