Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,470 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Are There No Trustworthy Pastors Anymore? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are There No Trustworthy Pastors Anymore? (1165 Views)

Poverty In Nigeria Vs Richest Pastors In Nigeria - By Alawode-James Jumoke / "I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts / What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There No Trustworthy Pastors Anymore? by upperman: 5:11pm On Aug 16, 2015
A pastor friend of mine told me something dat got my head spinning.He said the general overseer of his church had called for a meeting with all branch pastors. As always, a lot was discussed.What really steered the tide was when the Bishop decided to test the sagasity of his pastors by asking them what their thoughts were regarding the report he got about a pastor who was alleged to have committed sodomy with a ten year old.some of them suggested he should be arrested by the police while others opined that a deliverance session be conducted for him and thereafter he be suspended or even expelled from the ministry.
After all the religious imbroglio at the meeting, the Bishop asked a simple question."We are all in the presence of the Lord and you dare not lie to Him,please raise your hand if you have not slept with another woman s[/color][color=#006600]ince the day you were ordained as a pastor in this ministry".Much to my friend's bewilderment only one man of all the thirty something pastors was bold enough to raise his hand.To cut a long story, the Bishop,after tongue-lashing the pastors for being so hypocritical told them he would investigate and afterwards take a decision.
Fellow NLders,from what we seen so far,is it true according to one evangelist,that Jesus has not returned to earth because there are no righteous people to take back to heaven?
Re: Are There No Trustworthy Pastors Anymore? by Collinsemegreat(m): 5:18pm On Aug 16, 2015
Romans 4:5...FTC
Re: Are There No Trustworthy Pastors Anymore? by therealdeal10: 5:29pm On Aug 16, 2015
There is
It's jst dat d bad ones r now more dan d gud ones
Re: Are There No Trustworthy Pastors Anymore? by pharmagba: 5:34pm On Aug 16, 2015
The bitter truth is they are very few.
Pastors are into lots of atrocities ( please God forgive me for saying this)
We need a revival like that which happened in the early church to Ananais and Saphira. Tell a lie or commit a sin and fall down dead instantly.
Re: Are There No Trustworthy Pastors Anymore? by Hiswordxray(m): 7:03pm On Aug 16, 2015
The problem is the Church doesn't know the truth. She doesn't know the way out of sin and that is why many of her leaders are trapped in sin. We need the Truth.

1 Like

Re: Are There No Trustworthy Pastors Anymore? by Heavenly102: 7:05pm On Aug 16, 2015
pharmagba:
Tell a lie or commit a sin and fall down dead instantly.

every1 would be dead by now
Re: Are There No Trustworthy Pastors Anymore? by ByfireByfire: 7:50pm On Aug 16, 2015
upperman:
A pastor friend of mine told me something dat got my head spinning.He said the general overseer of his church had called for a meeting with all branch pastors. As always, a lot was discussed.What really steered the tide was when the Bishop decided to test the sagasity of his pastors by asking them what their thoughts were regarding the report he got about a pastor who was alleged to have committed sodomy with a ten year old.some of them suggested he should be arrested by the police while others opined that a deliverance session be conducted for him and thereafter he be suspended or even expelled from the ministry.
After all the religious imbroglio at the meeting, the Bishop asked a simple question."We are all in the presence of the Lord and you dare not lie to Him,please raise your hand if you have not slept with another woman s[/color][color=#006600]ince the day you were ordained as a pastor in this ministry".Much to my friend's bewilderment only one man of all the thirty something pastors was bold enough to raise his hand.To cut a long story, the Bishop,after tongue-lashing the pastors for being so hypocritical told them he would investigate and afterwards take a decision.
Fellow NLders,from what we seen so far,is it true according to one evangelist,that Jesus has not returned to earth because there are no righteous people to take back to heaven?

Op, Sincerely the problem is not with pastors as a whole rather the problem is with the gospel of this very church in question.

Pastors of churches that preach loose and liberal gospels are generally wayward & sinful while pastors of churches that are thorough righteousness preachers are more disciplined.

How can you expect a church that preaches eternal security "once saved, forever saved" gospel to produce righteous pastors and members?

Their gospel gives them authorisation to sin since they believe God has already forgiven them for all sins they can ever commit.
Re: Are There No Trustworthy Pastors Anymore? by pharmagba: 9:59pm On Aug 16, 2015
Heavenly102:

every1 would be dead by now
But something is got to bring fear to all that call on the name of the God. We can't continue to desecrate God alter and temple and walk as if God cannot see.
Re: Are There No Trustworthy Pastors Anymore? by Hiswordxray(m): 8:49am On Aug 17, 2015
pharmagba:

But something is got to bring fear to all that call on the name of the God. We can't continue to desecrate God alter and temple and walk as if God cannot see.
When God was in the temple of the Israelite, nobody dear enter the holy place or defy the temple. But when the people were sinful and God left the temple the Ark was stolen, the temple was not just defy but destroyed.

When the Church learn to allow God to remain in His temple then nobody would just come in and mess up.
Re: Are There No Trustworthy Pastors Anymore? by Vanderandrew(m): 8:53am On Aug 17, 2015
There are trustworth pastors but most of them are not popular
Re: Are There No Trustworthy Pastors Anymore? by pharmagba: 3:51pm On Aug 17, 2015
Hiswordxray:

When God was in the temple of the Israelite, nobody dear enter the holy place or defy the temple. But when the people were sinful and God left the temple the Ark was stolen, the temple was not just defy but destroyed.

When the Church learn to allow God to remain in His temple then nobody would just come in and mess up.
During those times, the Isrealities were taken to exile and after sometimes when they cry out and repent they will be forgiven.
Now there are no babylonian soldiers to deal with us. My worry is what will bring we christian in Nigeria back to our knees before God in heart and soul or is it till the day of rapture?
Re: Are There No Trustworthy Pastors Anymore? by CaptainJune: 4:29pm On Aug 17, 2015
ByfireByfire:

Op, Sincerely the problem is not with pastors as a whole rather the problem is with the gospel of this very church in question.

Pastors of churches that preach loose and liberal gospels are generally wayward & sinful while pastors of churches that are thorough righteousness preachers are more disciplined.

How can you expect a church that preaches eternal security "once saved, forever saved" gospel to produce righteous pastors and members?

Their gospel gives them authorisation to sin since they believe God has already forgiven them for all sins they can ever commit.

Good point. Nevertheless, there are pastors without this doctrine who still consume the sheep whenever they are hungry to satisfy their belly. The root of this is selfishness. The destruction caused by selfishness is inestimable and far greater than the destruction caused by the combination of any known deadly plague and fatal diseases the human race has ever suffered.

Selfishness lies in the heart of the untrustworthy nature of many shepherds of God.

The truth is that God has so many shepherds like king David of the Bible, shepherds after His own heart, shepherds who will risk their lives to save the sheep they have been entrusted with. They are numerous but not popular or well known in the world.
Re: Are There No Trustworthy Pastors Anymore? by Hiswordxray(m): 4:45pm On Aug 17, 2015
pharmagba:

During those times, the Isrealities were taken to exile and after sometimes when they cry out and repent they will be forgiven.
Now there are no babylonian soldiers to deal with us. My worry is what will bring we christian in Nigeria back to our knees before God in heart and soul or is it till the day of rapture?
We are already in exile, we have been held captive in Babylon but many are not aware, they thought Babylon had always been their home and captivity had become their lifestyle, they believe it is normal for them to be slaves.

But those who eyes are open have seen that this is not our home, slavery and captivity is not our potion. Some had stood as prophet and cry out that God's people should return back to Jerusalem but not everybody have heard their voice. Even many of those who have heard their voice are comfortable with Babylon, they do not want to leave.

I have heard the voice of the prophet, I have been shown the pictures of Jerusalem and it is far beautiful than we could imagine. But my problem is that I don't have the map. I have lunched out into the desert searching for home without a map. But I know I would find it with God's help and I would come back and bring those who are ready back to Jerusalem and the temple of our God shall be rebuilt, God's presence shall be manifested among His people again.
Re: Are There No Trustworthy Pastors Anymore? by pharmagba: 9:22pm On Aug 17, 2015
Hiswordxray:

We are already in exile, we have been held captive in Babylon but many are not aware, they thought Babylon had always been their home and captivity had become their lifestyle, they believe it is normal for them to be slaves.

But those who eyes are open have seen that this is not our home, slavery and captivity is not our potion. Some had stood as prophet and cry out that God's people should return back to Jerusalem but not everybody have heard their voice. Even many of those who have heard their voice are comfortable with Babylon, they do not want to leave.

I have heard the voice of the prophet, I have been shown the pictures of Jerusalem and it is far beautiful than we could imagine. But my problem is that I don't have the map. I have lunched out into the desert searching for home without a map. But I know I would find it with God's help and I would come back and bring those who are ready back to Jerusalem and the temple of our God shall be rebuilt, God's presence shall be manifested among His people again.
Hmmmm. I am confused,
But I think on my part I should intensive personal evangelism, soul winning and discipleship especially among our youths and teenagers. maybe this with God help, we could birth new breeds.
Re: Are There No Trustworthy Pastors Anymore? by Hiswordxray(m): 10:47am On Aug 18, 2015
pharmagba:

Hmmmm. I am confused,
But I think on my part I should intensive personal evangelism, soul winning and discipleship especially among our youths and teenagers. maybe this with God help, we could birth new breeds.
This is the same solution that have been prescribed for decades but yet here we are. I think we need a shift in paradigm.

(1) (Reply)

Counterfeit Gods By Jefferson Bethke (poetry) / The Concept Of Free Will. A Conversation Between Man And God / Whatsapp Group For Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.