Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,447 members, 7,816,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

NNPC New GMD Sacks 38 Senior Managers To Cut Cost - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC New GMD Sacks 38 Senior Managers To Cut Cost (744 Views)

Ize-iyamu Hosts His Campaign Managers To A Dinner / Only 38 Senior Officers Were Retired - Nigerian Army Explains / Stop Congratulatory Adverts For Me, Says New GMD NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC New GMD Sacks 38 Senior Managers To Cut Cost by drberry(m): 2:54pm On Aug 13, 2015
The Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC said
on Thursday tjay task of restructuring Corporation into a
lean , efficient , and business - focused organization has
commenced with Management ’ s approval of the
retirement of thirty - eight senior managers.

Ohi Alegbe , Group Managing Director , Public Affairs ,
NNPC said in a statement that the downsizing which saw
the exit of all senior managers who were billed to retire
between now and December 2016 is also a cost - saving
measure .

“ The exercise , apart from gearing the Corporation in the
direction of a leaner and more efficient organization , has
enormous cost- saving benefits ” .

Alegbe also announced that the Group Managing Director ,
Dr . Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu, with the approval of
President Muhammadu Buhari, has appointed new Group.

Some of the new GGMs include Mr . Mele Kyari , Crude Oil
Marketing Division ( COMD ); Mr . Ahmadu Sambo , NNPC
Oilfield Services ; Dr . Surajdeen Bola Afolabi, ITD /SAP ; Mr . Zubair Aliyu , NNPC Capital ; Mr. Dafe Sejebor , Nigerian Petroleum Investment Management Services ( NAPIMS); Mrs. Kemi Akitoye , Human Resources Division ; Mr. Godwin C . Okonkwo , Finance ; Mr . Bello Rabiu , Corporate Planning Division ; Mr. Anibo Kragha, Treasury ; and Mr. Dalhatu Makama , Shipping (Nidas & Nikorma) .

Others appointed are : Mr. Samuel Ndukwe , GGM , Power;
Mr . Mike Balami , GGM, Accounts; Mr . Yusuf Matashi ,
GGM , LNG ; Mr . Rabiu Suleiman , GGM, Engineering &
Technology; and Dr . Olubunmi Oyetunde ; GGM , Medical.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/08/13/we-sacked-38-senior-managers-to-cut-cost-nnpc-gmd/
Re: NNPC New GMD Sacks 38 Senior Managers To Cut Cost by jaytee01(m): 2:57pm On Aug 13, 2015
Does it change anything?
Re: NNPC New GMD Sacks 38 Senior Managers To Cut Cost by doublewisdom: 3:18pm On Aug 13, 2015
Cut what cost? Abi to make way for more Northerners?
Re: NNPC New GMD Sacks 38 Senior Managers To Cut Cost by nnachukz(m): 3:27pm On Aug 13, 2015
The sacking continues and unemployment statistics keep rising with no tangible change in sight except "I will, I will" comnig from a sleeping man in his palatial dream. Give me a better description of a confused government. Why sack somebody almost due for retirement.
Re: NNPC New GMD Sacks 38 Senior Managers To Cut Cost by donholy28(m): 3:41pm On Aug 13, 2015
To cut which cost?
Re: NNPC New GMD Sacks 38 Senior Managers To Cut Cost by seunmsg(m): 3:48pm On Aug 13, 2015
nnachukz:
The sacking continues and unemployment statistics keep rising with no tangible change in sight except "I will, I will" comnig from a sleeping man in his palatial dream. Give me a better description of a confused government. Why sack somebody almost due for retirement.

The people that were sacked have benefited severally from the monumental looting of NNPC in the years past. They should not be pitied. Beside, it's a good opportunity for younger ones to step up in the organisations ladder.
Re: NNPC New GMD Sacks 38 Senior Managers To Cut Cost by gbeseun(m): 3:49pm On Aug 13, 2015
All posters above me are either school boys who are yet to know what it takes to work in an organisation or small small wailing wailers.
They were retrenched since their yreas of service is close now

(1) (Reply)

Bringbackourgirls Suddenly Goes Silent / Obasanjo Criminalized Me – Orji Uzor Kalu / Photo: Top 10 Most Notable Facts About 'ISIS Leader' Ahmad Al-assir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.