Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Agriculture Is Better Than Oil? Help A Confused Youth - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Agriculture Is Better Than Oil? Help A Confused Youth (8101 Views)

"Agriculture Is My MMM" -Journalist Says As He Shares Photos Of His Farm Produce / Agriculture Is Not The Magic Solution - By Simon Kolawole / Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agriculture Is Better Than Oil? Help A Confused Youth by mashnino(m): 5:37pm On Aug 14, 2015
Hello guys, the topic title was just random so please don't think you are coming here to see an arguement..

By God's grace we are hoping Nigeria will go back to agriculture and leave Crude oil which has cause more problems

than solutions to the economy..

we all know that to get into the oil and gas business is something that only those with big pockets can do...

i am a struggling youth.. i want to delve into agriculture so much but i dont know where to start..

all Nigerians are talking about how going back into agriculture can help the economy

but no one is willing to help out those that want to.. even the ones already reaping from the agriculture..

first things first.. I am from jos but grew up in lagos. My family own a number of irish potatoes plantation..

hence my grand dad's name "mai-dankali"

but i dont just know how to grasp the agriculture thing.. i really want to do agriculture.

i read a post of how strawberry was grown in VOM, plateau state shocked shocked shocked shocked my own state ooo... strawberry..

so guys please can anybody give me some few guidelines or hints on how to go about this....

thank you
Re: Agriculture Is Better Than Oil? Help A Confused Youth by Pheals(f): 5:40pm On Aug 14, 2015
shocked
Re: Agriculture Is Better Than Oil? Help A Confused Youth by mashnino(m): 5:43pm On Aug 14, 2015
Pheals:
shocked

any problem...?
Re: Agriculture Is Better Than Oil? Help A Confused Youth by sseunth(m): 5:51pm On Aug 14, 2015
Is it cultivation of land or rearing of animals? Which one do you wanna go for?
Re: Agriculture Is Better Than Oil? Help A Confused Youth by mashnino(m): 10:48pm On Aug 14, 2015
sseunth:
Is it cultivation of land or rearing of animals? Which one do you wanna go for?

cultivation...
Re: Agriculture Is Better Than Oil? Help A Confused Youth by sseunth(m): 10:02am On Aug 15, 2015
mashnino:

cultivation...

the crop u wanna cultivate...is it mixed cropping u want to practice or single?
Re: Agriculture Is Better Than Oil? Help A Confused Youth by mashnino(m): 10:22am On Aug 15, 2015
for now single..

the cultivation is not the problem..

penetrating the market is.. that is where i am kinda very noob

how can i get the right market to make supplies to...
Re: Agriculture Is Better Than Oil? Help A Confused Youth by sseunth(m): 1:22pm On Aug 15, 2015
The market depends on the crop you want to cultivate. If it is cocoa, you will have to look for peopLe that are into exportation of cocoa. If it is plantain, you go to areas that plantain are very expensive while you sell per dozen.

For example, you can look for sellers of plantain in lagos, sell it per dozen...I think it is around 1k per bunch...so a dozen should be around 12k...but u can lower ur own price...and make it like 10k or 11k per dozen...

Just meet the sellers that are selling in bulk..reduce ur price a liTtle...but make sure u are making profit while naming ur price.
Re: Agriculture Is Better Than Oil? Help A Confused Youth by mashnino(m): 1:43pm On Aug 15, 2015
sseunth:
The market depends on the crop you want to cultivate. If it is cocoa, you will have to look for peopLe that are into exportation of cocoa. If it is plantain, you go to areas that plantain are very expensive while you sell per dozen.

For example, you can look for sellers of plantain in lagos, sell it per dozen...I think it is around 1k per bunch...so a dozen should be around 12k...but u can lower ur own price...and make it like 10k or 11k per dozen...

Just meet the sellers that are selling in bulk..reduce ur price a liTtle...but make sure u are making profit while naming ur price.

thank you sir....
Re: Agriculture Is Better Than Oil? Help A Confused Youth by sseunth(m): 1:47pm On Aug 15, 2015
mashnino:

thank you sir....
lol u wlc
Re: Agriculture Is Better Than Oil? Help A Confused Youth by tomdon(m): 2:30am On Nov 24, 2015
mashnino:
Hello guys, the topic title was just random so please don't think you are coming here to see an arguement..

By God's grace we are hoping Nigeria will go back to agriculture and leave Crude oil which has cause more problems

we all know that to get into the oil and gas business is something that only those with big pockets can do...

i am a struggling youth.. i want to delve into agriculture so much but i dont know where to start..

all Nigerians are talking about how going back into agriculture can help the economy

but no one is willing to help out those that want to.. even the ones already ripping from the agriculture..

first things first.. I am from jos but grew up in lagos. My family own a number of irish potatoes plantation..

but i dont just know how to grasp the agriculture thing.. i really want to do agriculture.

i read a post of how strawberry was grown in VOM, plateau state shocked shocked shocked shocked my own state ooo... strawberry..

so guys please can anybody give me some few guidelines or hints on how to go about this....

thank you

hello,
where are you based
can you let's talk and see what obtains
many thanks
Re: Agriculture Is Better Than Oil? Help A Confused Youth by Pavore9: 9:26am On Nov 24, 2015
mashnino:

but no one is willing to help out those that want to.. even the ones already reaping from the agriculture..

thank you

Your family is into Irish potatoes in Jos while you live in Lagos. Look for market outlets in Lagos such as eateries that are into potatoes chips. Since it is straight from the farm to Lagos, no middle men involved your price should be competitive. Work on packaging, have the potatoes washed, sorted and packed in plastic crates as against sacks. You can bring it down to Lagos with sacks but for delivery plastic crates will make sense. Something like the attached picture.

(1) (Reply)

Contact To Buy Pomo Ijebu Directly From Buca / Want To Purchase Palm Kernel Cake (PKC)? We Supply! / Export Business Experts Speak On Boosting Non-oil Export In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.