Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. (39810 Views)

President Trump Talking About Salvation Through Jesus Christ! / Why Are There So Many Churches In Nigeria? / How Many Pastors, Prophet,or Bishop's Preach About Salvation To Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Kei144(m): 1:33pm On Dec 27, 2015
Highcuerayte:
Lol..... Bro you are both saying the same thing. I don't see why you have difficulty seeing the agreement between both.

Do you know God standard for you is to be unconscious of sin as a son? Spend your life not thinking of how to avoid sin? This can only be done by listening to the direct voice of God that guides you everyday and not the listless list of "thou shall not"

The issue is not about thinking about how to avoid sins. Spending your life thinking means that one is depending on human power. The real issue is the nature within. You either have a sinful nature (inherited from Adam) or the divine (holy) nature that the Spirit gives. The solution to sin is to receive the divine nature. How does a person receive the divine nature? That is the question that the churches are supposed to be occupied with. Once you receive the divine nature, it becomes impossible for you to commit sin. Instead of the false statement that you commonly hear, that it is impossible for a human being not to sin, the converse is the case for a person that inherits the divine nature; it is impossible for such a person to commit sin.
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by FuckTheMod: 1:33pm On Dec 27, 2015
[s]
Isaacmacdon:
u r indeed asleep nd nids 2 wake up. Jesus was a human as u said buh let me remind u dat Jesus is GOD.. Nd for d fact dat he is a GOD he has al d knowledge nd power to withstand d human nature.. B4 abraham,Jesus was..
[/s]
Rubbish

Confused people

Jesus is God Lol!

So God sent is only begotten God to come and die and be crucified for God to forgive us our sins and for God to be pleased with us

RUBBISH
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Isaacmacdon(m): 1:34pm On Dec 27, 2015
BreezyRita:
Toks2008, God bless you my brother for this.
I get your drift. Some people have seen themselves as being do unworthy of God's mercy that they just give up. They believe they've erred too much and can't be forgiven.
Surprisingly, this is what some churches teach. They run you down with words from the Bible. Tell you how much of a sinner you are; judge you and just make you lose hope.
I've been in situations when I find myself doing something I know I shouldn't be doing as a Christian. Now, on many occasions these actions were not premeditated. They just happened.
What am to do? Give up and continue doing them or sincerely ask for help from my Father?? The latter of course.

Even well- known men of God struggle with sin. When sin is mentioned, all that comes to mind is fornication, adultery, murder, theft and all. Have we thought about spiritual sins? Believe me, God is quicker to judge those than physical ones. Unbelief? Anxiety? A lot of em.

Finally, His ways are never our ways Isaiah 55:8-9.
1Corinthians 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

Be blessed!
u r blessd!

1 Like

Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Toks2008(m): 1:36pm On Dec 27, 2015
saintgh:
Toks2008
I am glad you wrote this so my question is answered..
So please tell me why you accused me of heresy? Can you see that people like you are those responsible for sending millions of souls to hell?
Tell me one difference my write up has to what you wrote?
Let me stop here.

all i can say is that you re really 'confused' search your scripture with an open mind and see d posibilities you have in christ wen u re saved. u just said wat u feel pple want to hear nt really wat d bible preaches. all dose great men u mentioned in yur write up dat u said sinned,, were punished by God subsequently; from Abraham t o david and so on..& 2dy if we 1 sin dere might nt be instant judgement because we re in d tym of grace & wen we sin God is patient with us hoping we cm back but if 1 dies in such state its hell straight..there 's nting lik forever saved..

So in your mind you think i have time for you..smh..i don't indulge in beer parlor arguments.

1 Like

Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Highcuerayte: 1:36pm On Dec 27, 2015
Kei144:

You obviously are not a great teacher of the Bible. Even the OP is not a great teacher. He posted some points that look very much like the new gospels being preached in numerous churches today. It was only when seriously challenged that he began to clarify his stance.

By the way, it is one thing to say that it takes the Holy Spirit to be holy, which is being said by everyone any way, and another thing to go into the practicalities. So many people in this country talk about giving their lives to Christ and about the Holy Spirit, yet you cannot rely on many of them over simple matters.
Apparently, i made no claim to be a "great" teacher of the Bible. Greatness is only ascribed to God.

That being said, like i said, many things are wrong with Nigerians Faith of which is the issue of Gospel. Nigerians have the wrong gospel preached and being preached to them which called for your last statement.

The true gospel of Christ as opposed to that which is being preached was,is and will be "Jesus is the Christ" instead of "Give your life to Jesus." The Holy spirit bears witness, no place has the Apostles ever preached "Give your life to Jesus" but it has always been "Jesus is the Christ"

When this true gospel is being preached, the question of who the Christ is will arose. Many will be answered, fulfilment will be attained. Only in the understanding of the name "Christ" will every soul have answers to all questions.

Wrong gospel preached is why we have characters claiming to know Christ worse than that of pagans.

1 Like

Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by mollie12: 1:39pm On Dec 27, 2015
cold:
What i find disconcerting with the Christian faith is this sense of self entitlement. Anyone who doesn't believe in Yahweh or his son Jesus Christ will end up in the lake of fire popularly referred to as hell. Taking into cognisance that there are only about a billion Christians worldwide out of a world population of 7 billion and counting.
Out of the billion Christians three quarters will not make it too heaven but that is besides the point. Assuming every Christian makes it to heaven that still leaves at least between 5.5 billion to 6 billion people to be condemned to eternal damnation simply because they did not believe in the Jewish god nor his son but had their own gods or no god at all. To think this is even a remote possibility has to be the most flawed logic and warped logic ever. Any god contemplating such an idea is simply sick and twisted.

I get you, but if you are able to step back and critically appraise your own opinion you will see that YOU are also coming from a place of self-entitlement.
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Isaacmacdon(m): 1:40pm On Dec 27, 2015
FuckTheMod:

Rubbish

Confused people

Jesus is God Lol!

So God sent is only begotten God to come and die and be crucified for God to forgive us our sins and for God to be pleased with us

RUBBISH
evry1 z entitled 2 their opinions.. Ur understanding z lacking buh i pray u get insight frm d great teacher himself.

1 Like

Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Ohamzee: 1:40pm On Dec 27, 2015
Yeah. u must be 100% righteous. The bible says that no sinner (not the worst sinner) shall enter into the kingdom of God.
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Isaacmacdon(m): 1:42pm On Dec 27, 2015
Highcuerayte:
Apparently, i made no claim to be a "great" teacher of the Bible. Greatness is only ascribed to God.

That being said, like i said, many things are wrong with Nigerians Faith of which is the issue of Gospel. Nigerians have the wrong gospel preached and being preached to them which called for your last statement.

The true gospel of Christ as opposed to that which is being preached was,is and will be "Jesus is the Christ" instead of "Give your life to Jesus." The Holy spirit bears witness, no place has the Apostles ever preached "Give your life to Jesus" but it has always been "Jesus is the Christ"

When this true gospel is being preached, the question of who the Christ is will arose. Many will be answered, fulfilment will be attained. Only in the understanding of the name "Christ" will every soul have answers to all questions.

Wrong gospel preached is why we have characters claiming to know Christ worse than that of pagans.
hmmm vry true!
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Toks2008(m): 1:42pm On Dec 27, 2015
BreezyRita:
Toks2008, God bless you my brother for this.
I get your drift. Some people have seen themselves as being do unworthy of God's mercy that they just give up. They believe they've erred too much and can't be forgiven.
Surprisingly, this is what some churches teach. They run you down with words from the Bible. Tell you how much of a sinner you are; judge you and just make you lose hope.
I've been in situations when I find myself doing something I know I shouldn't be doing as a Christian. Now, on many occasions these actions were not premeditated. They just happened.
What am to do? Give up and continue doing them or sincerely ask for help from my Father?? The latter of course.

Even well- known men of God struggle with sin. When sin is mentioned, all that comes to mind is fornication, adultery, murder, theft and all. Have we thought about spiritual sins? Believe me, God is quicker to judge those than physical ones. Unbelief? Anxiety? A lot of em.

Finally, His ways are never our ways Isaiah 55:8-9.
1Corinthians 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

Be blessed!

AMEN sis

This is why you see some people answering alter call every sunday and when you ask some people if they are born again they just get so confused cos to them being born gain is juxtaposed with sinlessness lol!

Once you have answered the alter call once,you are born again once and for all..the next thing is to ask the spirit of GOD to perfect your salvation..shikenah

3 Likes

Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by saintgh: 1:43pm On Dec 27, 2015
Toks2008:

So in your mind you think i have time for you..smh..i don't indulge in beer parlor arguments.

yu re a very funny guy..yu dont av my tym but yu replied..quiet funny.
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by danot1030: 1:46pm On Dec 27, 2015
Toks weldon and more grease! Keep the good work going.
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Highcuerayte: 1:49pm On Dec 27, 2015
Kei144:

The issue is not about thinking about how to avoid sins. Spending your life thinking means that one is depending on human power. The real issue is the nature within. You either have a sinful nature (inherited from Adam) or the divine (holy) nature that the Spirit gives. The solution to sin is to receive the divine nature. How does a person receive the divine nature? That is the question that the churches are supposed to be occupied with. Once you receive the divine nature, it becomes impossible for you to commit sin. Instead of the false statement that you commonly hear, that it is impossible for a human being not to sin, the converse is the case for a person that inherits the divine nature; it is impossible for such a person to commit sin.
You see, i wish we live in the same place so we can always have this type of discussion and share knowledge of the truth. I am of the faith a Christain based on the faithful words of Christ can live a sinless life just as Christ do. But tell me, who can i teach such truth as these in Nigeria? I tell you, you are the first person i have seen who believes you can live a sinless life. And that is why i said teachers of the Bibles are needed.
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Kei144(m): 1:49pm On Dec 27, 2015
Highcuerayte:

For clarity purpose, all "Christains"(by christains i mean followers of Christ and not follower of Christainity) are freed from sin at salvation. For sins will no longer have dominion over you.

I don't know about you, but i know of every Christains, they live above sin.

May i say you shed light on this statement " Only those who are filled with all the fullness of God at the time of the rapture will follow in the rapture."

Accepting Jesus into your life is not really salvation. Modern day churches preach that salvation is an instantaneous thing, but it is not.

Mt. 7:13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
Mt. 7:14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Mt. 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in [Or into] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
Mt. 28:20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the
age.”

Ph. 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed — not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence — continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,
Ph. 2:13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.

Baptism into Jesus Christ, which is accepting Jesus into your life, is just the gate, the beginning. After you enter the gate, you then travel on the narrow road that leads to eternal life.

Lk. 13:22 Then Jesus went through the towns and villages, teaching as he made his way to Jerusalem.
Lk. 13:23 Someone asked him, “Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?” He said to them,
Lk. 13:24 “Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to.
Lk. 13:25 Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, `Sir, open the door for us.’ “But he will answer, `I don’t know you or where you come from.’
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by vislabraye(m): 1:50pm On Dec 27, 2015
FuckTheMod:

Liar

Who told you he didn't sin

1) oh lord, why have thou forsaken me > He lost hope in God (on the cross according to your bible)

2) He came to the church and was "angered" by people trading in the house of the lord and then, he "kicked" and "scattered" their goods.

In conclusion,

All humans are sinners, JESUS CHRIST WAS ALSO A HUMAN.

So in other words, Jesus sinned ? Hmmm
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Highcuerayte: 1:51pm On Dec 27, 2015
Kei144:

Accepting Jesus into your life is not really salvation. Modern day churches preach that salvation is an instantaneous thing, but it is not.

Mt. 7:13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
Mt. 7:14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Mt. 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in [Or into] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
Mt. 28:20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the
age.”

Ph. 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed — not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence — continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,
Ph. 2:13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.

Baptism into Jesus Christ, which is accepting Jesus into your life, is just the gate, the beginning. After you enter the gate, you then travel on the narrow road that leads to eternal life.

Lk. 13:22 Then Jesus went through the towns and villages, teaching as he made his way to Jerusalem.
Lk. 13:23 Someone asked him, “Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?” He said to them,
Lk. 13:24 “Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to.
Lk. 13:25 Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, `Sir, open the door for us.’ “But he will answer, `I don’t know you or where you come from.’
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by OAFMods: 1:52pm On Dec 27, 2015
kepstone:
Sir, I am a Pastor, and what you wrote or posted is heyressy. I will not and never teach this nonsense to my church. U are not spiritually matured yet bro or whoever u are. U have not understand bthe concept of SIN. Time will not permit me to elucidate more on this, cos I see u don't know homiletics ( law of scripture interpretation). Please just ask God to to forgive u for this s trash you posted, cos this is not the HolySpirit speaking through you. 2tim2:19-22, 1thesss4:3-4, Gal 5:19-21. There are many scriptures that talks about purity, Holiness and much more. Please don't derail people with this. God did not save you to keep you in sin, and for you to keep on wallowing in sin. If a pig falls into the mud it wallows, but if a sheep falls into a mud it cries out for help because its not in the nature of the sheep to wallow in d mud. No matter how you sin and how you fall, or make mistake, never endorse sin, cos sin is not the nature of a believer. But when a beliver consciously sin.... Does he think grace will abound. If many will run with this as believers they will end up in HELL FIRE. So please correct yourself and go and study your bible well before you come out to the public to tell people about the bible you did not authored.

Mr Pastor, are you without sin ? You that know the anatomy of the Holy Spirit. Can you look God in the eye n say you have not sinned this few days ? My bible teacher preach pass you yet he is an ardent drunkard. He'd take any pastor to the cleaners on or about the scripture. If you be God Na God know how many you'd have condemned to hellfire yet your life is not without sin.

The bible say our righteous is like a filthy rag before God. I do not see how yours could be any different talk of being beta. As you pastor reach you go still sin this week, only his grace n not your understand make us whole. You are not at your alter so I beg no come dey grand stand here on NairaLand.
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by FuckTheMod: 1:53pm On Dec 27, 2015
Isaacmacdon:
evry1 z entitled 2 their opinions.. Ur understanding z lacking buh i pray u get insight frm d great teacher himself.

I don't need any teacher

I have studied the well and I just can't stand some of this silly contradictions filled in it.

1. Who incited David to count the fighting
men of Israel?
God did (2 Samuel 24: 1)
Satan did (I Chronicles 2 1:1)
2. In that count how many fighting men were
found in Israel?
Eight hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
One million, one hundred thousand (I
Chronicles 21:5)
3. How many fighting men were found in
Judah?
Five hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
Four hundred and seventy thousand (I
Chronicles 21:5)
4. God sent his prophet to threaten David
with how many years of famine?
Seven (2 Samuel 24:13)
Three (I Chronicles 21:12)
5. How old was Ahaziah when he began to
rule over Jerusalem?
Twenty-two (2 Kings 8:26)
Forty-two (2 Chronicles 22:2)
6. How old was Jehoiachin when he became
king of Jerusalem?
Eighteen (2 Kings 24:cool
Eight (2 Chronicles 36:9)
7. How long did he rule over Jerusalem?
Three months (2 Kings 24:cool
Three months and ten days (2 Chronicles
36:9)
8. The chief of the mighty men of David lifted
up his spear and killed how many men at one
time?
Eight hundred (2 Samuel 23:cool
Three hundred (I Chronicles 11: 11)
9. When did David bring the Ark of the
Covenant to Jerusalem? Before defeating the
Philistines or after?
After (2 Samuel 5 and 6)
Before (I Chronicles 13 and 14)
10. How many pairs of clean animals did God
tell Noah to take into the Ark?
Two (Genesis 6:19, 20)
Seven (Genesis 7:2). But despite this last
instruction only two pairs went into the ark
(Genesis 7:8-9)
11. When David defeated the King of Zobah,
how many horsemen did he capture?
One thousand and seven hundred (2 Samuel
8:4)
Seven thousand (I Chronicles 18:4)
12. How many stalls for horses did Solomon
have?
Forty thousand (I Kings 4:26)
Four thousand (2 chronicles 9:25)
13. In what year of King Asa's reign did
Baasha, King of Israel die?
Twenty-sixth year (I Kings 15:33 - 16:cool
Still alive in the thirty-sixth year (2
Chronicles 16:1)
14. How many overseers did Solomon appoint
for the work of building the temple?
Three thousand six hundred (2 Chronicles
2:2)
Three thousand three hundred (I Kings 5:16)
15. Solomon built a facility containing how
many baths?
Two thousand (1 Kings 7:26)
Over three thousand (2 Chronicles 4:5)
16. Of the Israelites who were freed from the
Babylonian captivity, how many were the
children of Pahrath-Moab?
Two thousand eight hundred and twelve
(Ezra 2:6)
Two thousand eight hundred and eighteen
(Nehemiah 7:11)
17. How many were the children of Zattu?
Nine hundred and forty-five (Ezra 2:cool
Eight hundred and forty-five (Nehemiah 7:13)
18. How many were the children of Azgad?
One thousand two hundred and twenty-two
(Ezra 2:12)
Two thousand three hundred and twenty-two
(Nehemiah 7:17)
19. How many were the children of Adin?
Four hundred and fifty-four (Ezra 2:15)
Six hundred and fifty-five (Nehemiah 7:20)
20. How many were the children of Hashum?
Two hundred and twenty-three (Ezra 2:19)
Three hundred and twenty-eight (Nehemiah
7:22)
21. How many were the children of Bethel and
Ai?
Two hundred and twenty-three (Ezra 2:28)
One hundred and twenty-three (Nehemiah
7:32)
22. Ezra 2:64 and Nehemiah 7:66 agree that
the total number of the whole assembly was
42,360. Yet the numbers do not add up to
anything close. The totals obtained from each
book is as follows:
29,818 (Ezra)
31,089 (Nehemiah)
23. How many singers accompanied the
assembly?
Two hundred (Ezra 2:65)
Two hundred and forty-five (Nehemiah 7:67)
24. What was the name of King Abijahs
mother?
Michaiah, daughter of Uriel of Gibeah (2
Chronicles 13:2)
Maachah, daughter of Absalom (2 Chronicles
11:20) But Absalom had only one daughter
whose name was Tamar (2 Samuel 14:27)
25. Did Joshua and the Israelites capture
Jerusalem?
Yes (Joshua 10:23, 40)
No (Joshua 15:63)
26. Who was the father of Joseph, husband of
Mary?
Jacob (Matthew 1:16)
Hell (Luke 3:23)
27. Jesus descended from which son of David?
Solomon (Matthew 1:6)
Nathan(Luke3:31)
28. Who was the father of Shealtiel?
Jechoniah (Matthew 1:12)
Neri (Luke 3:27)
29. Which son of Zerubbabel was an ancestor
of Jesus Christ?
Abiud (Matthew 1: 13)
Rhesa (Luke 3:27) But the seven sons of
Zerubbabel are as follows: i.Meshullam, ii.
Hananiah, iii. Hashubah, iv. Ohel,
v.Berechiah, vi. Hasadiah, viii. Jushabhesed (I
Chronicles 3:19, 20). The names Abiud and
Rhesa do not fit in anyway.
30. Who was the father of Uzziah?
Joram (Matthew 1:cool
Amaziah (2 Chronicles 26:1)
31. Who was the father of Jechoniah?
Josiah (Matthew 1:11)
Jeholakim (I Chronicles 3:16)
32. How many generations were there from
the Babylonian exile until Christ?
Matthew says fourteen (Matthew 1:17)
But a careful count of the generations reveals
only thirteen (see Matthew 1: 12-16)
33. Who was the father of Shelah?
Cainan (Luke 3:35-36)
Arphaxad (Genesis II: 12)
34. Was John the Baptist Elijah who was to
come?
Yes (Matthew II: 14, 17:10-13)
No (John 1:19-21)
35. Would Jesus inherit Davids throne?
Yes. So said the angel (Luke 1:32)
No, since he is a descendant of Jehoiakim (see
Matthew 1: I 1, I Chronicles 3:16). And
Jehoiakim was cursed by God so that none of
his descendants can sit upon Davids throne
(Jeremiah 36:30)
36. Jesus rode into Jerusalem on how many
animals?
One - a colt (Mark 11:7; cf Luke 19:3 5). And
they brought the colt to Jesus and threw their
garments on it; and he sat upon it.
Two - a colt and an ass (Matthew 21:7). They
brought the ass and the colt and put their
garments on them and he sat thereon.
37. How did Simon Peter find out that Jesus
was the Christ?
By a revelation from heaven (Matthew 16:17)
His brother Andrew told him (John 1:41)
38. Where did Jesus first meet Simon Peter
and Andrew?
By the sea of Galilee (Matthew 4:18-22)
On the banks of river Jordan (John 1:42).
After that, Jesus decided to go to Galilee (John
1:43)
39. When Jesus met Jairus was Jairus daughter
already dead?
Yes. Matthew 9:18 quotes him as saying, My
daughter has just died.
No. Mark 5:23 quotes him as saying, My little
daughter is at the point of death.
40. Did Jesus allow his disciples to keep a
staff on their journey?
Yes (Mark 6:cool
No (Matthew 10:9; Luke 9:3)
41. Did Herod think that Jesus was John the
Baptist?
Yes (Matthew 14:2; Mark 6:16)
No (Luke 9:9)
42. Did John the Baptist recognize Jesus
before his baptism?
Yes (Matthew 3:13-14)
No (John 1:32,33)
43. Did John the Baptist recognize Jesus after
his baptism?
Yes (John 1:32, 33)
No (Matthew 11:2)
44. According to the Gospel of John, what did
Jesus say about bearing his own witness?
If I bear witness to myself, my testimony is
not true (John 5:3 1)
Even if I do bear witness to myself, my
testimony is true (John 8:14)
45. When Jesus entered Jerusalem did he
cleanse the temple that same day?
Yes (Matthew 21:12)
No. He went into the temple and looked
around, but since it was very late he did
nothing. Instead, he went to Bethany to spend
the night and returned the next morning to
cleanse the temple (Mark I 1:1- 17)
46. The Gospels say that Jesus cursed a fig
tree. Did the tree wither at once?
Yes. (Matthew 21:19)
No. It withered overnight (Mark II: 20)
47. Did Judas kiss Jesus?
Yes (Matthew 26:48-50)
No. Judas could not get close enough to Jesus
to kiss him (John 18:3-12)
48. What did Jesus say about Peters denial?
The cock will not crow till you have denied
me three times (John 13:38)
Before the cock crows twice you will deny me
three times (Mark 14:30) . When the cock
crowed once, the three denials were not yet
complete (see Mark 14:72). Therefore
prediction (a) failed.
49. Did Jesus bear his own cross?
Yes (John 19:17)
No (Matthew 27:31-32)
50. Did Jesus die before the curtain of the
temple was torn?
Yes (Matthew 27:50-51; Mark lS:37-38)
No. After the curtain was torn, then Jesus
crying with a loud voice, said, Father, into thy
hands I commit my spirit! And having said
this he breathed his last (Luke 23:45-46)
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Highcuerayte: 1:54pm On Dec 27, 2015
Kei144:

age.”

That is why i said Nigerians understanding of the world salvation is wrong.

Salvation simply put is getting you recreated to do more good than wrong. As you walk with Christ in Faith you begin to see the possibility of doing good always. Salvation is all about moral perfection.
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by FuckTheMod: 1:55pm On Dec 27, 2015
52. Where was Jesus at the sixth hour on the
day of the crucifixion?
On the cross (Mark 15:23)
In Pilates court (John 19:14)
53. The gospels say that two thieves were
crucified along with Jesus. Did both thieves
mock Jesus?
Yes (Mark 15:32)
No. One of them mocked Jesus, the other
defended Jesus (Luke 23:43)
54. Did Jesus ascend to Paradise the same day
of the crucifixion?
Yes. He said to the thief who defended him,
Today you will be with me in Paradise (Luke
23:43)
No. He said to Mary Magdelene two days
later, I have not yet ascended to the Father
(John 20:17)
55. When Paul was on the road to Damascus
he saw a light and heard a voice. Did those
who were with him hear the voice?
Yes (Acts9:7)
No (Acts22:9)
56. When Paul saw the light he fell to the
ground. Did his traveling companions also
fall to the ground?
Yes (Acts 26:14)
No (Acts 9:7)
57. Did the voice spell out on the spot what
Pauls duties were to be?
Yes (Acts 26:16-18)
No. The voice commanded Paul to go into the
city of Damascus and there he will be told
what he must do. (Acts9:7;22: 10)
58. When the Israelites dwelt in Shittin they
committed adultery with the daughters of
Moab. God struck them with a plague. How
many people died in that plague?
Twenty-four thousand (Numbers 25:1 and 9)
Twenty-three thousand (I Corinthians 10:cool
59. How many members of the house of Jacob
came to Egypt?
Seventy souls (Genesis 4 & 27)
Seventy-five souls (Acts 7:14)
60. What did Judas do with the blood money
he received for betraying Jesus?
He bought a field (Acts 1: 18)
He threw all of it into the temple and went
away. The priests could not put the blood
money into the temple treasury, so they used
it to buy a field to bury strangers (Matthew
27:5)
61. How did Judas die?
After he threw the money into the temple he
went away and hanged himself (Matthew
27:5)
After he bought the field with the price of his
evil deed he fell headlong and burst open in
the middle and all his bowels gushed out
(Acts 1:18)
62. Why is the field called Field of Blood?
Because the priests bought it with the blood
money (Matthew 27:cool
Because of the bloody death of Judas therein
(Acts 1:19)
63. Who is a ransom for whom?
The Son of Man came...to give his life as a
ransom for many (Mark 10:45). Christ Jesus
who gave himself as a ransom for all... (I
Timothy 2:5-6)
The wicked is a ransom for the righteous,
and the faithless for the upright (Proverbs
21:18)
64. Is the law of Moses useful?
Yes. All scripture is... profitable... (2 Timothy
3:16)
No. . . . A former commandment is set aside
because of its weakness and uselessness...
(Hebrews 7:18)
65. What was the exact wording on the cross?
This is Jesus the King of the Jews (Matthew
27:37)
The King of the Jews (Mark 15:26)
This is the King of the Jews (Luke 23:38)
Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews (John
19:19)
66. Did Herod want to kill John the Baptist?
Yes (Matthew 14:5)
No. It was Herodias, the wife of Herod who
wanted to kill him. But Herod knew that he
was a righteous man and kept him safe (Mark
6:20)
67. Who was the tenth disciple of Jesus in the
list of twelve?
Thaddaeus (Matthew 10: 1-4; Mark 3:13 -19)
Judas son of James is the corresponding name
in Lukes gospel (Luke 6:12-16)
68. Jesus saw a man sitat the tax collectors
office and called him to be his disciple. What
was his name?
Matthew (Matthew 9:9)
Levi (Mark 2:14; Luke 5:27)
69. Was Jesus crucified on the daytime before
the Passover meal or the daytime after?
After (Mark 14:12-17)
Before. Before the feast of the Passover (John
1) Judas went out at night (John 13:30). The
other disciples thought he was going out to
buy supplies to prepare for the Passover meal
(John 13:29). When Jesus was arrested, the
Jews did not enter Pilates judgment hail
because they wanted to stay clean to eat the
Passover (John 18:28). When the judgment
was pronounced against Jesus, it was about
the sixth hour on the day of Preparation for
the Passover (John 19:14)
70. Did Jesus pray to The Father to prevent
the crucifixion?
Yes. (Matthew 26:39; Mark 14:36; Luke
22:42)
No. (John 12:27)
71. In the gospels which say that Jesus prayed
to avoid the cross, how many times did he
move away from his disciples to pray?
Three (Matthew 26:36-46 and Mark 14:32-42)
One. No opening is left for another two times.
(Luke 22:39-46)
72. Matthew and Mark agree that Jesus went
away and prayed three times. What were the
words of the second prayer?
Mark does not give the words but he says that
the words were the same as the first prayer
(Mark 14:3 9)
Matthew gives us the words, and we can see
that they are not the same as in the first
(Matthew 26:42)
73. What did the centurion say when Jesus
dies?
Certainly this man was innocent (Luke 23:47)
Truly this man was the Son of God (Mark
15:39)
74. When Jesus said My God, my God, why
hast thou forsaken Me ? in what language did
he speak?
Hebrew: the words are Eloi, Eloi ..(Matthew
27:46)
Aramaic: the words are Eloi, Eloi .. (Mark
15:34)
75. According to the gospels, what were the
last words of Jesus before he died?
Father, into thy hands I commit my spirit!
(Luke 23:46)
"It is finished" (John 19:30)
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by ebeneade(m): 1:55pm On Dec 27, 2015
sportsmaster:

If a christian goes to HELL,
then God Lied in His promises and Jesus did not die for any Sin .
But scriptures has it GOD cannot LIE and Jesus died for the Sins of the Whole world.
If Jesus paid for my Sins,then why would my Sins be charged against me..
What you should teach people as a Pastor is SPIRITUAL GROWTH and the assurance of their salvation.
Not HELL.

Preach it sir!!!!! Until the glory of the knowledge of God covers the earth as the waters covereth the sea.
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by FuckTheMod: 1:57pm On Dec 27, 2015
76. When Jesus entered Capernaum he healed
the slave of a centurion. Did the centurion
come personally to request Jesus for this?
Yes (Matthew 8:5)
No. He sent some elders of the Jews and his
friends (Luke 7:3,6)
Adam was told that if and when he eats the
forbidden fruit he would die the same day
(Genesis 2:17)
Adam ate the fruit and went on to live to a
ripe old age of 930 years (Genesis 5:5)
God decided that the life-span of humans will
be limited to 120 years (Genesis 6:3)
Many people born after that lived longer than
120. Arpachshad lived 438 years. His son
Shelah lived 433 years. His son Eber lived 464
years, etc. (Genesis 11:12-16)
79. Apart from Jesus did anyone else ascend
to heaven?
No (John 3:13)
Yes. And Elijah went up by a whirlwind into
heaven (2 Kings 2:11)
80. Who was high priest when David went
into the house of God and ate the consecrated
bread?
Abiathar (Mark 2:26)
Ahimelech, the father of Abiathar (I Samuel
1:1; 22:20)
81. Was Jesus body wrapped in spices before
burial in accordance with Jewish burial
customs?
Yes and his female disciples witnessed his
burial (John 19:39-40)
No. Jesus was simply wrapped in a linen
shroud. Then the women bought and
prepared spices so that they may go and
anoint him [Jesus) (Mark 16: 1)
82. When did the women buy the spices?
After the Sabbath was past (Mark 16:1)
Before the Sabbath. The women prepared
spices and ointments. Then, on the Sabbath
they rested according to the commandment
(Luke 23:55 to 24:1)
83. At what time of day did the women visit
the tomb?
Toward the dawn (Matthew 28: 1)
When the sun had risen (Mark 16:2)
84. What was the purpose for which the
women went to the tomb?
To anoint Jesus body with spices (Mark 16: 1;
Luke 23:55 to 24: 1)
To see the tomb. Nothing about spices here
(Matthew 28: 1)
For no specified reason. In this gospel the
wrapping with spices had been done before
the Sabbath (John 20: 1)
85. A large stone was placed at the entrance
of the tomb. Where was the stone when the
women arrived?
They saw that the stone was Rolled back
(Mark 16:4) They found the stone rolled away
from the tomb (Luke 24:2) They saw that the
stone had been taken away from the tomb
(John 20:1)
As the women approached, an angel
descended from heaven, rolled away the
stone, and conversed with the women.
Matthew made the women witness the
spectacular rolling away of the stone
(Matthew 28:1-6)
86. Did anyone tell the women what happened
to Jesus body?
Yes. A young man in a white robe (Mark
16:5). Two men ... in dazzling apparel later
described as angels (Luke 24:4 and 24:23). An
angel - the one who rolled back the stone
(Matthew 16:2). In each case the women were
told that Jesus had risen from the dead
(Matthew 28:7; Mark 16:6; Luke 24:5
footnote)
No. Mary met no one and returned saying,
They have taken the Lord out of the tomb,
and we do not know where they have laid
him (John 20:2)
87. When did Mary Magdelene first meet the
resurrected Jesus? And how did she react?
Mary and the other women met Jesus on
their way back from their first and only visit
to the tomb. They took hold of his feet and
worshipped him (Matthew 28:9)
On her second visit to the tomb Mary met
Jesus just outside the tomb. When she saw
Jesus she did not recognize him. She mistook
him for the gardener. She still thinks that
Jesus body is laid to rest somewhere and she
demands to know where. But when Jesus said
her name she at once recognized him and
called him Teacher. Jesus said to her, Do not
hold me... (John 20:11 to 17)
88. What was Jesus instruction for his
disciples?
Tell my brethren to go to Galilee, and there
they will see me (Matthew 2 8: 10)
Go to my brethren and say to them, I am
ascending to my Father and your Father, to
my God and your God (John 20:17)
89. When did the disciples return to Galilee?
Immediately, because when they saw Jesus in
Galilee some doubted (Matthew 28:17). This
period of uncertainty should not persist
After at least 40 days. That evening the
disciples were still in Jerusalem (Luke 24:3 3).
Jesus appeared to them there and told them,
stay in the city until you are clothed with
power from on high (Luke 24:49). He was
appearing to them during forty days (Acts
1:3), and charged them not to depart from
Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise ... (Acts
1:4)
90. To whom did the Midianites sell Joseph?
To the Ishmaelites (Genesis 37:28)
To Potiphar, an officer of Pharaoh (Genesis
37:36)
91. Who brought Joseph to Egypt?
The Ishmaelites bought Joseph and then took
Joseph to Egypt (Genesis 37:28)
The Midianites had sold him in Egypt
(Genesis 37:36)
Joseph said to his brothers I am your brother,
Joseph, whom you sold into Egypt (Genesis
45:4)
92. Does God change his mind?
Yes. The word of the Lord came to Samuel: I
repent that I have made Saul King... (I
Samuel 15:10 to 11)
No. God will not lie or repent; for he is not a
man, that he should repent (I Samuel 15:29)
Yes. And the Lord repented that he had
made Saul King over Israel (I Samuel
15:35). Notice that the above three quotes
are all from the same chapter of the same
book! In addition, the Bible shows that
God repented on several other occasions:
i. The Lord was sorry that he made man
(Genesis 6:6)
I am sorry that I have made them
(Genesis 6:7)
ii. And the Lord repented of the evil
which he thought to do to his people
(Exodus 32:14).
iii. (Lots of other such references).
93. The Bible says that for each miracle Moses
and Aaron demonstrated the magicians did
the same by their secret arts. Then comes the
following feat:
Moses and Aaron converted all the available
water into blood (Exodus 7:20-21)
The magicians did the same (Exodus 7:22).
This is impossible, since there would have
been no water left to convert into blood.
94. Who killed Goliath?
David (I Samuel 17:23, 50)
Elhanan (2 Samuel 21:19)
95. Who killed Saul?
Saul took his own sword and fell upon it....
Thus Saul died... (I Samuel 31:4-6)
An Amalekite slew him (2 Samuel 1:1- 16)
96. Does every man sin?
Yes. There is no man who does not sin (I
Kings 8:46; see also 2 Chronicles 6:36;
Proverbs 20:9; Ecclesiastes 7:20; and I John
1:810)
No. True Christians cannot possibly sin,
because they are the children of God. Every
one who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a
child of God.. (I John 5:1). We should be
called children of God; and so we are (I John
3: 1). He who loves is born of God (I John
4:7). No one born of God commits sin; for
Gods nature abides in him, and he cannot sin
because he is born of God (I John 3:9). But,
then again, Yes! If we say we have no sin we
deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us (I
John 1:cool
97. Who will bear whose burden?
Bear one anothers burdens, and so fulfill the
law of Christ (Galatians 6:2)
Each man will have to bear his own load
(Galatians 6:5)
98. How many disciples did Jesus appear to
after his resurrection?
Twelve (I Corinthians 15:5)
Eleven (Matthew 27:3-5 and Acts 1:9-26, see
also Matthew 28:16; Mark 16:14 footnote;
Luke 24:9; Luke 24:3 3)
99. Where was Jesus three days after his
baptism?
After his baptism, the spirit immediately
drove him out into the wilderness. And he
was in the wilderness forty days ... (Mark
1:12-13)
Next day after the baptism, Jesus selected two
disciples. Second day: Jesus went to Galilee -
two more disciples. Third day: Jesus was at a
wedding feast in Cana in Galilee (see John
1:35; 1:43; 2:1-11)
100. Was baby Jesus life threatened in
Jerusalem?
Yes, so Joseph fled with him to Egypt and
stayed there until Herod died (Matthew 2:13
23)
No. The family fled nowhere. They calmly
presented the child at the Jerusalem temple
according to the Jewish customs and returned
to Galilee (Luke 2:21-40)
101. When Jesus walked on water how did the
disciples respond?
They worshipped him, saying, Truly you are
the Son of God (Matthew 14:33)
They were utterly astounded, for they did not
understand about the loaves, but their hearts
were hardened (Mark 6:51-52)
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Kei144(m): 1:59pm On Dec 27, 2015
Highcuerayte:
That is why i said Nigerians understanding of the world salvation is wrong.

Salvation simply put is getting you recreated to do more good than wrong. As you walk with Christ in Faith you begin to see the possibility of doing good always. Salvation is all about moral perfection.

Great!
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by mollie12: 2:01pm On Dec 27, 2015
OP, thank you so much for this piece. I pray it will indeed reach and be a source of encouragement to those who are feeling hopeless about the state of their Christian faith. As far as I can see, this message is as clear as can be: pay no mind to those referring to you as heretic or twisting your words - just keep clarifying in love as you have been doing. There are several of us that have become so puffed up in religious pride or so dumbed down through spiritual abuse, that will rail against this message, but the facts do not change. Another thing that must be mentioned is the need for dependence on Christ to bring us to perfection - this is an area several of us are not doing well in. I believe strongly in my spirit that Christ is willing to grant many of us total and complete deliverance from besetting sins, if we only would yield to Him and allow Him to be glorified in us. And this is a charge for us Christians - we must keep holding on in faith, no matter what our circumstances look like. Christ said "Nevertheless, when the Son of Man cometh, will he find faith on the earth?" (Luke 18:8 ). God help us all.
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by darlenese(f): 2:02pm On Dec 27, 2015
Shall we continue in sin so that grace may abound ?

GOD FORBID!
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by FuckTheMod: 2:03pm On Dec 27, 2015
vislabraye:

So in other words, Jesus sinned ? Hmmm
You should answer the question yourself

The fact remains that Jesus is only human....
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by JusticeSeeker: 2:04pm On Dec 27, 2015
kepstone:
Sir, I am a Pastor, and what you wrote or posted is heyressy. I will not and never teach this nonsense to my church. U are not spiritually matured yet bro or whoever u are. U have not understand bthe concept of SIN. Time will not permit me to elucidate more on this, cos I see u don't know homiletics ( law of scripture interpretation). Please just ask God to to forgive u for this s trash you posted, cos this is not the HolySpirit speaking through you. 2tim2:19-22, 1thesss4:3-4, Gal 5:19-21. There are many scriptures that talks about purity, Holiness and much more. Please don't derail people with this. God did not save you to keep you in sin, and for you to keep on wallowing in sin. If a pig falls into the mud it wallows, but if a sheep falls into a mud it cries out for help because its not in the nature of the sheep to wallow in d mud. No matter how you sin and how you fall, or make mistake, never endorse sin, cos sin is not the nature of a believer. But when a beliver consciously sin.... Does he think grace will abound. If many will run with this as believers they will end up in HELL FIRE. So please correct yourself and go and study your bible well before you come out to the public to tell people about the bible you did not authored.
You're are the one preaching heresy here. the Brother spoke the mind of God and you're here blabbing nonsense. at the peak of your holiness/righteousness, it's possible to miss heaven because many at that point believe they are the author and finisher of that kind of righteousness.

1 Like

Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by otiigba1(m): 2:05pm On Dec 27, 2015
If you people believe that hell exists, abeg tell me what is it like in hell? Who has ever been there to know or testify to what hell looks like? Or were it is? I mean, which part of the world? Africa, india, europe or America? Or is hell another way of brainwashing and dumbing people down via religion? If the bible says we were all born in sin, why do some so called christians believe they are righteous and will go to heaven? Were is heaven located? Has any one ever been to heaven? Or is another way of so called pastors/preachers confusing people? Are these pastors even sure they will go to heaven? What is the different between a pastor and an ordinary man? Why do people believe pastors when they claim they pastors without prove? should pastoring be a proffesion? Can a pastor not have a job and be a pastor at the same time? Is pastoring suppossed to be about making money? Is pastoring not about saving souls? If pastors claim they ve being ordained by God should they be able prove that? Hence no one was there to witness it.
Just asking o!, Because i am confused on what to believe. angry
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by ebeneade(m): 2:07pm On Dec 27, 2015
Ohamzee:
Yeah. u must be 100% righteous. The bible says that no sinner (not the worst sinner) shall enter into the kingdom of God.

Believing in Jesus who died for ur sins makes u righteous, it is not bout what u do or what u don't do but it is all about what Jesus did on the cross, a believer is 100% righteous, it all depends on the percentage of ur consciousness of this fact
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by otiigba1(m): 2:11pm On Dec 27, 2015
ebeneade:

Believing in Jesus who died for ur sins makes u righteous, it is not bout what u do or what u don't do but it is all about what Jesus did on the cross, a believer is 100% righteous, it all depends on the percentage of ur consciousness of this fact
in other words just believe, do not worry about your behaviour right? Go out and commit murder! As long as you belive in jesus, you are okay! Just wondering o!
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Slimshady11: 2:15pm On Dec 27, 2015
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Kei144(m): 2:15pm On Dec 27, 2015
otiigba1:
in other words just believe, do not worry about your behaviour right? Go out and commit murder! As long as you belive in jesus, you are okay! Just wondering o!

That's why many born agains today are disgrace to Jesus.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? / Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church / My Greatest Sexual Temptation As A Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.