Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,736 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A Goat (photo) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A Goat (photo) (1709 Views)

Massive Python Swallows Big Goat (Photos) / Woman Dances With A Goat Strapped On Her Back (Pics, Video) / Strange! This Man Gave Up Being Human To Become A Goat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A Goat (photo) by Visocrate(m): 3:03pm On Aug 16, 2015
He used special prosthetic limbs made to enable him to move around on all fours easily. This is the man so intrigued by goats he gave it all up to live with them in the mountains. Thomas Thwaites spent three days as part of a herd in the Swiss Alps while investigating goat behavior.
And the designer even considered having a fake stomach fitted to let him to eat grass, just like his four-legged friends.
He told Mashable;
"My goal was to take a holiday from the pain and worry of being a self-conscious being, able to regret the past and worry about the future."He said
"I was able to keep up for maybe a kilometer or so on this migration down the side of this kind of rocky mountain, and then they just left me in the dust.
"So I spent the rest of the day trying to catch up to them and eventually I found them again, and it was quite nice, in the actual soft grassy pasture bit.
"But actually heading down the mountain was petrifying. Because if I fell I didn’t have any hands to stop me from hitting a rock."
Thwaites has written a book about his experiences, called ‘GoatMan; How I Took a Holiday from Being Human’.

Re: Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A Goat (photo) by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 16, 2015
Stupidity!

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A Goat (photo) by EgusiSoup: 3:05pm On Aug 16, 2015
Re: Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A Goat (photo) by DickDastardly(m): 3:08pm On Aug 16, 2015
Where is our own UselessGoat grin
Re: Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A Goat (photo) by diceman1: 3:10pm On Aug 16, 2015
This is amiable. Complete dedication to the knowledge he seeks. What some people will never have.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A Goat (photo) by experimentist: 3:12pm On Aug 16, 2015
goat wey dey use helmet shocked

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A Goat (photo) by sam4(m): 3:16pm On Aug 16, 2015
ara kin tan ninu alara
Re: Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A Goat (photo) by donholy28(m): 3:17pm On Aug 16, 2015
lagmostkuit:
Stupidity!
AT ITS PEAK

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A Goat (photo) by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 16, 2015
i pray lion, tiger or other dangerous animal don't think u are one of them

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A Goat (photo) by donholy28(m): 3:18pm On Aug 16, 2015
I hope he's also eating grass but he 4 walk nakeed,fix tails and mount she goats
Re: Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A Goat (photo) by may01(f): 3:20pm On Aug 16, 2015
grin grin grin
Re: Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A Goat (photo) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 16, 2015
Is he a Yoruba man?

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A Goat (photo) by goodmorning40: 3:35pm On Aug 16, 2015
Why did he not choose dog or lion to crush on.
Na this type dey give animal belle
Re: Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A Goat (photo) by ramdris(m): 3:47pm On Aug 16, 2015
himkers:
Is he a Yoruba man?
This is the world most useless person.....Ewu kambia!
Re: Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A Goat (photo) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 16, 2015
ramdris:

This is the world most useless person.....Ewu kambia!

Mumu!! It's Gambia not kambia
Re: Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A Goat (photo) by Blakjewelry(m): 3:52pm On Aug 16, 2015
Goat of all animals? Lol I consider goat as one of the most ugliest animal
Re: Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A Goat (photo) by Visocrate(m): 4:13pm On Aug 16, 2015
HsLBroker:
i pray lion, tiger or other dangerous animal don't think u are one of them
guy abeg na the guy na your fellow person o him just dey want imagine how goat dey live if human can live like that na research when him finish him go tell us the outcome of his research
Re: Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A Goat (photo) by Visocrate(m): 4:14pm On Aug 16, 2015
himkers:
Is he a Yoruba man?
grin na to chine teeth for this kwesion
Re: Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A Goat (photo) by SexyStrawberry(f): 5:53pm On Aug 16, 2015
I've seen someone with a moniker called UselessGoat, where is he sef ? grin
Re: Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A Goat (photo) by SexyStrawberry(f): 5:53pm On Aug 16, 2015
Re: Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A Goat (photo) by ramdris(m): 6:22pm On Aug 16, 2015
himkers:

Mumu!! It's Gambia not kambia
Good! Thank u for correcting me and accepting u r a real ewu gambia...lol
Re: Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A Goat (photo) by Ayo8(m): 7:10pm On Aug 16, 2015
lagmostkuit:
Stupidity!

At its peak...

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A Goat (photo) by ifyalways(f): 8:40pm On Aug 16, 2015
Too much time, resources and energy dey worry the man cheesy

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A Goat (photo) by fearlesschicken: 8:58am On Aug 17, 2015
Silly nigerians never reading before commenting. Please where is the source of your article?
Re: Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A Goat (photo) by fearlesschicken: 9:02am On Aug 17, 2015
lagmostkuit:
Stupidity!
You sound very ignorant,he isn't the first or last. Haven't you heard of participant observation? I guess you haven't.it is because it involves animals that's why it seems silly to you.

He didn't become a goat forever, he took some days off to see the how it is like living as a goat has he loves goats. He has written a book and gotten a lot of pretige for this.what exactly have you done in your life? Yet you call it stupidity....better go and get something doing with your life

diceman1:
This is amiable. Complete dedication to the knowledge he seeks. What some people will never have.
Exactly! Someone with brain here! 2 bottles for you!
Re: Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A Goat (photo) by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 20, 2015
SexyStrawberry:

e no go beta for ur mama undecided
Re: Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A Goat (photo) by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 20, 2015
He is simply a goat, nothing more
Re: Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A Goat (photo) by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 21, 2015
Blakjewelry:
Goat of all animals? Lol I consider goat as one of the most ugliest animal
are you kidding me?like goat,ugliest animal?have youu ever heard of champanzee or better put monkey?
Re: Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A Goat (photo) by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 21, 2015
uselessgoat:

e no go beta for ur mama undecided
you are really useless,the only difference btw you and a goat is that goats are quite useful while you are totally useless!
Re: Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A Goat (photo) by Blakjewelry(m): 11:02am On Aug 24, 2015
Jollyjoy:
are you kidding me?like goat,ugliest animal?have youu ever heard of champanzee or better put monkey?
Don't worry when next you see a goat, take a look at his half pass eye then you will understand. Chimps ain't ugly when compared to goat except those that loss their hair due to infection
Re: Meet The Man Who Gave Up Being Human To Live Like A Goat (photo) by ElFenomeno1: 11:03am On Aug 24, 2015
What can you call this?
SMH. cry

(1) (Reply)

Kwara Express Disappoints Passengers / Dangote Truck Crushes Private Car. All Passengers Dead. / Real Ghost Caught On Live Camera (gone Scary)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.