Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,820 members, 7,817,394 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. (39807 Views)

President Trump Talking About Salvation Through Jesus Christ! / Why Are There So Many Churches In Nigeria? / How Many Pastors, Prophet,or Bishop's Preach About Salvation To Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Kei144(m): 12:27pm On Dec 27, 2015
Toks2008:

Please can you just correct us at least to save the souls of those people im working so hard to deceive?

You can get all the correction you need here: https://www.nairaland.com/2821450/conquer-sin
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Shedboy(m): 12:32pm On Dec 27, 2015
IF WE STILL STRUGGLE WITH SIN AFTER WE CLAIMED TO HAVE GIVEN OUR LIVES TO JESUS....DEN WAT IS D ESSENCE OF CHRIST DEATH ON THE.CROSS...IS.D.DEATH NOT MEANT TO REDEEM US FROM SIN SATAN AND SICKNESS...IS IT NT MEANT TO PREVENT US FROM DYIN SPIRITUALLY. MY LAST CONTRIBUTION TO D ABOVE QUOTE IS DAT....IT IS VERY POSSIBLE TO LIVE ABOVE SIN....IT DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH YOU HEED TO THE LEADING OF THE SPIRIT OF GOD. GALATIANS 2 VS 20-21 EXPLAINS IT BETTER. VS 21 TELLS US THAT IF RIGHTEOUSNESS COMES BY THE LAW...DAT IS BY U OBEYIN RULES AND REGULATIONS RATHER DAN D WORD OF GOD...DEN CHRIST DIED IN VAIN. 1JOHN 5 VS 18 GOES AGAINST SOME OF UR POINTS....DEN 1JOHN 3 VS 9 IS TELLING US D ONLY WAY TO STAY ABOVE SIN IS TO ALLOW CHRIST LIVE HIS LIFE THRU US.. IT ALL COMES DOWN TO SINCERE CONFESSION AND PRACTICAL REPENTANCE TO GOD...KNWIN D BIBLE WNT HELP U...PRACTICING WAT D BIBLE SAYS WILL. GOD BLESS YOU AND A HAPPY SUNDAY TO YOU
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 27, 2015
Toks2008:
The grace of GOD is not for us to enjoy sin and continuously ask for forgiveness but its for us to live above the power of sins in our lives.

Hope this helps

I always wonder how God would judge us here in nigeria that their is some sin that is Nigerianic once you are living in nigeria.

1. If you have every bought any movie gospel,secular etc compilation (N100-N200); you have encouraged piracy (sin). Original Video CD is N500 upward(not alaba marketed ones)

2. If you or your church still spray money during wedding you/your church just sinned(still commuting sin), because it is an offence to spray by the law of Nigeria, so you have disobeyed a policy that helps in protecting our currency(nation)

Let me stop here first...

NO: unknowingly you can sin (ignorance is not an excuse in the spirit realm, just pray the devil-accuser don't use it against you or Jesus(our mediator) just covers/overlooks the accusation.

Moses/Joshua...
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Isaacmacdon(m): 12:36pm On Dec 27, 2015
Tokks2008 what an amazing piece u wrote here! I just feel joyful nd happy... Pple av bn mislead really.. D bible said it all.. In relation 2 d list u complied touching on those great humans who had some challenges one way or d oda, look at david,moses,samson,etc. At times as believers we nid freshen ups! David was an ardent follower nd believer buh at a point in time in hz lyf he sinned(which z as a result of d human nature) by commiting adultery nd murder,these are huge crimes buh what did he do he cried,beggd for forgiveness,fastd,wore sack-clothes nd at d end he didnt stop becoming d man after GOD'S HEART! Isnt dat amazing? Look at samson, oh i cud go on nd on and on... Thats why d bible z there! Some pple r pastors y odas r teachers of d word, u cant become both unless permittd by GOD ND D HOLY SPIRIT.
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by compujyde: 12:36pm On Dec 27, 2015
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Toks2008(m): 12:37pm On Dec 27, 2015
Kei144:

A lot of people will miss the kingdom of God because of this kind of fake gospel.

Mt. 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in [Or into] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
Mt. 28:20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Mt. 5:19 Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practises and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Bravo and i agre with this 500% so can i ask just this one question pastor?

Since you gave your life to Christ(Assumption) Have you never ever committed just one act of sin?

1 Like

Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 27, 2015
Babprosper20:

sister read the conclusion again

Make I point am for them because it's easy to read than to comprehend(understand what you have read)

CONCLUSION: The grace of GOD is not for us to enjoy sinning and continuously ask for forgiveness but its for us to live above the power of sins in our lives.
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Highcuerayte: 12:39pm On Dec 27, 2015
As far as the Scripture is concerned and the word of Christ remain true, every "Christain" (in quote) will make it to heaven. All, i repeat all.
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Toks2008(m): 12:43pm On Dec 27, 2015
Kei144:

You can get all the correction you need here: https://www.nairaland.com/2821450/conquer-sin

Please lets save each other the rhetorics..can you please answer these questions..

1.Have you ever sinned since you gave your life to Christ giving your status as a pastor?

2.Are you so certain that in the future you will never commit any sin?

Please i need a simple YES or NO..no long epistle.
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Isaacmacdon(m): 12:43pm On Dec 27, 2015
Toks2008:

Since you gave your life to Christ(Assumption) Have you never ever committed just one act of sin?
Straightforward question. Seriously i feel elated seeing a believer who z indeed enlightened by d power f d holy spirit.. Most christians nd believers neglect hz power.. He's d greatest comforter nd teacher.. His teaching r al genuine nd pure cos he's not a human but d holy ghost!
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Highcuerayte: 12:45pm On Dec 27, 2015
Toks2008:

Brother, it amaze me you have time to reply these blind guides. Anyone born of the Spirit understand all you have put up there. You can't do anything to help their understanding, they have received already another gospel, faith and Christ.

For Truly, truly, said Christ, of all the Father give to me I shall lose none of them. Christ assured heaven to all that believes in him. None shall be condemned.
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Highcuerayte: 12:51pm On Dec 27, 2015
Isaacmacdon:
Straightforward question. Seriously i feel elated seeing a believer who z indeed enlightened by d power f d holy spirit.. Most christians nd believers neglect hz power.. He's d greatest comforter nd teacher.. His teaching r al genuine nd pure cos he's not a human but d holy ghost!
If there is someone missing in 99% of the churches, most importantly Nigerians churches, it is the Holy Spirit. Erroneous and erractic teachings of men limited in knowlegde of Truth has led most if not all of them into Fables instead of Truth. Their readiness to believe everything said in the name of God has completely gave them away
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Toks2008(m): 12:52pm On Dec 27, 2015
Highcuerayte:
As far as the Scripture is concerned and the word of Christ remain true, every "Christain" (in quote) will make it to heaven. All, i repeat all.

Infact before i wrote this..the Holy spirit asked me that "Do i know that no one who ever received Jesus as lord and Saviour has any business with HELL"?

I answered "HOW"?

And this write up came pouring into my spirit and GOD made me understand that many believers in christ leave out the Holy spirit and that by their own power they can never live a righteous life but if they can only allow the holy spirit to take over,ther is no sin that will be too powerful to keep them in bondage.

If you see any believer committing any form of sin with impunity then that believer does not have the holy spirit working in him.Sins wil be repulsive to you if the holy spirit takes over..

Infact do you know that i force myself to sin? funny but true because the holy spirit has taken over me completely that even when i want to do some certain things that are sinful,i practically fight to yield rather than fighting not to.

The death of christ is too powerful,too precious and too awesome to just allow a believer end up in hell...every believer who ends up in hell brought that upon him or herself.

I repeat,if you are a believer reading this and you have wondered away..it is time to come back to Jesus oh My Jesus will nevr ever forsake you and if you have any sinful act you are struggling with please stop struggling,cal on the holy spirit and he will blot out that sinful act that you will not believe how repulsive it will be to you...PLEASE TRY THE HOLY SPIRIT AND SEE HOW POWERFUL HE IS.
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by zubycharles(m): 12:52pm On Dec 27, 2015
Shalomdee:
Inasmuch as you sound innocent there is something gravely wrong with that conclusion. You cannot keep sinning simply because you can repent. What if you die before repenting. Besides Paul said we shoudnt continue to sin because grace abounds. Sinning willfully consistently can harden your conscience and as such you may go to hell.

The bottom line is this, try all your best to live holy, ask God for grace but if you fall, don't hesitate to repent and keep living holy.
mumu read d conclusion with undastanding
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Kei144(m): 12:56pm On Dec 27, 2015
Toks2008:

After I gave my life to Christ, I could not completely rise above sin. My obedience to God's commandments continued to improve, but some sins in my life stubbornly remained. But I knew that I am supposed to be sinless. Over the years, I searched the Bible for the key to being sinless. Very recently, I found it.

The Experience of Apostle Paul

Ro. 7:21 So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me.
Ro. 7:22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law;
Ro. 7:23 but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members.
Ro. 7:24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?
Ro. 7:25 Thanks be to God — through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.
Ro. 8:1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, [Some later manuscripts Jesus, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit,]
Ro. 8:2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.
Ro. 8:3 For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in sinful man,
Ro. 8:4 in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit.

Paul did not believe in Jesus, until he had a great encounter with him on his way to Damascus. In that encounter, Paul accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior. He was led to Damascus a blind man; there he was baptized into Jesus Christ and also received the Holy Spirit. Even though he had given his life completely to Jesus Christ, he was being greatly harassed by sin. He called himself a wretched man because he knew that there could be no spiritual progress as long as sin reigned in him. He had a strong desire for salvation from sin. He asked, “Who will rescue me from this body of death?”

Mt. 5:6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.

Paul hungered and thirsted for righteousness, so God revealed to him the secret of righteousness. The secret is that the righteous requirements of the law can be fully met only in those who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit. Through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life sets these people free from the law of sin and death.

Paul began to live according to this secret principle of righteousness and saw his life free from sin, without exerting much will power. He found it so easy to stay unmarried, without being disturbed by sensual lust.

https://www.nairaland.com/2821450/conquer-sin#41307201

The reason why I have posted a strong objection to your OP is because we are close to the rapture. Only those who are filled with all the fullness of God at the time of the rapture will follow in the rapture. Being filled with the fullness of the Spirit is a progressive thing. One cannot make much spiritual progress if s/he is not free from sin.
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Toks2008(m): 1:00pm On Dec 27, 2015
Kei144:

[size=12pt]After I gave my life to Christ, I could not completely rise above sin. My obedience to God's commandments continued to improve, but some sins in my life stubbornly remained. But I knew that I am supposed to be sinless. Over the years, I searched the Bible for the key to being sinless. Very recently, I found it.

I am glad you wrote this so my question is answered..

So please tell me why you accused me of heresy? Can you see that people like you are those responsible for sending millions of souls to hell?
Tell me one difference my write up has to what you wrote?

Let me stop here.
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Isaacmacdon(m): 1:01pm On Dec 27, 2015
Highcuerayte:
If there is someone missing in 99% of the churches, most importantly Nigerians churches, it is the Holy Spirit. Erroneous and erractic teachings of men limited in knowlegde of Truth has led most if not all of them into Fables instead of Truth. Their readiness to believe everything said in the name of God has completely gave them away
indeed! Only christ cn save us! D bible has helpd nd indeed groomd alot of pple.. Mst christians r church goers nd nt real practicing believers. D bible nd d holy ghost z d greatest combination of al times. Some christians dont indulge in real spiritual exercises like quiet times,fastings,midnight prayers,etc which z indeed d mst effective nd consistent.
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Kei144(m): 1:02pm On Dec 27, 2015
Toks2008:

Infact before i wrote this..the Holy spirit asked me that "Do i know that no one who ever received Jesus as lord and Saviour has any business with HELL"?

I answered "HOW"?

And this write up came pouring into my spirit and GOD made me understand that many believers in christ leave out the Holy spirit and that by their own power they can never live a righteous life but if they can only allow the holy spirit to take over,ther is no sin that will be too powerful to keep them in bondage.

If you see any believer committing any form of sin with impunity then that believer does not have the holy spirit working in him.Sins wil be repulsive to you if the holy spirit takes over..

Infact do you know that i force myself to sin? funny but true because the holy spirit has taken over me completely that even when i want to do some certain things that are sinful,i practically fight to yield rather than fighting not to.

The death of christ is too powerful,too precious and too awesome to just allow a believer end up in hell...every believer who ends up in hell brought that upon him or herself.

I repeat,if you are a believer reading this and you have wondered away..it is time to come back to Jesus oh My Jesus will nevr ever forsake you and if you have any sinful act you are struggling with please stop struggling,cal on the holy spirit and he will blot out that sinful act that you will not believe how repulsive it will be to you...PLEASE TRY THE HOLY SPIRIT AND SEE HOW POWERFUL HE IS.

This your post is good.
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by sample042(m): 1:02pm On Dec 27, 2015
Confused set of folks..
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Warldbest(m): 1:04pm On Dec 27, 2015
Toks2008:

Please can you just correct us at least to save the souls of those people im working so hard to deceive?
U jst encourage sins
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Highcuerayte: 1:06pm On Dec 27, 2015
Toks2008:

I answered "HOW"?

The problem i see is, Nigerians have plethora of Pastors but Teachers of the bible are few. What beats me my brother is their hardness of heart. Christainity without Christ. Religion without the Holy Spirit.

I see them attack you from different angles with scriptures their understanding of is epileptic. The precedents of which they have been brought up in: bible instead of Spirit.

Only if God will multiplies teachers of the Bible like us who can teach these people to be Spiritual persons instead of Religious persons.

So many things are wrong in Nigerians understanding of Faith, Salvation and Grace

1 Like

Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Kei144(m): 1:12pm On Dec 27, 2015
Toks2008:

Please lets save each other the rhetorics..can you please answer these questions..

1.Have you ever sinned since you gave your life to Christ giving your status as a pastor?

2.Are you so certain that in the future you will never commit any sin?

Please i need a simple YES or NO..no long epistle.

He. 10:26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,
He. 10:27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.

Now that I have come to know very clearly the secret of holiness, sinning again in the future means that I have deliberately chosen Satan over God. I will never choose Satan over God.
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Highcuerayte: 1:12pm On Dec 27, 2015
Warldbest:

U jst encourage sins
If Christ was here he would say what the OP has said.

Those words he wrote are for Spiritual persons not Religious persons. No Spiritual person will have difficulty understanding any word there since they are inspired by the Holy Spirit. I admonish you to shed your religious skin

2 Likes

Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Highcuerayte: 1:17pm On Dec 27, 2015
Kei144:

He. 10:26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,
He. 10:27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.

Now that I have come to know very clearly the secret of holiness, sinning again in the future means that I have deliberately chosen Satan over God. I will never choose Satan over God.
Lol..... Bro you are both saying the same thing. I don't see why you have difficulty seeing the agreement between both.

Do you know God standard for you is to be unconscious of sin as a son? Spend your life not thinking of how to avoid sin? This can only be done by listening to the direct voice of God that guides you everyday and not the listless list of "thou shall not"

1 Like

Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by FuckTheMod: 1:18pm On Dec 27, 2015
Toks2008:
What you are about to read will change your life forever.

After reading this, you will be filled with indescribable peace that surpasses all human understanding because you will know for sure that you no longer have business with hell but guaranteed a place in paradise.

Some may call it heresy but that is exactly what the devil wants you to believe it is whereas it is the greatest truth GOD wants the world to know and the devil never ever wants the world to know. This is why 99% of pastors will never preach it but would rather preach the need to live a sinless life and in-fact will give us a picture of perfection in acts and thoughts as the only criteria to making heaven.

Read on:

1. Do you know that in the past before Jesus came to pay the permanent price,the Israelis which were a symbolic representation of GOD's people were commanded by GOD to make animal sacrifice for atonement of their sins?

This means whenever they fall into sins or commit sinful acts,once they sacrifice the animal, all these sins are automatically wiped off by GOD.Yes there is a sacrifice for the atonement of all sins and that's done on the Day of Atonement by the High Priest. Interestingly enough, it is a goat and not a lamb that takes the sin of all Israel out of the borders of Israel.(Leviticus 16)

2.The crucifixion of Christ on the wooden cross is a one time symbolic representation of the Animal sin offering on the wooden platform of old meaning it has taken away the sins of yesterday,today and tomorrow once and for all:

Unlike the repeated sacrifices made in the past for the cleansing of sins each year or anytime they sin,the death and resurrection of Christ has cleansed us from the sins of the past,present and that of the future.

Because the blood of bulls and rams can not take away the sins of the world.GOD sent a human lamb to take away the sins of the world.This means as long as you have accepted Christ as lord and Saviour,if you fall into sin,all you ned is to go on your kneels and ask for forgiveness Which can be likened to making animal offering to atone for any sin you commit.(Hebrews 10:4)

3. No matter how hard you try, As human beings, it is impossible to be sinless and GOD knows this.

My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.(1 John 2:1)

4.Many people in hell fire today have no business been there but because they gave up their salvation making conclusions that they are no good for GOD's kingdom.

Giving your life to Christ and living a righteous life sometimes do not come automatically.It takes the work of the Holy spirit to perfect your salvation whereas accepting Jesus as lord as Saviour is a decision.

When i was young i usually get mocked when i do somethings that are not expected of a "Born again" Christian and i would have easily given up way back. This is the case of many people burning in hell today..they voluntarily gave up their salvation because they found themselves doing those things they use to do before they accepted Christ but if only they knew that all they need to do is to fight on and ask the holy spirit to perfect their salvation,they would have been made a better believer by the help of the holy spirit.

The bible says its not by power or by might but by my spirit says the lord.(Zechariah 4:6)

5. Most of the Bible heroes were not righteous by human standard.

[s] The Bible does not attempt to conceal the foibles of the great people that adorn its pages. Abraham, Isaac, Moses, David, etc., were normal human beings. They sinned like all other offspring of Adam who have matured to a level of personal accountability (Romans 3:10, 23). Jesus Christ was the only exception (Hebrews 4:15; 1 Peter 2:22). [/s]

6. Anytime you sin,simply go on your kneels and ask GOD to forgive you in the name of JESUS(A symbol of animal sacrifice Israelis make each time they sin against GOD and you will be automatically forgiven)

This is so interesting yet very mysterious for many people to comprehend that the grace of Christ covers any sin we commit and we can always ask for forgiveness whenever we sin and the sins will be forgiven.

"Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God" (Romans 5)

7.GOD never condemns you except you condemn yourself.

Stop condemning yourself friend, 99.9% of believers will battle with one sinful habit or the other till they die.Its about trusting Jesus to forgive them each time they fall into this sinful act but the first step is to accept him as your lord and savior then ask the holy spirit to help you overcome these sinful habits and try your best to allow him.

8.A true believer does not enjoy sinful acts neither plans for it or looks forward to sinning.

Paul asks "What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase?Absolutely not ! How can we who died to sin still live in it?Or are you unaware that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?Therefore we were buried with Him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, so we too may walk in a new way of life.(Romans 6:1-4)

He also said “if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins”(Hebrews 10:26)

CONCLUSION: The grace of GOD is not for us to enjoy sinning and continuously ask for forgiveness but its for us to live above the power of sins in our lives.

But if everyone alive today gives their lives to Jesus and hold on to their salvation no matter how hard they struggle with sins. Heaven will be a home for all.

Hope this helps
Liar

Who told you he didn't sin

1) oh lord, why have thou forsaken me > He lost hope in God (on the cross according to your bible)

2) He came to the church and was "angered" by people trading in the house of the lord and then, he "kicked" and "scattered" their goods.

In conclusion,

All humans are sinners, JESUS CHRIST WAS ALSO A HUMAN.
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Isaacmacdon(m): 1:19pm On Dec 27, 2015
FuckTheMod:

Liar

1) oh lord, why have though forsaken me > He lost hope in God

2) He came to the church and was "angered" by people trading in the house of the lord and then, he "kicked" and "scattered" their goods.

In conclusion,

1 Like

Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Kei144(m): 1:22pm On Dec 27, 2015
Highcuerayte:
The problem i see is, Nigerians have plethora of Pastors but Teachers of the bible are few. What beats me my brother is their hardness of heart. Christainity without Christ. Religion without the Holy Spirit.

I see them attack you from different angles with scriptures their understanding of is epileptic. The precedents of which they have been brought up in: bible instead of Spirit.

Only if God will multiplies teachers of the Bible like us who can teach these people to be Spiritual persons instead of Religious persons.

So many things are wrong in Nigerians understanding of Faith, Salvation and Grace

You obviously are not a great teacher of the Bible. Even the OP is not a great teacher. He posted some points that look very much like the new gospels being preached in numerous churches today. It was only when seriously challenged that he began to clarify his stance.

By the way, it is one thing to say that it takes the Holy Spirit to be holy, which is being said by everyone any way, and another thing to go into the practicalities. So many people in this country talk about giving their lives to Christ and about the Holy Spirit, yet you cannot rely on many of them over simple matters.
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Isaacmacdon(m): 1:24pm On Dec 27, 2015
FuckTheMod:

Liar

1) oh lord, why have though forsaken me > He lost hope in God

In conclusion,

u r indeed asleep nd nids 2 wake up. Jesus was a human as u said buh let me remind u dat Jesus is GOD.. Nd for d fact dat he is a GOD he has al d knowledge nd power to withstand d human nature.. B4 abraham,Jesus was..
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by Highcuerayte: 1:25pm On Dec 27, 2015
Kei144:

. Only those who are filled with all the fullness of God at the time of the rapture will follow in the rapture. Being filled with the fullness of the Spirit is a progressive thing. One cannot make much spiritual progress if s/he is not free from sin.[/size]

For clarity purpose, all "Christains"(by christains i mean followers of Christ and not follower of Christainity) are freed from sin at salvation. For sins will no longer have dominion over you.

I don't know about you, but i know of every Christains, they live above sin.

May i say you shed light on this statement " Only those who are filled with all the fullness of God at the time of the rapture will follow in the rapture."

2 Likes

Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by saintgh: 1:28pm On Dec 27, 2015
Toks2008
I am glad you wrote this so my question is answered..
So please tell me why you accused me of heresy? Can you see that people like you are those responsible for sending millions of souls to hell?
Tell me one difference my write up has to what you wrote?
Let me stop here.[/quote]

all i can say is that you re really 'confused' search your scripture with an open mind and see d posibilities you have in christ wen u re saved. u just said wat u feel pple want to hear nt really wat d bible preaches. all dose great men u mentioned in yur write up dat u said sinned,, were punished by God subsequently; from Abraham t o david and so on..& 2dy if we 1 sin dere might nt be instant judgement because we re in d tym of grace & wen we sin God is patient with us hoping we cm back but if 1 dies in such state its hell straight..there 's nting lik forever saved..
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by BreezyRita(f): 1:29pm On Dec 27, 2015
Toks2008, God bless you my brother for this.
I get your drift. Some people have seen themselves as being do unworthy of God's mercy that they just give up. They believe they've erred too much and can't be forgiven.
Surprisingly, this is what some churches teach. They run you down with words from the Bible. Tell you how much of a sinner you are; judge you and just make you lose hope.
I've been in situations when I find myself doing something I know I shouldn't be doing as a Christian. Now, on many occasions these actions were not premeditated. They just happened.
What am to do? Give up and continue doing them or sincerely ask for help from my Father?? The latter of course.

Even well- known men of God struggle with sin. When sin is mentioned, all that comes to mind is fornication, adultery, murder, theft and all. Have we thought about spiritual sins? Believe me, God is quicker to judge those than physical ones. Unbelief? Anxiety? A lot of em.

Finally, His ways are never our ways Isaiah 55:8-9.
1Corinthians 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

Be blessed!
Re: 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. by vislabraye(m): 1:33pm On Dec 27, 2015
kepstone:
Sir, I am a Pastor, and what you wrote or posted is heyressy. I will not and never teach this nonsense to my church. U are not spiritually matured yet bro or whoever u are. U have not understand bthe concept of SIN. Time will not permit me to elucidate more on this, cos I see u don't know homiletics ( law of scripture interpretation). Please just ask God to to forgive u for this s trash you posted, cos this is not the HolySpirit speaking through you. 2tim2:19-22, 1thesss4:3-4, Gal 5:19-21. There are many scriptures that talks about purity, Holiness and much more. Please don't derail people with this. God did not save you to keep you in sin, and for you to keep on wallowing in sin. If a pig falls into the mud it wallows, but if a sheep falls into a mud it cries out for help because its not in the nature of the sheep to wallow in d mud. No matter how you sin and how you fall, or make mistake, never endorse sin, cos sin is not the nature of a believer. But when a beliver consciously sin.... Does he think grace will abound. If many will run with this as believers they will end up in HELL FIRE. So please correct yourself and go and study your bible well before you come out to the public to tell people about the bible you did not authored.

I don't see anything wrong with what the op said. It's possible that people will interpret it the wrong way. What I see as holiness is accepting the sacrifice of Jesus, then you are made holy automatically. We are holy by our new birth in Christ which is by God's grace and not by works.

But we have a responsibility. Our responsibility is to live right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? / Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church / My Greatest Sexual Temptation As A Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.