Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,547 members, 7,823,398 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

~after Death ~ Where Do We Emerge? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ~after Death ~ Where Do We Emerge? (1702 Views)

At Last , Scientists Prove Life After Death / Five Nigerians Emerge As Richest Pastors In Africa - Forbes / One Man's Shocking Life After Death Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

~after Death ~ Where Do We Emerge? by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 25, 2009
This is one critical question that demands for critical an@wers both amongst the Christian folks and the general world. There is a life after death, how true is this? When a human being dies where does he go? Heaven or Hell or where? This are arguable questions amongst us Christian. The Bible says in Hebrews "It is appointed unto man, once to die and after this the judgment".
Im sorry to disappoint those that believes in re-incarnation as there is nothing of such.
Pastors & Christians in the house pls tender your critical views on the above subject matter.
Thank you.
BRB.
Re: ~after Death ~ Where Do We Emerge? by alfredpoto: 8:54pm On Mar 31, 2009
paradise
Re: ~after Death ~ Where Do We Emerge? by Viable(m): 6:21pm On Apr 07, 2009
After death one goes to the grave. Life after death is the doctrine of the devil. The devil told our first mother in Gen. 3:4 "you shall not surely die" That is indeed the origin of immortality of the soul. The dead sleep in the grave. On the day or resurrection, the dead in Christ shall rise first to eternal life while the dead sinners will rise to eternal destruction.
Re: ~after Death ~ Where Do We Emerge? by Ndipe(m): 7:28pm On Apr 07, 2009
@viable, what happens to the soul?
Re: ~after Death ~ Where Do We Emerge? by skyone(m): 7:35pm On Apr 07, 2009
we emerge to your brain
Re: ~after Death ~ Where Do We Emerge? by manmustwac(m): 9:42pm On Apr 07, 2009
in your grave
Re: ~after Death ~ Where Do We Emerge? by Nobody: 12:25am On Apr 08, 2009
Am silent and watching.,.,
*So help me GOD**
Re: ~after Death ~ Where Do We Emerge? by duduspace(m): 2:25am On Apr 08, 2009
Nowhere, you decompose and become part of nature and possibly part of your component elements becomes part of someone and you continue the circle of life again. I advise you watch the first "Lion King" cartoon if you've never done so until now.
Re: ~after Death ~ Where Do We Emerge? by Truth11: 6:26am On Apr 08, 2009
brein:

(1)There is a life after death, how true is this?
(2)When a human being dies where does he go? Heaven or Hell or where?
(3)The Bible says in Hebrews "It is appointed unto man, once to die and after this the judgment".
(4)Im sorry to disappoint those that believes in re-incarnation as there is nothing of such.

I have broken down your post into 4 parts. My belief:
1. Yes, there is life after death. "The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.'
2. After death soul goes either to paradise or hell.
3. I believe Hebrew verse has much to be read in the verse, `to die once and face judgement' speaks of a long time in between both. For unbelievers on Christ, the final Judgement for sinners is in Rev.20, for believers the judgement seat of Christ as in 2Cor5. So all dead without Christ will wait a long time for final judgement and thrown into the lake of fire. The unbelieving dead however will know immediately on death that they are doomed to hell, ex. the rich man in Luke.
4. There is no re-incarnation, but resurrection of the body of both sinners and saints - unrighteous will be resurrected for eternal damnation and the righteous in Christ to eternal glory.

Unbelievers will scoff these truths of the Bible, but will be enlightened immediately the day they die but too late to realise after death when the fate is sealed.

Believers will live by faith on the Bible while on earth, but cannot prove it to unbelievers - it is by faith. Believers will accept the testimony of the Holy Spirit because their spirits are quickened due to the gospel of Jesus Christ and cleansing through the blood of Jesus Christ. Therefore they are able to hear and believe clearly all of God's word, the Bible.

Blessings.
Re: ~after Death ~ Where Do We Emerge? by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 08, 2009
@duduspace, dont be a sucker, i belive u got many followers who do not believe same with.
It better u waken up and face reality!↲
Re: ~after Death ~ Where Do We Emerge? by peacemaka(f): 9:07am On Apr 08, 2009
After death the soul leaves the body, the issue of where we go after death is known while we are still alive on this earth, i mean personally you can know where you will emerge after death by your relationship with Christ. As a sinner one goes to hell while a saint will spend eternity in Heaven. If you have not accepted Christ as your your personal Lord and savior, is better you do that now cos no one knows when death will come or when the trumpet of the Lord will sound. You can surrender your life to Christ by following these steps:
a. Accept that you are a sinner
b. Confess your sins
c. Forsake your sins
d. Accept Christ as your personal Lord and savior
e. Ask and pray for the grace to go and sin no more.
Now is the accepted time. do not postpone your salvation. DO IT NOW!!!
I assure you that if you sincerely followed this step then your mind will be @ ease after death that you are going home to God (Heaven)
Re: ~after Death ~ Where Do We Emerge? by duduspace(m): 4:05pm On Apr 08, 2009
brein:

@duduspace, dont be a sucker, i belive u got many followers who do not believe same with.
It better u waken up and face reality!↲

Yu can choose to beleive what you will, no one has demonstrated beyond reasonable doubt that an after life exists and you are the sucker for beleiving what has not being conclusively proved. What has been conclusively proven however is that your body decomposes when you die. Any other assumption(s) amounts to claiming to know what you know nothing about, but wait a second, that is the life blood of religion isn't it?
Re: ~after Death ~ Where Do We Emerge? by mazaje(m): 5:55pm On Apr 08, 2009
peacemaka:

After death the soul leaves the body, the issue of where we go after death is known while we are still alive on this earth, i mean personally you can know where you will emerge after death by your relationship with Christ. As a sinner one goes to hell while a saint will spend eternity in Heaven. If you have not accepted Christ as your your personal Lord and savior, is better you do that now cos no one knows when death will come or when the trumpet of the Lord will sound. You can surrender your life to Christ by following these steps:
a. Accept that you are a sinner
b. Confess your sins
c. Forsake your sins
d. Accept Christ as your personal Lord and savior
e. Ask and pray for the grace to go and sin no more.
Now is the accepted time. do not postpone your salvation. DO IT NOW!!!
I assure you that if you sincerely followed this step then your mind will be @ ease after death that you are going home to God (Heaven)

Do you just believe in these things because you were told to believe in them since childhood or do you know them to be facts? grin grin, pretending to know what you don't is indeed the life blood of religion. . . . . .
Re: ~after Death ~ Where Do We Emerge? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 08, 2009
i see mazaje specially selects where he expresses his phony outrage.
Re: ~after Death ~ Where Do We Emerge? by mazaje(m): 6:00pm On Apr 08, 2009
davidylan:

i see mazaje specially selects where he expresses his phony outrage.

grin grin why is thou stalking me? are you troubled by my "phoney outrage".
Re: ~after Death ~ Where Do We Emerge? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 08, 2009
no, just happened to realize you seem to pick your battles carefully.
Re: ~after Death ~ Where Do We Emerge? by No2Atheism(m): 8:18pm On Apr 08, 2009
mazaje:

Do you just believe in these things because you were told to believe in them since childhood or do you know them to be facts?  grin grin, pretending to know what you don't is indeed the life blood of religion. . . . . .

duduspace:

Yu can choose to beleive what you will, no one has demonstrated beyond reasonable doubt that an after life exists and you are the sucker for beleiving what has not being conclusively proved. What has been conclusively proven however is that your body decomposes when you die. Any other assumption(s) amounts to claiming to know what you know nothing about, but wait a second, that is the life blood of religion isn't it?

1. No, i don't just believe what any one tells me about life and death, instead I check what the bible has to say, irrespective of what other people tell me.

2. Saved True Bible believers base their "faith" and/or "believe" about life and death, only on what the bible says.

3. No, I don't know about what happens after life and death as a form of fact that can be proving scientifically, i.e I cannot prove it to you scientifically and no one can prove it, just as no one can scientifically prove the existence or non-existence of a Creator.

4. Yes I believe there is life after death (i.e eternal life as promised in the bible), because I believe and have faith in what the bible says.

5. Yes I know that the confirmation of what happens after life and death according to the bible is possible and true only by faith in the eternal truth of the Word of the Creator Himself (i.e. The Bible), it cannot be proved scientifically, nevertheless that still does not bother me because not being able to scientifically prove the existence of something does not confirm the existence or non-existence of such a thing.

6. Fundamentally, there is only two options, either a Creator of Heaven and Earth exists or a Creator of Heaven and Earth does not exists, hence in consequence, either Heaven exists or does not exist.

7. Hence based on this two option above, A Saved True Bible believer is always assured no matter the outcome and thus[b]would always have nothing to lose[/b] no matter the outcome.

8. However based on this same two options, An Atheist would always never be assured of the outcome and thus would always have something to lose based on the fact that there are two possible outcomes. That explains why an atheist is always apprehensive, worried and eager to try to find a way to convince him or herself about the existence or non existence of a Creator.
Re: ~after Death ~ Where Do We Emerge? by duduspace(m): 9:52pm On Apr 08, 2009
No2Atheism:

5. Fundamentally, there is only two options, either a Creator of Heaven and Earth exists or a Creator of Heaven and Earth does not exists, hence in consequence, either Heaven exists or does not exist.

7. Hence based on this two option above, A Saved True Bible believer is always [b]assured no matter the outcome and thus[b]would always have nothing to lose[/b] no matter the outcome.[/b]

8. However based on this same two options, An Atheist (or any non-believer in the bible) would always never be assured of the outcome and thus would always have something to lose based on the possible outcomes. That explains why an atheist is always apprehensive, worried and eager to try to find a way to convince him or herself about the existence or non existence of a Creator.

I do appreciate your honesty but I must point out to you that in your narrow mindedness, you are blind to the fact that the bar has been raised (by you religionists of course) and belief in the bible no longer covers all your bases. If you would pursue your reasoning to a logical conclusion, then you should be a believer of all religions and not just a christian.
Re: ~after Death ~ Where Do We Emerge? by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 09, 2009
"Life Blood of Religion"
he he eh eh! Uhm! tongue cheesy

Pastor OLAADEGbu, where are u! shocked shocked
Re: ~after Death ~ Where Do We Emerge? by No2Atheism(m): 11:28am On Apr 09, 2009
duduspace:

I do appreciate your honesty but I must point out to you that in your narrow mindedness, you are blind to the fact that the bar has been raised (by you religionists of course) and belief in the bible no longer covers all your bases. If you would pursue your reasoning to a logical conclusion, then you should be a believer of all religions and not just a christian.

1. what is with the name calling, is it not possible for u to make a point without name calling.

2. Is narrowmindedness always a bad thing and broadmindedness always a good thing, please explain.

3. what bar has been raised and how (please explain).

4. I think you are confusing me with some other people you might have encountered.

5. I am not a politically correct bible believer, hence I believe there is only one way to the Heavenly Father and that that one way is the Messiah/Saviour as detailed in the Bible. By the way, I know there is only one way because the Messiah/Saviour said it Himself that there is only one way.

- Islam is not part of the way,
- Talmud based Jewish believes is not part of the way,
- Kabbalism is not part of the way,
- Atheism is not part of the way,
- Deism is not part of the way,
- Polytheism is not part of the way,
- Agnosticism is not part of the way,
- Environmentalism is not part of the way,
- Humanism is not part of the way,
- Catholic Church is not part of the way,
- Apostate bible believers is not part of the way,
- Buddism is not part of the way,
- Hinduism is not part of the way,
- Get rich quick prosperity gospel is not part of the way,
- Billy Graham is not part of the way,
- the Pope is not part of the way,
- Mary, Peter, Paul, John and others are not part of the way (they themselves must be saved),
- Pastors, Bishops, Elders and Deacons are not part of the way

Only the Messiah/Saviour in the Bible is the ONLY WAY, pastors, elders, bishops and other Saved True bible believers are only there to give directions to that only way.
Re: ~after Death ~ Where Do We Emerge? by mazaje(m): 5:28pm On Apr 09, 2009
No2Atheism:

1. what is with the name calling, is it not possible for u to make a point without name calling.

2. Is narrowmindedness always a bad thing and broadmindedness always a good thing, please explain.

4. I think you are confusing me with some other people you might have encountered.

5. I am not a politically correct bible believer, hence I believe there is only one way to the Heavenly Father and that that one way is the Messiah/Saviour as detailed in the Bible. By the way, I know there is only one way because the Messiah/Saviour said it Himself that there is only one way.

- Islam is not part of the way,
- Talmud based Jewish believes is not part of the way,
- Kabbalism is not part of the way,
- Atheism is not part of the way,
- Deism is not part of the way,
- Polytheism is not part of the way,
- Agnosticism is not part of the way,
- Environmentalism is not part of the way,
- Humanism is not part of the way,
- Catholic Church is not part of the way,
- Apostate bible believers is not part of the way,
- Buddism is not part of the way,
- Hinduism is not part of the way,
- Get rich quick prosperity gospel is not part of the way,
- Billy Graham is not part of the way,
- the Pope is not part of the way,
- Mary, Peter, Paul, John and others are not part of the way (they themselves must be saved),
- Pastors, Bishops, Elders and Deacons are not part of the way

Only the Messiah/Saviour in the Bible is the ONLY WAY, pastors, elders, bishops and other Saved True bible believers are only there to give directions to that only way.

keep on believing in what you believe but don't disparage or write others off for not sharing your beliefs, because it is just what it is a belief and beliefs are not facts. . . . .
Re: ~after Death ~ Where Do We Emerge? by No2Atheism(m): 5:42pm On Apr 09, 2009
keep on believing in what you believe but don't disparage or write others off for not sharing your beliefs, because it is just what it is a belief and beliefs are not facts. . . . .

1. Does that mean it is a fact when Atheist say there is no Creator.

2. Does that mean it is true that Atheist can prove the fact that they believe a creator does not exist

my dear mazaje, please answer the above questions and other asked earlier, in case you are able to help out duduspace,
Re: ~after Death ~ Where Do We Emerge? by wirinet(m): 6:51pm On Apr 09, 2009
This question, along with where did we come from? and how do we predict, understand and contol nature? defines all religions. Since the Homo sapiens sapiens came to the realization of the innevitability of death, and hence his morality. He then began the quest for mortality. But on finding out that it is impossible to defeat death, he then created Gods, demons, Spirits, etc that had the ability to not only defeat death but to bestow immortality on those he favours. eg Roman and greek Gods.
But when those Gods outlived their usefulness (they died), so new concepts had to be fashion. Gods that used to be seen by special people who are the ones allowed into the God's abode became and invisible God, that can only be heard (by special people of couse) and not seen. Then physical immortality became spiritual immortality and all sorts of concepts were spawn arround spiritual immortality. We have re-incarnation (a form of physical immortality) and heaven and hell. So man found the comfort he his looking for in spiritual immortility.

I wander if we can have our pets with us in heaven or hell?

to the real question, when we die, we DIE. Our bodies are used to replenish the earth and half of us live through our genes(offsprings)
Re: ~after Death ~ Where Do We Emerge? by duduspace(m): 8:36pm On Apr 09, 2009
No2Atheism:

1. Blatant lie, I called you no name.

2. Yes, if you are half as wise as I think you to be then there is no need for me to explain. My words speak for themselves within the context of what went on before. If you still want to make an argument out of it please proceed and I might be tempted to indulge you.

3. Perhaps you are not as smart as I took you to be but you said:

Fundamentally, there is only two options, either a Creator of Heaven and Earth exists or a Creator of Heaven and Earth does not exists, hence in consequence, either Heaven exists or does not exist.

7. Hence based on this two option above, A Saved True Bible believer is always assured no matter the outcome and thuswould always have nothing to lose no matter the outcome.

8. However based on this same two options, An Atheist would always never be assured of the outcome and thus would always have something to lose based on the fact that there are two possible outcomes. That explains why an atheist is always apprehensive, worried and eager to try to find a way to convince him or herself about the existence or non existence of a Creator.
I was simply pointing out the fallacy of the statement in bold considering that there are a thousand and one Gods out there created by theists such as yourself and your being right with God does not make you right with Allah. I do hope you get my point now.

4. Not at all, I am in no way more confused than you are.
Re: ~after Death ~ Where Do We Emerge? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 09, 2009
I crave your spiritual endulgience to any who mite be tempted to backbite to please Walk in Spirit* so help us GOD. (Amen).
Re: ~after Death ~ Where Do We Emerge? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 09, 2009
I crave your spiritual endulgience to any who mite be tempted to backbite to please Walk in Spirit* so help us GOD. (Amen).
Re: ~after Death ~ Where Do We Emerge? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 09, 2009
@Truth11
Splendid abstracu u got there.
Thanks yor contribution. God bless.
Re: ~after Death ~ Where Do We Emerge? by Enockia(m): 9:21am On Apr 11, 2009
it is appointed for a man to die once
and after death to face judgement
wether he likes it or not
Re: ~after Death ~ Where Do We Emerge? by Viable(m): 10:29am On Apr 12, 2009
@Ndipe      Quote/question from Ndipe-- What happens to the soul?
A human being is a soul. While alife a human being is a living soul. Dead human being becomes a dead soul. See gen. 2;7-" And the LORD GOD formed man of the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life:and man became a LIVING SOUL'
Meaning that human being is made up of two thing:

1. Dust of the ground.

2. The breath of life from God.

When a living soul dies, the remains goes back to the earth/ground and the breath back to the source.
Is like an electric bulb. When you switch it on, the current comes up, but when you switch it off, off the current goes.

The story of lazarus and the rich man is an allegory. Jesus used it to teach that there is no repentance in the grave. An allegory is like a parabble.

Remain Blessed.
Re: ~after Death ~ Where Do We Emerge? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 12, 2009
Thanks viable
Re: ~after Death ~ Where Do We Emerge? by slimfine(f): 11:01pm On May 30, 2009
to add to what Viable said: It amazes me that some christian think that after they die they go to heaven! where does resurrection fit in? you mean to tell me that after you are in heaven, then you will come back down to the grave and be resurrected?
Re: ~after Death ~ Where Do We Emerge? by MadMax1(f): 11:06am On May 31, 2009
Don't sweat it.
We are ALL going to find out the answer to that question.
Eventually.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Redeemed Christian Church Of God Is The Best: But I Have Questions / The Lord Jesus Christ Took My 10 Year Old Daughter Charis To Hell Last Night ( J / Why Do Some Pastors Preach The Word With A Laptop Instead Of The Holy Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.