Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,439 members, 7,853,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:31 AM

Nigerian High Commissioner To UK, Tafida, Bows Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian High Commissioner To UK, Tafida, Bows Out (694 Views)

Court Sends Adamawa Ex-commissioner To 10 Years In Prison For Embezzlement / Buhari Did Not Refuse Any Rolls Royce From Us” – High Commissioner To The UK / Buhari Sacks Tafida, Bianca, Maduekwe, Farounbi, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian High Commissioner To UK, Tafida, Bows Out by HungerBAD: 9:49am On Aug 15, 2015
AFTER seven years as the Nigerian High Commissioner to the United Kingdom (UK), Dr. Dalhatu Sarki Tafida on Thursday bowed out of the office he has occupied since 2008, when the late President Umaru Yar’ Adua appointed and sent him over to serve.

A one-time personal physician to Second Republic President, Alhaji Shehu Shagari, Tafida, who is now the longest-serving Nigerian High Commissioner to the UK, was honoured in an unusual way – and perhaps the first of its kind when the banking hall of the Northumberland Avenue office of the Mission was named after him.

The Head of Information at the embassy, Simon Ogah, confirmed this to The Guardian yesterday, noting that the banking hall was renamed after the soft spoken, but hard working Second Republic senator, who is set to leave for Nigeria today.

Prior to biding goodbye to staff and members of the embassy, the Nigerian community had treated him and his wife to a series of activities and send off parties in the last couple of days.

Tafida, during his time brought changes to the once notoriously chaotic embassy and also got rid of a passport racket that dragged the name of the mission in the mud, while ripping off UK-based Nigerians who wanted to get new passports.

During his last media session last Monday, he disclosed how he personally requested that the insider who was collaborating with others to charge between £500 and £700 for Nigerian passport was recalled to Nigeria, by personally taking a letter to Abuja to ensure it got to the right person. “People were paying between £500 to £700 to an account,” he revealed on Monday, noting that he wanted “the culprit removed, and he was removed.”

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/08/nigerian-high-commissioner-to-uk-tafida-bows-out/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian High Commissioner To UK, Tafida, Bows Out by carinmom(f): 10:15am On Aug 15, 2015
The incorruptible Tafida. You are loved for your integrity and uprightness. We welcome you back.
Re: Nigerian High Commissioner To UK, Tafida, Bows Out by ZeezaRapture(m): 10:26am On Aug 15, 2015
He didnt "bow out". He was fired!angry
Re: Nigerian High Commissioner To UK, Tafida, Bows Out by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 15, 2015
ZeezaRapture:
He didnt "bow out". He was fired!angry
who fired him? It seems you log into SR for online news and read The Nation newspaper during your siesta
Re: Nigerian High Commissioner To UK, Tafida, Bows Out by baadejoko: 10:31am On Aug 15, 2015
Ok next
Re: Nigerian High Commissioner To UK, Tafida, Bows Out by ZeezaRapture(m): 10:35am On Aug 15, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
who fired him? It seems you log into SR for online news and read The Nation newspaper during your siesta

I once told you to never quote me in your NL life again, didn't I?undecided
Re: Nigerian High Commissioner To UK, Tafida, Bows Out by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 15, 2015
ZeezaRapture:

I once told you to never quote me in your NL life again, didn't I?undecided
Take your miserable life out of my mentions, you are busy making stupid comments here. Lalastclala remove this moniker for being a nuisance here
Re: Nigerian High Commissioner To UK, Tafida, Bows Out by ZeezaRapture(m): 10:45am On Aug 15, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Take your miserable life out of my mentions, you are busy making stupid comments here. Lalasticlala remove this moniker for being a nuisance here

you should even be banned for calling me a nuisance. Rubbish!! Whenever you see a ZeezaRapture's comment here on NL, just ignore or get hit by the bullangry mofo
Re: Nigerian High Commissioner To UK, Tafida, Bows Out by haqueurate(m): 10:48am On Aug 15, 2015
Ok, he done try

(1) (Reply)

AKAI 3.8 Kg Washing Machine - Wm013a-38tt ₦ 19,500 / #whenaliensmeetnigerians / FG Converts 11 States’ Bank Debts To Bonds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.