Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,024 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

Ok, Am Like So Obsessed With Bottled Water. I Heard That It's Not Good. How? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ok, Am Like So Obsessed With Bottled Water. I Heard That It's Not Good. How? (3023 Views)

Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX / DEW Bottled Water Fatal Poisoning Hoax / I Am Obsessed With consuming sand!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ok, Am Like So Obsessed With Bottled Water. I Heard That It's Not Good. How? by Nobody: 12:07am On Mar 25, 2009
Bottled water in the Fridge.

Bottled water in the car.

Bottled water in my purse.

I heard that it's not good for the body. . . .is this a myth or fact?

And why isn't it good again? Educate me
Re: Ok, Am Like So Obsessed With Bottled Water. I Heard That It's Not Good. How? by SwaggaCob(m): 12:20am On Mar 25, 2009
If bottled water is not good, is carbonated water the option to go with? A friend once told me that some chemical reactions do take place inside the water as a result of bottle particles. These particles are invisible and not dangerous to the consumer but cant fathom the effect excess of it would'av.
Re: Ok, Am Like So Obsessed With Bottled Water. I Heard That It's Not Good. How? by Nobody: 12:28am On Mar 25, 2009
SwaggaCob:

If bottled water is not good, is carbonated water the option to go with? A friend once told me that some chemical reactions do take place inside the water as a result of bottle particles. These particles are invisible and not dangerous to the consumer but cant fathom the effect excess of it would'av.
Wowwwwwwwwww!! It's like you tried to get to me, but I didn't get it. tongue

[Quite impressive when they turn serious and type like students for once. Am astound!]

Ok, but be more specific on how it can be a danger to the drinker.
Re: Ok, Am Like So Obsessed With Bottled Water. I Heard That It's Not Good. How? by SwaggaCob(m): 12:40am On Mar 25, 2009
Sorry I wasn't able to carry you along. I could barely remember the techy jargons he told me. Anyways, he just sent me the link http://tusb.stanford.edu/2007/10/the_war_against_bottled_water_1.html . B.t.w, can u explain what u meant in the bolded part?
Re: Ok, Am Like So Obsessed With Bottled Water. I Heard That It's Not Good. How? by Nobody: 12:41am On Mar 25, 2009
SwaggaCob:

Sorry I wasn't able to carry you along. I could barely remember the techy jargons he told me. Anyways, he just sent me the link http://tusb.stanford.edu/2007/10/the_war_against_bottled_water_1.html . B.t.w, can u explain what u meant in the bolded part?
rotflmao. . . .so those weren't your words.

Bolded will be clarified when your identity is revealed. Deal
Re: Ok, Am Like So Obsessed With Bottled Water. I Heard That It's Not Good. How? by Nobody: 12:43am On Mar 25, 2009
The website you gave me showed how it'll affect the environment, not me specifically.
Re: Ok, Am Like So Obsessed With Bottled Water. I Heard That It's Not Good. How? by MrCrackles(m): 12:46am On Mar 25, 2009
Poster
No be your fault, na persin wey give you visa go yankee!

If not, na you and pure water go dey battle am for Mushin!!

Yeye gurl tongue
Re: Ok, Am Like So Obsessed With Bottled Water. I Heard That It's Not Good. How? by Nobody: 12:47am On Mar 25, 2009
MrCrackles:

Poster
No be your fault, na persin wey give you visa go yankee!

If not, na you and pure water go dey battle am for Mushin!!

Yeye gurl tongue

rotflmao cheesy oogbadun.

Pure water is the new Bottled water, didn't you hear?

Visa ke? shocked shocked
Re: Ok, Am Like So Obsessed With Bottled Water. I Heard That It's Not Good. How? by chiogo(f): 12:49am On Mar 25, 2009
It's not that it's not good but it's not all that pure 100%. It contains germs just like water straight from the tap.

So, just bear in mind when drinking bottled water that it's not the best, that doesn't mean you shouldn't drink it as there is no best one out there.
Re: Ok, Am Like So Obsessed With Bottled Water. I Heard That It's Not Good. How? by Nobody: 12:54am On Mar 25, 2009
chiogo:

It's not that it's not good but it's not all that pure 100%. It contains germs just like water straight from the tap.

So, just bear in mind when drinking bottled water that it's not the best, that doesn't mean you shouldn't drink it as there is no best one out there.
I read somewhere that even tap water is better than bottled water.

I don't want think so
Re: Ok, Am Like So Obsessed With Bottled Water. I Heard That It's Not Good. How? by OgidiBoy(m): 12:55am On Mar 25, 2009
I was watching something in the news last year about some company here in the states that just fills in the bottles with tap water and sell it. Don't remember the name of the company but they said it was perfectly legal so paying for bottled water was just a waste of money.
Re: Ok, Am Like So Obsessed With Bottled Water. I Heard That It's Not Good. How? by SwaggaCob(m): 12:56am On Mar 25, 2009
Re: Ok, Am Like So Obsessed With Bottled Water. I Heard That It's Not Good. How? by OgidiBoy(m): 12:56am On Mar 25, 2009
Some states add fluoride to tap water which is good for your teeth.
Re: Ok, Am Like So Obsessed With Bottled Water. I Heard That It's Not Good. How? by Nobody: 12:56am On Mar 25, 2009
OgidiBoy:

I was watching something in the news last year about some company here in the states that just fills in the bottles with tap water and sell it. Don't remember the name of the company but they said it was perfectly legal so paying for bottled water was just a waste of money.
oh hell no!!

It cost a fortune to buy bottled water. I'd have sued them.

Was it the one that starts with D? I noticed that it tastes bitter after a while
Re: Ok, Am Like So Obsessed With Bottled Water. I Heard That It's Not Good. How? by Nobody: 12:57am On Mar 25, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Some states add fluoride to tap water which is good for your teeth.
It is. . . .and it works well for the enamel wink

SwaggaCob:

Check these out before you yab me for not writing like a student.
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-wellbeing/health-news/health-warning-over-safety-of-bottled-water-430620.html

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs256/en/
Oh no, I was actually complimenting you.
You wrote like a student up there wink

I'll check out the links
Re: Ok, Am Like So Obsessed With Bottled Water. I Heard That It's Not Good. How? by OgidiBoy(m): 1:03am On Mar 25, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

oh hell no!!

It cost a fortune to buy bottled water. I'd have sued them.

Was it the one that starts with D? I noticed that it tastes bitter after a while

It was last year dear I don't remember the names now, but I'm sure if you do some research you'd find out. The only time I buy bottled water is when I'm in a place that gets it's water from wells. That hard water from wells just kills me.
Re: Ok, Am Like So Obsessed With Bottled Water. I Heard That It's Not Good. How? by Nobody: 1:08am On Mar 25, 2009
OgidiBoy:

It was last year dear I don't remember the names now, but I'm sure if you do some research you'd find out. The only time I buy bottled water is when I'm in a place that gets it's water from wells. That hard water from wells just kills me.
Then what water do you drink? embarassed not tap, I hope.

I don't trust tap water because of the rusting pipes
Re: Ok, Am Like So Obsessed With Bottled Water. I Heard That It's Not Good. How? by OgidiBoy(m): 1:10am On Mar 25, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

Then what water do you drink? embarassed not tap, I hope.

I don't trust tap water because of the rusting pipes

Rusting pipes shocked shocked shocked what state or how old is the house you live in, most states now make it mandatory to use PVC pipes.
Re: Ok, Am Like So Obsessed With Bottled Water. I Heard That It's Not Good. How? by Nobody: 1:16am On Mar 25, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Rusting pipes shocked shocked shocked what state or how old is the house you live in, most states now make it mandatory to use PVC pipes.
LOL, I once watched an episode from HOUSE.
This lady got admitted to the hospital, later diagnosed as poison from rusted pipelines.

You know that you and your neighbor share the same pipeline, right?
Who knows whats up in there?
Re: Ok, Am Like So Obsessed With Bottled Water. I Heard That It's Not Good. How? by OgidiBoy(m): 1:19am On Mar 25, 2009
The chlorine they add at the water treatment should take care of all the stuff that is harmful.
Re: Ok, Am Like So Obsessed With Bottled Water. I Heard That It's Not Good. How? by Nobody: 1:21am On Mar 25, 2009
OgidiBoy:

The chlorine they add at the water treatment should take care of all the stuff that is harmful.
So how dirty can bottled water be if tap water is no better.

What I really want to know is why it's not healthy.
Re: Ok, Am Like So Obsessed With Bottled Water. I Heard That It's Not Good. How? by OgidiBoy(m): 1:29am On Mar 25, 2009
It depends on who you talk to dear, some people will tell you the drink bottled water because the can't stand the chlorine or the fluoride. Some drink bottled water because it's distilled and gone through the Reverse Osmosis process and some like me don't care and just drink the tap water. grin
Re: Ok, Am Like So Obsessed With Bottled Water. I Heard That It's Not Good. How? by Nobody: 1:29am On Mar 25, 2009
ogidiboy, pls can you translate this for me pls?

hapu onye ara Old park anunwa ka o gbara oto gbaba na Ogbete market

thanks
Re: Ok, Am Like So Obsessed With Bottled Water. I Heard That It's Not Good. How? by Moyola(f): 1:34am On Mar 25, 2009
Ain notin lyk wuha phrum d Well {konga} tongue
Re: Ok, Am Like So Obsessed With Bottled Water. I Heard That It's Not Good. How? by Nobody: 1:36am On Mar 25, 2009
Moyola:

Ain notin lyk wuha phrum d Well {konga} tongue
I WILL never drink from the well again.
Last time I did, I got sick and lost almost 15 pounds.

OgidiBoy:

It depends on who you talk to dear, some people will tell you the drink bottled water because the can't stand the chlorine or the fluoride. Some drink bottled water because it's distilled and gone through the Reverse Osmosis process and some like me don't care and just drink the tap water. grin
I guess. . . . why don't you drink bottled water?
Recession dey kill ya? tongue
Re: Ok, Am Like So Obsessed With Bottled Water. I Heard That It's Not Good. How? by Moyola(f): 1:41am On Mar 25, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

Yu lost whAAt? dhat well must hv been contaminated shocked
Gimme d wuha. . . . wan tu shed some weight here! cheesy
Re: Ok, Am Like So Obsessed With Bottled Water. I Heard That It's Not Good. How? by Nobody: 1:43am On Mar 25, 2009
Moyola:

Yu lost whAAt? dhat well must hv been contaminated shocked
Gimme d wuha. . . . wan tu shed some weight here! cheesy

But 15 less? Mehn, it was gooooooddddd cheesy cheesy
The well was in ADO, unfortunately.
I must have added too much chlorine to it. undecided
Re: Ok, Am Like So Obsessed With Bottled Water. I Heard That It's Not Good. How? by OgidiBoy(m): 1:44am On Mar 25, 2009
davidylan:

thanks

I'm sorry sir my igbo is not that good.

Ebony-Silk:

I guess. . . . why don't you drink bottled water?
Recession dey kill ya? tongue

Dear well water is not as bad I can't stand it because if you try to use it to do laundry or wash dishes if never lathers, don't forget it goes through the water treatment plant before it gets to your house unless you live out in the country.

I just don't drink bottled water because it's a waste of money.
Re: Ok, Am Like So Obsessed With Bottled Water. I Heard That It's Not Good. How? by chiogo(f): 1:56am On Mar 25, 2009
davidylan:

thanks

I'm gonna try. it means:
Leave the Old park lunatic, let him/her run around ogbete market naked. cheesy Not the best translation but not bad.
Re: Ok, Am Like So Obsessed With Bottled Water. I Heard That It's Not Good. How? by Nobody: 1:57am On Mar 25, 2009
thanks chiogo! grin
Re: Ok, Am Like So Obsessed With Bottled Water. I Heard That It's Not Good. How? by Nobody: 1:58am On Mar 25, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Dear well water is not as bad I can't stand it because if you try to use it to do laundry or wash dishes if never lathers, don't forget it goes through the water treatment plant before it gets to your house unless you live out in the country.

I just don't drink bottled water because it's a waste of money.
Water treatment plant?
If it works well, then docs would advice us to drink tap water.
we wnt need to boil it b4 we drink it tongue

Not a waste of money na
Re: Ok, Am Like So Obsessed With Bottled Water. I Heard That It's Not Good. How? by chiogo(f): 2:02am On Mar 25, 2009
davidylan:

thanks chiogo! grin
No problem.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help! Cockroach Found It's Way Into My Ear / CBD OIL: Where to buy CBD OIL in Benin, Lagos, Portharcourt and Abuja / Moringa Leaf Powder In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.