Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,040 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Lets Talk About Sects Baby (advice For Muslims) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Lets Talk About Sects Baby (advice For Muslims) (1130 Views)

Hadith Of The 73 Sects In Light Of The Holy Qur’an / Are Sects Allowed In Islam? / Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Talk About Sects Baby (advice For Muslims) by bawomolo(m): 1:07am On Mar 25, 2009
Let's Assume Islam is the truth and nothing but the truth, Which brand of Islam should i follow? What school of Islam should i follow?

Is Wahhabi cool with yall?

Let's discuss the differences in the Islamic community and find out who is being blasphemous.  Lets expose the jinns and the shaytans.

Wahhabi - Wahhabi (Arabic: Al-Wahhābīyya‎ الوهابية) or Wahhabism is a conservative form of Sunni Islam attributed to Muhammad ibn Abd-al-Wahhab, an 18th century scholar from what is today known as Saudi Arabia, who advocated a return to the practices of the first three generations of Islamic history.

hmm i like this, returning back to the good ole days, isn't Saudi Arabia such a great islamic country.

Sunni Islam is the largest denomination of Islam. Sunni Islam is also referred to as Ahl as-Sunnah wa’l-Jamā‘ah (Arabic: أهل السنة والجماعة‎ "people of the example (of Muhammad) and the community"wink or Ahl as-Sunnah (Arabic: أهل السنة‎) for short TurkishsadSünni). The word Sunni comes from the word Sunnah (Arabic: سنة‎), which means the words and actions[1] or example of the Islamic prophet Muhammad.

hmm Christians want to be like christ, sunni's wants to be like the prophet muhammad.  This sounds good

Sufism (Arabic: تصوّف‎ - taṣawwuf, Persian: صوفی‌گری sufigari, Turkish: tasavvuf, Urdu: تصوف) is generally understood to be the inner, mystical dimension of Islam.[1][2][3] A practitioner of this tradition is generally known as a ṣūfī (صُوفِيّ), though some adherents of the tradition reserve this term only for those practitioners who have attained the goals of the Sufi tradition. Another name used for the Sufi seeker is dervish.

inner and mystical? Sounds like some babalawo stuff.  Interesting.

Similar to other branches of Islam, Shi'a Islam is based on the teachings of Islamic holy book, the Qur'an and message of the final prophet of Islam,[1] Muhammad. In contrast to other branches, Shi'a Islam holds that Muhammad's family, the Ahl al-Bayt ("the People of the House"wink, and certain individuals among his descendants, who are known as Imams, have special spiritual and political rule over the community.

not bad not bad.

Qur'an alone Muslims, Qur'anic Muslims, or sometimes Anti-Hadith Muslims, is a term used to refer to Muslims who reject hadith, or reported traditions of the Islamic prophet Muhammad, and follow the Qur'an, a sacred text of Islam, exclusively.

who needs the hadith when we have the perfect koran? makes sense

the last would be the nation of islam.

So if i wanted to become a muslim, which school of thought should i follow
Re: Lets Talk About Sects Baby (advice For Muslims) by mukina2: 11:58am On Mar 25, 2009
Advice for Muslims?
Re: Lets Talk About Sects Baby (advice For Muslims) by Lagosboy: 5:07pm On Mar 25, 2009
Firstly all what you have listed are not sects in islam.

Wahabism or salafiyyah are sunnis
Suffis are sunnis

These 3 things are not distinct sects in anyway.

Shi'ism on the other hand is a sect and the two main sects in islam is Shi'a and Sunni.

90% of muslims worlwide are sunnis and that is a great majority indeed. On the other hand the difference in creed between the sunnis and the shia dates back to 1300 years ago. God would judge between them on d day of judgement and the difference should not lead to chaos in anyway and in the last hundred years there hasnt been a major tension among the sects until the invasion of Iraq.

You could have done a little more research before posting this things as it depicts high ignorance of the faith and the topic doesnt match the post.

If you want to be a muslim all you need to say is " I bear withness that there is no other deity except Allah and i bear withness that Muhammed (PBUH) is his messenger" thats all.

You dont need to be wahabi or suffi before to call yourself a muslim.

Another point is this denominations you mentioned are not school thoughts in anyway as when muslims talk of school of thought it relates to islamic jurispudence (Fiqh) and we have 4 schools which any muslim can follow.
Hanafi
Shaf'i
Hambali
Maliki

If you need further clarifications as regards this 4 schools you could ask i we would gladly answer you.
Re: Lets Talk About Sects Baby (advice For Muslims) by bawomolo(m): 10:17pm On Mar 25, 2009
mukina2:

Advice for Muslims?

yes words of wisdom from the atheist sheikh.

Lagosboy:

Firstly all what you have listed are not sects in islam.

Wahabism or salafiyyah are sunnis
Suffis are sunnis

wahabism is a conservative sect of the sunni, aren't sufi's considered heretical by some?

These 3 things are not distinct sects in anyway.

so they all live in peace and harmony with no conflict, minimal differences?

90% of muslims worlwide are sunnis and that is a great majority indeed.

do 90% of them agree with the NOI, wahabism or sufism? what about the quoran alone muslims.

On the other hand the difference in creed between the sunnis and the shia dates back to 1300 years ago. God would judge between them on d day of judgement and the difference should not lead to chaos in anyway and in the last hundred years there hasnt been a major tension among the sects until the invasion of Iraq.

Why do we have to wait for God to judge them, don't we have the quoran to decide who is lying? come on now, don't go PC on me

You could have done a little more research before posting this things as it depicts high ignorance of the faith and the topic doesnt match the post.

Help me do the research then, can we talk about the "minor" differences. What's the point of the hadith when we have the holy quoran?

If you want to be a muslim all you need to say is " I bear withness that there is no other deity except Allah and i bear withness that Muhammed (PBUH) is his messenger" thats all.

hmm so are members of the NOI muslims?

Another point is this denominations you mentioned are not school thoughts in anyway as when muslims talk of school of thought it relates to islamic jurispudence (Fiqh) and we have 4 schools which any muslim can follow.
Hanafi
Shaf'i
Hambali
Maliki

why are their four schools, Should there just be one school if Islam is the truth and nothing but the truth. 2+2 = 4 and nothing else.

I have another one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmadiyya

do you think this guys are muslims, they accept Allah.
Re: Lets Talk About Sects Baby (advice For Muslims) by shafiyah: 1:55pm On Mar 26, 2009
in becoming a Muslim after accepting ALLAH AS YOUR GOD AND PROPHET MUHAMMAD  AS YOUR PROPHET (PEACE AND BLESSING OF ALLAH BE UPON HIM)then for accepting ALLAH as your GOD you are also accepting the HOLY QURAN which is the word of GOD.and accepting the PROPHET also means accepting the HADITH which is the saying and doing of the prophet when he was alive.and ALMIGHTY ALLAH SAID IN THE HOLY QURAN if you truly believe in us then you must believe in the prophet we sent to you.and when the prophet was asked about what will become of Muslims after his demise he told them to hold on to ALQURAN and HADITH. so you don't need to belong to a sect to become a Muslim but some of these sects have immensely contributed in one way or the other in propagating Islam e.g some are just preaching Islam,some are teaching the fundamental of Islam,some are fighting against the infidels etc but as long as everything they are doing is in line with the teaching of the QURAN and HADITH they are true Muslims otherwise they are hypocrites and must not be follow.and even if th true muslims differ in some way that should not be an escuse  for any body to disregard islam because no one is perfection and other religion have a bigger problems and is only our creator that can judge.
and as for the four school of thought we have,they are our mentor in Islam with the slightest differences which is due to either the different companion of the prophet they met with,their different continent with different environment,different understanding but they all hold on to one QURAN and HADITH . 
but at least different sects and four school of Islam with one QURAN is far better than hundred of Christians with different bibles.

i wonder why Christians or other religion with multiple problems are always raising objections with already perfected Islam.
i need a good christian after reading all these verses tell me whose word is the bible and if the bible's teachings as can be whole be inculcate in our children
ABSURDITIES IN THE BIBLE
A.NUMBERS 22:27-28
B.LEVITICUS11:20
C.LEVITICUS12:1,2,5
D.2 KINGS 18:27 AND ISAIAH30:12EZEKIEL4:12-15
E.JUDGES16:1
ALCOHOL:A DEVILISH ADVICE IN THE BIBLE
A.PROVERBS31:6-7
B.TIMOTHY5:23
DEUTRONOMY23:2,ZECHARIA9:6
QUALITIES ILL BEFITTING GOD
ISAIAH5:26,7:18,42:13,7:20
GENESIS35:22,38:15-18
to mention but few there are whole lot of this in the so called word of GOD so i think is high time you people deviate your opposition into more important and serious matters instead of finding  fault out of perfection.

am not even sure the so called Muslim asking for advice is a Muslim but just a distraction
Re: Lets Talk About Sects Baby (advice For Muslims) by babs787(m): 10:01pm On Mar 27, 2009
@Bawomolo

Could you please explain these to me:

"negative atheists," or "nontheist."

"positive atheists,"

Disproof atheists,

Methodological atheists,

Mystical atheists,

Faith atheists,

AND

Unknowability agnostics,

Zero-data agnostics,

Data-vs.-data agnostics

Data-vs.-principle agnostics,

Radical Atheists

Forteans

Humanists

Weirdoes
Re: Lets Talk About Sects Baby (advice For Muslims) by bawomolo(m): 4:48am On Mar 29, 2009
^^^

Mr Babs - open another thread for that matter. don't answer my question with a question.
Re: Lets Talk About Sects Baby (advice For Muslims) by babs787(m): 12:43pm On Mar 29, 2009
Am sorry oga Bawomolo for using question to answer your question. I thought that Lagosboy answered you but if you are not ok with that,we are Muslims,face the same qiblah,read the same Quran,pray five times daily. I have answered you and would you explain the above terms to me? Thank you sir
Re: Lets Talk About Sects Baby (advice For Muslims) by bawomolo(m): 10:17pm On Mar 30, 2009
babs787:

Am sorry oga Bawomolo for using question to answer your question. I thought that Lagosboy answered you but if you are not ok with that,we are Muslims,face the same qiblah,read the same Quran,pray five times daily. I have answered you and would you explain the above terms to me? Thank you sir

so in order, members of the NOI are muslims. check
Re: Lets Talk About Sects Baby (advice For Muslims) by bawomolo(m): 10:17pm On Mar 30, 2009
one more thing, why are there many sects if Islam was that simple?
Re: Lets Talk About Sects Baby (advice For Muslims) by mukina2: 12:50am On Mar 31, 2009
There are only two major sects, the Sunnis and the Shites. They both believe in the same Islamic doctrines,religious beliefs and practices .

Besides it is haram, The Quran speaks against sects.
Re: Lets Talk About Sects Baby (advice For Muslims) by rocky99(m): 12:56am On Mar 31, 2009
there are many sects for islam dear,

shiaas and sunnies are the major 2 and they do not beleive in the same doctrine,
pls mind it that if u talk of religion u shud have authentic knowledge of it,

if u dont have the knowledge then just put the topic as question and see what answers u get

well u can ask me anything about islam, u r welcom, although i am not aalim or aalfa but i have studied islam

thnx
Re: Lets Talk About Sects Baby (advice For Muslims) by bawomolo(m): 1:38am On Mar 31, 2009
mukina2:

There are only two major sects, the Sunnis and the Shites. They both believe in the same Islamic doctrines,religious beliefs and practices .

Besides it is haram, The Quran speaks against sects.

there are other sects, do you honestly consider members of the NOI sunni or shia?

Why aren't they united if they both believe in the same doctrine? What about the sufi's, do they believe the same thing too?
Re: Lets Talk About Sects Baby (advice For Muslims) by babs787(m): 9:21pm On Apr 01, 2009
@Bawomolo

one more thing, why are there many sects if Islam was that simple?

there are other sects, do you honestly consider members of the NOI sunni or shia?

Why aren't they united if they both believe in the same doctrine? What about the sufi's, do they believe the same thing too?

We have many sects because of free will. It is a known fact that everybody cannot follow the same direction, some would be misguided. Allah said on sect:

Quran 6 v 159: As for those who divide Their religion and break up into sects, thou hast no part in them in the least: Their affair is with Allah: He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did.

Also:

Quran 3 v 103: And hold fast, all together, by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves;
Re: Lets Talk About Sects Baby (advice For Muslims) by bawomolo(m): 10:27pm On Apr 01, 2009
So how do you decide the misguided souls from the righteous ones.  Are the wahabi's misguided, the sufi just plain babalawo's?

I would like you to get concrete here.  How do i know the doctrine of the shia is better than that of the NOI?

Quran 3 v 103: And hold fast, all together, by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves;

well too late isn't it?
Re: Lets Talk About Sects Baby (advice For Muslims) by babs787(m): 11:18pm On Apr 01, 2009
Do you have the doctrine of shia and NOI to share here and if you can do,it would make us undestand better. I would the doctrines outlined here and not posting sites
Re: Lets Talk About Sects Baby (advice For Muslims) by bawomolo(m): 11:40pm On Apr 01, 2009
Islam holds that Muḥammad was the last Prophet of God. The Shī‘ah believe that humanity is in need of sustained spiritual guidance, provided by the "Imām of the Time", who is the Guardian and guide of all Muslims politically and spiritually. They hold that Muḥammad explicitly designated his cousin and son-in-law ‘Alī as his Khalīfah "Successor". Thus the Shī‘ah believe Muḥammad designated ‘Alī and his direct descendants to serve as the Imāms (leaders) of the Muslim community. This assertion implies that, while the cycle of Nubuwwah (Prophethood) ended with Muḥammad, the cycle of Imāmah began with ‘Alī and continues amongs his direct descendants. For Shī‘ah Muslims, an Imām is a leader whose guidance extends to spiritual and temporal matters. In other words, an Imām can sanction new laws because he has direct contact with God. This direct contact makes an Imām infallible and invests in him the prerogative of interpreting the Qur'an, thereby gradually revealing its esoteric meaning. Sunnis reject this doctrine of infallibility.

The Shī‘ah further believe only these A'immah have the right to be Caliphs, meaning that all other caliphs, whether elected by consensus Ijma or not, are usurpers of the Caliphate.

As evidence of ‘Alī's Imamate, Muḥammad declared (as is verified by both Sunni and Shī‘ah sources) at Ghadir Khumm,

To whomsoever I am Mawla, ‘Alī is his Mawla"[citation needed]

Following the same principle is the Shī‘ah practice that asserts that ‘Alī is the first Imām to teach the correct interpretation of Islam, the successor of Muḥammad. The definition of Mawla in the context of the above narration is disputed among Sunnis and the Shī‘ah.

[edit] Sects

Within Shi'ism, there are various sects that differ over the number of Imams, and the path of their succession; the majority sect among these are the Twelvers, then the Ismailis, and then the smallest Zaidi sect. There are major doctrinal differences between the Twelvers, and the Ismailis. After the claimed occultation of the twelfth Imam, for the twelvers there was a long period of waiting for new authority until the Mahdi arrives, and in his absence was left a vacuum of leadership, dealt with by traditional twelvers with Quietism. However an alternative theory developed to fill the need, called Wilayat al-Faqih or the absolute guardianship of the jurists, popularised by Ayatollah Khomeini. According to it, those most knowledgeable about Islamic law (Shari'ah) should assume a political role in society, governing the Wilayah in which the Shī‘ah live. This led to the 1979 Iranian Revolution.

The main belief of The Nation of Islam and its followers is that there is no other God but Allah. However, they redefine "Allah" by saying "who came in the person of W. D. Fard." Fard founded the Nation of Islam and subsequently installed Elijah Muhammad as the organization's leader. Their teachings are heretical by traditional Islamic standards which abhor the deification of any person, or the anthropomorphization of God.

The official beliefs of the Nation of Islam have been outlined in books, documents, and articles published by the organization as well as speeches by Elijah Muhammad, Malcolm X, Louis Farrakhan, and other ministers. Many of Elijah Muhammad's teachings may be found in Message to the Blackman in America and The True History of Jesus as Taught by the Honorable Elijah Muhammad [4]. Many of Malcolm X's teachings of NOI theology are in his The End of White World Supremacy, while a later more critical discussion of those beliefs can be found in The Autobiography of Malcolm X, co-written with Alex Haley.

Passed down via written lessons from 1930-1934 from W. Fard Muhammad to his student, Elijah Muhammad, referred to and titled, The Supreme Wisdom the Nation of Islam continues to teach its followers that the present world society is segmented into three distinct categories. They teach that from a general perspective, 85% of the world's people of all races and faiths are the deaf, dumb and blind masses of the people who are easily led in the wrong direction and hard to lead in the right direction. These 85% of the masses are said to be manipulated by 10% of the people who are referred to as the rich slave-makers of the masses of the people. Those 10% rich slave-makers are said to manipulate the 85% masses of the people through ignorance, the skillful use of religious doctrine and the mass media.

The third group referred to as the 5% poor righteous teachers of the people of the world who know the truth of the manipulation of the 85% masses of the people by the 10% and that 5% righteous teachers are at constant struggle and war with 10% to reach and free the minds of the masses of the people. [5]

Obviously rough and condensed but how do you know who is misguided?
Re: Lets Talk About Sects Baby (advice For Muslims) by babs787(m): 6:38pm On Apr 04, 2009
@Bawomolo

Thumps up for the little piece but I told you in one of my posts earlier that:

Quran 6 v 159: As for those who divide Their religion and break up into sects, thou hast no part in them in the least: Their affair is with Allah: He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did.

Obviously rough and condensed but how do you know who is misguided?

You would know who is misguided through the Quran and Sunnah (Hadith) of the Holy prophet and when some indulge in Bidiah (Innovation), following wrong Madhhabs just like:

Abdullah bin Amar (RA) relates that the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) said "Surely things will happen to my people as happened earlier to Israelites, they will resemble each other like one shoe in a pair resembles the other to the extent that if anyone among the Israelites has openly committed adultery to his mother there will be some who will do this in my Ummah as well, verily the Israelites were divided into 72 sections but my people will be divided into 73 sections, all of them will be in the fire except one." [/b]The companions asked, 'Who are they O Messenger of Allah,' Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) said, [b]"They are those who will be like me and my companions."

The next question to ask is [b]'what does he mean when he said that they are those that would be like me and my companion" [/b]but the answers is not that hard as the prophet told us that we should follow the Quran and Sunnah(Hadith) for guidance in which his companion followed as well. The shiites do not follow the Hadith and NOI too doesnt hold that belief as well and indulge in deification of God which run contrary to Islamic teaching.

Sunnah which the Holy prophet told us to follow has to do with what the prophet said, did or accepted. The Companions are the ones that told us about the Sunnah, wrote all they heard from him in which all were collected as Hadith (Sayings of the prophet), handing it from one generation to another.

Islam would be divided into 73 sects, 72 would enter hell but would not be there forever while one would go to Heaven. The only sect that would go to heaven is Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah; that is the one that follow the sunnah of the Prophet (SAW) and believe, follow what the companions follow, believe in it just like the prophet said in Sahih Bukhari that 'A group of my ummah shall remain steadfast, on the truth, victorious, unharmed by those who oppose them, and do not support them, until the death or until the Day of Resurrection'.

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of 'dexmond' Quoting Hadith To You / Rashid Khalifa's Trick Exposed / The Truth Behind The Black Stone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.