Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,259 members, 7,839,311 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts (26051 Views)

Shut Down Your Facebook And Twitter Accounts - Senator Shehu Sani Tells Buhari / FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts / FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts by TheDauraMallam: 12:01pm On Aug 16, 2015
That person called Our Corespondent must be monitored and arrested.

His/her source is never credible.
Re: FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts by pet4ril(f): 12:01pm On Aug 16, 2015
This is serious. ..Has it gotten to this?
Re: FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts by Abbeyunique2(m): 12:01pm On Aug 16, 2015
Why do I have the feeling that OP is lying?
Re: FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts by Youngzedd(m): 12:03pm On Aug 16, 2015
ibe9ja:
And for the mumu wey una be una come decide to reveal such sensitive information to the public so dat the terrorist group will be aware and take precautions.

Confirm mumu grin
Re: FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts by Diamondpicture(m): 12:03pm On Aug 16, 2015
funlord:
grin

They need to come and also monitor this nairaland! After all these biafran and wailing _imbeciles are also veritable pools from which terrorist groups can easily recruit from!
Hello bro I have been trying your line since yesterday just help me to inform your dad that my dad said he can resume work on Monday because we sent our gate man away today tell him to come with all your mother and 2 other members of the family as suttee let him come as early as 6 am because other people are applying for the job also

1 Like

Re: FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts by Mogidi: 12:04pm On Aug 16, 2015
boman2014:
Abeg , FG should monitor barcanister , mogidi , etc

I will continue to monitor fed govt whether they like it or not, no place for decree 4.
Re: FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts by MadCow1: 12:04pm On Aug 16, 2015
Federal Ministry of Facebook and Twitter affairs.. grin
Re: FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts by arigold1304(m): 12:05pm On Aug 16, 2015
Probe and monitors since this administration enter office yet no result........we are still where we are,,,,,,,Nonsense!
Re: FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts by sidneyj(m): 12:06pm On Aug 16, 2015
ibe9ja:
And for the mumu wey una be una come decide to reveal such sensitive information to the public so dat the terrorist group will be aware and take precautions.
What do you expect from country where leaders think like Akpos?
Re: FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts by osimataylor(m): 12:12pm On Aug 16, 2015
See how the pro APC paper PUNCH presented this news because GEJ is no longer the president.You can imagine the uproar this same act generated prior to APc taking over gov.Now it is good.Only targetted at terrorist etc.We all know the mischief and falsehood written about thie project earlier.
wapSmart:
The Federal Government has been monitoring the social media accounts of Nigerians who are suspected of having links with various terrorist groups, including Boko Haram and the Islamic State of Syria and Iraq, findings bySUNDAY PUNCHhave shown.

Our correspondent learnt that through covert operations, which have been going on for a while, security agencies hack into the Facebook and Twitter accounts of those they are monitoring.
The move, it was learnt, was meant to frustrate terrorist attacks on the country.

The project, which is costing the country millions of dollars, is being managed by the Office of the National Security Adviser.
Multiple sources, who spoke to our correspondent on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to inform the press about the security checks, stated that the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan approved the request by security agencies to spy on targeted sections of the population, mainly religious extremists and radicalised individuals.

It was gathered that the project is being coordinated by some foreign firms, including an Israeli firm, Elbit System.

Our correspondent learnt that the local espionage involves hacking of phones, email accounts, social media accounts and bugging of telephone conversations of persons of interest.

A source said, “The surveillance system is not being used to target everyone, as people may want to believe. It is only deployed to get intelligence on specific targets because it would be hard and difficult to use such system to spy on all Nigerians; the amount of data would be too huge and staggering for the assessors to sort and manage.

“Basically, the system is used to hack into emails and phones of targets, and the targets are those who are suspected of having ties with terrorists, whether Boko Haram, ISIS or any other criminal element.”

It was also learnt that the system had greatly assisted security agencies to nip in the bud and also frustrate many terror plots and attacks across the country.
The security agencies had been using electronic trackers, which they were used to track and apprehend kidnappers.

But it was learnt that the electronic surveillance system is more effective and has better capacities to hack emails, passwords and social media accounts used by terrorists to recruit members.

The Force Public Relations Officer, Emmanuel Ojukwu, confirmed that security agencies were using a sophisticated surveillance system as part of measures to combat crime and terrorism in the country.

He said, “It is not a new technology. Everywhere in the world, it is used, including drones and other sophisticated equipment. Nigeria is part of the international community; we have our surveillance system, which shows that Nigeria is developing.”
Ojukwu said the security agencies respect the rights of Nigerians and were not using the system to hack the phones and computers of innocent Nigerians.

The Department of State Services could not be reached for information on their use of the surveillance system.

http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-monitors-nigerians-facebook-twitter-accounts/

Lalasticlala
Re: FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts by WomanOfDnorth(f): 12:13pm On Aug 16, 2015
Really??. shocked
Re: FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts by sidneyj(m): 12:14pm On Aug 16, 2015
funlord:
grin

They need to come and also monitor this nairaland! After all these biafran and wailing _imbeciles are also veritable pools from which terrorist groups can easily recruit from!
When you get to church/musque today pray that God should give you sense cus you are running out of brain
Re: FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts by Seadove70(m): 12:15pm On Aug 16, 2015
funlord:
grin

that is true especially biafran peoples

2 Likes

Re: FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts by saintkel(m): 12:15pm On Aug 16, 2015
Men make I respect mysef ooooo
Re: FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts by padretech(m): 12:15pm On Aug 16, 2015
Do you know you can make Cool Cash with your USED/condemned batteries?

We buy Scrap, condemned, Bad, Motor & INVERTER batteries.
We can pick them up from your home or office.
They are to be recycled.
Tel: 08161195037 or 08059677341

We have COLLECTION CENTRES in
Lagos, Abuja, Portharcourt, Aba, Owerri,
Benin, Asaba, Uyo, Calabar, Bayelsa, Ibadan, Akure,
Ado-Ekiti, ILorin, Abeokuta, Minna, Lokoja, Kano,
Re: FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts by saintkel(m): 12:17pm On Aug 16, 2015
Seadove70:
that is true especially biafran peoples
abeg upgrade ur sense a little now
Re: FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 16, 2015
ibe9ja:

Some of these media houses have terrorist links. They usually make them an offer they can't refuse and the ones who resist their entreaties are usually attacked by bombers

1 Like

Re: FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts by sucess001(m): 12:20pm On Aug 16, 2015
And despite this, there were hundreds of terror attacks under d same administration? Abegiii
Re: FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 16, 2015
FG of Nigeria can never do that. They don't have the capacity.

1 Like

Re: FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts by slap1(m): 12:23pm On Aug 16, 2015
They haven't monitored the easy ones. Let's hear jor!

1 Like

Re: FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts by chipet67(m): 12:24pm On Aug 16, 2015
Have we now seen why Nnamdi Kanu is calling them baboons and monkeys ?
How can they disclose such a sensitive information to the public? Even my younger sister won't do that. God forbid this kind of stupidity.
Re: FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts by funlord(m): 12:26pm On Aug 16, 2015
[/quote] grin
sidneyj:

When you get to church/musque today please help me pray that God should give my father sense cus the old _fool is running out of brain

Yes! I tried! The pastor shared your _moronic fathers testimony during service! Unfortunately prayers can not help in your families case! All of you were born with factory fitted _stupidity! Now GET LOST!

2 Likes

Re: FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts by Seadove70(m): 12:27pm On Aug 16, 2015
saintkel:
abeg upgrade ur sense a little now
mind your own speeches.
Re: FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts by Osisie(m): 12:27pm On Aug 16, 2015
This is classified info. Why is the public being informed? Na wa o. Una no get sense? This country sef. U guys just jinxed the operation. SUCKERS!!!
Re: FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts by charlsecy(m): 12:28pm On Aug 16, 2015
wapSmart:
The Federal Government has been monitoring the social media accounts of Nigerians who are suspected of having links with various terrorist groups, including Boko Haram and the Islamic State of Syria and Iraq....
You can see the media is working for the terrorists!

1 Like

Re: FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts by chudyboy05(m): 12:31pm On Aug 16, 2015
funlord:
grin

all hail Biafra!!! Happy sunday boy!!! I want u to always use d name "Biafra and wailers" for mouthwash every morning. Its a better way to start ur day.
Re: FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts by funlord(m): 12:31pm On Aug 16, 2015
grin
Diamondpicture:
Hello bro I have been trying your line since yesterday just help me to inform your dad that my dad said he can resume work on Monday because we sent our gate man away today tell him to come with all your mother and 2 other members of the family as suttee let him come as early as 6 am because other people are applying for the job also

Is this the best you can do _faggot? Since you like sipping _sperm and seeking the attention of straight guys, I was wondering If I put my _dick in your mouth whether that will shut you up and ensure that you also take your daft, _imbecilic posts back to the jungle where you crawled out from?

1 Like

Re: FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 16, 2015
Wow this must b the latest mission impossible featuring buhari as tom cruise why boko haram d syndicate.u people beta not blive diz crap its all whack shit they aint monitoring anyboby's account its jst a plot to steal more cash,there was a time i called about 5 diffrent mtn customer care to help me track the current location of a mobile number but to my biggest suprise they couldnt.
Re: FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts by Mznaett: 12:32pm On Aug 16, 2015
Hmm,but must they make it known to the world? This kind country sef undecided
Re: FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts by SylarsMcQuins: 12:35pm On Aug 16, 2015
[b][/b][/color][color=#000099]
Story for the gods, who wan dash dem dat kin sense.
Re: FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts by Candyrain(m): 12:38pm On Aug 16, 2015
ibe9ja:

That's shows how smart they are. Chaiii APShit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vanguard Appologises To Tinubu For Publishing False Story About His Health / CPC On FG/Boko-Haram Using Buhari's Name / Bayelsa Monarch, "ProgressNeverDie" Shot In Southern Ijaw LGA (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.