Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,462 members, 7,850,613 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:55 AM

Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? (2925 Views)

The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) / Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) / Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by truefact: 2:28pm On Aug 16, 2015
scribble:
Lol clown

So what if Yoruba's are cowards etc....

This thread na Yoruba man make am possible

Gtbank....d same thing

Biafra na Yoruba shut am down....

I know you lot are suffercated and diabolical liars, but coward yorubas did not shut down biafra....Biafra is shut down by combined efforts of the Hausa-Fulani and the western world....

If yorubas shut down biafra, they should have been the owners of Nigeria instead of the Hausa-Fulani. ..

If yorubas shut down biafra, coward awolowo would automatically become a president
If yorubas shut down biafra, abacha won't have dared to kill the greatest son of odua and his wife, MKO

If yorubas shut down biafra, diya won't have cried before Hausa-Fulani junior officer

3 Likes

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by OkutaNla: 2:29pm On Aug 16, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Yes Afonja and Alimi

Mr., please when will Ndigbo respond to the recent humiliation of your fellow kinsmen via beheadings in the hands of the minority igala militants? Considering how quick you all are to label others as cowards, one would have expected the Biafrans to have reacted swiftly and decisively following that humiliating incident. Abi that 'runaway' Ojukwu tendency is at work again or what? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by OkutaNla: 2:31pm On Aug 16, 2015
BishopMagic:

You bloody liar.

That war had nothing to do with coward yorybas but between the British and a Bini Garrison

Coward.

Oh my God ! grin grin grin Now It's official -- you are a confirmed nut-case. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by baralatie(m): 2:36pm On Aug 16, 2015
PRINCE KOSOKO

MADAM TINUBU

ALAAFIN OBA ADEYEMI 1st

2 Likes

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by NDPVF(m): 2:47pm On Aug 16, 2015
[s]
TRUTHTOPOWER:
opposition to which govt. Notable figures of progress include Bishop Ajayi Crowther who helped in developing literacy and Sapara Williams, the first lawyer in Nigeria
[/s]This is one of my many troubles with you ediots of southwest that always claim sophistication.Please,the op's question is straight and simple.Stop telling us who brought education.we are talking about real arm struggle that swept across Africa in early 1900s.
BTW the two names you put up there,doesn't look yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by NDPVF(m): 2:48pm On Aug 16, 2015
[s]
TRUTHTOPOWER:
opposition to which govt. Notable figures of progress include Bishop Ajayi Crowther who helped in developing literacy and Sapara Williams, the first lawyer in Nigeria
[/s]This is one of my many troubles with you ediots of southwest that always claim sophistication.Please,the op's question is straight and simple.Stop telling us who brought education.we are talking about real arm struggle that swept across Africa in early 1900s.
BTW the two names you put up there,doesn't look yoruba..

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by OkutaNla: 2:55pm On Aug 16, 2015
NDPVF:
[s][/s]

How will the names "look Yoruba" to you, when you spend most of your precious time thinking of how to blow up oil pipes and forming militant in the creeks instead of studying basic history. Smh. For your info, Sapara Williams was Yoruba and the first Nigerian to be called to the bar. And if you don't know Ajayi Crowther then you are hopeless. Next time make good use of google before embarrassing yourself. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by TRUTHTOPOWER: 3:04pm On Aug 16, 2015
NDPVF:
[s][/s]This is one of my many troubles with you ediots of southwest that always claim sophistication.Please,the op's question is straight and simple.Stop telling us who brought education.we are talking about real arm struggle that swept across Africa in early 1900s.

forgive my naivety. I assumed the savage glamour of UNPROFITABLE war has lost its vainglory in this age. Civilized countries have somethings to show for their wars. but it is rather amusing to see tha the thread is about names not achievements of war. those who gave the defination of idiocy will also be amused by your character in an enlightened society. I will not define you, you have given a practical description of your stage of human development. I can only pray for your progress because the world has moved on. wisdom is profitable to direct.

2 Likes

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by NDPVF(m): 3:26pm On Aug 16, 2015
[s]
TRUTHTOPOWER:

forgive my naivety. I assumed the savage glamour of UNPROFITABLE war has lost its vainglory in this age. Civilized countries have somethings to show for their wars. but it is rather amusing to see tha the thread is about names not achievements of war. those who gave the defination of idiocy will also be amused by your character in an enlightened society. I will not define you, you have given a practical description of your stage of human development. I can only pray for your progress because the world has moved on. wisdom is profitable to direct.
[/s]This is an emotional ladden cheap blackmail.Answer the question and stop wailing.Its only a fool that will dispise others past efforts,because he has non.Its through the 'yesterday',that 'today' came.And surely,through 'today' that 'tomorrow' gonna come.
Past histories sometimes plays a vital role in the evolvement of a nation.stop crying if yours points to cowardice & slavery,while others,affirms bravery and freedom/mastery.

3 Likes

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 16, 2015
OkutaNla:

Mr., please when will Ndigbo respond to the recent humiliation of your fellow kinsmen via beheadings in the hands of the minority igala militants? Considering how quick you all are to label others as cowards, one would have expected the Biafrans to have reacted swiftly and decisively following that humiliating incident. Abi that 'runaway' Ojukwu tendency is at work again or what? cheesy

www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nnorth-east/127995-four-killed-as-kogi-community-claims-attack-by-anambra-community-over-oil-wells.html
Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 16, 2015
BishopMagic:

Away crowther was not a precolonial figure but a colonial figure. Ajayi crowther came into the scene long after the British had raised their union jack over Nigeria.

And fyi I am asking of any militant opposition figure, not some bible totting hippie

At the bolded grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by NDPVF(m): 4:04pm On Aug 16, 2015
[s]
OkutaNla:

How will the names "look Yoruba" to you, when you spend most of your precious time thinking of how to blow up oil pipes and forming militancy in the creeks instead of studying basic history. Smh. For your info, Sapara Williams was Yoruba and the first Nigerian to be called to the bar. And if you don't know Ajayi Crowther then you are hopeless. Next time make good use of google before embarrassing yourself. undecided
[/s]We are talking about pre colonial anti-Bristish(anti-colonialization) heros.

3 Likes

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 16, 2015
Awolowo is a pre colonial opposition figure. Stop insulting my people .
Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by ARIZONA123(m): 4:26pm On Aug 16, 2015
Eshinwaju:
Another flat.head newly arrived from the sadbeast....... cheesy...
. Conehead. Who freed you?

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by Eshinwaju: 4:58pm On Aug 16, 2015
ARIZONA123:
. Conehead. Who freed you?

Go n find ur level.......a beg.... angry
Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by OkutaNla: 5:09pm On Aug 16, 2015
BuddahMonk:

www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nnorth-east/127995-four-killed-as-kogi-community-claims-attack-by-anambra-community-over-oil-wells.html

Very funny. You think you are clever buddahmonk but you really are not. That news report in the link you presented is from about two years ago. I'm talking about the recent tragic incident that took place some weeks back, where some of your fellow unarmed kinsmen were beheaded by militants from kogi. Normally I shouldn't even be discussing such tragedy in this manner under normal circumstances but I simply couldn't resist the temptation to bring it up considering how you (in particular) and some of your kinsmen (in general) are fond of calling others cowards for sometimes exercising restraint in certain situations that could lead to violent escalation.

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by abat4real37(f): 5:43pm On Aug 16, 2015
mekadinho:
Answer d question or disappear abeg....
iwo ni ko pare biso
Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 16, 2015
OkutaNla:

Very funny. You think you are clever buddahmonk but you really are not. That news report in the link you presented is from about two years ago. I'm talking about the recent tragic incident that took place some weeks back, where some of your fellow unarmed kinsmen were beheaded by militants from kogi. Normally I shouldn't even be discussing such tragedy in this manner under normal circumstances but I simply couldn't resist the temptation to bring it up considering how you (in particular) and some of your kinsmen (in general) are fond of calling others cowards for sometimes exercising restraint in certain situations that could lead to violent escalation.

Atleast they killed Kogi people too.

When is Yoruba replying Hausas for all the attacks in Ore, Ikorodu, Mile 2, Ilorin, Oshogobo and Ekiti

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by 7lives: 5:56pm On Aug 16, 2015
truefact:

I know you lot are suffercated and diabolical liars, but coward yorubas did not shut down biafra....Biafra is shut down by combined efforts of the Hausa-Fulani and the western world....

If yorubas shut down biafra, they should have been the owners of Nigeria instead of the Hausa-Fulani. ..

If yorubas shut down biafra, coward awolowo would automatically become a president
If yorubas shut down biafra, abacha won't have dared to kill the greatest son of odua and his wife, MKO

If yorubas shut down biafra, diya won't have cried before Hausa-Fulani junior officer

Try harder Benjamin black scopion, Olusegun Obasanjo and the GREAT AWOLOWO are not Hausa - Fulani.
Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by Duru1(m): 6:02pm On Aug 16, 2015
Some posters on this Nairaland are certified trolls. Sometimes though, they stumble onto untold factual facts.
Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by truefact: 6:20pm On Aug 16, 2015
7lives:

Try harder Benjamin black scopion, Olusegun Obasanjo and the GREAT AWOLOWO are not Hausa - Fulani.
If you shut biafra down, nigeria would be for yorubas, not Hausa-Fulani. ..you are all slave used and disposed... a willing tools... tools do the dirty works for the masters.

Can't hear when your obj said, the presidency is a reward for his feat at the war....this means, the north just entertained him and took it back....obj presidency is never about coward yorubas....it a personal reward...shonoke president is just few months and they took it back...

Can your mere commissioner try what atiku did to obj? you are all cowards. ..

I repeat you are cowards
Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by mekadinho(f): 8:13pm On Aug 16, 2015
abat4real37:
iwo ni ko pare biso
Onukwu ndi ofe mmanu...
Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by OkutaNla: 8:22pm On Aug 16, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Atleast they killed Kogi people too.

When is Yoruba replying Hausas for all the attacks in Ore, Ikorodu, Mile 2, Ilorin, Oshogobo and Ekiti

Guy, one of your most annoying traits is your dishonesty/disingenuous penchant for twisting facts. Nobody has a monopoly of violence. You should learn to have your facts before making stvpid statements that can be easily refuted. Here's an excerpt from Governor Fayose's media aide right after the recent Hausa-Yoruba clash in Ado (emphasis on the bolded):

“So when Hausas were attacked in Mile 12, Lagos in 2000, was the then Lagos State governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu the mastermind of the attack? When over 70 Hausas were killed in Oke Ogun area of Oyo State in 2003, was the governor then, late Alhaji Lam Adesina th mastermind the killing?"

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/183410-nurtw-members-attack-hausa-community-in-ekiti.html

From the above quote you can see that Yorubas can also get violent in extreme situations when provoked -- 70 hausas were butchered at Oke Ogun during that crisis. Obviously we often times than not choose to exercise restraint and are less barbaric compared to you igbos and hausas when it come to the business of violence, but our aversion for bloodlust is merely a demonstration civility rather than cowardice.

Apparently the recent beheadings of your kinsmen by the igala militants were in retaliation for a previous Igbo provocation. Hopefully that incident has taught you loud-mouthed lot that those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Re: Are There Any Pre-colonial Yoruba Opposition Figures? by abat4real37(f): 11:12am On Aug 19, 2015
mekadinho:
Onukwu ndi ofe mmanu...
onye zuzu

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bomb Blast In Kuje Police Station / Buhari Rejects Cancer Surgery, Hoping On A Miracle – Rumoured Report / President Buhari Opens A Nairaland Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.