Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:12 AM

Banks With The Worst Customer Service Award Goes To.... Eco Bank!!!! Share - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Banks With The Worst Customer Service Award Goes To.... Eco Bank!!!! Share (2024 Views)

Best Banks To Work In Nigeria: List Of Highest Paying Banks - FinancialWatchNgr / Top 3 Nigerian Banks Where Staff Do Not Work In Fear / How I Was Used And Dumped By Eco Bank Through Their Outsourced Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banks With The Worst Customer Service Award Goes To.... Eco Bank!!!! Share by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 13, 2015
I have been to many banks in Kaduna, all but one has left me feeling like a king and that is eco bank.

I had to send about 6k to a friend before 3pm today, I collected her details from a third party and they ended up giving me the wrong bank(eco instead of first) . Unknowingly I sped off to Eco bank to make my payment, I arrived at the bank hall and saw a small crowd. I was happy my transaction would be speedy but oh how naive I was. i stood in line and watcheds as the cashiers gisted and cracked jokes amongst one another while we grew weary of standing.

when my turn reached i handed in my slip gratefully and waited all of 15 mins for a receipt only for the cashier to fling the slip in my face, mutter wrong bank account and stalk out of his cubicle without an explanation or a simple excuse me to the customers.

After waiting 5 minutes, we all dispersed and joined the shortest queues available, well I was shocked when this one too with no explanation or excuse me walked out of his cubicle and shut his door.

The complaints got louder and louder... The first cashier came back and I (having called the girl to confirm numbers) quickly thrust my slip at him and begged to be attended to, He sighed, took my slip and punched in the numbers and threw my slip back at me and shouted "DID I NOT TELL YOU ITS A WRONG BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER?" I quickly called the girl and she told me it was forst bank and not Eco bank...

I apologised and withdrew but he gave a parting shot Mtchewww, its not like he is even sending big money

I have never been so humiliated in my life especially from someone who wants to enjoy my patronage.

please share accounts of bad or good customer services in banks in Nigeria.

my two kobo
Re: Banks With The Worst Customer Service Award Goes To.... Eco Bank!!!! Share by Moneyab(m): 2:53pm On Aug 13, 2015
Bros I am in agreement with you on this. I stay in Lagos. Which day we go arrange certificate of failure go give them? They seem to recruit their staff from a dung hill. Terrible set of people...

1 Like

Re: Banks With The Worst Customer Service Award Goes To.... Eco Bank!!!! Share by jesussaves22: 3:02pm On Aug 13, 2015
That is their characteristics. ECOBANK that stole my money and use it to buy oceanic bank.

1 Like

Re: Banks With The Worst Customer Service Award Goes To.... Eco Bank!!!! Share by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 13, 2015
Moneyab:
Bros I am in agreement with you on this. I stay in Lagos. Which day we go arrange certificate of failure go give them? They seem to recruit their staff from a dung hill. Terrible set of people...

Na the transport we go use go there go pain me, their customer service is certified f10..
Re: Banks With The Worst Customer Service Award Goes To.... Eco Bank!!!! Share by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 13, 2015
jesussaves22:
That is their characteristics. ECOBANK that stole my money and use it to buy oceanic bank.

lol na their kind dey recieve gentlemen of the night attacks everytime
Re: Banks With The Worst Customer Service Award Goes To.... Eco Bank!!!! Share by IgboGoat: 4:02pm On Aug 13, 2015
I will suggest you post this on all social media available till it gets to their management or better still till all Nigerians learn of their ways of "treating" customers.
SexyKaycee:
I have been to many banks in Kaduna, all but one has left me feeling like a king and that is eco bank.

I had to send about 6k to a friend before 3pm today, I collected her details from a third party and they ended up giving me the wrong bank(eco instead of first) . Unknowingly I sped off to Eco bank to make my payment, I arrived at the bank hall and saw a small crowd. I was happy my transaction would be speedy but oh how naive I was. i stood in line and watcheds as the cashiers gisted and cracked jokes amongst one another while we grew weary of standing.

when my turn reached i handed in my slip gratefully and waited all of 15 mins for a receipt only for the cashier to fling the slip in my face, mutter wrong bank account and stalk out of his cubicle without an explanation or a simple excuse me to the customers.

After waiting 5 minutes, we all dispersed and joined the shortest queues available, well I was shocked when this one too with no explanation or excuse me walked out of his cubicle and shut his door.

The complaints got louder and louder... The first cashier came back and I (having called the girl to confirm numbers) quickly thrust my slip at him and begged to be attended to, He sighed, took my slip and punched in the numbers and threw my slip back at me and shouted "DID I NOT TELL YOU ITS A WRONG BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER?" I quickly called the girl and she told me it was forst bank and not Eco bank...

I apologised and withdrew but he gave a parting shot Mtchewww, its not like he is even sending big money

I have never been so humiliated in my life especially from someone who wants to enjoy my patronage.

my two kobo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks With The Worst Customer Service Award Goes To.... Eco Bank!!!! Share by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 13, 2015
IgboGoat:
I will suggest you post this on all social media available till it gets to their management or better still till all Nigerians learn of their ways of "treating" customers.

let me take this to facebook then
Re: Banks With The Worst Customer Service Award Goes To.... Eco Bank!!!! Share by Moneyab(m): 4:51pm On Aug 13, 2015
I had to close my account with them in anger. Saucy set of animals.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks With The Worst Customer Service Award Goes To.... Eco Bank!!!! Share by Moneyab(m): 4:53pm On Aug 13, 2015
SexyKaycee:

Na the transport we go use go there go pain me, their customer service is certified f10..
We fit package the award by courier go give their MD. The bank fall hand. Na KD you dey? I been grow up there....

1 Like

Re: Banks With The Worst Customer Service Award Goes To.... Eco Bank!!!! Share by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 13, 2015
Moneyab:
I had to close my account with them in anger. Saucy set of animals.....

if I had an account with them I would do same
Re: Banks With The Worst Customer Service Award Goes To.... Eco Bank!!!! Share by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 13, 2015
Moneyab:

We fit package the award by courier go give their MD. The bank fall hand. Na KD you dey? I been grow up there....

if he is anything like his staff he will not even look at it

haha nice

whete are you now
Re: Banks With The Worst Customer Service Award Goes To.... Eco Bank!!!! Share by Moneyab(m): 6:29pm On Aug 13, 2015
[quote author=SexyKaycee post=36922629]

if he is anything like his staff he will not even look at it

haha nice

whete are you now[/quote
Lagos

1 Like

Re: Banks With The Worst Customer Service Award Goes To.... Eco Bank!!!! Share by yemikunle41: 10:20am On Aug 14, 2015
It is really unfortunate that bank staff do not understand now their insolence create problem for their organisations, especially in areas of customers loyalty. However, you can reach ECOBANK Ombudsman on 01-2260450.
They have often been known to deal with such complaints by not only redressing the customers but also sanctioning the erring staff. I speak from my personal experience.

1 Like

Re: Banks With The Worst Customer Service Award Goes To.... Eco Bank!!!! Share by esthew44: 11:21am On Aug 14, 2015
...that is what happens to all organisation with their employees, not only with Ecobank, but other banks are included; but ECOBANK Ombudsman - 01-2260450 – is the most active complaints desk I have ever encountered within the bank sector, - saying from experience.

1 Like

Re: Banks With The Worst Customer Service Award Goes To.... Eco Bank!!!! Share by hassaduz: 11:30am On Aug 14, 2015
just call to confirm, what @yemikunle41 said about ECOBANK Ombudsman ( 01-2260450 ), it was answered in less than 20seconds, though it was a pretty lady voice, I heard; because I had no issue to complaint, I ended my call. It was truly active.
yemikunle41:
It is really unfortunate that bank staff do not understand now their insolence create problem for their organisations, especially in areas of customers loyalty. However, you can reach ECOBANK Ombudsman on 01-2260450.
They have often been known to deal with such complaints by not only redressing the customers but also sanctioning the erring staff. I speak from my personal experience.

1 Like

Re: Banks With The Worst Customer Service Award Goes To.... Eco Bank!!!! Share by hassaduz: 11:36am On Aug 14, 2015
just call to confirm, what @yemikunle41 said about ECOBANK Ombudsman ( 01-2260450 ), i called the number and it was answered in less than 20seconds, though it was a pretty lady voice, I heard; because I had no issue to complaint, I ended my call. It was truly ACTIVE.
Re: Banks With The Worst Customer Service Award Goes To.... Eco Bank!!!! Share by hassaduz: 1:01pm On Aug 14, 2015
@sexykaycee, call and report ur complain to ECOBANK Ombudsman ( 01-2260450 ), i've called the number but can't speak for you... though, i bliv you'll be please with the sweet voice that will answer you call, ... lol... nothing attach shaaa; i'm jes amazed with the response i get from Ecobank -Ombudsman- back-end; so cool and welcome.
jes give a try my brother.

SexyKaycee:

my two kobo
Re: Banks With The Worst Customer Service Award Goes To.... Eco Bank!!!! Share by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 14, 2015
Thanks for the number

I will give it a ring and speak in my best bedroom voice

maybe after laying my complaint I can erm initiate further convo grin
Re: Banks With The Worst Customer Service Award Goes To.... Eco Bank!!!! Share by Eddodoh(m): 6:08pm On Aug 14, 2015
Ecobank made me go on hunger strike 4 2weeks.

I have an account wit dem & i decided to change my salary account from Stanbic Bank to my Ecobank account. At d end of d month all my colleagues received their salary but i wasn't paid.

I went to my company's accountant only to hear dat they couldn't pay me because Ecobank said dat d account number i provided is not theirs. However, i had gone to d bank b4 going to meet d Accountant & i gave d bank d same a/c number to check if any payment into my a/c has been made & d confirmed dat none. It was d customer service rep dat gave me my updated a/c number different from d one i provided.

Now d question is how was d customer care rep able to access my a/c number & even gave me d updated number if d same Ecobank claimed dat a/c number did not belong to dem in d first place.

I later received my pay after d drill.
Re: Banks With The Worst Customer Service Award Goes To.... Eco Bank!!!! Share by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 14, 2015
Eddodoh:
Ecobank made me go on hunger strike 4 2weeks.

I have an account wit dem & i decided to change my salary account from Stanbic Bank to my Ecobank account. At d end of d month all my colleagues received their salary but i wasn't paid.

I went to my company's accountant only to hear dat they couldn't pay me because Ecobank said dat d account number i provided is not theirs. However, i had gone to d bank b4 going to meet d Accountant & i gave d bank d same a/c number to check if any payment into my a/c has been made & d confirmed dat none. It was d customer service rep dat gave me my updated a/c number different from d one i provided.

Now d question is how was d customer care rep able to access my a/c number & even gave me d updated number if d same Ecobank claimed dat a/c number did not belong to dem in d first place.

I later received my pay after d drill.

woah this is so sad

i hope disciplinary action was initiated against all staff you came in contact with
Re: Banks With The Worst Customer Service Award Goes To.... Eco Bank!!!! Share by Eddodoh(m): 10:52pm On Aug 14, 2015
SexyKaycee:

woah this is so sad

i hope disciplinary action was initiated against all staff you came in contact with
I did not bother to take up a case wit dem.
Seriously, i taught dey will b better after d acquisition from Oceanic but it got worst.

1 Like

Re: Banks With The Worst Customer Service Award Goes To.... Eco Bank!!!! Share by esthew44: 11:31am On Aug 17, 2015
@sexykaycee, did you later called the Ecobank number, i want to copy it and save till d date i need it. i just want confirm from yu...?
SexyKaycee:
Thanks for the number

I will give it a ring and speak in my best bedroom voice

maybe after laying my complaint I can erm initiate further convo grin
Re: Banks With The Worst Customer Service Award Goes To.... Eco Bank!!!! Share by fav444(f): 2:18pm On Aug 17, 2015
I have two different account with them but forgo them cos of thief thief na so they thief my money small small. Na flee I flee comot for d bank.
Re: Banks With The Worst Customer Service Award Goes To.... Eco Bank!!!! Share by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 17, 2015
esthew44:
@sexykaycee, did you later called the Ecobank number, i want to copy it and save till d date i need it. i just want confirm from yu...?

sadly I havent.

but you can scroll through the messages and look fr it
Re: Banks With The Worst Customer Service Award Goes To.... Eco Bank!!!! Share by shedy03(m): 4:26pm On Mar 30, 2017
now 2017, ecobank still remains the worst bank.

(1) (Reply)

Are You Tired Of Been Broke?! / Can I Do Masters In Econometrics / Environmental Biology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.