Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,003 members, 7,838,516 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

5 Reasons Why Parents Forego "Big Phones" At The Expense Of "Smaller Ones" - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Reasons Why Parents Forego "Big Phones" At The Expense Of "Smaller Ones" (723 Views)

How Smaller Smartphone Brands Are Becoming Unapologetic Profit Driven Companies / Samsung Warns Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Stop Using Phones At Risk Of Exploding / If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why Parents Forego "Big Phones" At The Expense Of "Smaller Ones" by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 14, 2015
A nairalander(Heymus) and I have been disputing this premise on a thread that was feature on Frontpage with this pic: www.nairaland.com/attachments/2737543_yetty20150813085639_jpeg198f176890ee55eac90aa7ac28853645 .

He opines that parents don't fancy "big phones" because of they "assume it is difficult to operate" as I postulate on that Thread

so in other to win Him, I have decided to add other supplementary reasons and also created this thread since the other one is now obsolete so that I can fortify my assertion in other to ultimately defeat Him smiley

1, Enormous Sizes of "Big Phones:"
Their appearance seems to be gigantic or immense in size or structure, so it is virtually immobile and unpleasant to them.

2, High Selling Price for "Big Phones:"
So they wanna use the avialable monetary resources for procuring other pressing, exigent or fascinating basic amenities, such like food, shelter, clothes and others.
Due to the discomfiting economic situation in the country.

3, Less Complex:
They naturally prefer "small phones" because they think it won't cause them much technique to handle or management. They are soley interested in performing basic task such as:
Making calls, sending and recieving SMS, checking dates and calenders, playing miniaturized games like Snakes, Zuma, Bounce, Cards etc. So they accept the "smaller phones" because it can outrightly enable them perform these various basic tasks.

4, Exorbitant Cost of Mangement:
these so-called "big phones" requires huge sum of money to management. That is:
they are costly to repair, they require monthly internet and other forms of subscribtion to derive, exploit and enjoy their full potentials and dispensations. So parents want to spend less, and circumvent such unnessary expenditures, in other to efficiently utilize their disposable income to cater for their kids and other mutual relations. smiley

5, Time Management:
We are not oblivious that the "big phones" can be used for some of the things that consumes time, of which parents detest and prohibit. Such as:
careless uses of social media, playing games, watching and listening to squalid videos and obscene musics.
These things deprive and impede people of making optimal use of their time. Hence a need to use the "smaller phones" looking more palatable and luscious to them.

Thank You.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Parents Forego "Big Phones" At The Expense Of "Smaller Ones" by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 14, 2015
Your observation is grossly flawed, except your parents are tech nerd, probably uneducated, or enjoying their 75+ golden age
Re: 5 Reasons Why Parents Forego "Big Phones" At The Expense Of "Smaller Ones" by Nobody: 6:16am On Aug 15, 2015
indigene:
Your observation is grossly flawed, except your parents are tech nerd, probably uneducated, or enjoying their 75+ golden age
ok. but I still affairm that there is disparity in the views and discretion of everybody. people evaluate premise from their own sentiments.
as a result of that, we get miscellanous postulations.

thanks
Re: 5 Reasons Why Parents Forego "Big Phones" At The Expense Of "Smaller Ones" by Heymus(m): 10:15am On Aug 15, 2015
blueto:
A nairalander(Heymus) and I have been disputing this premise on a thread that was feature on Frontpage with this pic: www.nairaland.com/attachments/2737543_yetty20150813085639_jpeg198f176890ee55eac90aa7ac28853645 .

He opines that parents don't fancy "big phones" because of they "assume it is difficult to operate" as I postulate on that Thread

so in other to win Him, I have decided to add other supplementary reasons and also created this thread since the other one is now obsolete so that I can fortify my assertion in other to ultimately defeat Him smiley

1, Enormous Sizes of "Big Phones:"
Their appearance seems to be gigantic or immense in size or structure, so it is virtually immobile and unpleasant to them.

2, High Selling Price for "Big Phones:"
So they wanna use the avialable monetary resources for procuring other pressing, exigent or fascinating basic amenities, such like food, shelter, clothes and others.
Due to the discomfiting economic situation in the country.

3, Less Complex:
They naturally prefer "small phones" because they think it won't cause them much technique to handle or management. They are soley interested in performing basic task such as:
Making calls, sending and recieving SMS, checking dates and calenders, playing miniaturized games like Snakes, Zuma, Bounce, Cards etc. So they accept the "smaller phones" because it can outrightly enable them perform these various basic tasks.

4, Exorbitant Cost of Mangement:
these so-called "big phones" requires huge sum of money to management. That is:
they are costly to repair, they require monthly internet and other forms of subscribtion to derive, exploit and enjoy their full potentials and dispensations. So parents want to spend less, and circumvent such unnessary expenditures, in other to efficiently utilize their disposable income to cater for their kids and other mutual relations. smiley

5, Time Management:
We are not oblivious that the "big phones" can be used for some of the things that consumes time, of which parents detest and prohibit. Such as:
careless uses of social media, playing games, watching and listening to squalid videos and obscene musics.
These things deprive and impede people of making optimal use of their time. Hence a need to use the "smaller phones" looking more palatable and luscious to them.

Thank You.
yours points are so lovely, but why are you argueing with me now? Exactly my point on this issue, have you forgotten what my stand is? Lemme remain you, i said parents dont use expensive phone because they are not easy to be operated as you stated before, but because they have other things to take care of
Re: 5 Reasons Why Parents Forego "Big Phones" At The Expense Of "Smaller Ones" by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 15, 2015
Heymus:
yours points are so lovely, but why are you argueing with me now? Exactly my point on this issue, have you forgotten what my stand is? Lemme remain you, i said parents dont use expensive phone because they are not easy to be operated as you stated before, but because they have other things to take care of
ok sir.

No more arguements.

case closed!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Airtel 1gb For 1000 / Antutu Names Meizu Pro 5 As The Top Android Phone Ahead Of Samsung, Others. / Who Else Is Experiencing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.