Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,655 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad - Food (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad (46056 Views)

12 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad / 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad [photos] / 15 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by ronald4lif(m): 10:16pm On Aug 13, 2015
mackzydon9:
Most are chemicals after adding enough preser.... no wonder most of dem dey sick sha.

They don't have more sick people abroad than in Africa. Actually if there should anywhere with more sick people it should be Africa than in the West owing to their advancement to balanced nutrition and exercising. We love our food because that's what we were trained to eat not because it's better than theirs.

1 Like

Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by coollaw: 10:17pm On Aug 13, 2015
adeh39:
3. Ewa Aganyin

Every Nigerian beans lover are crazy about Ewa Aganyi.

Ewa Aganyi is made up of cooked beans and pepper sauce. It is a delicious beans dish, well-known for its softness and tasty sauce.
not every Nigerian like it is only in lagos we see it prepare dis way
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by MsNas(f): 10:18pm On Aug 13, 2015
GoodFaith:

Doubt what?
Year of personal experience
City like Toronto, Montreal has big Caribbean community
Talking from experience too. Canada is much bigger than Montreal or Toronto. Either way, this is not a Canada vs America thing. Thanks

1 Like

Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by macminista(m): 10:19pm On Aug 13, 2015
Bollinger:

If na only winter e for good. That phucking wind is the worst thing on earth.
..hahaha lake michigan tins
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Bollinger(m): 10:21pm On Aug 13, 2015
macminista:
..hahaha lake michigan tins

They don't call it the windy city for nothing. grin
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Bibol(f): 10:40pm On Aug 13, 2015
What I miss most is roasted plaintain. Most of the foods listed there can be gotten in African markets. As a matter of fact, I cook Nigerian meals most of the times
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by networkgenuis: 10:43pm On Aug 13, 2015
Aminat508:
Dole ne in yi dariya
cheesy cheesy
grin cheesy
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by lepasharon(f): 10:45pm On Aug 13, 2015
ronald4lif:

They don't have more sick people abroad than in Africa. Actually if there should anywhere with more sick people it should be Africa than in the West owing to their advancement to balanced nutrition and exercising. We love our food because that's what we were trained to eat not because it's better than theirs.

lool what about Obesity ? thats a 1st World problem right there

1 Like

Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by mackzydon9(m): 10:47pm On Aug 13, 2015
ronald4lif:

Boss am talking about those africans who embrace cultures dat ain't imbibed in them.
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by mikron(m): 10:52pm On Aug 13, 2015
adeh39:
12. Starch and Banga Soup

Banga Soup is well-known in the Southern part of Nigeria. They soup can be taken with Starch and it is a very delicious Nigerian food.

Who wouldn’t miss it?
as a naija delta guy this will always be my best. i no dey take starch and banga with fresh fish soup play
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by easyelliot(m): 10:54pm On Aug 13, 2015
Op...this is a five star thread!!!!!!!

I miss everything on this list and if it has not been posted here is my contribution.

OGBONO SOUP!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by bammy777(m): 11:13pm On Aug 13, 2015
adeh39:
19. Asun Goat Meat

Asun is a popular Nigerian barbecued goat meat with pepper sauce. It serves as an appetizer and always classified as a finger food. Asun is well-known in the Western part of Nigeria, among the Yoruba tribes. When Nigerians abroad crave for Asun, they remember their family gatherings or pleasant memories from home.
. U too like food
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by mufutau55(m): 11:21pm On Aug 13, 2015
GoodFaith:

In the later 80's find Nigeria food was difficult.

Yes in some areas but because NYC is the gateway, we get everything, even in the 80's.
Many people from other neighboring states used to come to NYC to buy their Nigerian food.

Hajji M.
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by fanficgirl(f): 11:58pm On Aug 13, 2015

I just ate amala with bitter life sprinkled with catfish...
What you mean we can't eat anything?
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by fanficgirl(f): 12:08am On Aug 14, 2015
Lol it's barely windy in Chicago..
Bollinger:

If na only winter e for good. That phucking wind is the worst thing on earth.
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by ronald4lif(m): 12:09am On Aug 14, 2015
lepasharon:

lool what about Obesity ? thats a 1st World problem right there

True.
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Marriott1980(m): 12:29am On Aug 14, 2015
Yevgeny:

Lol i agree with the bolded.

Most African stores sell naija beer thou. I have started making my suya myself.

Abeg how den they make suya....I have suya pepper plenty for here I only use it to cook indomie. Give me the recipe please.
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Bollinger(m): 12:33am On Aug 14, 2015
fanficgirl:
Lol it's barely windy in Chicago..

which chicago are we talking about?
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by fanficgirl(f): 12:35am On Aug 14, 2015
The same one I hope. The one with Old World Market and Rogers Park...
Bollinger:

which chicago are we talking about?
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Bollinger(m): 12:45am On Aug 14, 2015
fanficgirl:
The same one I hope. The one with Old World Market and Rogers Park...

And you say it's barely windy. That city is probably the only city where you have to take in the wind factor into consideration as well as normal weather forecast. The fracking thing nearly made me loose control of my car one day. Good riddance to that fracking city though.

P.s you brought back memories though. Old world. Chinese people and their enterprise.
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by fanficgirl(f): 12:50am On Aug 14, 2015
It's not that bad, last year was pretty decent, though to be honest, I don't exactly live in the city..
Bollinger:

And you say it's barely windy. That city is probably the only city where you have to take in the wind factor into consideration as well as normal weather forecast. The fracking thing nearly made me loose control of my car one day. Good riddance to that fracking city though.

P.s you brought back memories though. Old world. Chinese people and their enterprise.
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by AbdulMajeed2(m): 1:01am On Aug 14, 2015
this.is shit...what about GARRI...all these food mentioned here,we get most of em.broad
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Validated: 1:23am On Aug 14, 2015
Which part of the world are you guys? I have been in North America for sometime now and I am enjoying Pando with Egusi, Eba, Ndomie, Moi Moi, etc courtesy African Shops. If you need kpomo, you get. Even Alomo for those who drink alcohol it is available. things have changed.
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Nobody: 2:11am On Aug 14, 2015
Marriott1980:

Abeg how den they make suya....I have suya pepper plenty for here I only use it to cook indomie. Give me the recipe please.

Buy beef fillet at any grocery store and suya spice at the african store

crush few maggi cubes and mix with oil. (add salt)
rub the oil on the meat
rub powdered pepper too
cover with plastic and rest in the fridge for about 30 min

Take the it out after 30 min and put on skewers and rub the suya spice on it
put it in the oven till it is done

there you go cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by bukolacole(m): 2:45am On Aug 14, 2015
I just dey laugh in Obj's voice, anyway that's always been the believe, here in Houston Texas, there is no African food you won't get, we eat them daily, even my best food, though Ghanian food Banku and Groundnut soup is available on my table, the only problem is we get them at extra charges.
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by mayoralex(m): 3:13am On Aug 14, 2015
adeh39:
8. Moin Moin

Moin Moin is a Nigerian staple food which is very rich in protein.

Moin Moin is a cooked bean pudding made from combination of grounded – pealed beans, pepper, and onions. It is very delicious and tasty.
very correct, I visited a nigerian friend of mine about a month ago and his wife served me moi moi and custard I was so happy that day..Felt like I'm in nigeria again
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Jennifer89(f): 3:27am On Aug 14, 2015
Op is not informed
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by constantchanges: 4:09am On Aug 14, 2015
The truth is that most of them can be found in abroad, but it is not the same.

Let us not argue it. I spoke with someone in north America last week, the guy confessed how he missed the original naija flavour in our food.

Of course, Pando yam, Semo, Suya, Asun, kilichii, Ofada rice, Beans of different varieties etc can be found in abroad.
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by RaeMystix: 4:16am On Aug 14, 2015
Op!!!!...This is 2015 and not 1985; One could actually can get all those foods you mentioned, and even more abroad.
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by kennyrony(m): 4:36am On Aug 14, 2015
adeh39:
18. Boli and Groundnut

Boli – roasted plantain is very tasty when taken with groundnut, it is truly a delectable snack for Nigerians and that is why they miss it most when they travel abroad.

miss dis alot...
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by femi4: 5:23am On Aug 14, 2015
adeh39:
16. Gala and Lacasera

Gala and Lacasera – there is always a romantic relationship between these two, they are made for each other. Most Nigerians love Gala and Lacasera especially when they are tired and stuck in traffic for hours.
Wrong....gala and lacasera? Lacasera no longer exist. Plastic coke,fanta, Pepsi etc took over long time ago.
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by mistyebby(f): 5:34am On Aug 14, 2015
My love for food! I no go travel be that! cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

See The Diced Tomatoes And Fresh Pepper I Bought #200 And how I prepared it. / Do You Remeber This Drinks ? If Yes Which One Os Your Favorite? / Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.