Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Why University Applicants Would Be Forced To Revert To Jamb's Policy - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why University Applicants Would Be Forced To Revert To Jamb's Policy (660 Views)

JAMB Policy Meeting And Number Of Applicants Per School / UTME Registration: Cyber Café Owners Want Senate To Investigate New JAMB Policy / JAMB Should Revert To Paper-pencil Test - House Of Reps Orders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why University Applicants Would Be Forced To Revert To Jamb's Policy by oluwadanie1(m): 7:36pm On Aug 14, 2015
Nigerian university aspirants would be forced to go back to their
vomits as admission processes take place in institutions throughout
the country.
It would be recalled that virtually all the aspirants frowned at the
previously adopted JAMB policy which has already been
scrapped.

I really have a strong opinion that these aspirants whom have turned
down a supposed helping hand from JAMB to gain admission would later
clamour for this policy to be readopted.

Some few weeks back, JAMB boss Professor Dibu Ojerinde had clearly
stated that over 600,000 candidates would not be admitted this year
given the carrying capacity of our universities. Hence the big
question, Are these 600,000 ready to sit at home for another year?
Your guess is as good as mine.

Aside from this, lets feature other statistics;

*In University of Ibadan, the DVC had stated that only 3000 apllicants
can be admitted out of 33,000.

*in University of Ilorin, out of over 100,000 applicants, do you think
15% of them has a chance of being admitted? Well i don't think so.

Given this large number of potentially unadmitted candidates, don't
you think there would be a public outcry for the policy be adopted
once again? I sincerely think so.

I rest my pen.

source: http://www.campusdailies.com/2015/08/why-university-applicants-would-be.html?m=1
Re: Why University Applicants Would Be Forced To Revert To Jamb's Policy by damola44(m): 7:39pm On Aug 14, 2015
Lol "I rest my pen" grin.
Nyc write op jare @o.p, I hope the jamb board gets this into their thick skull tongue
Re: Why University Applicants Would Be Forced To Revert To Jamb's Policy by demmy0325(m): 7:45pm On Aug 14, 2015
Op.. I know Ur write-up is copy and paste.. Buh lemme ask U this.. Are U an admission seeker?..
Re: Why University Applicants Would Be Forced To Revert To Jamb's Policy by vivypretty(f): 7:50pm On Aug 14, 2015
i think the policy was good cause the only people it affected where people who performed poorly in jamb and didnt reach their desired university cut-off mark and most of those schools are over populated so there is 90% possibility they wont gain admission
but the only bad thing about the policy was them posting some people in private school which some people cannot afford.
Re: Why University Applicants Would Be Forced To Revert To Jamb's Policy by oluwadanie1(m): 7:51pm On Aug 14, 2015
demmy0325:
Op.. I know Ur write-up is copy and paste.. Buh lemme ask U this.. Are U an admission seeker?..

you don't just conclude every writeup is copy and paste like you're one magician. you can Google it if you'll see a similar article.

am not, why do you ask?
Re: Why University Applicants Would Be Forced To Revert To Jamb's Policy by demmy0325(m): 7:54pm On Aug 14, 2015
oluwadanie1:

you don't just conclude every writeup is copy and paste like you're one magician. you can Google it if you'll see a similar article.

am not, why do you ask?
.. Gues we done here..
Re: Why University Applicants Would Be Forced To Revert To Jamb's Policy by donholy28(m): 7:57pm On Aug 14, 2015
damola44:
Lol "I rest my pen" grin.
Nyc write op jare @o.p, I hope the jamb board gets this into their thick skull tongue
u didn't read...who is to take note..jamb or d students
Re: Why University Applicants Would Be Forced To Revert To Jamb's Policy by damola44(m): 8:03pm On Aug 14, 2015
donholy28:
I read it but my point is that, the system is both influenced by the students and jamb board so a change in one will lead to another, the students failed to prove their worth to jamb so they r at jambs mercy.
I rest my inkink tongueembarassed
Re: Why University Applicants Would Be Forced To Revert To Jamb's Policy by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 14, 2015
donholy28:
OyaMiLenu
Re: Why University Applicants Would Be Forced To Revert To Jamb's Policy by oluwadanie1(m): 8:10pm On Aug 14, 2015
lalasticlala ishilove seun

(1) (Reply)

Whiteplains British Schools Abuja Among Top 5 Secondary Schools In Africa / Meet The Nigerian Boy Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools / Reasons Behind "Mid Semester Break" In OAU Signed By TY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.