Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad - Food (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad (46108 Views)

12 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad / 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad [photos] / 15 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by gayeobasan(m): 9:48am On Aug 14, 2015
Wow!!!!!!!! I'm salivating already nice op.

2 Likes

Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by petkoffDrake(m): 10:58am On Aug 14, 2015
MsNas:
Depending on your location, you might or might not miss these foods you the OP just listed. I don't cos that's all I eat and can tolerate. Nigerian food

All these food and foodstuff can be bought. Albeit a bit expensive. But it's there. So I don't think I am missing anything.

I have gotten fresh snails in at the African Produce Store in Los Angeles and at an Asian grocery store in Fresno. even bought Milo and Nido milk at Walmart in Arkansas. I've bought correct Kulikuli and Garri Ijebu at one Lagos International Market in Denver. All those Nigerian kinds of fishes (alaran, panla and all) I get from the Asian grocery stores. There is even a guy here that will sell you a whole goat. He kills it, removes the hair, cuts it up and brings it to your house. All for $300 or thereabout. You go chop am tire

I buy fresh made suya, real mallam style in Houston. Anybody that knows Ahmed in Houston will know he makes bad-ass suya. Finger Licking in Houston and Mama Vero in LA sells good food too.

Vallarta Supermarkets carry lots of food. I buy fresh cowleg, Panla fish (they will even fry it for you sef) grin, beef, cowhead, Tatase, Rodo, Fanta and Coke(the kind in bottles like Naija own), fresh Catfish for nice spicy catfish peppersoup, crab, crayfish, Shaki, Roundabout, liver and all. Mexican cuisine is similar to ours

Farmer's market... the one around Finger Licking in Houston has anything you can possibly look for. Suya spice (I make suya well well), Custard, Yam, Plantain, Eko (the ones Ibo people call agidi), fresh Naija style bread (they sell those too in Kroger), Oloyin Beans, Yam flour, Semo, Poundo Yam, Noodles (Nigerian ones and not Ramen Noodles o), Ata Gbigbe, Naija Biscuits all sorts mehn. Enter there and you will be transported to Nigeria immediately. Make I even see if i fit find pictures sef.

Sorry for the long story, I love food ni grin grin The first thing I look for when I go to a new city is an African Restaurant or store.
Don't upload pics pls. D phone am using is not up to standard cos it can't open pix. I hav missed a lot already, pity me by not uploading pix plz??
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by bummyla(m): 12:02pm On Aug 14, 2015
Fufu/Apo and Bitterleaf Soup! Nwanna! Na No. 1 Finger Licking Experience For The Whole Family! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by friends4ever(m): 12:59pm On Aug 14, 2015
agarawu23:
see your mouth

Causes Hemorrhoids
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by sonnie10: 2:47pm On Aug 14, 2015
MsNas:

Very true. Make sure to try Mexican(especially Chipotle), Italian, Indian and the good ole Chinese buffet. You'll love it! BJ's Brewhouse has some amazing western styled steak (anyhow you want it), Jambalaya and. fabulous booze from the tap Thank me later

Don't tell me you know about the bold. I will like to try that too.
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 02, 2015
adeh39:
http://www.travelstart.com.ng/blog/22-foods-nigerians-miss-most-while-living-abroad/

Even though, exotic foods are delicious and enjoyable; once in a while, some of these foods can make you feel rootless and homesick.

We know it is not easy to bring Nigerian foodstuff abroad. If you try it, you will be shocked at how people will snigger at your bags packed with Nigerian foodstuffs at the airport, especially when you have Iru (locust beans) in the bag.

There are certain foods Nigerians miss most when living abroad. Although, these foods are not necessarily our favourites, but they remind us of our fatherland and it is no wonder we get sad when alternative foods do not meet up with the original ones in taste and appearance.

Here are 22 foods Nigerians miss most while living abroad:

Hey! quite an age, what's wrong with your BBM?
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 02, 2015
SAPEDRO:
Hey! quite an age, what's wrong with your BBM?

Hi! I deleted it jare

What's up with your old moniker?
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 02, 2015
adeh39:

Hi! I deleted it jare

What's up with your old moniker?
it's still the same moniker, Android users and their hatred for bbm, did you delete whatsapp too?
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 02, 2015
SAPEDRO:
it's still the same moniker, Android users and their hatred for bbm, did you delete whatsapp too?

Hehehe...na u sabi ooo cheesy

I changed my whatsapp contact embarassed
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 02, 2015
adeh39:

Hehehe...na u sabi ooo cheesy

I changed my whatsapp contact embarassed
I even lost the former one, that's why i haven't called, you didn't even notice.
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 02, 2015
SAPEDRO:
I even lost the former one, that's why i haven't called, you didn't even notice.

Erm.... lipsrsealed

Okay, lemme send the new one smiley
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 02, 2015
adeh39:

Erm.... lipsrsealed
Okay, lemme send the new one smiley
Ok, pm right?
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 02, 2015
SAPEDRO:
Ok, pm right?

Yeah
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by olatunjithomas(m): 2:28am On Jul 15, 2016
adeh39:

Yeah

Good morning ma'am, I'm sorry to have disturbed you,but there is one thing I need from you,

Nd I will be so glad if I can get it from you my lady

with due respect ma'am, I had like you to support falconey for
Mr nairaland 2016. you've done it before, you're a champion,
you can do it again.

the profile is www.nairaland.com/falconey

thanks ma'am, respect.

if you like to join the WhatsApp group ,you can PM me, I'll sort that out.

thanks once again my lady

TEAMFALCONEY.

VOTING WILL COMMENCE ON MONDAY 18th JULY 2016.
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by Efukikata(m): 2:53am On Nov 14, 2016
Re: 22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad by chimdi101: 12:05pm On Dec 05, 2016
wow

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Do You Remeber This Drinks ? If Yes Which One Os Your Favorite? / Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos / Big Python And Bush Meat Killed By Me And My Friends.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.