Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,041 members, 7,835,506 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

The Wealthiest Man In Westafrica Who Invented The Great Groundnut Pyramids - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Wealthiest Man In Westafrica Who Invented The Great Groundnut Pyramids (1735 Views)

Dalung, Lalong And Others At WestAfrica Golf Tour Tee-off At IBB Intl Golf Club / Why You Will Never See Groundnut Pyramids In The North / 60 Years After, Kano Groundnut Pyramids Site Turns To Football Field (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Wealthiest Man In Westafrica Who Invented The Great Groundnut Pyramids by kaura5000: 2:45pm On Aug 15, 2015
Alhassan dantata a hausa trader and a caravan merchant was said to be the wealthiest man in west Africa at the time of his death..

1 Share

Re: The Wealthiest Man In Westafrica Who Invented The Great Groundnut Pyramids by chocolateme(f): 2:46pm On Aug 15, 2015
Wow!! Great article.. did you observe the message behind those pictures?
Its not about inheriting wealth..
Its about the mindset and determination to build and acquire wealth. Hussling and greatness runs in their blood.
Today some of us at waiting to dive on top of already acquired wealth of our parents thereby been lazy to work and put an extra effort.
That is their story, what is your story?

2 Likes

Re: The Wealthiest Man In Westafrica Who Invented The Great Groundnut Pyramids by Demmocrats(m): 2:50pm On Aug 15, 2015
shocked the have a generational curse called billionare cheesy grin men will love to have such grin
Re: The Wealthiest Man In Westafrica Who Invented The Great Groundnut Pyramids by kaura5000: 2:50pm On Aug 15, 2015
[color=#99000[b]0]..When the British Bank of West Africa was opened in Kano in 1929, he became the first Kano businessman to utilize a bank account when he deposited twenty camel loads of silver coins. Shortly before his death, he pointed to sixty “groundnut pyramids” in Kano and said, “These are all min[/b]e”.[/color]

1 Like

Re: The Wealthiest Man In Westafrica Who Invented The Great Groundnut Pyramids by kaura5000: 2:51pm On Aug 15, 2015
..When the British Bank of West Africa was opened in Kano in 1929, he became the first Kano businessman to utilize a bank account when he deposited twenty camel loads of silver coins. Shortly before his death, he pointed to sixty “groundnut pyramids” in Kano and said, “These are all mine”.
Re: The Wealthiest Man In Westafrica Who Invented The Great Groundnut Pyramids by bobbiekrantz: 2:53pm On Aug 15, 2015
At least he later died!!.

mttccheeww!!
Re: The Wealthiest Man In Westafrica Who Invented The Great Groundnut Pyramids by baralatie(m): 2:56pm On Aug 15, 2015
bobbiekrantz:
mttccheeww!!
and his great cousin Dangote is a billionaire

1 Like

Re: The Wealthiest Man In Westafrica Who Invented The Great Groundnut Pyramids by kaura5000: 2:57pm On Aug 15, 2015
bobbiekrantz:
mttccheeww!!
and his legacy is still alive

1 Like

Re: The Wealthiest Man In Westafrica Who Invented The Great Groundnut Pyramids by Infomizer(m): 2:57pm On Aug 15, 2015
kaura5000:
..When the British Bank of West Africa was opened in Kano in 1929, he became the first Kano businessman to utilize a bank account when he deposited twenty camel loads of silver coins. Shortly before his death, he pointed to sixty “groundnut pyramids” in Kano and said, “These are all mine”.

You mean twenty bullion camels? grin
Re: The Wealthiest Man In Westafrica Who Invented The Great Groundnut Pyramids by Ahmed4002(m): 2:59pm On Aug 15, 2015
Cool generation

1 Like

Re: The Wealthiest Man In Westafrica Who Invented The Great Groundnut Pyramids by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 15, 2015
Lord pls I need a wife that will help me plan my resources! Amen!
Re: The Wealthiest Man In Westafrica Who Invented The Great Groundnut Pyramids by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 15, 2015
Ojukwu Snr was far more richer than Dantata.
Re: The Wealthiest Man In Westafrica Who Invented The Great Groundnut Pyramids by kinglekan: 7:35pm On Aug 15, 2015
smiley

(1) (Reply)

NIPOST Boss Resigns / Nobody Can Arrest Me – Saraki Fires- Talk Glitz / Ex-gov. Rotimi Amaechi In Big Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.