Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates (44674 Views)

10 Categories Of People That May Not Afford To Browse When Data Rates Increases / MTN Introduces Cheaper Data Bundles / NITEL Returns As NTEL With 4G Cheaper Data Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by papadjaji: 8:33pm On Aug 15, 2015
Word!
Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 15, 2015
Okay

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by experimentist: 8:33pm On Aug 15, 2015
na only shaving, dem no like skinning?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by bastien: 8:33pm On Aug 15, 2015
Shave ko Barber ni
Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by magabounce(m): 8:34pm On Aug 15, 2015
O.p u have a point dia
Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by Elxandre(m): 8:37pm On Aug 15, 2015
The clipper wey Airtel dey use go don rust.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by 9jatatafo(m): 8:37pm On Aug 15, 2015
Nelkoko:
MTN d chief SHAVER....NA BLUNT RAZOR DEM DEY USE

Blunt razor will not be sharp but very painful. Na wicked clipper dem dey use give us afaridon

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by Raypawer(m): 8:39pm On Aug 15, 2015
yes, they will loose more, mtn over here thinks that its by reverting their network to mostly 2g will help... i pity for them, cos rocking here in Uyo is wireless broadband, though it expensive right now, #4500 per month but unlimited.. "yes, i ment uncaped @ high speed... na sorry story for telecommunication companies.. i 3 years time, they may eventually run out of clients as they will be forced to provide uncapped internet @ high speed or wrap up..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by 12month: 8:40pm On Aug 15, 2015
Nonsense. Even if Airtel offer 2gb for N500 I won't buy. They do not offer real value.

Shave or no shave, the spectranets, smile, visafone, and swift are there to save us frm them.
Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by abbaapple: 8:41pm On Aug 15, 2015
Guy just tell us say dix Threat is all about "1 Chance" say u don enter 1 chance. #Logbatan! undecided
Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by Lanretoye(m): 8:43pm On Aug 15, 2015
thank God say me i dey bald

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by boyo123(m): 8:43pm On Aug 15, 2015
so far no reasonable comment on this thread.smh for my fellow nigerians .later una go dey blame the government
Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by sexyugobueze(f): 8:44pm On Aug 15, 2015
[b][/b]Unbelievable...MTN, d barbers...
Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by siegfried99(m): 8:48pm On Aug 15, 2015
godoluwa:
LMAO. fp @ last.

Lol grin
Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by ignis: 8:49pm On Aug 15, 2015
Shave what?
Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by elampiro(m): 8:51pm On Aug 15, 2015
Jacide:
The availability of multiple applications like BBM, Skype, WhatsApp is eating up the revenues of major Nigerian Telecommunication companies. With the budding apps, calling and short message services have taken the back seat and as a result, the telecommunication companies are facing a massive loss of revenue.

A recent report has revealed that majority of the telcos have fallen some 30% decline in their expected revenue generation. Apart from this revenue drop statistics, the report also suggested that the companies could see an additional decrease of 20% in the total revenue. In order to reclaim the loss, some of the telcos have raised data price through the means of shaving, which is eventually hurting the broadband penetration in Nigeria.
How the shaving is done

The current data plans, irrespective of the network hardly last the expected duration it is meant to last, due to increased use of internet in Nigeria. For example, I’ve been a victim of Airtel on several occasions. Buying their so called 2GB BIS plan for 1,500 naira is suicide. The last time I used the service, I hardly got 200 megabytes of data usage before I was slammed with the reality of my “data is exhausted!” What a sham?

http://somtoo.com/nigerian-networks-introduce-shaving-to-balance-cheaper-data-costs/

You are right about Airtel. That 2gb is like 100 mb. I have abandoned them.
Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by Goodnuel: 8:53pm On Aug 15, 2015
nzeobi:

Maybe it's cos of environment cos it's cheap on bb10
Glo has joined too.. my 3gb lasts for less than 3 weeks.. wasn't like that before.

cry
Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by dennisbee(m): 8:56pm On Aug 15, 2015
Goodnuel:
Glo has joined too.. my 3gb lasts for less than 3 weeks.. wasn't like that before.

cry
Same here. They know what they're doing joor
Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by ihatebuhari(f): 9:00pm On Aug 15, 2015
Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by Youngpo413: 9:02pm On Aug 15, 2015
dimexilux:
so, what is the way forward?
WIFI

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by Adesiji77: 9:03pm On Aug 15, 2015
Gucciboss:
I think Etisalat remains the best in data reliability.
i subscribed 2k for 2gb after exhausting my data, my data counter showed 1.97gb.

Yes, for now.

Glo Comonth package also makes some sense but the network is not reliable. I have never exhausted the package in any given month.

WiFi beats all the GSM networks in terms of speed and reliability.
Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by Pangea: 9:03pm On Aug 15, 2015
This shaving is the height of corruption!
I thought President Mohammad Buhari jut appointed a new NCC head?
What da fork is he doing?
Letting all these telcos rip off the people?
I pay about 55$ for an unlimited broadband with AT&T
But when I come to Nigeria, it's always hell.
If Buhari does not fix these yeye and corrupt telcos, the change us not yet a change!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by Goodnuel: 9:05pm On Aug 15, 2015
dennisbee:

Same here. They know what they're doing joor
Yea.. they do.
Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by activelyA(f): 9:08pm On Aug 15, 2015
Jacide:
The availability of multiple applications like BBM, Skype, WhatsApp is eating up the revenues of major Nigerian Telecommunication companies. With the budding apps, calling and short message services have taken the back seat and as a result, the telecommunication companies are facing a massive loss of revenue.

A recent report has revealed that majority of the telcos have fallen some 30% decline in their expected revenue generation. Apart from this revenue drop statistics, the report also suggested that the companies could see an additional decrease of 20% in the total revenue. In order to reclaim the loss, some of the telcos have raised data price through the means of shaving, which is eventually hurting the broadband penetration in Nigeria.
How the shaving is done

The current data plans, irrespective of the network hardly last the expected duration it is meant to last, due to increased use of internet in Nigeria. For example, I’ve been a victim of Airtel on several occasions. Buying their so called 2GB BIS plan for 1,500 naira is suicide. The last time I used the service, I hardly got 200 megabytes of data usage before I was slammed with the reality of my “data is exhausted!” What a sham?

http://somtoo.com/nigerian-networks-introduce-shaving-to-balance-cheaper-data-costs/

Exactly! Even Etisalat and Glo are currently the worst culprits.

Very sad and I don't blame them, I blame the government who does not have so much interest on telecommunications as some of those operators sponsor their campaign.

What right do they have in the first place to deprive Nigerians of access to the internet
We need serious overhauling in this sector undecided
Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by bidex(m): 9:08pm On Aug 15, 2015
Jacide:

How the shaving is done

This ya storry na wah ooo. if u wan complain, complain no be say u go dey give us fake news.
what u don't understand about data usages is alot. Using BlackBerry subscription on android wont last. this is because Androids uses more data than BlackBerry. also, blackberries connects to a pre-synced servers unlike androids. Rim network subsides data usage through their global servers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by ITbomb(m): 9:10pm On Aug 15, 2015
It was no shaving, you were warned that the plan is for blackberry devices and NOT Android

Cheapest Data Plan in Nigeria
4 GB for N2k on all networks, Click here to activate

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by Youngpo413: 9:10pm On Aug 15, 2015
Raypawer:
yes, they will loose more, mtn over here thinks that its by reverting their network to mostly 2g will help... i pity for them, cos rocking here in Uyo is wireless broadband, though it expensive right now, #4500 per month but unlimited.. "yes, i ment uncaped @ high speed... na sorry story for telecommunication companies.. i 3 years time, they may eventually run out of clients as they will be forced to provide uncapped internet @ high speed or wrap up..
which broadband is that?
Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by yollychika(f): 9:11pm On Aug 15, 2015
Abeg which totoo hair dem dey shave shocked
Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 15, 2015
Kelklein:
[size=16pt] I want to disagree with the op on this his 'shaving' concept.

'shaving' as you put it, will only occur if you don't follow simple instructions... that "do not load BIS on an android phone"..when you do that, you will be totally liable for any inconvenience you experience.

but the way airtel barb data tho

etisalat is the best in terms of data management

followed by MTN, then glo and lastly airtel

but in terms of speed.. airtel dust all of them

my2kb tho [/size]

Some guys sha.
U disagree with op.
But u complain about d way airtel Barb data

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by ceejay80s(m): 9:17pm On Aug 15, 2015
I blame NCC, they are not doing their job, shebi dem get phone and they browse on it, how come dem no know say airtel/mtn 1gb na 5kb data
Re: Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates by Adesiji77: 9:18pm On Aug 15, 2015
activelyA:

Exactly! Even Etisalat and Glo are currently the worst culprits.

Very sad and I don't blame them, I blame the government who does not have so much interest on telecommunications as some of those operators sponsor their campaign.

What right do they have in the first place to deprive Nigerians of access to the internet
We need serious overhauling in this sector undecided

I think Airtel still holds the ace in data consumption.

Etisalat is ok, same for Glo's Comonth package; I have never exhausted their 3G on my Blackberry. The snag is that Glo as a network is not dependable.

I stopped using MTN's data plans a long time ago but I don't trust their data plans.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funniest Meme Reactions To The Iphone X And Iphone 8 Launch Event / Checkout Nokia 3310 That Costs N776,000 - Will You Buy? / How To Create Yahoo Mail With Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.