Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,685 members, 7,809,589 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

The Death Of Ooni And The Disappearance Of Abobaku: This Is The Full Story. Pics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Death Of Ooni And The Disappearance Of Abobaku: This Is The Full Story. Pics (7522 Views)

EFCC Must Probe Disappearance Of Jonathan’s 69 Prado Suvs —ekujumi / Lamorde’s ‘disappearance’ Stalls N1trn Probe – Senate / The Truth Behind The Deceitful Story Of Abobaku And Ile Ife: Ife Indigenes React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Death Of Ooni And The Disappearance Of Abobaku: This Is The Full Story. Pics by talktomazech: 11:31pm On Aug 14, 2015
The death of Ooni of Ife and the search of the Abobaku – man appointed to be buried alive with the king

The traditional ruler, Oba Okunade Sijuwade - popularly known as the Ooni of Ile-Ife died on July 28, 2015.

In the tradition of ancient Ile Ife in Yoruba, Nigeria, when a king dies, a man is appointed to be buried alive with him. Since the death of Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade, news went viral that 'The Abobaku', the man appointed to be buried with him disappeared!

Background:
According to source, the Ooni of Ife is the paramout yoruba traditional ruler of Ile Ife, the ancestral home of the Yorubas. Since the demise of Oduduwa, 49 Kings had reigned in Ile Ife with the title, "Ooni of Ife. The royal dynasty could be traced back to over 500 B.C and was pioneered by Ooni Odùduwà who was the ancestral father of the Yorubas.

Ooni Oduduwa was succeeded by Ooni Osangangan Obamakin who was also succeeded by his son,Ooni Ogun. Following the demise of Ooni Ogun, Ooni Obalufon Ogbogbodirin ascended the throne as the 4th paramout ruler of the ancient city, "Ile Ife" and was succeeded by his son, Ooni Obalufon Alayemore. Oranyan Omoluabisucceeded Ooni Obalufon Alayemore. Oranyan was Ooni Oduduwa's last born and one of Oduduwa's principal ministers and overseer of the nascent Benin Empire. He was the father of the pioneer Oba of Benin and first the Aláàfin of Oyowas one of his sons.

The story and disappearance of the Abobaku:
According to ancient tradition of Ife, a king does not die alone. His burial rites include being buried with other people. The Abobaku is a title that means “The one who dies with the king”.
He is a person that is appointed upon a king’s coronation, to be buried with the king when he eventually dies. Abobaku's job is to serve the king, die with the king, buried with the king, and attend to him in the 'afterlife'.

As the search for Abobaku continues, internet is full of several photos that portray the identity of the man ‘Abobaku’. None has been confirmed as authentic.

According to BBC though, 'The practice of burying someone alive with king has long been abolished.'

But, what more do we know about 'The Abobaku' and Ooni of Ile-Ife

After gathering information from different sources, this is the full story as of today:

Click to read latest gist and watch video - https://www.mazech.com/Ooni_of_ife

***Ooni of Ile-Ife has been buried*** cry

1 Share

Re: The Death Of Ooni And The Disappearance Of Abobaku: This Is The Full Story. Pics by talktomazech: 11:31pm On Aug 14, 2015
cry cry cry

Re: The Death Of Ooni And The Disappearance Of Abobaku: This Is The Full Story. Pics by Davidson267(m): 11:40pm On Aug 14, 2015
If i open that link,make i bend

3 Likes

Re: The Death Of Ooni And The Disappearance Of Abobaku: This Is The Full Story. Pics by Rick9(m): 11:59pm On Aug 14, 2015
if I click that link eh make my boxers tear.

3 Likes

Re: The Death Of Ooni And The Disappearance Of Abobaku: This Is The Full Story. Pics by 400billionman: 12:02am On Aug 15, 2015
He lives to

DIE ANOTHER DAY..
Re: The Death Of Ooni And The Disappearance Of Abobaku: This Is The Full Story. Pics by sagewonders(m): 12:09am On Aug 15, 2015
hmm
Re: The Death Of Ooni And The Disappearance Of Abobaku: This Is The Full Story. Pics by talktomazech: 12:10am On Aug 15, 2015
Read the latest and complete information as of now...even as reported by BBC

More - https://www.mazech.com/Ooni_of_ife

Re: The Death Of Ooni And The Disappearance Of Abobaku: This Is The Full Story. Pics by Raemhure001(m): 12:51am On Aug 15, 2015
Okay
Re: The Death Of Ooni And The Disappearance Of Abobaku: This Is The Full Story. Pics by ademusiwa9: 12:54am On Aug 15, 2015
And his abobaku ran away.

Abobaku are military adc camp
Re: The Death Of Ooni And The Disappearance Of Abobaku: This Is The Full Story. Pics by talktomazech: 1:27am On Aug 15, 2015
cry sad cry
Re: The Death Of Ooni And The Disappearance Of Abobaku: This Is The Full Story. Pics by babadem2much(m): 1:50am On Aug 15, 2015
Who is that man with big belle allighting from vehicle with a staff of office? If that man is the Abobaku then the casket will not be enough for d two of them.

Though he run so that he will leave to die another day n be buried alone. Chai nothing sweet like life jare, even if am d one guy i tuleeh joorh
Re: The Death Of Ooni And The Disappearance Of Abobaku: This Is The Full Story. Pics by Nobody: 2:15am On Aug 15, 2015
If I open that link, make I turn to Q
Re: The Death Of Ooni And The Disappearance Of Abobaku: This Is The Full Story. Pics by talktomazech: 5:48am On Aug 15, 2015
cry angry
Re: The Death Of Ooni And The Disappearance Of Abobaku: This Is The Full Story. Pics by Bishop4bella(m): 6:00am On Aug 15, 2015
Why not stop all these lies. Nothing like abobaku in ile ife since the time of ooni Aderemi, the king ooni sijuade.

All these story of abobaku is an old way to burying the king but just need to be careful because the king can not be bury alone.

I don't know where you see your picture of abobaku because that's not from ile-Ife.

Thanks
Re: The Death Of Ooni And The Disappearance Of Abobaku: This Is The Full Story. Pics by Nobody: 6:03am On Aug 15, 2015
Yoloba people are cowards grin

1 Like

Re: The Death Of Ooni And The Disappearance Of Abobaku: This Is The Full Story. Pics by talktomazech: 6:36am On Aug 15, 2015
Still on The Abobaku...

Re: The Death Of Ooni And The Disappearance Of Abobaku: This Is The Full Story. Pics by Codedeben: 7:02am On Aug 15, 2015
You people should stop this Abobaku nonsense. Its nothing but a fabricated story. To think some so called learned people believe the shii, it's really beyond me. It's an old tradition that's no longer practiced. Even if it were still in vogue, how far do you think the "Abobaku" could run before he'd be "remote-controlled" back home?

Have you noticed no major news media carried the story of the AWOL of the acclaimed "Abobaku"? You only get to read the shii on blogs.
Re: The Death Of Ooni And The Disappearance Of Abobaku: This Is The Full Story. Pics by RockMaxi: 7:10am On Aug 15, 2015
talktomazech:

Read the latest and complete information as of now...even as reported by BBC

More - https://www.mazech.com/Ooni_of_ife

You need to stop copy and paste and get down to doing research on topics you are not familiar with. This picture below exposed you. The picture is not for any Abobaku but a competition in Ethiopia were the fattest man is been crowned.
Learn to feed your audience with facts and not fictions. angry

Re: The Death Of Ooni And The Disappearance Of Abobaku: This Is The Full Story. Pics by Codedeben: 7:12am On Aug 15, 2015
Bishop4bella:
Why not stop all these lies. Nothing like abobaku in ile ife since the time of ooni Aderemi, the king ooni sijuade.

All these story of abobaku is an old way to burying the king but just need to be careful because the king can not be bury alone.

I don't know where you see your picture of abobaku because that's not from ile-Ife.

Thanks

My brother, i tire ooo. All these bloggers. You can even see the guy including the picture of OAU theater Art Students as residents of Ife during the burial.. The guy sourced the Internet for different images just to showcase his lack of cognitive skills. An informed mimd would have known the whole Abobaku shii is nothing but a hoax.

The whole internet is awash of the story of one Abobaku absconding. I get irritated reading it. In this age and time would someone be sacrificing his life for a king that passed. If it were to be true would it even be made public? Funny enough, no major tabloid or news media broadcast the news and everyone is going about wit the rumor.
Re: The Death Of Ooni And The Disappearance Of Abobaku: This Is The Full Story. Pics by talktomazech: 7:42am On Aug 15, 2015
As the search for 'The Abobaku' continues, this is what we found out + our conclusion:

Read the full story before you comment. Click here - https://www.mazech.com/Ooni_of_ife

(1) (Reply)

Court Adjourns Hearing On El-zakzaky’s Bail Application Till Aug. 2 / Police Arrest Three Suspected Kidnappers, Rescue Female Victim In Adamawa / Peter Obi Congratulates And Celebrates With Tunde Onakoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.