Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,143 members, 7,821,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Nigerian Senate Probes OBJ , Yar’adua And Goodluck Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Senate Probes OBJ , Yar’adua And Goodluck Jonathan (550 Views)

Senate Probes Buhari, Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan Over N4tr Customs Revenue / Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard / Senate Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan’s Power Sector Spendings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Senate Probes OBJ , Yar’adua And Goodluck Jonathan by QTEST007(m): 10:45am On Aug 14, 2015

The Senate, yesterday, constituted an ad-hoc Committee to carry out a holistic investigation into the management of funds appropriated to the power sector from the Olusegun Obasanjo civilian administration to date.

Announcing the 13-man ad-hoc committee, yesterday, Senate President, Bukola Saraki urged members of the committee to consider their reputation and integrity and come up with a report that would be acceptable to Nigerians. He lamented that a lot of money had been spent on the sector with no results, while Nigeria is still faced with the challenge of power supply.

Jonathan, Yardadua and Obasanjo

The committee which has Senator Abubakar Kyari, APC, Borno North, as chairman, was also saddled with the responsibility of looking into irregularities in the unbundling of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria, PHCN.

Yesterday’s action of the Senate would inadvertently probe how the Obasanjo, Umaru Yar‘adua and Jonathan administrations managed funds allocated to the sector.

Link: http://www.gossipmill.com/2015/08/power-sector-nigerian-senate-probes-obj-yaradua-and-goodluck-jonathan/#more-16783

Now let the wailers wail and the pooharist poo.
As for me,am just spectating.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Probes OBJ , Yar’adua And Goodluck Jonathan by Pierocash(m): 10:51am On Aug 14, 2015
Why probing Obj nw? abeg probe Jonathan, he is worst.Senate been playing Ostrich since fourth republic
Re: Nigerian Senate Probes OBJ , Yar’adua And Goodluck Jonathan by omolami: 11:25am On Aug 14, 2015
A very good move by my adorable Senate. May Saraki's reign be peaceful. However, I wish to kindly request that buhari's leadership of PTF which $2.8m was said to have disappeared should equally be investigated That would balance the era of probes we are now. Thank you my dear Senate. God bless you all.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Probes OBJ , Yar’adua And Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 14, 2015
Fun fact: Does anybody remember Yar' Adua died for a full 100 days before his death was announced?

The 100 day yardstick we use to measure good governance was a full period a dead president 'ruled' over us. I can only imagine the looting that took place in those three months plus of political uncertainty.

(1) (Reply)

Ooni Was Buried On Saturday, Not Friday – Palace Source / #akwaibomait: Get Live Updates Here! / Group To Drag Buhari Before US Congress Over Benue Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.